• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yes, BrawlBox FTW. What does orthographically means? Yes, i can. In-game in Brawl or Super Metroid or Zero Mission or which game?
WELL THEN I MEAN IF YOU COULD EXPORT A T-POSE RIDLEY TO .OBJ THAT'D BE GREAT, but uh orthograph is basically zero perspective? If I may just borrow this first google image result here, it's very handy when making height charts, since, for example, without orthograph it may be hard to judge where the bottom of the foot is, or where the top of the head is, because they're presented as an angle, but when the view is orthographic they are presented all mathematical-like and every bit of them faces exactly straight forward.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think Ridley suffers from anorexia, or that his metabolism is so strong that he can't get fat, no matter how much he eats....
but Roidley on the other hand, definitely suffers from bigorexia...
USA Ridley '85????
I think he does. And Omega Ridley is even more anorexic (just look at his legs). OR Samus beats all of the *** out of him everyday, so, he remains so lean and mean.
He just looks bulky. Especially his legs...maybe its just his bones?
I meant 86...anyway, THIS one -
- is USA version of Ridley 86/NES Ridley

WELL THEN I MEAN IF YOU COULD EXPORT A T-POSE RIDLEY TO .OBJ THAT'D BE GREAT, but uh orthograph is basically zero perspective? If I may just borrow this first google image result here, it's very handy when making height charts, since, for example, without orthograph it may be hard to judge where the bottom of the foot is, or where the top of the head is, because they're presented as an angle, but when the view is orthographic they are presented all mathematical-like and every bit of them faces exactly straight forward.
I can enable floor and try to adjust andle at which they are posed. Otherwise, its impossible. And which game?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
It has to do with the move to 3D. On the NES the physical dimensions weren't that important, and you could get away with more unrealistic actions, but in 3D the characters have to interact in a believable way. If Mac were his original size, he'd have to jump much higher to punch his opponents, which affects the timing of the animations and stuff... I MEAN THERE'S A LOT OF FACETS BUT BASICALLY ITS JUST MORE BELIEVABLE.
That's implying that Little Mac didn't jump super goofily high just to be able to hit people in the NES version. Considering how unrealistic Punch-Out is, it's just hard to see realism being the reason why they'd do it.
I dunno, maybe it just bugs me seeing Little Mac being so huge in the second game, since it makes the enemies look small even if they are still bigger than Mac.
Though with all that said, it's all just a minor complaint.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Because of the beak? Eyes? Or just head itself?..at least its better than USA Ridley `85, right?
Well obviously it's not that bad, but that picture isn't even an official look for Ridley.

But yeah it's mostly the beak. Looks like a banana peel.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Moral: KNOCK ON THE DOOR BEFORE ENTERING SOMEONE'S ROOM

Shinryu learned this moral the "Hard" way...:troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's implying that Little Mac didn't jump super goofily high just to be able to hit people in the NES version. Considering how unrealistic Punch-Out is, it's just hard to see realism being the reason why they'd do it.
I dunno, maybe it just bugs me seeing Little Mac being so huge in the second game, since it makes the enemies look small even if they are still bigger than Mac.
Though with all that said, it's all just a minor complaint.
He did jump super goofily high in the NES version, and like I said you could get away with that back then, since that didn't account for physical dimensions at all, the height and weights given were just for show. Also the way the graphics were presented played with perspective a lot. THE MOVE TO 3D COULDN'T RECREATE SUCH ILLUSIONS.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But yeah it's mostly the beak. Looks like a banana peel.
So, if it would be bent downwards (like on my version of model), it would look better?
Moral: KNOCK ON THE DOOR BEFORE ENTERING SOMEONE'S ROOM
Wait, shouldn`t be the door covered by blast shield?

Is there anyone who can make PSA hack coding for Brawl and is a Ridley supporter? Just want to know.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think he does. And Omega Ridley is even more anorexic (just look at his legs). OR Samus beats all of the *** out of him everyday, so, he remains so lean and mean.
He just looks bulky. Especially his legs...maybe its just his bones?
I meant 86...anyway, THIS one -
- is USA version of Ridley 86/NES Ridley
:3 i think i might have some kind of explanation....

