• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Is Ridley in yet?
No? Damn why won't that space Animal Cross in yet

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know, right?

Ridley should be with Samus, they're soulmates bound together by the string of fate. To pair them up with anyone else is a travesty!
After watching Dubspace Emissary, I agree with you. She's the only woman he's truly horny for. :troll:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
hello there, Ridley Supporters (technically, I'm one too.. but it's the first time that I post here, lolz)... I'm here to ask if I can use this size comparision in ... another thing I'm needing;

Won't necessarily related to Ridley at all, but will be good to have him in the pic. =P ...I just need the name of user who has done this (I can't find the original post), for give the necessary credit. (of course, in the case if I'm allowed to use).

Thanks.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
hello there, Ridley Supporters (technically, I'm one too.. but it's the first time that I post here, lolz)... I'm here to ask if I can use this size comparision in ... another thing I'm needing;

Won't necessarily related to Ridley at all, but will be good to have him in the pic. =P ...I just need the name of user who has done this (I can't find the original post), for give the necessary credit. (of course, in the case if I'm allowed to use).

Thanks.
It was @ Angelglory Angelglory

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
  • I just want Ridley confirmed because there this facebook group that thinks Ridley can't be playable cause he's too big and scary!? Lmao here's the link to it
https://www.facebook.com/groups/537957986299492/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm literally the only Ridley supporter there. To me Ridley is a shoe in. All the hints point to him being playable this time. They call me delusional and crazy but guess who's gonna have the last laugh when Ridley is confirmed! :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
  • I just want Ridley confirmed because there this facebook group that thinks Ridley can't be playable cause he's too big and scary!? Lmao here's the link to it
https://www.facebook.com/groups/537957986299492/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm literally the only Ridley supporter there. To me Ridley is a shoe in. All the hints point to him being playable this time. They call me delusional and crazy but guess who's gonna have the last laugh when Ridley is confirmed! :)
Lawl, Ridley's too scary now? Then I wonder how then hell Snake and Ganondorf got into Smash.

By the way, does anybody think that we're going to get another Metroid stage upon Ridley's reveal? We happened to get Rainbow Road in Rosalina's trailer, and also that the Boxing Ring was confirmed to be in the 3DS version as well. I'm hoping that the 3DS Metroid stage will be something from either Metroid II or Metroid Fusion (preferably Fusion).

majora_787

Smash Hero
With any luck it will not be Fusion-related. Maybe Zero Mission or Prime Hunters. My money's on something from Prime Hunters. Off the top of my head, possible locations for a stage would include the Alinos Gateway and the part of the Defense Outpost where you fight Sylux. Presumably with the Delano 7 as a stage hazard or something. I'd say the Oubliette but I really doubt that would happen.

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Metroid II was the first VC game I downloaded on my 3DS, the only other one being Gargoyle's Quest, so somehow an SR388 stage seems appropriate.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think i can somehow understand why they say that Ridley is scary....clearly they were looking at this thing

30385_358366557578253_897544618_n.jpg

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
This. Despite my respect for Sakurai as a talented game developer (and the fact that I try to go easy on him because of his health issues), after Brawl and his various interviews my opinion of him is not very high at all (In fact, he's kind of arch-nemesis to me in terms of very differing views on game philosophy). So for Sakurai to not even at least have the decency to disconfirm Ridley the minute Pyrosphere came up? Yeah, that would be a very low blow. This is why I'm keeping very pessimistic outlook on the game as a whole: I don't want my expectations shattered like last time :(
mm... agreed. My hype levels are exceptionally~ low for SSB4. With the poor dude's arm problems, I'm thinking Sakurai intends to go out with a bang by including some of the most supported & long overdue chars. Newcomers from entirely new series' is cool and all, but deep down I rejoice when we have additions to the existing franchises in the game like Mario and Pokemon.

His feet are HUGE! Now I can see where the toobigots are coming from! :troll:
Well, the "ot" in "toobigot" does stand for "foot".
:awesome:

