• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
.__. I think that the reason that this became an art thread....was all my fault....since i think im the one that started to post drawings of him constantly....
Lol I believe so but at least they're good.
Anyway I was thinking that what if every character gets a stage. I know it's unlikely but what would Ridleys be?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Those are fighting words, good sir. Better trend lightly.

jk I won't bite :3

This pretty much sums up a undeniable fact: if Ridley can't get in, then no one from Metroid can. Period.
Well someone can but they shouldnt.....

Is Ridley in yet?
No? I'll hammer down and wait around awhile then.
Try Saturday i see him go past the grocery store sometimes on the weekends i will get him to drop you a text.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Lol oh ya but I see them doing a more classic ridley area maybe on zebes.
Norfair seems still the best option...for Meta, maybe the Artifact Temple? and for Omega, the proving grounds of the Pirate Homeworld....it is just me....i don't know what im saying....

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oi oi, it looks like somebody that wasn't me changed the title. I feel a little violated. Is it someone looking down on me? Telling me they're Stronger? N-not that I would like that or anything... I'm just a little... flustered... So Surprised by the Sudden Switch in titles. Probably a mod... flexing their power over me... just a lowly little NORMAL USER... not even premium... Yeah... putting me in my place... I deserve whatever they decide to do with me... and I even use adblock... so naughty... oh~ p~please don't punish me~! I'm just a helpless little maid~! Nngh~!

AndreaAC

Oi oi, it looks like somebody that wasn't me changed the title. I feel a little violated. Is it someone looking down on me? Telling me they're Stronger? N-not that I would like that or anything... I'm just a little... flustered... So Surprised by the Sudden Switch in titles. Probably a mod... flexing their power over me... just a lowly little NORMAL USER... not even premium... Yeah... putting me in my place... I deserve whatever they decide to do with me... and I even use adblock... so naughty... oh~ p~please don't punish me~! I'm just a helpless little maid~! Nngh~!
:( Im sorry, it was my fault that your Ridley thread turned into an art thread...i posted a lot of drawings of him since i joined the thread....i do not know who changed the name....

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Aahh! Stay back! You mustn't approach me like that when I am in this most powerful State! No, weaklings such as yourself, they surely couldn't handle me like this!

AndreaAC

uh....OK? I will take a couple of steps back....

S2A571_0D5103617790C_000.gif

"But she won't stop posting drawings of me, because she loves me...."

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
:( Im sorry, it was my fault that your Ridley thread turned into an art thread...i posted a lot of drawings of him since i joined the thread....i do not know who changed the name....
You make it sound like you're doing a bad thing.

AndreaAC

You make it sound like you're doing a bad thing.
oh...maybe because i never expected that after all the drawings i posted since i joined, and that many others started to post their drawings too....they even changed the name of the thread.....i know it is not a bad thing....i guess

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
I figure we'll probably get two new Metroid stages per game, since we had two of them in Brawl. Pyrosphere is a pretty recent area, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a stage that's a bit more on the classic side as well. So far we've seen Zebes, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Norfair, and Frigate Orpheon. Something like the Ceres station or Crateria from Super Metroid might be cool. If there are two stages and Ridley is indeed an additional character, it makes sense for Pyrosphere to be his home turf with Samus getting another different stage.

I remember seeing a rumour a while ago that the 3DS version would be getting an SR388 stage...which I think would be awesome! Just a rumour though so far, but given that the 3DS version is gearing more towards the handheld games of each series, I'd hardly be surprised.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Like many others, I'm expecting a Fusion stage for the 3DS more than anything else. Hopefully, we get another beautiful, hazardless, Metroid stage for the Wii U version too.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Still hoping for a Metroid Prime 3 stage at least personally.

Anyhow, I guess this is the best I can take of it right now with the 3DS camera, BUT I HOPE AT LEAST SOME OF YOU ARE PROUD OF ME, TO HAVE COME THIS FAR!

Used a page from the Metroid manga as inspiration for drawing the pose admittedly; the head being the part I had to erase and retry on the most (made me wish even more that there was an undo button IRL), but yeah...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am REALLY hoping we don't get a Fusion stage anything.

I'm expecting a Prime Hunters stage instead, like the Alinos Gateway to keep up with Metroid's usual lava / acid stage theme. Or possibly the one space outpost where Sylux is fought with his ship as a stage hazard.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Still hoping for a Metroid Prime 3 stage at least personally.

Anyhow, I guess this is the best I can take of it right now with the 3DS camera, BUT I HOPE AT LEAST SOME OF YOU ARE PROUD OF ME, TO HAVE COME THIS FAR!

Used a page from the Metroid manga as inspiration for drawing the pose admittedly; the head being the part I had to erase and retry on the most (made me wish even more that there was an undo button IRL), but yeah...
:D OMG! YOU DID IT!!!! as your "teacher" i must say that....you made me feel really PROUD!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I don't know why you're saying this like it's a bad thing
:c i know it is not a bad thing....but, for some reason it made me feel guilty that someone changed the name without the creator of the thread knowing it...and all that was because im the one who turned it into an art thread for Ridley.....

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Wow the hype for him seems so much more than that in past games, I guess all I can say is "My body is Ridley."

Zynux

Smash Lord
@ Floor Floor While it seems that you need to do much more research, you don't seem like a bad dude at all. Glad you can at least see where we're coming from though, and was willing to even to share and discuss your controversial opinion, unlike most other Anti-Ridley people who just troll.

