• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0120.JPG

Since i was bored....i made another sketchy Ridley/Rosalina drawing...

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Looking around Miiverse and YouTube and other places recently...Ridley's reception seems to be a lot more positive. More supporters, less haters in general, and more haters who are willing to be reasonable in discussion. Just seems that way for myself, anyway.

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
All of those "rumors" that suggest Ridley's a stage element only happened because they were made after the Pyrosphere was revealed. Before that, people would only say haphazard theories about his inclusion, whether he was a playable character or a boss. Theorists want to be on the safe side of things whenever they speculate on something, and this is something no less different.

I think Ridley would make a really freakin' awesome protagonist in a spinoff action game. It'd be cool to find out more on how Space Pirates work and what their culture is like. If not, a comic book series would be cool too.
zlCfzReAVsIXpzf2b4.png

Since we have Mario and Bowser teaming up in the Mario RPG spin-offs....why not have Samus and Ridley team up to stop a greater threat.
SAMUS & RIDLEY RPG

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So I wrote a long, reasonable reply to Nin10doUltra, and not my surprise, he didn't respond.
I'm watching his video for an undisclosed Ridley related project of mine, and the more and more I listen to him talk, I become more and more convinced he's playing a character. He breaks character to laugh multiple times, after his voice gets too screechy.

Also, can someone repost that GIF of Ridley dancing with the "In Your Face, Shokio" caption? I might be able to make use of it.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so, I've been hinting and nudging people to make this video for a while now, and, since no one bit, I went ahead and made it myself.

What I love most about my video is that there's absolutely no downside to making it. If Ridley is in, it can get used in combo videos and whatnot, and if not, it stills serves to deny the TooBigots the credibility they crave.

Dance the day and night away, my fellow Space Pirates.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Warning Received
Okay, so, I've been hinting and nudging people to make this video for a while now, and, since no one bit, I went ahead and made it myself.

What I love most about my video is that there's absolutely no downside to making it. If Ridley is in, it can get used in combo videos and whatnot, and if not, it stills serves to deny the TooBigots the credibility they crave.

Dance the day and night away, my fellow Space Pirates.
tl;dr

10char

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
lol the first thing I'm going to do is have a team match with rosalina and ridley, I hope they have some sort of connection in the new adventure mode.

D

Deleted member

After Pizzadudemanguy's one and Hotfeet444's one, here is a third dissuasive-blind-detraction-for-ridley's-inclusion video :

I wouldn't be surprised if the maker took some inspiration from this thread however.

Also thanks to @Hotfeet444 for (indirectly) giving me the link of the video. ;p

Last edited by a moderator:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
After Pizzadudemanguy's one and Hotfeet444's one, here is a third dissuasive-blind-detraction-for-ridley's-inclusion video :

I wouldn't be surprised if the maker took some inspiration from this thread however.
I like this. He points out that scaling down is a lot more different than scaling up, and his proportions are rather awkward. However, he does accurately state that a developer can do it if they put their effort in.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
:3 where did you gey that Mata Ridley gif? i wish i could find one like that, but with Omega.....i just got the one i did recording his 3d model from the game....and the others that are from the cinematics....
I searched "ridley melee gif" on Google Images and it came up. I don't know if there's an Omega Ridley one.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I searched "ridley melee gif" on Google Images and it came up. I don't know if there's an Omega Ridley one.
Oh well...i hope to later find a way to do recording on his model with a little bit of higher quality someday.... :3 Thank you...!

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
Warning Received
I was looking through my folder of Ridley stuff until I found this...
GoodGuyCrocie.png

:p

Ridley_Idle.gif

A little less impressive, but still pretty nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom