• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
A remake really needs to happen. All the navigational problems would go away, and we'd be left with a masterpiece.

...I'm almost tempted to suggest we all go breathe some life into Metroid Database. Almost.
If you didn't know there is actually a fan remake of Metroid II that uses a similar engine to Zero Mission or Fusion, I think. It's called Project: AM2R. Which stands for Another Metroid 2 Remake. The creator only has a demo that goes about 1/3 of the way into the game, but after watching a video of it I could definitely say it would be the next Zero Mission. Being another potential adaptation of a old game.

Metroid 2 is okay for a GB game. It's incredibly non-linear, as in you're incredibly rarely given a clue as to where you have to go, and with many of the rooms looking somewhat alike (especially in black and white) it becomes confusing. It's not much unlike the first Metroid game in that manner. Otherwise there's not much to it other than killing the different Metroids you meet around and get upgrades to handle the bigger Metroids, sometimes you'll meet an Arachnus but that's quite rare. It's not bad imo, I like it partly because of how non-linear and direction-less it is, but it's not one of the greats either.
As a matter of fact, I actually did beat the original Metroid. The only official Metroid I haven't touched is Metroid II. If it's anything to go by, I really didn't appreciate getting lost in Metroid, but I eventually developed a mental map of the layout. If what you say is true about Metroid II, then you potentially have the same game with similar areas, but with no color and zoomed in and aimlessly looking around for metroids. That doesn't sound appealing.
I'm expecting Chrom or someone people are actually predicting a lot. Or maybe Chibi Robo to weird everyone out a bit more. Probably nothing hype-inducing or massively surprising like K. Rool Medusa or The Ridley.

Best case scenario he might show up for E3 though.
That's what I feel about this as well. It's not entirely likely, but Ridley could show up in April. The way things are going though, it sounds like a better setup for E3.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Another rant of mine is when people post that damn stupid Shokio video acting as if that's legit proof that sakurai said Ridley is too big. Do the toobigots realize that's just a fan video and not a legit source of de confirmation? Smh

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think Metroid II was the first VC game I downloaded on my 3DS, the only other one being Gargoyle's Quest, so somehow an SR388 stage seems appropriate.
Well, there's Sector 1 in Metroid Fusion, which is a faithful replica of SR388, so it'd two birds with one stone! :awesome:

[inb4 majora_787 disagrees]

Give me a remix of SR388 Caves, or give me death!
Well, if we ever get any soundtrack from Metroid 2, it'd obviously be the only theme in the game that's tolerable, right? :troll:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Im waiting for the "Day of Fate" where i can rub in the faces of my Toobigots friends that Ridley is in....kinda funny that one of them is a Little Mac fan...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I said it, didn't I? I think I was spot on with what I declared a few weeks back...

The "Too big" argument took a blow, but it was NOT officially dead. I knew the argument would still continue to rear its ugly head. People are more likely to disregard the argument, take it less seriously, or at least treat it as opinion. But it wasn't the nail in the coffin some of you guys assumed it would be.

...Not that I'm glad it isn't dead. Because a sensible world would have slayed the argument a long time ago.... But as I suspected, the true finishing blow has to be by Ridley and Sakurai himself.

HURRY UP SAKURAI!!!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well, if we ever get any soundtrack from Metroid 2, it'd obviously be the only theme in the game that's tolerable, right? :troll:
Well "Vs. Queen Metroid" is quite a good song too, the rest are just almost non-melodic, more atmospheric tracks wich i liked.

Then yeah, Metroid is kinda bad represented music-wise, i mean, the lack of Lower Norfair and Brinstar Red bothers me so much.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well "Vs. Queen Metroid" is quite a good song too, the rest are just almost non-melodic, more atmospheric tracks wich i liked.

