• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
That was a huge fricken tease with Ridley
I am so doneion rings right now

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To quothe Magnteo

" The dream, is DEAD."

See you bros next smash, I'll be maining Greninja

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That was certainly disappointing - I had been hoping that Ridley would be playable, and the newcomer didn't really make up for that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I-I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry guys...I just don't understand...

Maybe there's hope? Maybe not? At the very least, the shadow looked small...oh, who am I kidding.

Let's just try to stay civil.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The one thing that's suspicious is if Ridleys deconfirmed why was that the only 1 and quick footage of him and why diden't he show him off so if he was a hazard woulden't he ben shown by now

Ok the only thing that will comence me he's deconfirmed is if his whole body is shown on the smash picture and now newcomer box pops up down there

Last edited:

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
We had a great run guys, but lets stay positive we will not get Ridley but the game looks great.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't know what to think. I could totally see Sakurai going "Lol, you guys thought that was Ridley?" and showing it was actually Meta Ridley or some crap like that. But I'm not sure if that's denial or not.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I told you guys. I saw this coming months ago.

If Ridley fans had an practicality to themselves, we would focus our efforts onto Project M now instead of trying to further swim up the river of Da Nial.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I don't know what to think. I could totally see Sakurai going "Lol, you guys thought that was Ridley?" and showing it was actually Meta Ridley or some crap like that. But I'm not sure if that's denial or not.
I generally want to be optimistic about this. However, I doubt it. Maybe. If it happens, great. I'd give it like a 5% chance at this point.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
****ing Christ you actually brought the site down for twenty minutes

Looks like Ridley's fanbase is too big for Smashboards

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
while nintendo is trying to save the wii u, sakurai just laughs about all this

no seriously, nothing is lost yet. it isn't over yet. rather it's the beginning of the end; we will know the entire roster this summer
this was a tease, if he was a boss hazard he would have shown. just like the messed for a second with zero suit samus

if not this direct gave me more hope. sakurai knows fan want him, but he wants to play a game first

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I guess nothing was technically confirmed...
It's a logical assumption that Ridley is deconfirmed.
But nothing was technically confirmed, nor deconfirmed.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
If this were a straight deconfirmation, Sakurai would've just shown us Ridley straight up.

Instead, it's just a shadow. Might belong to Ridley, might belong to someone else.

Somehow Sakurai knows Ridley is a hot topic. He's just gonna tease us more.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I've been away checking the video as at first I thought it was Meta-Ridley's shadow, but alas, no, the spikes point the wrong way. The tail swings into shot a few times too and you can see it's boney and not metallic. It still seems fishy to me (and could be an alphoso trick), but pictures speak louder.

I'm so sorry for you guys, but to be fair it looks like Project M is going to stay super important given some of the decisions made, so go speak to those guys for Ridley in Smash.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I...I am so confused how to feel right now. I don't know whether to love all that was shown, hate all that's been given but...I can understand the Ridley situation...I CAN UNDERSTAND RIDLEY'S SITUATION...BUT! BUT!! YOU DO NOT MESS WITH US MEWTWO FANS HERE!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As much as I want to be sad, and accept Ridley is a boss now..

Sakurai trolled us like 5 times that video....

and we don't have a solid deconfirmation yet...

just sayin...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm so sorry, guys. Chrono is right, focus your efforts on Project M now, which is being headed by people who seem to actually care about what characters the fans want. Also, hope that the next Smash title is being headed by someone else who's not a TooBigot.

People are already analyzing the shadow over on GameFAQs talking about how it looks like it could be an idle animation, but I'm not swimming up that river at all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm sorry guys. I wanted him alongside you guys. "Please Understand"...

But...listen. Ridley is a great character and I think he should have been playable...but don't think he's going to be playable in a different form. That wouldn't make much sense guys. Don't lie to yourselves. Face the facts.

Don't let the anti-Ridley groups bring you down. You supported a character you guys really liked. That's what Smash Bros is all about. Hope for the best with Ridley as a boss, that he will not be Dyna Blade 2.0, but instead his own character.

Really guys, I know it's difficult, and I don't expect happy replies back to me. But there is so much to look forward to with these games. We get to play it this Summer!

I'm still looking forward to it. Don't let one character bring you down.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't know if I'd call it quits just yet. Why just the shadow? Why not mention Ridley by name?

Something's still up guys, let's not jump to conclusions.

There is more then one Ridley after all.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Here's the thing, HE KNOWS.

Like, that stupid Palutena trophy stunt messed with my brain SO MUCH. If he did that, who's to say he only showed the shadow just to mess with people?

This guy is too much to predict.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Welp. I don't know if he's disconfirmed or not. I hope we can still play as Ridley though. Eh, I'm going to wait and see on this one.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Smash is like a continuous version Old Yeller for us Ridley fans. We have fun with the games. They have a good life. Then a new game is announced and the happiness builds. But before we get to that truly happy ending, Sakurai takes us out back.

My emoness is at an all time high.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
RIP Ridley. Sorry guys.

Like others have said, don't hurt yourselves further by rationalizing that Ridley will be playable in other forms. He is a boss battle.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
This seems... very suspicious.

What kind of message do you think he was going for with that?

I mean, if he was disconfirmed as character, he would've said it straight away, like the rest of the assists.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm pretty sure that was a disconfirm....... I'm sorry guys

I just changed my signature last night, for a double let down the next day :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We should focus on Project M. I said this months ago, and I will say it again: Ridley is a stage hazard in Smash 4. On Project M at least, our outcries at least have the possibility of being heard.

Shroob

Sup?
I give sympathy to all who supported him. I myself was a supporter myself, but to nowhere near the level of hype that you all had. My humblest apologies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm so sorry for Ridley supporters right now. I've honestly thought he could have made a great character in the game, but knowing Sakurai, still felt like he was going to remain a boss. And then Sakurai goes and does this? Had he just shown Ridley, it would have been a less painful blow. But instead he teased a shadow.

I guess we have to look at it from an outside standpoint. The direct was aimed at people who don't post or follow Smashboards, so for them, seeing the shadow of Ridley is kind of a nice surprise, but to fans like you guys and people who were hyped about him as a potential character, it's a kick in the nuts, and feels 100% like a trolling move.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
This seems... very suspicious.

What kind of message do you think he was going for with that?

I mean, if he was disconfirmed as character, he would've said it straight away, like the rest of the assists.
Sakurai pretty much did say straight away. He just likes to tease when it comes to Ridley because it's Sakurai and he's aware of Ridley's contentious status within the fanbase.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
We should focus on Project M. I said this months ago, and I will say it again: Ridley is a stage hazard in Smash 4. On Project M at least, our outcries at least have the possibility of being heard.
I think most of us heard you the first time.

what's happening here is human nature.

Top Bottom