• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NOOOO! RIDLEY WASN`T DESIGNED TO BE CUTE! NOW HE IS RUINED FOREVER! But looks cute and i really want to say that. And now, i present you...
3D version of it!

Maybe Ridley would fit better...but thats for the next time...
Metroid_Prime_Steam_2_by_doodlegarmander.png

xD this comic i found discribes this....even if it is Roidley....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just to point this out

Yes ridley is possible to be shown at this direct on Tuesday direct but still e3 is a much better time to show since its in the west

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD sorry that it is not a Ridley drawing, but this was too funny! i may draw him later when i get some ideas...

Untitled2.png

Last edited:

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
NOOOO! RIDLEY WASN`T DESIGNED TO BE CUTE! NOW HE IS RUINED FOREVER! But looks cute and i really want to say that. And now, i present you...
3D version of it!

Maybe Ridley would fit better...but thats for the next time...
I will Put that in my Signature when/if ridley gets revealed as a Playable Character, and that seems that it took a lot of work to make.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'd put a dancing Ridley (either one really) in my Sig, but not much of a fan for the "In your face Shokio" part, even if everyone knows it's just being silly. Wouldn't want to come off as some trash talker. :bubblebobble:

I can't imagine that little dance with the Brawl Ridley though. Might look weird. :applejack:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Ridley is revealed as a playable character in this direct, then I swear I'm going to change my avatar of Jake the Dog to Ridley's official reveal pic.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody. While this is probably off topic (is there even one right now?), I can finally add to the beautiful art gallery this forum has become. I threw this together as a sort of personal challenge with the requirements being that I had to use MS Paint and that I could only use the Paint Bucket and Pencil tools. I'd say that it turned out pretty well, so here ya go! Also I don't have any of those fancy Drawing Pad things. I'm a bum.
RidleyWright.jpg

Also, could somebody please add the "Objection" part? I'm too lazy to do it myself. :estatic:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I went into other m expecting a horrid game, but found out the hatred for it was overblown and it was actually a good game despite the stupidity of the way you unlocked new weapons and abiltiles. I thought her reaction to ridley fit I mean he did kill everyone she new as a child and ate her parents. I liked the older games but it did not give samus much personality other then a emotionless mercenary killing things.

AndreaAC

tumblr_mzhnl8DP1Q1qgjqkio1_1280.jpg
Rundas would have to deal with the too big thing too....but Rundas could turn the toobigots into popsicles and later Ridley would turn them into ashes....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I went into other m expecting a horrid game, but found out the hatred for it was overblown and it was actually a good game despite the stupidity of the way you unlocked new weapons and abiltiles. I thought her reaction to ridley fit I mean he did kill everyone she new as a child and ate her parents. I liked the older games but it did not give samus much personality other then a emotionless mercenary killing things.
I apologize for jumping in like this, but I really disagree, she was never an emotionless killing machine. Metroid 2 shown that she had a side of compassion with the Baby Metroid, Super shown that she cared about the Etecoons and Dachoras when she saved them from the explosion that destroyed Zebes as well as concern for their safety in Fusion, Fusion also shown she was grateful for the Baby Metroid not once, but twice saving her life, and there's the sadness she felt at the loss of the hunters in Prime 3. Plus, we know that there was a good relationship with Adam via Fusion before Other M was even in the picture.

Just because it was never vocalized doesn't mean she was just an emotionless killer that didn't care at all for the things around her. There are moments that shown a side of compassion, all despite not having (for the most part) cutscenes or dialogue to deliver that. The thing is it was always there, Other M did not add that side to her.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What about the rather forced characterization of MB, or the hilariously dropped plotline of "The Deleter"?

I'm not quite sure the Prime games needed to expand upon Samus' character. They were more universe-buildy and amazingly well done. I never went through it wanting more Samus, because I never felt I needed more. To each their own I guess, but Other M has quite a few more problems in my book than giving Samus...character. (She sounded pretty soulless to me, but yeah.)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, Tuesday may be Ridley's day.
I've heard it mentioned that, similar to the February Direct which revealed Little Mac, Tuesday's Direct is aimed at Western audiences given it's time. (If I remember correctly, the December Direct which revealed Rosalina was early for us Westerners.) So this could mean we'll get a character that is more popular with Western fans again. Of course, this Westernly popular character may not be Ridley. The timing could also be meaningless.
Interesting note, however.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can't imagine that little dance with the Brawl Ridley though. Might look weird.
Can`t imagine it? TOO BAD! RIDLEY DANCE TIME!

Maybe Gangnam Style Ridley will be next...but i don`t know how exactly he should move.

And Other M isn`t THAT bad of course. It has good graphics, good gameplay (it has few flaws/issues, but for the most part is good enough), but lacks music outside of escape theme/music and boss themes (as far as i know), bad story (can be ignored, but still is bad) and awful excuse for not allowing you to use upgrades...at least those that can`t damage someone (Varia and Gravity suits and Space Jump, other upgrades can kill weak enemies and humans of course). Why not blame hyper beam for overriding beams and Mother Brain for destroying all of the power bombs, missiles and super missiles? That would be a bit better.

