• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not sure how well this will be received, but I decided to give Ridley and Samus the MLP treatment just for kicks.

:3 Aww, filly Samus looks cute...but why Ridley is a Griffon? shouldn't he still being a dragon?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
...I feel a mix of emotions .... dissapointed because its MLP (no offense) yet impressed because ridley still looks good.
None taken.

So glad I did more than just slap on Ridley's head on a horse body and call it a day...

:3 Aww, filly Samus looks cute...but why Ridley is a Griffon? should he still being a dragon?
The thing about MLP dragons is that there isn't one consistent character design to them that is uniquely MLP that I could build a Ridley MLP dragon from. Just look at Dragon Quest and tell me what all those dragons have in common design-wise that separates them from other cartoon dragons.

Plus, Ridley's already pretty birdlike. Griffin was only a natural progression for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

The thing about MLP dragons is that there isn't one consistent character design to them that is uniquely MLP that I could build a Ridley MLP dragon from. Just look at Dragon Quest and tell me what all those dragons have in common design-wise that separates them from other cartoon dragons.

Plus, Ridley's already pretty birdlike. Griffin was only a natural progression for him.
yeah, you are right....those are more common medieval dragons....you know, i think Roidley's adolescent form should hang out with the teenage dragons...they are both ugly...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I actually thought Ridley was Discord.

Hey, don't look at me like that, I don't actually watch the show.

It's just that being long enough on the internet makes you know the names of some of those characters.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
SO...

Seeing how the direct is coming closer, regardless of a Ridley reveal or not, I felt like putting down my thoughts on Ridley.

I guess you all would be happy to know I never hated Ridley or it's fan base. Jealous maybe, doubted when I was younger, but never hated.

However, over the years I've been accumulating information on just what Ridley would be like. I must say, I'm kind of fond of him now.

That's quite the accomplishment since I like cuter characters more usually. (Inb4 Picture of cute Ridley.)

Not to mention a lot of people who I'm becoming friends with as well as people who I respect all seem to love Ridley. So why not offer support?

I never been a fan of the metroid series...well...At least playing it myself. I've seen some walkthroughs and LPs of some metroid games. Always felt like a nice adventure. The problem with me playing Metriod games is that I would get lost and grow bored. (At least, in what I hear in the so called "better" games. Probably won't have that problem in the more linear games).

Might consider picking up metroid fusion on the eshop...

Thats all I really wanted to say on my thoughts on playable Ridley...Hope Ridley is revealed tomorrow. Along with my other more wanted newcomers but this is you guys' moment.

As for that who should be a boss character, I say Kraid. Speaking of which, I did love the Brinstar Depths theme in melee. <3

AndreaAC

It's just that being long enough on the internet makes you know the names of some of those characters.
Ridley is a bloodthirsty murderer....and Discord is some kind of prankster or something....they have nothing in common, well, except that both wore a maid outfit...

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Not sure how well this will be received, but I decided to give Ridley and Samus the MLP treatment just for kicks.
I have mixed feelings on this. I do not know what to say/do.

It's the power of Q providing you with the knowledge of Discord. :bubblebobble:

Ridley is a bloodthirsty murderer....and Discord is some kind of prankster or something....they have nothing in common, well, except that both wore a maid outfit...
Well Discord does like to see people suffer from time to time as well. You never know with that guy, too chaotic.

Must resist urge for pony title.
Why resist? You know you want to. Besides, it'll be fun. :happysheep:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's not a thing of personality (of which I know nothing), rather more of a thing in appaerance. You know, elongated body, different looking sets of feet, weird tail, and--

Oh god, let's stop here before we go way off-track. We're supporting the inclusion of a murderous space dragon into a fighting game, why are we talking about ponies and friendship and magic and stuff.

AndreaAC

It's not a thing of personality (of which I know nothing), rather more of a thing in appaerance. You know, elongated body, different looking sets of feet, weird tail, and--

Oh god, let's stop here before we go way off-track. We're supporting the inclusion of a murderous space dragon into a fighting game, why are we talking about ponies and friendship and magic and stuff.
Yeah...you are right, i need to go back fixing my Ridley sketch in Leonardo's style....and being nervous about tomorrow...

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Just passing by to wish you all the best. Not too into the Ridley hype but I would be delighted if he were in.

But I feel his time is near so HAVE A GOOD 20 HOURS HAHAHAHAHA

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
yeah, you are right....those are more common medieval dragons....you know, i think Roidley's adolescent form should hang out with the teenage dragons...they are both ugly...
I mean, some have underbites, some have overbites, some have wings, some DON'T have wings, some are fat, some are buff, some have fins, some have hair...

I could simply vector Ridley with simpler colors, and he'd fit right in.