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
I think Metroid II was the first VC game I downloaded on my 3DS, the only other one being Gargoyle's Quest, so somehow an SR388 stage seems appropriate.
How is it? I've been meaning to download Metroid II, but the thing that turns me off about it is how zoomed up it is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How is it? I've been meaning to download Metroid II, but the thing that turns me off about it is how zoomed up it is.
Metroid 2 is okay for a GB game. It's incredibly non-linear, as in you're incredibly rarely given a clue as to where you have to go, and with many of the rooms looking somewhat alike (especially in black and white) it becomes confusing. It's not much unlike the first Metroid game in that manner. Otherwise there's not much to it other than killing the different Metroids you meet around and get upgrades to handle the bigger Metroids, sometimes you'll meet an Arachnus but that's quite rare. It's not bad imo, I like it partly because of how non-linear and direction-less it is, but it's not one of the greats either.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Metroid 2 is okay for a GB game. It's incredibly non-linear, as in you're incredibly rarely given a clue as to where you have to go, and with many of the rooms looking somewhat alike (especially in black and white) it becomes confusing. It's not much unlike the first Metroid game in that manner. Otherwise there's not much to it other than killing the different Metroids you meet around and get upgrades to handle the bigger Metroids, sometimes you'll meet an Arachnus but that's quite rare. It's not bad imo, I like it partly because of how non-linear and direction-less it is, but it's not one of the greats either.
A remake really needs to happen. All the navigational problems would go away, and we'd be left with a masterpiece.

...I'm almost tempted to suggest we all go breathe some life into Metroid Database. Almost.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Metroid II was the only game that I dropped after playing 5 minutes of it. I just couldn't...I really gave it a try, seeing as I had completed the NES Metroid. But, yeah, it could REALLY use a remake, à la ZM.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Question.

If the Pyrosphere is revealed to have a fire stage hazard, would that mean he's all but confirmed?

With the hint towards him, if he isn't the stage hazard, I feel like he's no doubt in the game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Question.

If the Pyrosphere is revealed to have a fire stage hazard, would that mean he's all but confirmed?

With the hint towards him, if he isn't the stage hazard, I feel like he's no doubt in the game.
Well he could technically be an assist trophy or possibly a boss, but yeah.

And let's be honest, if he's confirmed to not be a stage hazard, people still somehow think the phantom is an assist trophy. Ridley will be a confirmed stage hazard until he's confirmed not to be, and confirmed assist trophy from then until he is confirmed playable.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm actually getting the vibe that bosses won't be a thing besides the hands. I don't see the point to them at this point.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Question.

If Pyrosphere is revealed/confirmed to have any hazard that isn't Ridley (or none at all), I'd say we can pretty much bank on Ridley being announced shortly after.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I thought having bosses from different games be bosses in Adventure Mode would be cool, especially if they went for the "branching paths" idea, allowing different bosses to be fought on different paths.

With Mother Brain being an Assist, though, I think that kinda conflicts with that idea. Sakurai isn't going to give us another Ridley boss, even if he isn't playable.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The Queen Metroid could easily be made into the next Metroid boss. It's significant to the franchise because it's the most powerful form of the antagonist species, and it shares a history with both Samus and Ridley. The Metroids themselves could also be made into common enemies in the game's adventure mode.

Question.

After more than half a year of pics of footage of the Pyrosphere, with absolutely no hint of any hazard in sight or description, I can safely say that there most likely won't be a stage hazard.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm actually getting the vibe that bosses won't be a thing besides the hands. I don't see the point to them at this point.
My only worry is, I feel like Sakurai is trying to include a bunch of extra characters as stage hazards this time around. That megaman one, those grannies on the 3ds zelda stage... I feel like he would be satisfied doing that to ridley and it scares me :/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My only worry is, I feel like Sakurai is trying to include a bunch of extra characters as stage hazards this time around. That megaman one, those grannies on the 3ds zelda stage... I feel like he would be satisfied doing that to ridley and it scares me :/
My argument to that, is that those characters have no support or warrant to be playable in the first place. It's apples and oranges compared to Ridley, who is a top character in popularity, is important to Metroid, easily unique...that's what Sakurai is looking for. So I don't know that he would resort to putting Riddles somewhere else.

Though quite frankly, if Ridley is a hazard or something, I would concede as a Ridley fan, that he probably isn't as conceptually sound as we believe he is. Though I still think that's a load of garbage.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Pyrosphere is revealed/confirmed to have any hazard that isn't Ridley (or none at all), I'd say we can pretty much bank on Ridley being announced shortly after.
So essentially, it's a looooong wait?:p

Anyways, personally speaking guys, if Ridley is in, I wouldn't expect him to be revealed in April, personally.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm expecting Chrom or someone people are actually predicting a lot. Or maybe Chibi Robo to weird everyone out a bit more. Probably nothing hype-inducing or massively surprising like K. Rool Medusa or The Ridley.

Best case scenario he might show up for E3 though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My argument to that, is that those characters have no support or warrant to be playable in the first place. It's apples and oranges compared to Ridley, who is a top character in popularity, is important to Metroid, easily unique...that's what Sakurai is looking for. So I don't know that he would resort to putting Riddles somewhere else.

Though quite frankly, if Ridley is a hazard or something, I would concede as a Ridley fan, that he probably isn't as conceptually sound as we believe he is. Though I still think that's a load of garbage.