Then yeah, Metroid is kinda bad represented music-wise, i mean, the lack of Lower Norfair and Brinstar Red bothers me so much.
Hell, until Brawl, the only music from Metroid we ever got were from the original. And even in Brawl, there were very few tracks from the other games, usually just one or two themes for each game at most, or even none in the case of Metroid 2. Well, at least there were three tracks from Prime, but that's still very little compared to what that game can offer.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Hell, until Brawl, the only music from Metroid we ever got were from the original. And even in Brawl, there were very few tracks from the other games, usually just one or two themes for each game at most, or even none in the case of Metroid 2. Well, at least there were three tracks from Prime, but that's still very little compared to what that game can offer.
Yes, i was dissapointed because they choose Vs. Queen Parasite, over Phendrana Drifts or Magmoor Caverns.
Super Metroid has also much to offer like Brinstar Green & Red, etc.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I dunno, Metroid Metal made me like a couple other tracks of Metroid II more than I originally did too.

Dammit, make that Metroid general discussion thread already IsmaR! Or can anyone make it?

Im waiting for the "Day of Fate" where i can rub in the faces of my Toobigots friends that Ridley is in....kinda funny that one of them is a Little Mac fan...
Rubbing it in the faces of some people I would've done if he was confirmed in Brawl, but now I feel I'm kinda beyond needing to do that at this point if he's confirmed in Smash 4. Not gonna make some cheesy holier than thou argument in that doing so would make you no better than the toobigots who rub you in now, but I just feel it to be unnecessary & overkill now for some reason. I'd just be too happy celebrating that Ridley's actually in the game while our former toobigot adversaries would just be another dying thought in the back of my head (obviously, more-so talking about the people online than I am your or my friends or anything).

Still won't be surprised though if we don't get him.

Really? I look forward to the new bosses and i liked brawl bosses/smash bosses in general.

Why do most people here dont care or want bosses?
The fact we got Dyna Blade as opposed to what felt like fighting a real Ridley boss? (among other examples)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Rubbing it in the faces of some people I would've done if he was confirmed in Brawl, but now I feel I'm kinda beyond needing to do that at this point if he's confirmed in Smash 4. Not gonna make some cheesy holier than thou argument in that doing so would make you no better than the toobigots who rub you in now, but I just feel it to be unnecessary & overkill now for some reason. I'd just be too happy celebrating that Ridley's actually in the game while our former toobigot adversaries would just be another dying thought in the back of my head (obviously, more-so talking about the people online than I am your or my friends or anything).
xD yeah, i think that if Ridley gets confirmed, they all are going to feel like if something sharp has stabbed their guts, literally. :3 and i will be celebrating as well.....now that i remember, when Sonic was confirmed in Brawl, i felt that my heart stopped for a milisecond, i did not like him at first, but later in the game i found him fun to play as....

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I have a question for you ridley supporters...
When did this too big "arguments" started anyway?
I want to say after Metroid Prime. I remember guys in junior high going "that purple dragon might be a character!" and it was generally accepted. Ridley was always one of the smaller bosses in Metroid but in Metroid Prime he "appeared" very large(though he isn't really that big in Prime). Fusion and Zero Mission however made him absolutely massive. During Brawl development those games were already out and it's as if smaller Super Metroid Ridley, Melee Ridley and OG Ridley just never happened. So when people asked for Ridley, the common response was "he's too big!" Just after Melee or even before I don't remember hearing those words once.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think Metroid II was the first VC game I downloaded on my 3DS, the only other one being Gargoyle's Quest,
Though I got the Ambassador Program games for free, Metroid II was my first VC game I bought (just the other day, as a matter of fact), too.

How is it? I've been meaning to download Metroid II, but the thing that turns me off about it is how zoomed up it is.
It's actually one of my favorite games despite the technical limitations and linearity (both of which actually make it like it more since I like frustrating challenges). I won't say whether or not you'll enjoy it, as you'd have to play it for yourself to accurately judge. I will say I share a lot of the same views/mindset as you (I too developed the mental map relatively quickly), and I liked the challenge/learning curve. The way I see it, it kinda depends whether or not you have the nerves to be on that planet/traveling forever, and whether or not you want to get the experience (not that not going through this would make you any less of a Metroid fan, in my opinion anyway).

I also find it funny that it's actually cheaper than the original Metroid on the VC ($3.99 vs $5). Thankful I got that one free.

so somehow an SR388 stage seems appropriate.
Well it would be on the 3DS version since the game was on a handheld, so I don't see why not. Could also double as the classic Metroid stage.