Ridley6.gif

1- The Original Ridley (from the Original Metroid/ZM), the unfortunately second in command alonside Mother Brain...

2- After the poor thing gets his butt kicked by Samus, the pirates got orders from high commad to do the modifications on his body, in a really painful way

3- He later turns out as Meta Ridley, later he gets his butt kicked again and falls to the impact crater (i dont remember), probably the Phazon that was around helped him a little with his healing, and in some way went to the Pirate Homeworld

I think 6 months passed after that.

4- aparently, since he was regaining his organic tissue, the pirates got him new implants, and for some reason he got a phazon armorskin (that's why Meta Ridley in prime 3 is blue-ish), the battle of Norion happens and he ends up falling...and falling...and he's STILL FALLIN' on the generator shaft, when he reaches the bottom, he aparently dies, but the phazon from his armorskin helped him to stand back up, and went again to the pirate homeworld. He is seriously wounded, and later becomes the leviathan guardian (when he is more healed but with a wound still on his chest), since he absorbed the phazon on his armorskin alongside a big amount of phazon when he got inside the Leviathan, his implants and organic tissue are visible (His skin looks like exposed muscles...and that's why he looks thinner than normal)....he later EXPLODES with phazon energy, but he actually hide somewhere on the leviathan...heavily wounded again...

5- After Phaaze blows up, and everything gets back to normal, Ridley is healed (like Samus) and regains his whole organic tissue...he gets a little bit of rest while the events of Metroid II take place...later, at the events of SM, he loses yet again and supposedly gets blown up alongside with Zebes...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't that the Miku thing that sings and dances. Might have to search some Japanese YouTubes to find Omega Ridley singing and dancing.

AndreaAC

Actually, the owner of the model did some dancing stuff, but Omega Ridley is not in it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

We're getting close to a possible Ridley confirmation.

So I'd like to bring something up....

Ridley detractors are some of the most passionate detractors I have ever seen...

While I'm pretty sure the overall reception would be a positive one, I'm worried Ridley's detractors may...

Make life difficult to say the least...

What do you guys think?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So....

Ridley detractors are some of the most passionate detractors I have ever seen...

While I'm pretty sure the overall reception would be a positive one, I'm worried Ridley's detractors may...

What do you guys think?
Quite frankly? If Ridley gets confirmed, I don't give a flying **** what they have to say to me!

I'm sure we'll hear "Look how out of place he is!" "I was right all along!" "Ugh. Sakurai caved to the whiners!"

And I'll just sit there going "And look who was wrong about him being in the game?" and that's pretty much it.

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to having some fun, here's hoping we get the chance!

Edited for friendship!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Quite frankly? If Ridley gets confirmed, I don't give a flying **** what they have to say to me!

I'm sure we'll hear "Look how out of place he is!" "I was right all along!" "Ugh. Sakurai caved to the whiners!"

And I'll just sit there going "And look who was wrong about him being in the game?" and that's pretty much it.

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to having some fun, here's hoping we get the chance!

Edited for friendship!
:3 oh yeah, same here!!!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So....

What do you guys think?
As I keep telling myself, the Direct is set at a time that's good for Westerners. Ridley is by far one of the most popular candidates in North America and Europe, and has been so for 15 years. He may not be a lock for this Direct, but he has a pretty good chance of appearing.

Also, I made a post earlier stating that the moment Ridley was confirmed, that I would try to compile all the reactions from the Too Bigots and post them here in an image. Unfortunately for me, the Direct is going to air at a time where I'm seriously trying to study for my classes near the end of the semester, while I've been experiencing misfortune within my family. If Ridley's confirmed in this direct, I promise I'll try to look in my spare time.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So....

What do you guys think?
They probably won't change their ways, but to be quite honest, if Ridley's in then it doesn't matter what they do. The fact of the matter is Ridley's still a character we wanted to be in for so long and to have him would be a great experience for us. They can do their worst, but nothing they do will take him away from us nor are they going to ruin that experience with any of their complaining.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Actually, the owner of the model did some dancing stuff, but Omega Ridley is not in it

Wow. Part of me died inside watching that, which I think is a good thing in this case, haha.

