• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
You're the first person that I've seen who actually holds that kind of sentiment, regarding Ridley himself. Most people that I've come across who hate Ridley never stop to proclaim that "He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell so you better go do something productive with your lives", or "are you seriously supporting someone who's all about size are you stupid". I'm not sure what this means about the general consensus about Ridley outside of the fandom, but I'm actually taking some solace in that he isn't being written off entirely.

But still, "hoping that some popular character doesn't make it"? How would you feel if your most wanted character was dismissed just like that?
I understand how Ridley supporters must feel by the statement. I'm just giving my honest opinion in the appropriate thread. And yes, I am growing more and more sure that Ridley will appear in SSB 4. I mean, he is one of the most asked for characters, alongside mewtwo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm glad you understand how that behavior might cause problems. Also, glad you weren't eaten alive. :D

but he is also flying.
I would like to focus on one thing though.

You know Ridley can and has walked just fine right?

Also that bulldog in the sig. :D

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Best thing would be if he got a special animation/walking speed like DK for picking up heavy items. I pictured him hovering above it and holding it with his talons, ala the Baby Metroid capsule.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
You are not alone here.
you know, i never would thought it would be this fun again to speculate about something with people who would want the same thing
some of my friends who are also in smash bros support ridley too, and the ones who don't are not against him, but simply just don't care and not complete ***** about it.

that's something i just can't get. i'm personally against sonic getting a second character. but if it would happen, i would not like it. but i would not bash on the people who are happy or wanted it in the first place.

personally i find the whole ridley supporters vs the ''toobiggots'' something i'm not interested in, but it might be because i have yet to encounter someone who calls me a complete jackass for wanting ridley playable. most people i've encountered were like '' alright, good luck with that''.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I've been lurking the Ridley thread for a while now. Seeing as how he's one of the most requested characters, I'm always interested in how his fandom's doing. I'm personally positive toward the character, but I gotta say that SerPete was kinda getting hosed in this thread. I think most of you guys are overacting to his dissenting opinion. Unlike most anti-Ridley people, his opinion was expressed politely and reasonably. So what if he doesn't like the character? His dislike is just as valid as anyone else's approval. This is coming from a Toad supporter, who has seen some of the most unrelenting bashing. If he thinks that a murderous purple dragon would detract from his enjoyment of the game, then why can't he express that politely without being accused of ruining Christmas?

EDIT: I see conversation has moved away from all that now, but my comment still stands. Can't we all be friends?

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I just am glad that there are other people that share the same idea that Ridley should be in, because most of the people that I know are toobiggots which bothers me because they don't even give Ridley a thought as it comes to the game.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I've been lurking the Ridley thread for a while now. Seeing as how he's one of the most requested characters, I'm always interested in how his fandom's doing. I'm personally positive toward the character, but I gotta say that SerPete was kinda getting hosed in this thread. I think most of you guys are overacting to his dissenting opinion. Unlike most anti-Ridley people, his opinion was expressed politely and reasonably. So what if he doesn't like the character? His dislike is just as valid as anyone else's approval. This is coming from a Toad supporter, who has seen some of the most unrelenting bashing. If he thinks that a murderous purple dragon would detract from his enjoyment of the game, then why can't he express that politely without being accused of ruining Christmas?

EDIT: I see conversation has moved away from all that now, but my comment still stands. Can't we all be friends?
A TOAD fan eh? You came to the wrong neighborhood.

Just kidding

But seriously I hate Toad

Thanks for posting that valid sentiment though.

Toad sucks.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Still waiting for the chaos that is going to happen the day where the Pyrosphere is confirmed to be a neutral stage =D
Chaos? I imagine we'll all be fairly content with that result. Except for people that don't want Ridley in Smash.
**** those guys.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Chaos? I imagine we'll all be fairly content with that result. Except for people that don't want Ridley in Smash.
**** those guys.
I wasn't talking about us but about our good old Too bigots and their reaction to one of their arguments against Ridley being gone ^^

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I wasn't talking about us but about our good old Too bigots and their reaction to one of their arguments against Ridley being gone ^^
As great as that would be, I just don't see Sakurai posting a picture saying "nothing is going to fly around and attack you and the lava levels remain the same".

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
As great as that would be, I just don't see Sakurai posting a picture saying "nothing is going to fly around and attack you and the lava levels remain the same".
Then they would say Ridley is a stage hazard that walks around the stage.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Then they would say Ridley is a stage hazard that walks around the stage.
He's a stage hazard that is manipulated using buttons on the controller of a player who is not playing as a character who isn't Ridley. He also is capable of appearing on a stage as few as zero times and as many as four times.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Is Ridley in yet?
No? I'll hammer down and wait around awhile then.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If he gets confirmed, I'm definitely making an art gallery thread. Too many people too talented for their own good.
Here Here!

We should be like, close friends, or something.
Always glad to meet like-minded individuals

I would friend you but I'm too lazy to try to figure out the new site controls

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
My unlikely prediction: Ridley will be revealed on March 22nd.

But, no, seriously, after being passed over for two games it's about time Ridley was playable.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Seeing all of the people with Ridley drawings made me want to try one, I have never been that good at it but I just wanted to try. What do you guys think?
upload_2014-3-5_15-3-50.png

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I'm glad you understand how that behavior might cause problems. Also, glad you weren't eaten alive. :D

I would like to focus on one thing though.

You know Ridley can and has walked just fine right?

Also that bulldog in the sig. :D
Can he? I didn't know, but thanks! Now I'm trying to imagine this...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
He walks in the Prime games and Other M.

Like this.
Oh **** that looks pretty threatening, but I still don't want Ridley the Duck Pirate from Other M. I'd say grab the best from both designs (The face from the Super Metroid Ridley being a must). I also prefer his tail spike being fleshy.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Because a lot of people, me included, have been posting a lot of fan art for Ridley lately.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
.__. I think that the reason that this became an art thread....was all my fault....since i think im the one that started to post drawings of him constantly....

Top Bottom