This is all the more fitting considering I haven't posted here in a while, but this:

Pretty much agreed. I also think a medley along the lines of this would be awesome. I also liked the music for the last few areas, as it added to the atmosphere when actually playing (this theme in particular made me think "I'm waist deep in the **** now.")

Oh, and obviously want to see the Staff Credits get the same treatment as the Super Metroid one in Brawl...well, maybe a little less Christmas-y.

Dammit, make that Metroid general discussion thread already IsmaR! Or can anyone make it?
I've been busy, but I'll get to it soon now that finals are over/Spring Break is coming up.

This thread gets derailed too frequently, and I won't be looking the other way anymore once this topic gets made..So keep it Ridley and arts/craftsRidley alone. Will post the link once the Metroid thread is up.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice

If we don't get the Lower Norfair death march this time around, I would be very surprised. It's such an epic and effective track in Super Metroid...encapsulates the feeling of Lower Norfair overall while also getting you absolutely pumped for your clash with Ridley, which you KNOW is coming up at that point. It would be a shame if it still wasn't available to us. Even the version in Nintendo Land is friggin' amazing! Actually, the whole Metroid Blast soundtrack from N-Land is great overall. I have no idea what tunes we'd get from Other M, since the OST for that game is largely forgettable at best...with the only good, standout track being the rendition of 'Vs. Ridley'...so I'm certain that will appear as a track for Pyrosphere.

The Norfair stage in Brawl was sort of strange...it was lava-centric, but it's also not as epic-looking as Pyrosphere seems to be. I actually can't really picture the Lower Norfair theme being played on it, but with Pyrosphere I have no troubles. Here's hoping that Sakurai feels the same. I agree that Red Brinstar needs to be in as well...maybe for another Metroid stage with a more suitable setting for it, assuming we get one of course.

I guess if we're getting different stages between the versions...would that mean that we're also getting different musical compositions between them as well? That would be interesting...and would only further help me to justify buying both versions, haha.

Come to think of it, they're really setting this game up for Ridley's arrival. This is how I'm seeing things currently:

We had one lava stage in Brawl (Norfair) in which the music was fairly general: A really awesome remix of the old Norfair theme (which I sincerely hope makes a return), the Metroid main theme, the Metroid ending music, and the always-epic Space Warrior (as well as those two random ones from Golden sun and...I forget the other). 'Vs. Ridley' was allocated to Frigate Orpheon of all things. No mention of Lower Norfair, despite its presence in Super Metroid AND Metroid Prime which had some decent representation in Brawl.

Now, we have ANOTHER lava stage from the Metroid series, but it's one that's taken directly from a climactic point in Other M where Samus battles Ridley. 'Pyrosphere' could have been anywhere in the sector, but that particular, important setting was chosen. The main theme people associate with that room is 'Vs. Ridley', of course...so that's probably a lock for the stage's soundtrack selection. We haven't heard the Lower Norfair theme in any Smash Bros. game yet, and since the soundtrack will certainly not be all the same tracks from Brawl, it's very likely to debut in SSB4...PARTICULARLY after we had a previous lava stage in Brawl with that particular theme absent. That track is also highly associated with Ridley, almost as much as his battle theme...so both would really be no-brainers if he were playable.

We have NO evidence whatsoever of any stage hazards on Pyrosphere. No rising lava, no creature attacking the stage, and it's been shown from almost every damn angle. Heck, there's even that one shot down the long tunnel, as well as the one that looks below the edge of the platform and down into the lava, and we've seen no sign of Ridley OR altered lava height. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Pyrosphere is meant to be a straightforward stage with no hazards (unless we have the option to turn hazards off or something). It's almost like Sakurai is being like 'See guys! There's NOTHING!' Mother Brain has been shown as an Assist Trophy, which I figure significantly reduces the chances of him being included in that form as well.

...I think there's a LOT of evidence pointing towards Ridley being playable, even if some of it is a bit hypothetical. I'm not just saying this because I want him in...there are just many, many hints towards it that are hard to ignore.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's a shame you've got anti-Ridley friends; every single one of my friends is chomping at the bit to see him, and we often all talk about how stupid the Toobiggots are.