As for the question about the detractors, pretty much what others already said. I expect to probably see more straw grasping from some of 'em on how Ridley's supposedly "further proven to be deconfirmed" or something silly if we don't get him on Tuesday though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm almost certain the detractors along with everyone are gonna have their hands full that day, regardless.

Ridley seems like the lesser of multiple evils in comparison to Mii's, third-parties, returning vets/clones, etc..

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What do you guys think?
"That`s not Ridley/He sucks/That game is ruined now/Why its not Toad/Goku/*insert your unlikely character here* instead/He looks stupid now/Etc". And that will last for month or less. BUT NONE OF THE RIDLEY SUPPORTERS CARE ABOUT IT AS LONG AS RIDLEY IS PLAYABLE, right?

And just something i made for something that has nothing to do with Super Smash Bros other than being fighting game, but is related to Ridley anyway:

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So, if it would be bent downwards (like on my version of model), it would look better?
It looks a little better. But also Roidley's beak looks flimsy and paper thin. I like to see a powerful looking mouth that could rip apart steel! Something that looks like there's strong jaw muscles in there.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Ridley gets revealed, that would be amazing. However, I don't think it'll happen yet. I'm thinking more Palutena.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
What do you guys think?
I was thinking this exact same thing this morning. Anyone who has the balls to come in and say "YOU GUYS HAVEN'T WON, RIDLEY'S STILL STUPID", or whatever drivel they cough out of the secondary buttholes they call their mouths, can kiss my white ass. They can ***** and moan all they want, we still have Ridley.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
what's the point of this so called competition if the subject of so called competition is confirmed to be a part of of the thing the bet was all about?

in other words; i will break every ridley in smash hater in smash, with ridley. the irony, oh.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I lost it when the ship started dancing xD

So....

What do you guys think?
I feel they'd be avoiding places like this that day, lol.

If Ridley gets revealed, that would be amazing. However, I don't think it'll happen yet. I'm thinking more Palutena.
And I can only keep hoping this never, ever happens

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So....

What do you guys think?
The one thing I hope we don't do is try and shove it in their faces personally. Yes, they've been nuisances for 10 years now, but I really don't want the general Ridley fanbase to stoop down to their level just because we "won." Sure if they continue to go face up against us and say he looks out of place or w/e we can discuss and tell why we think differently, but I really hope that as few of us as possible actually go out and seek Ridley detractors just to cause trouble, because at that point we won't be any better than them. I've discussed with a few Ridley supporters who do have plans to go out and harass anti-Ridleys if he gets announced, it's rather sad imo.

When the few living Ridley detractors (because let's face it, most of them will crawl underground) inevitably continue to go on their Ridley rants I think we should just counter them the way we've mostly always done, logically and level-headed. At that point they won't have anything to get under our skins with anyways, we have Ridley in Smash Bros, people can have whatever opinion on that from there on out and it won't affect anything.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't caaaaare what they're going to saaaaay!

Let the TooBigotry rage onnnn...

The butthurt never bothered me anyway.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't caaaaare what they're going to saaaaay!

Let the TooBigotry rage onnnn...

The butthurt never bothered me anyway.
I totally thought of this as well!

Someone needs to make a gif out of that with Elsa knocking away Shokio and Ultra with pure hype.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I totally thought of this as well!

Someone needs to make a gif out of that with Elsa knocking away Shokio and Ultra with pure hype.
Since "Let It Go" covers are all the rage, I'd prefer an entire new set of Ridley-related lyrics for our own personal cover.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Since "Let It Go" covers are all the rage, I'd prefer an entire new set of Ridley-related lyrics for our own personal cover.
Considering how this thread seems to be filled with creative artists nowadays, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before something like that becomes a reality.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Am I the only person on the planet that didn't think that movie was "omgsogoodlieksweetjesusomg"? Oh well, this is not the place for that rant. I just wanted to say that, should Ridley be confirmed, I would be the biggest **** in the universe about it to detractors. I don't mind meeting them on their level because I was never in an elevated position to begin with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom