• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
rofl It's actually because he's not confirmed yet. No way would Sakurai acknowledge a thank you card with newcomers on it.
I mean, you can make up reasons, but we all know he'd make the card so big it'd cost more to send the thing than to buy Nintendo and finish smash ourselves.

Don't worry, I get it.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Pissed off. It would be a f***up on Sakurai's end not to include him from the start, but to knowingly generate cheap hype by playing up the potential appearance of a character he's well-aware people want, then not delivering, that would cancel out quite a bit of whatever goodwill I have left for the guy.
This. Despite my respect for Sakurai as a talented game developer (and the fact that I try to go easy on him because of his health issues), after Brawl and his various interviews my opinion of him is not very high at all (In fact, he's kind of arch-nemesis to me in terms of very differing views on game philosophy). So for Sakurai to not even at least have the decency to disconfirm Ridley the minute Pyrosphere came up? Yeah, that would be a very low blow. This is why I'm keeping very pessimistic outlook on the game as a whole: I don't want my expectations shattered like last time :(

My beef with Prime 2 is just I feel the dark world took away a little from the world a little bit, but not too much. Also NO RIDLEY. D:
Understandable. I liked the dread of the Dark World, but I know a lot of people didn't as well. And funny how you mention Ridley, as I thought not having Ridley as a boss this time was actually kind of refreshing.

You guys may have seen this before but still I just think this is great.
Never realized how disproportionate Ridley's Zero Mission sprite was until now. His feet are HUGE! Now I can see where the toobigots are coming from! :troll:

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wear really big Socks.

(Snickers to self because I made a really funny joke about my really cute Stockings)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HOW FUNNY DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR DISGUSTING OFF SET EYES ARE HUH IS THAT YOUR GROSS BULGING EYE'S SPECIAL ABILITY TO SEE WHERE YOU CAN MAKE THE BIGGEST ASS OF YOURSELF HAHA SO FUNNY AND COOL HERE LET ME POP THE COLLAR OF YOUR RAD LEATHER JACKET FOR YOU

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
HOW FUNNY DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR DISGUSTING OFF SET EYES ARE HUH IS THAT YOUR GROSS BULGING EYE'S SPECIAL ABILITY TO SEE WHERE YOU CAN MAKE THE BIGGEST *** OF YOURSELF HAHA SO FUNNY AND COOL HERE LET ME POP THE COLLAR OF YOUR RAD LEATHER JACKET FOR YOU

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*COUGHS UP ANIME BLOOD ALL OVER YOUR ****ING FILTHY FACE BECAUSE YOU HURT ME SO MUCH AND NOT EVEN IN THE GOOD WAY*

You know it's fun not capitalizing things that refer to yourself. As a ~reminder~. Though I forget Sometimes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It has femdommy potential so I'm okay with that. I mean she's a Goddess so she's obviously more powerful than him. Could USE him for her forces of good. Which he would hate huh. Yeah man.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD I would still prefer to see Ridley and Rosalina...

SCAN0117.JPG

xD another too sketchy drawing...

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Ridley - GYAAAHAHAHAA!! Miserable sub-level filth! I am the GREAT RIDLEY!! Your efforts against me are MEANINGLESS!!!

Palutena - *giggle* Oh Ridley you have such an eloquent way with words! ^_^

Ridley - ...REALLY Palutena!? I don't see how you put up with these lower beings!

Palutena - I put up with you my friend! ^_~

Ridley - Gaahh.... You should watch yourself... e_e

Palutena - Ooh~! Shall we get into a tussle then? I'm always game you know! ^_^

Ridley - ....B-BLAST IT ALL!!!! A-Another time! I'm busy with these other weaklings! *turns away to hide blushing*

Palutena - Okay then! Take it easy on those "weaklings" for me, will ya? ^_~

Ridley - .....GAAAAAHH!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What would make me throw the controller would be if Samus is as bad as in Brawl again.
Yh.....RealTalk....and Mewtwo and Ganon same as Brawl and Melee.......that woud be un forgiveable....serious..

Pretty much this. If Sakurai wasn't dropping hints left and right about him like he has been doing, then I wouldn't be totally furious. But as things stand now, it would be a completely **** move if Sakurai STILL didn't have Ridley playable after all the fake hype.
Imo he would be classed as bad as all the fake leakers....because thats all it is....just fake excitement and hype ypur building in fans just for what?

A person like that can not get any Respect..RealTalk i would be MaD real MaD!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
The things are slow for Ridley lately.
Even the size comparisons are a bit out.
I think that Smash needs at least one ugly (with all respect), non-kawaii character. This one must be Ridley.
All the other are some kind of cartoonish. Ridley would be the realistic badass.
Falcon is like a cartoon hero, you know...

Cpt.

Smash Lord
The things are slow for Ridley lately.
Even the size comparisons are a bit out.
I think that Smash needs at least one ugly (with all respect), non-kawaii character. This one must be Ridley.
All the other are some kind of cartoonish. Ridley would be the realistic badass.
Falcon is like a cartoon hero, you know...
U think ma Rid-lay is uglee?!

Hmmm on second thought when I typed in "cute Ridley metroid" into google nothing cute really came up. I see your point...

Groose

Smash Champion
Too late, it's already happened. Why do you think Palutena is so interested in meeting up with Ridley again in this comic?

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/01/24/539-leak/
Brawl in the Family, eh? Well, the new arc that concluded today does feature Ridley. I'll send you guys the link to the first part, but note that Ridley's role doesn't start until near the end of the arc.

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/02/14/545-divide-by-hero-part-1/

I had always wanted to make something like that. Not that it'll sway any TooBigots one way or the other, but at least it could help outside observers see where we're coming from.
I'm working on something that may indeed sway them...

...but it's a project out of my comfort zone, so it may never reach completion.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm working on something that may indeed sway them...

...but it's a project out of my comfort zone, so it may never reach completion.
If you're comfort zone is an airlock, I'll be the first to vent you out and send you careening into the Deep Space of Audacity.

Get to work, soldier.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Brawl in the Family, eh? Well, the new arc that concluded today does feature Ridley. I'll send you guys the link to the first part, but note that Ridley's role doesn't start until near the end of the arc.

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/02/14/545-divide-by-hero-part-1/
As a side note, I do think that Ridley's size in this comic arc comes off as very natural. Definitely looking forward to see what Matthew can do with Ridley if he's confirmed, it's his most wanted character after all.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hasn't Ganondorf always been smaller than Bowser in Smash?
Ganondorf is the highest character in Brawl iirc. Of course he doesn't have a thing on Bowser in terms of overall size, and maybe not even in height anymore due to Bowser's new stance.

D

Deleted member

In terms of height by stance, Bowser edges out over Ganondorf with the tallest spike on his shell in Brawl.

Top Bottom