Just hoping and hoping Sakurai isn't leading us astray here. It's been too long, and the time is now!

AndreaAC

That's a shame you've got anti-Ridley friends; every single one of my friends is chomping at the bit to see him, and we often all talk about how stupid the Toobiggots are.

Just hoping and hoping Sakurai isn't leading us astray here. It's been too long, and the time is now!
:3 glad to hear that! xD and I know they are toobigots, but they are ones that do not take it so seriously.

I remember one time that we were looking for bikes, and one had "Ridley" writen on it and i said "I really like that one, specially because of the name it has on it..."

and my friend asked "What name?"

"The name of the character you ALWAYS tell me that is not going to be playable..."

"Hmmm...BATMAN?"

after he said that (joking), i just put my hand over my face....it was funny :3

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i know i said it a tone last year but i seriously mean it lol...this E3 i gonna be crazy.

Last direct we got was the best one to date imo if they give us a direct like that again show Zelda U and maybe Metroid U trailer.

Another proper big general Smash trailer followed by another developer direct with more info on modes/online and have a playable demo people will record other people playing on there phones so alotta gameplay on youtube!

AND MEWTWO !! AND RID-LEHHHHHHY!!

*ok...calm down..*
18719_the_simpsons_drunk_homer.jpg

*foaming from the mouth*

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
This is all the more fitting considering I haven't posted here in a while, but this:
Huh. After listening to this, I actually went and looked up the original to see if it is actually a remix of it. Wouldn't you know it, I was surprised to know it is.

Never knew the title theme was so good. Probably would have never known because you have to endure A WHOLE MINUTE of terrifying music before getting to the good stuff.

Also, the ending theme isn't half bad, either.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's less terrifying listening to the actual thing. These themes weren't meant to be enhanced to the point where they destroy your ears.

coughNeoRidleyXcough

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
People have been howling for Ridley to be part of the Smash roster for 15 years now. If all this teasing led us to finding out that he's a stage element not unlike the one in Dead or Alive: Dimensions, then I'm seriously going to question Sakurai's competency.
You can't frame the question of smash's roster through a lens of Metroid's importance to Nintendo's history. There are so many characters from so many fandoms, many of which with legitimate claim to the roster, and Sakurai is not a biased man. In fact, he is very modest.

You really have to step into his shoes as much as possible. Lets frame together what we know.

From brawl we know that he is actively looking for ways other than playability to represent more of Nintendo's history, because he really cares about every fan, and doesn't want them to feel left out. Since there is no Emissary, there are not going to be boss characters this time around, which limits some of his representative resources.

However, stage hazards are still a large part of the game. More people play smash causally than competitively, by a longshot. Including a character as a stage hazard, from that standpoint, is much more than any assist trophy gets. Sure, it's shy of playability, but he's trying not to kill his dev team, let alone himself, with terrible chronic pain in both of his arms now.

I feel like from his stand point, while it may be disappointing to not make as many playable characters as he wishes, this is a ridiculously large game, there is so much to balance, and some sacrifices have more silver lining than others.

So please, from the perspective of a game developer, do not question Sakurai's competency, regardless of roster inclusions. There doesn't always have to be someone to blame. I doubt he's purposefully made any inherently wrong decisions about the game's content. On top of all of that pressure, Sakurai still makes sure to squeeze in an element of unpredictability, wii fit, because that is his style. It's part of what makes smash smash.

/rant

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I have a question for you ridley supporters...
When did this too big "arguments" started anyway?
Rude of me to overlook your question, I apologize.

But basically since Ridley was scaled up in Super Metroid, and since his inclusion in Smash became popularized by Melee's intro. Why Bowser's inclusion in that same game didn't cause more of a lasting imprint on the "size doesn't matter" side of things, the world may never know.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If we don't get the Lower Norfair death march this time around, I would be very surprised. It's such an epic and effective track in Super Metroid...encapsulates the feeling of Lower Norfair overall while also getting you absolutely pumped for your clash with Ridley, which you KNOW is coming up at that point. It would be a shame if it still wasn't available to us. Even the version in Nintendo Land is friggin' amazing! Actually, the whole Metroid Blast soundtrack from N-Land is great overall. I have no idea what tunes we'd get from Other M, since the OST for that game is largely forgettable at best...with the only good, standout track being the rendition of 'Vs. Ridley'...so I'm certain that will appear as a track for Pyrosphere.

