• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Lol I had trouble finding this thread on my "watched threads" list. Dat title change.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Changing the subject, I'm looking forward to playing as Ridley on the Pilotwings stage for Wii U. It's beautiful to look at, and the stage itself seems like it's just perfect for aerialist characters.

What other stages are you looking forward to if we can play as Ridley?
Temple (melee) & Brinstar (Melee) if they return..hopefully.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh yeah almost forgot
Is Ridley in yer?
No? Look like he's Punched-Out early today, I'll check back tomorrow.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Who else thinks that they are going to put up another character tomorrow, because they have been doing 2 a month and next week we are more than likely going to get Yoshi back.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Who else thinks that they are going to put up another character tomorrow, because they have been doing 2 a month and next week we are more than likely going to get Yoshi back.
They're gonna show another character tomorrow
Th...they're gonna show another character tomorrow
They WILL show another character tomorrow

And repeat.

But yeah I don't see what's so special about tomorrow for a character to be revealed.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
They're gonna show another character tomorrow
Th...they're gonna show another character tomorrow
They WILL show another character tomorrow

And repeat.

But yeah I don't see what's so special about tomorrow for a character to be revealed.
Well its not that tomorrow is special in anyway it is just that they usually show characters on Fridays, and next week I'm am nearly certain they will announce Yoshi, and the only other day they would do it on is two Fridays from now.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Is Yoshi somehow important to Ridley now?
Uh...Both Reptiles...
Uhhh... Ridley with a Yoshi Costume?
Yoshi with a Ridley costume?

Yeah they aren't even remotely relevant to each other.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
We are on page 444.
4+4+4 = 12
12 is a big number.
RIdley confirmed.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Changing the subject, I'm looking forward to playing as Ridley on the Pilotwings stage for Wii U. It's beautiful to look at, and the stage itself seems like it's just perfect for aerialist characters.

What other stages are you looking forward to if we can play as Ridley?
Battlefield, bcuz Battlefield.

And Smashville too.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We are on page 444.
4+4+4 = 12
12 is a big number.
RIdley confirmed.
More like having three of the same number in a row is a notably rare occasion; in the history of this thread it's only happened four times. I guess you could consider it a lucky number.

Or, you might take notice that his thread has more pages than pretty much ANY other character support thread; we're the biggest. Interpret that as you will.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
If ridley ends up not in the game, and they never tell us that he is not til we have it. How mad would you be after all the speculation.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
If ridley ends up not in the game, and they never tell us that he is not til we have it. How mad would you be after all the speculation.
Feel exteme disapointment.
I'd try to avoid raging all over the internet. What scares me is that I've been pretty sad for the past 8 months or so, and that would just make me depressed. Smash Bros. isn't often. :(

majora_787

Smash Hero
Just giving you a hard time since Prime 2 is probably still my favorite Metroid :). Despite the Beam Ammo shenanigans, had my favorite dungeon layouts, best atmosphere, best bosses, best Space Pirates, and the game actually challenged me. Prime 3 is probably my least favorite. A lot of my problems with Fusion seemed to have cropped up in that game.

It would be really cool if we had a Metroid thread. So that I can ***** about Other M's horrible and asinine marketing all day every day.
My beef with Prime 2 is just I feel the dark world took away a little from the world a little bit, but not too much. Also NO RIDLEY. D:

But anyway yeah I'll be pretty disappointed too if Ridley is just deflected out of Smash Bros. for no good reason for a third time in a row.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
If that happened....i wish i could slap Sakurai REALLY hard across the face with a white glove.....or worse....

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I would get really, really mad over the fact that despite having Namco-Bandai behind Sakurai's back, and the apparent "importance" of Metroid in Nintendo's eyes, that they couldn't bother to give Metroid a second rep (I'll never consider ZSS the second rep) again! And then I would just move on to Project M in case if they have Ridley.

But hopefully that shouldn't be the case, because that would be really stupid on Nintendo's part. Ridley's bound to be revealed as a newcomer sooner or later, and I'm banking on April to be the occasion.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Feel exteme disapointment.
I'd try to avoid raging all over the internet. What scares me is that I've been pretty sad for the past 8 months or so, and that would just make me depressed. Smash Bros. isn't often. :(
I would be upset quite abit...but if Mewtwo doesnt return either! lets just say....i cant be held responsibilty for my actions.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
If we find out Ridley isn't in the game only after the game is released.... I just can't comprehend the rage. I actually have a gif saved for such an occasion that can perfectly exemplify my anger. It may or may not get me banned.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pissed off. It would be a f***up on Sakurai's end not to include him from the start, but to knowingly generate cheap hype by playing up the potential appearance of a character he's well-aware people want, then not delivering, that would cancel out quite a bit of whatever goodwill I have left for the guy.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Pissed off. It would be a f***up on Sakurai's end not to include him from the start, but to knowingly generate cheap hype by playing up the potential appearance of a character he's well-aware people want, then not delivering, that would cancel out quite a bit of whatever goodwill I have left for the guy.
Pretty much this. If Sakurai wasn't dropping hints left and right about him like he has been doing, then I wouldn't be totally furious. But as things stand now, it would be a completely **** move if Sakurai STILL didn't have Ridley playable after all the fake hype.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Since there are so many artists here, you might want to check out my newest thread. It's called Project: Thank You Sakurai! Basically, we're making a card for Sakurai, and we want to include a bunch of characters from Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, and Kirby for him. Unfortunately, Ridley is ineligible, but Samus is far from it. Please check it out and see what you think, even if you're not an artist.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Since there are so many artists here, you might want to check out my newest thread. It's called Project: Thank You Sakurai! Basically, we're making a card for Sakurai, and we want to include a bunch of characters from Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, and Kirby for him. Unfortunately, Ridley is ineligible, but Samus is far from it. Please check it out and see what you think, even if you're not an artist.
You don't have to beat around the bush, we all know we can't put Ridley on the card because there's no way he'd fit.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You don't have to beat around the bush, we all know we can't put Ridley on the card because there's no way he'd fit.
rofl It's actually because he's not confirmed yet. No way would Sakurai acknowledge a thank you card with newcomers on it.
we can wait.
When he's confirmed, he will be eligible, so that would be alright!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't see why he'd be more or less likely to acknowledge a fan card that features yet-to-be confirmed characters, and think that the card is already in violation of its own little rule by adding in non-playable Kirby and Kid Icarus characters. What's more, it may in fact be beneficial to stick in a few big name newcomer candidates alongside the veterans, showing off how well they fit in with the current cast (though there should definitely be more veterans). But that's your call to make.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I had always wanted to make something like that. Not that it'll sway any TooBigots one way or the other, but at least it could help outside observers see where we're coming from.

Top Bottom