And i REALLY want Ridley to be revealed at Nintendo Direct. Or at least at E3...but i hope he will be revealed at Direct. I just can`t wait for it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
prime is the only game I never got around to playing, heard it was difficult and easy to get lost. I not to good at videogames and scared I get half way threw to just get stuck

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
prime is the only game I never got around to playing, heard it was difficult and easy to get lost. I not to good at videogames and scared I get half way threw to just get stuck
Then may FAQ/Walkthrough guide help you. It may help if you will get lost and the game itself will navigate you to the right path if you will get lost for too long...as far as i know...i never played it because its FPS game and i don`t like them...but i may try to play it at least once...maybe...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm sure you'd get through it just fine with an online walkthrough.

But then again I still haven't finished the game so take my advice with a grain of salt.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's part of the fun though, to get lost and try to figure out how to progress. Linearity was never a good thing in Metroid games imo, the franchise is defined by its exploration and mystery elements. The first Prime is possibly the best game in the Metroid series, I'd definitely give it a try.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That should close any possibility of Ridley ever being an AT, which while wasn't anything threatening to his chances is still nice to know.

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really wasn't thinking much about Ridley being revealed tomorrow but gosh darn it if that freaking Metroid didn't make me want to believe that was a hint.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
View attachment 11555

I had to put this in....sorry
Awwww... even the Metroid looks super happy. Seriously, the way the brains form to become happy eyes is the cutest ****ing thing ever.
Y'know what'll really seal the deal? A Pyrosphere pic tomorrow.
I'll have serious breathing issues if we get a Pyrosphere picture tomorrow, and I haven't even had asthma problems since I was 4 years old.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That should close any possibility of Ridley ever being an AT, which while wasn't anything threatening to his chances is still nice to know.
Well...at least now there is even more chances that he will be playable...and i think Mother Brain would work better as a stage hazard...but its a good thing anyway.
That's part of the fun though, to get lost and try to figure out how to progress. Linearity was never a good thing in Metroid games imo, the franchise is defined by its exploration and mystery elements. The first Prime is possibly the best game in the Metroid series, I'd definitely give it a try.
And still Maridia was the worst part of the Super Metroid for me because of getting lost for hour. And what`s about Super Metroid? Isn`t it the best metroid game?
Y'know what'll really seal the deal? A Pyrosphere pic tomorrow.
Video that shows Pyrosphere from all angles would be a lot better...right? Especially with Ridley getting smacked with home-run bat by Samus.
Aw, what a cute Metroid you a- GET OFF! GET OFF! GET THE *** OFF!!!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And still Maridia was the worst part of the Super Metroid for me. And what`s about Super Metroid? Isn`t it the best metroid game?
Well, imo Super Metroid is the best Metroid game ever yes, and the second best game ever in general, but Metroid Prime isn't far behind, they're both masterpieces. I see a lot of people dread Maridia, but I honestly think it's one of the most unique and atmospheric zones in any Metroid game, I really love it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't visited this thread in like 2 months, and it has moved 98 pages since then.

I hope tomorrow/day after tomorrow is your big day.

AndreaAC

H2A571_0D6642D2801D2_000.gif

xD i had to do this really quick flipnote doodle....i can't wait for the Direct...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I feel like entertaining this thought said in the Direct thread for a split second.

I doubt there's going to be a Ridley reveal, for a simple reason - if bosses are back, which they probably will be, who will be the Metroid's boss now?
With both the the literal head honcho in a can and Ridley presumably out of the picture, who'd be most likely assume said role?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I feel like entertaining this thought said in the Direct thread for a split second.

With both the the literal head honcho in a can and Ridley presumably out of the picture, who'd be most likely assume said role?
The Queen Metroid seems pretty obvious. I mean, it was the final boss for both Metroid II and Metroid Other M. It shares a significant history with both Samus and Ridley, and is the most powerful form of the Metroid species.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Either Kraid (he really needs more love in 3d world...it will be his 2nd appearance in a 3d game) or Mother B- oh, wait, they wasted her for a AT...then maybe some kind of a Metroid?..or Dark Samus...or Emperor Ing...there are a lot of bosses to choose because Metroid franchise is mostly about exploration, shooting, bosses, Ridley and exploding planets & space stations...
OR Ridley WILL be a boss, but in the same way as Giant Kirby/Metal Mario/Giant DK. With an escape sequence after the match, just like in Melee. Wouldn`t THAT be better?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kraid seems like he would be the most likely and suitable Metroid boss to become a boss this time around, as he's one of the few remaining classic Metroid bosses. The Queen Metroid is pretty likely and fitting as well.

I would love to see Crocomire as Metroid's boss character, but the chance of that happening is....almost non-existent.

Top Bottom