The Norfair stage in Brawl was sort of strange...it was lava-centric, but it's also not as epic-looking as Pyrosphere seems to be. I actually can't really picture the Lower Norfair theme being played on it, but with Pyrosphere I have no troubles. Here's hoping that Sakurai feels the same. I agree that Red Brinstar needs to be in as well...maybe for another Metroid stage with a more suitable setting for it, assuming we get one of course.

I guess if we're getting different stages between the versions...would that mean that we're also getting different musical compositions between them as well? That would be interesting...and would only further help me to justify buying both versions, haha.

Come to think of it, they're really setting this game up for Ridley's arrival. This is how I'm seeing things currently:

We had one lava stage in Brawl (Norfair) in which the music was fairly general: A really awesome remix of the old Norfair theme (which I sincerely hope makes a return), the Metroid main theme, the Metroid ending music, and the always-epic Space Warrior (as well as those two random ones from Golden sun and...I forget the other). 'Vs. Ridley' was allocated to Frigate Orpheon of all things. No mention of Lower Norfair, despite its presence in Super Metroid AND Metroid Prime which had some decent representation in Brawl.

Now, we have ANOTHER lava stage from the Metroid series, but it's one that's taken directly from a climactic point in Other M where Samus battles Ridley. 'Pyrosphere' could have been anywhere in the sector, but that particular, important setting was chosen. The main theme people associate with that room is 'Vs. Ridley', of course...so that's probably a lock for the stage's soundtrack selection. We haven't heard the Lower Norfair theme in any Smash Bros. game yet, and since the soundtrack will certainly not be all the same tracks from Brawl, it's very likely to debut in SSB4...PARTICULARLY after we had a previous lava stage in Brawl with that particular theme absent. That track is also highly associated with Ridley, almost as much as his battle theme...so both would really be no-brainers if he were playable.

We have NO evidence whatsoever of any stage hazards on Pyrosphere. No rising lava, no creature attacking the stage, and it's been shown from almost every damn angle. Heck, there's even that one shot down the long tunnel, as well as the one that looks below the edge of the platform and down into the lava, and we've seen no sign of Ridley OR altered lava height. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Pyrosphere is meant to be a straightforward stage with no hazards (unless we have the option to turn hazards off or something). It's almost like Sakurai is being like 'See guys! There's NOTHING!' Mother Brain has been shown as an Assist Trophy, which I figure significantly reduces the chances of him being included in that form as well.

...I think there's a LOT of evidence pointing towards Ridley being playable, even if some of it is a bit hypothetical. I'm not just saying this because I want him in...there are just many, many hints towards it that are hard to ignore.
For our sake, i don't want to enter in controversial talks, but while most of Other M's soundtrack is very forgettable, it isn't a bad soundtrack imo, not the best neither, i was kinda like Metroid 2: 10% Melodic, 90% Atmospheric.
I found some songs -aside from Vs. Ridley- in Metroid Other M that are quite good like this, the epic Ending Theme, and the Piano Theme.

But because i want more classic Metroid songs before any Other M track, i would prefer just "Vs. Ridley" and a medley from that game, just two elements from Other M musical side are enough.

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
For our sake, i don't want to enter in controversial talks, but while most of Other M's soundtrack is very forgettable, it isn't a bad soundtrack imo, not the best neither, i was kinda like Metroid 2: 10% Melodic, 90% Atmospheric.
I found some songs -aside from Vs. Ridley- in Metroid Other M that are quite good like this, the epic Ending Theme, and the Piano Theme.

