• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what I just found out that's interesting right now? I went over to the Japanese Miiverse, and apparently the Metroid AT reveal made some people there think that Ridley is going to be revealed this Tuesday.

It doesn't really mean anything about his chances appearing honestly, but I thought it was something interesting to point out.

Oh, and there was this image that I found over there.
Lets hope! It's great to see some Japanese expectation of Ridley.

That image in general is the best thing ever though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My hype meter is pretty close to full. I'm honestly not expecting Ridley today, but if we get a new character at all/ gameplay/ a release date / info on the customization stuff he talked about a while back/ some other new cool thing

I'll be pretty happy

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'm not expecting Ridley today either but I do hope that we get a lot of Pyrosphere footage, so we can at least confirm that there is no stage hazard on it

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I can't wait :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

btw can someone do this gif with Ultra's name too I hate him more than Shokio

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, reveal of something we don`t know what is today...
and now...
i present you...
Ridley...
GANGNAM STYLE..!

...i will remake it because i don`t like how it looks...maybe because of the arm movement or leg movement...i don`t know...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sorry to stray off from Ridley, but nice to see Black Shadow still wanted.
Yeah. It'd be nice to see some F-Zero love at least. Isn't Black Shadow still consistently popular in Japan?

Anyway you're right, this is lacking in Ridley discussion. Couldn't help myself.

Today sure will be interesting.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I don't know why you're all getting hyped up, Ridley isn't going to be revealed today.

(If I say that, God will have Ridley revealed to make me look like a jackass.... not that I need much help in that department.)

D

Deleted member

Man, sometimes I'm feeling ashamed to live in a country so full of idiotic and dim-witted Ridley detractors.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's hope we See Something Similar to this on the Smash website. ;)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just beat Zero Mission in celebration of its 10 year anniversary here in Europe. It's the game that got me into my favorite franchise ever, so it was pretty important for me to play it through on this occasion. Beat it in 00:58, which while isn't amazing is still pretty good when I also went around to collect a few extra power-ups, had to backtrack due to going to Kraid too early, and I had to go get the Varia Suit (which takes a lot of time when you're already in Norfair for High Jump Boots.)

Now if Sakurai announces Ridley for my 10 year anniversary as a Metroid fan, I'll be absolutely speechless. Sakurai, make it happen!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I envy you people who are going to stick around when the streaming starts. The Direct happens at a time that just so happens for me to be during my classes, so I won't be able to find out whether Ridley's confirmed or not until later.

But even then, I'll try not to have a heart attack when I open the Smash website and find his character page in all it's glory.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I love it !!! when Masahiro will confirm Ridley everyone MUST put this one and the shokio's one in their signatures :chuckle:

Sorry to stray off from Ridley, but nice to see Black Shadow still wanted.
But I want Samurai Goroh ... not Black Shadow :(

Just beat Zero Mission in celebration of its 10 year anniversary here in Europe. It's the game that got me into my favorite franchise ever, so it was pretty important for me to play it through on this occasion. Beat it in 00:58, which while isn't amazing is still pretty good when I also went around to collect a few extra power-ups, had to backtrack due to going to Kraid too early, and I had to go get the Varia Suit (which takes a lot of time when you're already in Norfair for High Jump Boots.)

Now if Sakurai announces Ridley for my 10 year anniversary as a Metroid fan, I'll be absolutely speechless. Sakurai, make it happen!
MZM was my first Metroid game too ;) and I'm European too
It was also my first videogame and my mother bought it casually with the GBA (it was destiny)

This is probably my last comment before the direct so ..... GOOD LUCK RIDLEY !!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU !!!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
um....i don't understand....if the direct was going to be TODAY, why is there a messege that says that it is going to be for TOMORROW? WHY?!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
um....i don't understand....if the direct was going to be TODAY, why is there a messege that says that it is going to be for TOMORROW? WHY?!
It might depend on your time zone.

If it helps, no matter where you are in the world, the Direct will begin in about two hours and forty minutes. So find yourself a source to watch the Direct for that time, and you'll be able to watch it live.

Onibaba

Banned via Warnings
Probably because it starts exactly at midnight in some countries?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why, Mr. Moderator! I hardly expected that to come from you.

[read it in an old nanny's voice and take it as a joke]
I know. I usually don't make posts like that, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. :p

UltimateWario

Smash Master
You know what I just found out that's interesting right now? I went over to the Japanese Miiverse, and apparently the Metroid AT reveal made some people there think that Ridley is going to be revealed this Tuesday.

It doesn't really mean anything about his chances appearing honestly, but I thought it was something interesting to point out.

Oh, and there was this image that I found over there.
Wow, not just Ridley, but Dark Samus, too? Coming from Japan, this really makes me feel good. (Just in general, not about Ridley's chances.)

Although, wasn't Corruption unusually successful for a Metroid game over there?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:3 oh, this is gonna be awesome....i cant wait...the wait comes to an end....!

P2A571_0D469736E2A2A_002.gif

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Keep it cool, guys. Odds are, it won't be Ridley we get. Just think of it as an awesome bonus if we do.

Keep your expectations relatively low. I love you guys too much to watch your hearts all explode.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Keep it cool, guys. Odds are, it won't be Ridley we get. Just think of it as an awesome bonus if we do.

Keep your expectations relatively low. I love you guys too much to watch your hearts all explode.
I've wagered my life savings on Ridley's reveal within the next hour. Deal with it, brah. :shades:

Top Bottom