Or even photoshop him in!

AndreaAC

I mean, some have underbites, some have overbites, some have wings, some DON'T have wings, some are fat, some are buff, some have fins, some have hair...

xD oh my God, i can't stop laughing....adolescent Roidley fits perfect into the group.....

Keeshu

Smash Ace

Because the irony of having ponies with a blood thirsty space dragon is hilarious. It's one of the main reasons why Meta Knight is my favorite Nintendo Character (being the only tough/cool looking character in a world of cute things). I look forward to seeing Ridley beat the crud out of Jigglypuff and other cute things in the next smash.

Also, because Ridley needed the Magic of Friendship to make his space pirate army as large as he did. *shot*

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman

I wonder if ridley would enslave them and turn them into Space Pirates if he got the chance.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Because the irony of having ponies with a blood thirsty space dragon is hilarious. It's one of the main reasons why Meta Knight is my favorite Nintendo Character (being the only tough/cool looking character in a world of cute things). I look forward to seeing Ridley beat the crud out of Jigglypuff and other cute things in the next smash.

Also, because Ridley needed the Magic of Friendship to make his space pirate army as large as he did. *shot*
Space Pirate logs: Some of our Pirate brethren were questioning our equine overlords. They were promptly shot.

Some other Pirates disagreed with our superiors on best pony. They too were shot.

I wonder if ridley would enslave them and turn them into Space Pirates if he got the chance.
I think that Ridley would rather hunt them all down and murder them one by one. The dragons are unruly and not exactly driven to conquest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

It was the song, wasn't it?

I don't blame you, it's a good song.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Everyone just remember to keep your wits about you. No need to get an insane hype train going only to get let down with Chrom or Palutena or someone equally un-Ridley-like, and said hype train fly off a cliff.

No offense to fans of either of those characters, but they ain't no Ridley.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Everyone just remember to keep your wits about you. No need to get an insane hype train going only to get let down with Chrom or Palutena or someone equally un-Ridley-like.

No offense to fans of either of those characters, but they ain't no Ridley.
I hope it does not happen again....it happened with Little Mac....i hope i don't get my heart broken again....

if everything goes ok, and he gets revealed, i will draw more Ridley stuff....or find a way to make a plushie of him and hug it to death

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm just excited for Smash news in general, the possibility of Ridley is a nice little bonus but I mean y'know, I want whatever they're showing.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Ridley gets confirmed tomorrow I'm going to eat popcorn and watch Game Grumps right now.

That was delicious and funny I am Satisfied.

NO NO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TWO POSTS SO THAT EVERYONE COULD SEE HOW COOL AND REBELLIOUS AND FUNNY I AM.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Tomorrow's PotD - Zero Suit Samus

If that happens..... Consider my hype levels at critical.

But I'm still keeping a cool head. Ridley can still very well become officially excluded from the roster. Tomorrow very well may be our hell and not our heaven.

Ladies and Gentleman, Pirates and Dragons... Good Luck.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. Stay strong my friends! Let's hope the Pyrosphere stays clear of our good ol' purple dragony overlord.

Unless he's playable, that is.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Today will be a long-ass day. I think I will dive into Dota 2 and hope for the best. Please let Ridley be revealed today, Samurai!

Edit: Look at my post count, 666. Ridley is evil, 666 is the number of the devil. who is evil.

Ridley confirmed?

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Just 16 hours more and maybe our great space dragon overlord will be revealed.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I know I shouldn't try to spend too much time speculating on when Ridley will be revealed, but god damn the fact that Sakurai decided to put a pic of Metroid the day before the Direct.

I fear that I'm going to be immensely disappointed if he isn't revealed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know I shouldn't try to spend too much time speculating on when Ridley will be revealed, but god damn the fact that Sakurai decided to put a pic of Metroid the day before the Direct.

I fear that I'm going to be immensely disappointed if he isn't revealed.
The Metroid itself doesn't really mean much, it's not the pic of the day that leads up to the Direct anyways. If we get a Pyrosphere picture as today's pic, then yeah I'll be a little suspicious, but as of now I feel that the Metroid reveal might aswell have been any AT reveal.

AndreaAC

D2A571_0D66E0731AC4C_000.gif

"..."

DAMN, i can't stop thinking about the Direct...im really nervous

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Ridley, Yoshi, and Shinryu (Final Fantasy) are having a good time playing awesome music.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know what I just found out that's interesting right now? I went over to the Japanese Miiverse, and apparently the Metroid AT reveal made some people there think that Ridley is going to be revealed this Tuesday.

It doesn't really mean anything about his chances appearing honestly, but I thought it was something interesting to point out.

Oh, and there was this image that I found over there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom