• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, I was going to save this until the day of the Direct, but ever since I saw the latest pic of the day I decided to show it now. The time for Ridley is (possibly) upon us, so for now experience the hype with this remix of Tallon Overworld 2 done in the style of Super Metroid!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well not entirely, pretty sure Russia will be fine.
In metroid universe, metroids drain life out of peoples. In Russia, PEOPLES drain life out of METROIDS!
Yeah...its cold in Russia...really cold...but no one really notices that...

Now i can`t sleep because of the Nintendo Direct...and i will do a 4x facepalm if Ridley won`t be announced...

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
In a perfect world, definitely. Would prefer 3 (4 counting Zero Suit Samus as separate) Metroid characters infinitely more than 5 Zelda or 6 Mario reps.
Let me guess, Samus+Zamus, Ridley, Dark Samus....

Even Dark Samus seems very unlikely in comparison to Ridley.

After that we start to have unlikely suggestions:
Chozo - Important because of raising Samus and making her suit, and being in a bunch of games.
Mother Brain - I can see her being playable in a future SSB game, but I really think she should stay a boss/AT
Hunters - Needs more appearances. Haven't played the games, but they seem cool.
Adam - Needs more appearances (but if it means Samus is going to feel she needs him like in Other M, maybe it's best he doesn't return).
Anthony - Needs more appearances. I see some good things they could do with Anthony in future Metroid games due to his personality and being the last of his squad (and knowing Adam), but for now he's too insignificant to get in.

Did I miss anything?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
While I am definitely hyped for tomorrow, I'm not expecting Ridley to happen. I'll gladly eat my words in the pleasant event that I'm wrong. :lick:
Well, I was going to save this until the day of the Direct, but ever since I saw the latest pic of the day I decided to show it now. The time for Ridley is (possibly) upon us, so for now experience the hype with this remix of Tallon Overworld 2 done in the style of Super Metroid!
The first part sounds more like a classic beat 'em up theme. Still good though.

andimidna

Smash Master
Like most, I wasn't expecting Ridley either.
But now we have all these recent hints of Ridley and Palutena...
Can we get 2 please?
And wow, the Metroid got this thread a lot of attention in just a couple hours.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Let me guess, Samus+Zamus, Ridley, Dark Samus....

Even Dark Samus seems very unlikely in comparison to Ridley.

After that we start to have unlikely suggestions:
Chozo - Important because of raising Samus and making her suit, and being in a bunch of games.
Mother Brain - I can see her being playable in a future SSB game, but I really think she should stay a boss/AT
Hunters - Needs more appearances. Haven't played the games, but they seem cool.
Adam - Needs more appearances (but if it means Samus is going to feel she needs him like in Other M, maybe it's best he doesn't return).
Anthony - Needs more appearances. I see some good things they could do with Anthony in future Metroid games due to his personality and being the last of his squad (and knowing Adam), but for now he's too insignificant to get in.

Did I miss anything?

Ninja Pirates

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
OMG THE METROID !!!!!!!!!!!!!
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
I think if Ridley is in that direct our my reaction will be like that guy in this video (0:19)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zrn-yCRmls

btw these are the Metroid characters that I think could be some good newcomers after Ridley :
Dark Samus
SA-X
Zebesian (space pirate)
Mother Brain (as she appears in Super Metroid)
Kraid
Adam
Anthony
Chozo (in the manga the Chozo warriors are beautiful & powerful)

majora_787

Smash Hero
After Ridley, I think the most recurring characters in the series are what. Mother Brain, Kraid, and Dark Samus?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
The problem with the Metroid Series is that there's not many recurring or important characters. Which is why I don't care if the Metroid series never gets another rep after Ridley. Anything more than Ridley is a just yummy desserts, and there's plenty of cool + interesting characters from the Metroid series.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
After Ridley, I think the most recurring characters in the series are what. Mother Brain, Kraid, and Dark Samus?
Dark Samus is essentially the main villain of the Metroid Prime series, so I like to count "it" as the most recurring character after Samus and Ridley. Mother Brain would come next, and then Kraid after Mother Brain.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
After Ridley, I think the most recurring character in Metroid is Samus. I didn't do any research, so don't quote me, but in my memory of the games, that's who it is.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Kraid's huge-ass size makes it so we have seen more of Kraid than any other character you guys are listing so far in the Metroid series, including Samus herself. I have no idea where you guys are getting all this info.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
AND Samus.
About Dark Samus - well, she appeared in more games than Kraid and Mother Brain (now just an AT) if you will count MP1...but it is kinda unimportant since all it did was erased from existance by Samus...other than things destroyed and peoples killed...so, its like it never existed now in metroid universe. But would be cool anyway...
Kraid is...well...too friggin` huge!