I wouldn't agree with that. If he were a stage hazard, my line of thought would be Sakurai, wanting to include as many characters as possible, had to compromise in a lot of areas. Some characters become assist trophies. Some happen to fit as stage hazards. I'm not going to lie, Ridley would make an awesome stage hazard. I'd rather he were playable, of course, but if Sakurai saw that as a compromise to increase the roster in a different direction, well, then, sucks for us :/

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whenever TooBigots take the "What about playable Kraid? What about playable Metroid Queen? What about playable Insert Unimportant Metroid Boss Here? They're exactly the same as Ridley!" approach, my reaction is similar to Bill Nye's from that one debate a while back, while the reaction they want is clearly that of Ken Ham.

TooBigots & Their Desired Response (Ken Ham): These characters could never work and nothing could change my mind.
Others & I (Bill Nye): Show me evidence that they could work and I'll change my mind immediately.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't agree with that. If he were a stage hazard, my line of thought would be Sakurai, wanting to include as many characters as possible, had to compromise in a lot of areas. Some characters become assist trophies. Some happen to fit as stage hazards. I'm not going to lie, Ridley would make an awesome stage hazard. I'd rather he were playable, of course, but if Sakurai saw that as a compromise to increase the roster in a different direction, well, then, sucks for us :/
People have been howling for Ridley to be part of the Smash roster for 15 years now. If all this teasing led us to finding out that he's a stage element not unlike the one in Dead or Alive: Dimensions, then I'm seriously going to question Sakurai's competency.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Whenever TooBigots take the "What about playable Kraid? What about playable Metroid Queen? What about playable Insert Unimportant Metroid Boss Here? They're exactly the same as Ridley!" approach, my reaction is similar to Bill Nye's from that one debate a while back, while the reaction they want is clearly that of Ken Ham.

TooBigots & Their Desired Response (Ken Ham): These characters could never work and nothing could change my mind.
Others & I (Bill Nye): Show me evidence that they could work and I'll change my mind immediately.
This. I hate toobigots! The most ignorant bunch in the smash community.

Even worse when they say crap like "let's have playable, Kraid, Mother Brain, Rayquaza, Porky Mech, Giant characters while were at it". I respond by saying those listed are not major antagonists that are always recurring throughout thier respective series. And for porkys case mother is already fine with 2 reps 3 would be overkill.

And when I provide that sakurai himself recently said Ridley can be resized they usually say

"Well Ridley is canically giant in smash already. Sakurai established his size as a boss and he's staying a boss! Or he's too scary for smash". Biggest load of wtf stupidity I've ever heard in my life.

Saying smash is following canon and making Ridley big if that's the case why isn't olimar the size of a quarter? Or Kirby 8 inches tall? Or bowser being so tiny? Bowser is usually triple the size of Mario? When I bring them proof to shut them up they end up retaliating by saying "hes a boss and will be forever. Metroid doesn't need more reps!"

Uhh idiots will be desperate enough to pull things out of thier *** to never be proven wrong. These are the type of people who are too hard headed to understand Ridley has a chance. And most of he time these type of people have never picked up a metroid game and go by only smash bros smh

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This I hate toobigots! The most ignorant bunch in the smash community.

Even worse when they say crap like "let's have playable, Kraid, Mother Brain, Rayquaza, Porky Mech, Giant characters while were at it". I respond by saying those listed are not major antagonists that are always recurring throughout thier respective series. And for porkys case mother is already fine with 2 reps 3 would be overkill.
They're not important as characters (aside from Porky) and very few people want any of them, but I don't think people should argue that approach if that talking point comes up. If those characters did suddenly get starring roles or a flood of new support, they could still work! Anything could work, given enough effort and creativity! And I'd be happy to see some cool new approach that allowed canonically giant characters to join the fray; I'm not balling up and sobbing that those characters are "ruined" or whatever, because who cares? It's just faux-outrage at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
They're not important as characters (aside from Porky) and very few people want any of them, but I don't think people should argue that approach if that talking point comes up. If those characters did suddenly get starring roles or a flood of new support, they could still work! Anything could work, given enough effort and creativity! And I'd be happy to see some cool new approach that allowed canonically giant characters to join the fray; I'm not balling up and sobbing that those characters are "ruined" or whatever, because who cares? It's just faux-outrage at the end of the day.
I agree like you said if they somehow got big roles later then ya I would support them. I mean other fighting games turned collasal galaxy sized characters into small characters (ex. Shuma gorath, sentinel).

But when people say Ridley is too big that's when you know who the ignorant people in the smash community are.

Top Bottom