But because i want more classic Metroid songs before any Other M track, i would prefer just "Vs. Ridley" and a medley from that game, just two elements from Other M musical side are enough.
Oh, no. I totally agree with you. It's not the strongest soundtrack but it works for the game's tone and story-driven nature. There are decent tracks that set up the atmosphere, but as for actual tunes to choose from for a fighter such as Smash Bros., there are only a few. I had forgotten about the theme that plays once Sector Zero gets launched away, and I agree that could work well, as well as the others that you mentioned. The piano theme is a bit of an oddball for a fighter, but then again so was Calling to the Night in Brawl for the Shadow Moses stage, and it pulled it off!

Also I'm not an Other M hater, just to put that out there, haha. I'm a massive Metroid fan overall and have enjoyed the series since the first entry, and I personally think people are too hard on Other M. Yeah, it's far from the best Metroid game, but I appreciate that they took a chance and tried to do something new. There are frustrating things (pixel hunt sections, for example) but I don't think it's a complete piece of garbage like many seem to.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Oh, no. I totally agree with you. It's not the strongest soundtrack but it works for the game's tone and story-driven nature. There are decent tracks that set up the atmosphere, but as for actual tunes to choose from for a fighter such as Smash Bros., there are only a few. I had forgotten about the theme that plays once Sector Zero gets launched away, and I agree that could work well, as well as the others that you mentioned. The piano theme is a bit of an oddball for a fighter, but then again so was Calling to the Night in Brawl for the Shadow Moses stage, and it pulled it off!

Also I'm not an Other M hater, just to put that out there, haha. I'm a massive Metroid fan overall and have enjoyed the series since the first entry, and I personally think people are too hard on Other M. Yeah, it's far from the best Metroid game, but I appreciate that they took a chance and tried to do something new. There are frustrating things (pixel hunt sections, for example) but I don't think it's a complete piece of garbage like many seem to.
Can't agree more. You pretty much said it all.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I wish they wouldn't even announce Smash Bros until a day or two before it releases. I have an incredibly small amount of patience.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wish they wouldn't even announce Smash Bros until a day or two before it releases. I have an incredibly small amount of patience.
Nobody told you? It came out yesterday. We just didn't want to break the internet by acknowledging Ridley's playable status.

Also that post looks like it is fresh out of Gamefaqs and their thoughts on Ridley.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
zlCfzRbkWUkIt6iLiC.png

Ridley explains to Mario and Link why the Metroid games are better:)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Nobody told you? It came out yesterday. We just didn't want to break the internet by acknowledging Ridley's playable status.

Also that post looks like it is fresh out of Gamefaqs and their thoughts on Ridley.
I see what you did there =3

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
@ Phaazoid Phaazoid Who says there isn't going to be bosses, dude? We might not get an SSE, but that doesn't rule out the possibilities of them appearing in the new Adventure mode.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Somebody doesn't realize how fabulous Ridley is.

"MY OPINION IS FACT"
People like these are the reason that, regardless of whether Ridley ever gets into a Smash game, the TooBigots will never be taken seriously. Even the rare breed of TooBigot that can string together complex polysyllabic series of words to form sentences only ever says what the, ah, more common breed of TooBigot like "Haruhi" is saying up there.

Zynux

Smash Lord
From brawl we know that he is actively looking for ways other than playability to represent more of Nintendo's history, because he really cares about every fan, and doesn't want them to feel left out. Since there is no Emissary, there are not going to be boss characters this time around, which limits some of his representative resources.
I'd be careful. We still haven't seen what the 1-P mode will entail. There's still a good chance of bosses of some kind will come back. In fact, I'd be surprised if their weren't.

With that said, with my pessimism rampant, I haven't ruled out the possibility of Ridley being thrown into a stage hazard or boss. It is something Sakurai would do, especially if he felt it necessary to focus on developing other characters.

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I would like to think that bosses, like Assist Trophies, are designated for more obscure or less popular characters. Where Ridley becomes playable, Kraid could be a boss.

I would like it if my example actually came into fruition.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Somehow, right now the only thing Miiverse Smash community talking about is Ridley
Somebody doesn't realize how fabulous Ridley is.

"MY OPINION IS FACT"
What did you expect? the Miiverse is motto:
Opinions = Facts
Facts = Irrelevant things

Top Bottom