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It's okay, Kraid. Your weight looks good on you.

They should bring Kraid back soon. He and Ridley could be established as the true leaders of the Space Pirates (or Kraid being Ridley's subordinate) rather than "they're a hive mind no they have a council no they're a hive mind no they're just crazy pirates no they're a hive mind again".

The hive mind thing always sucked, anyway.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's okay, Kraid. Your weight looks good on you.

They should bring Kraid back soon. He and Ridley could be established as the true leaders of the Space Pirates (or Kraid being Ridley's subordinate) rather than "they're a hive mind no they have a council no they're a hive mind no they're just crazy pirates no they're a hive mind again".

The hive mind thing always sucked, anyway.
xD i think the hive mind thing was Mother Brain's fault and later Dark Samus'.....

X2A571_0D493BC832104_001.gif

"Yeah....the Space Pirates belong TO ME!!!"

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, with Dark Samus, you got the sense that they willingly followed her because she was pretty much a god to them. She whooped Samus's ass, and knew how to get them more of that fancy new toxic waste that was all the rage.

I don't mind the idea of them being drawn to powerful leader figures and such, but the apparently Other M has them as brainless hive-minded monsters. How exactly do they have a civilization and do research and have opinions if they're a hive-mind?

AndreaAC

Well, with Dark Samus, you got the sense that they willingly followed her because she was pretty much a god to them. She whooped Samus's ***, and knew how to get them more of that fancy new toxic waste that was all the rage.

I don't mind the idea of them being drawn to powerful leader figures and such, but the apparently Other M has them as brainless hive-minded monsters. How exactly do they have a civilization and do research and have opinions if they're a hive-mind?
weren't the pirates brainwashed?

:3 oh and their opinions were kinda funny... science team has vapor for brains...i wonder how they get punished with comments like these

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
weren't the pirates brainwashed?
I'm not sure, they might've been! But they were definitely worshipping Dark Samus either way. It may have been the Pirates' Phazon corruption, combined with Dark Samus's control over Phazon, that allowed her to control them so easily.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, Ridley wasn't a mindless hive-minded monster like you said. He personally took control of some of the revived monsters himself and acted completely on his own.

As for Kraid, I never thought of him as being a mindless creature considering his status as one of the Space Pirate generals. But since we know little of him in the first place, I like to think of him as this ancient evil that the Chozo sealed away several millennia ago, only to join forces with Ridley and Mother Brain when they freed him before the events of Metroid 1.

AndreaAC

I'm not sure, they might've been! But they were definitely worshipping Dark Samus either way. It may have been the Pirates' Phazon corruption, combined with Dark Samus's control over Phazon, that allowed her to control them so easily.
phazon_phlakes_by_metroiddatabase-d4n0i4m.jpg

Yeah, she give them this

Last edited:

AndreaAC

And i think Roidley is so muscular because he ate regulary, unlike Ridley, and he isn`t THAT (DBZ muscular as someone said) muscular since you still can see his rib/ribcage when looking at the model.
I was lurking in some japanese sites...and when i found this...even if i don't like Roidley....i was glad that he doesn't look like this

3439405i.jpg

some japanese artist have really wierd ideas....

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
^ Is that a fusion between Ridley and... the legendary super saiyan Broly? Ew.

Anyhoo, Ridley's expression here is still how I feel about tomorrow.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know if anyone else I brought this up, but I feel like there will definitely be a huge character reveal tomorrow.
And if it is, I am certain it will be Ridley.

After all, they revealed Little Mac (ironically a BIG deal) on Valentine's Day.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If there was any other recurring metroid character after ridley and that would be any of the other hunters in metroid hunters and I hate to say this but Anthony Higgs as well but very very low chance

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
That picture can't get our hopes up, as much as I want him to be confirmed tomorrow the odds are at E3.
Also just think about, Sakurai probably did that cause he knew it would get our hopes up. I'm expecting a couple veterans and chrome tomorrow.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
*Pyrosphere gets revealed*
Sakurai: OH GEE, I WONDER WHO COULD BE RELATED TO THIS STAGE.

*Mother Brain assist trophy*
Sakurai: OH GEE, GUESS WHICH FRANCHISE GETTING MORE REPRESENTATION HUH GUYS.

*Puppy and scale issues*
Sakurai: OH GEE, I WONDER WHO WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HIS SIZE

*Metroid assist trophy a day before Smash Direct*
Sakurai: OH GEE, GUESS WHAT SERIES MIGHT BE FEATURED ON TOMORROW'S DIRECT.

Pretty much my interpretation to every moment Sakurai hinted at Ridley.

Top Bottom