I've been lurking the Ridley thread for a while now. Seeing as how he's one of the most requested characters, I'm always interested in how his fandom's doing. I'm personally positive toward the character, but I gotta say that SerPete was kinda getting hosed in this thread. I think most of you guys are overacting to his dissenting opinion. Unlike most anti-Ridley people, his opinion was expressed politely and reasonably. So what if he doesn't like the character? His dislike is just as valid as anyone else's approval. This is coming from a Toad supporter, who has seen some of the most unrelenting bashing. If he thinks that a murderous purple dragon would detract from his enjoyment of the game, then why can't he express that politely without being accused of ruining Christmas?

EDIT: I see conversation has moved away from all that now, but my comment still stands. Can't we all be friends?
It's probably despite contributing to the discussion, him saying "but I still kinda hope he doesn't make it" could have rubbed people the wrong way. Personally, I had no problem with it though, since I'd be lying if I said there weren't certain characters I didn't want in due to personal bias. :laugh:

Eh? I thought Metroid Prime 2 was fine. I just don't think it lived up to Prime 1 or Prime 3 for a couple of reasons. It's still one of the best in the series.
Just giving you a hard time since Prime 2 is probably still my favorite Metroid :). Despite the Beam Ammo shenanigans, had my favorite dungeon layouts, best atmosphere, best bosses, best Space Pirates, and the game actually challenged me. Prime 3 is probably my least favorite. A lot of my problems with Fusion seemed to have cropped up in that game.

It would be really cool if we had a Metroid thread. So that I can ***** about Other M's horrible and asinine marketing all day every day.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm perfectly willing to discuss in a civil manner with people with dissenting opinions, it just works better if both sides are equally (at least reasonably) educated about the subject matter. I'd gladly help clarify things for them, but there was a bit of a mess starting off with "I don't know much about the character" so I think that caused alot of the backlash. I personally get offended when people state opinions about things they don't really understand, so I apologize if I came off as rude.

I'd be glad to talk about Ridley in a more gentlemanly manner.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm perfectly willing to discuss in a civil manner with people with dissenting opinions, it just works better if both sides are equally (at least reasonably) educated about the subject matter. I'd gladly help clarify things for them, but there was a bit of a mess starting off with "I don't know much about the character" so I think that caused alot of the backlash. I personally get offended when people state opinions about things they don't really understand, so I apologize if I came off as rude.

I'd be glad to talk about Ridley in a more gentlemanly manner.
I'd be happy to have an actual argument about this with you but I'm about to sleep at the moment. just quote this with a starting point and I'll get the notification in the morning.

:c i know it is not a bad thing....but, for some reason it made me feel guilty that someone changed the name without the creator of the thread knowing it...and all that was because im the one who turned it into an art thread for Ridley.....
It's ok we all like messing with the thread's creator. If he can't handle it he can hand me the reignS.

And you were like the second or third person to actually start posting art, you just happened to be the most enthusiastic about it/post most. I'm pretty sure if your crimes only entail worshiping Ridley too much the most they can do is put you to death.

AndreaAC

It's ok we all like messing with the thread's creator. If he can't handle it he can hand me the reignS.

And you were like the second or third person to actually start posting art, you just happened to be the most enthusiastic about it/post most. I'm pretty sure if your crimes only entail worshiping Ridley too much the most they can do is put you to death.
xD Oh....ok!.....and...put me to death??? O___o

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd be happy to have an actual argument about this with you but I'm about to sleep at the moment. just quote this with a starting point and I'll get the notification in the morning.
Well, I was more referring to SerPete from earlier, otherwise I'm not sure what you and I'd be arguing about, but I'm totally down if you have some ideas! :shades:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Eh...still rather throw you into heaven than hell...

Relax but these pics imo will make it more painful if he doesnt get it in....that meta ridley prime1 pic you done with mario was my favirote ow and the grim reaper one.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
day 4
I still can't use Miiverse .

btw
I think everyone in this thread should change their signatures with this one
when Masahiro will confirm him ;)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You knew what would happen if you left, and you still went through with it. You know you love it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wait, Little Mac was the latest newcomer, and his trailer involved Samus quite heavily (though it was more of a callback to when he was first shown in Brawl). He'll most likely be the smallest newcomer in the roster, and Sakurai made that size doesn't matter remark not too long afterwards...

Why not have the following act be the biggest playable character? It'd be perfect. :smash:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
xD Oh....ok!.....and...put me to death??? O___o
Well, come on, it's Ridley. It's a harsh regime.

Well, I was more referring to SerPete from earlier, otherwise I'm not sure what you and I'd be arguing about, but I'm totally down if you have some ideas! :shades:
I just assumed you were one of those guys who wanted to argue why Ridley wouldn't be in the game but got hella flamed because that happens sometimes. I love arguing about just about anything so I generally try to give people like that a good debate. But if you're content then so am I : )

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
What. a. trrrrrragedy.
I'm one of the few people who say Ridley can be playable on Miiverse so it's a tragedy for our space lord :(
and also I love drawing on Miiverse ...

however when I will return I will make a special collage with some of the best Ridley's arts on Miiverse ;)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Changing the subject, I'm looking forward to playing as Ridley on the Pilotwings stage for Wii U. It's beautiful to look at, and the stage itself seems like it's just perfect for aerialist characters.

What other stages are you looking forward to if we can play as Ridley?

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Changing the subject, I'm looking forward to playing as Ridley on the Pilotwings stage for Wii U. It's beautiful to look at, and the stage itself seems like it's just perfect for aerialist characters.

What other stages are you looking forward to if we can play as Ridley?
Any stages with terrible footing, because Ridley wouldn't care. Like how touching the road on Big Blue meant nothing to Sonic.

Top Bottom