• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Okay, so, I've been hinting and nudging people to make this video for a while now, and, since no one bit, I went ahead and made it myself.

What I love most about my video is that there's absolutely no downside to making it. If Ridley is in, it can get used in combo videos and whatnot, and if not, it stills serves to deny the TooBigots the credibility they crave.

Dance the day and night away, my fellow Space Pirates.
I approve of this. :seuss:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Forgive me Lord Ridley, for I have sinned and created an artwork far greater than anything I've ever drawn for you. I blame Meta Knight for being yet another awesome Nintendo character... I've been a Meta Knight fan longer than a Ridley fan... However I am a bigger Ridley fan!

Please don't kill me!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yeah I'd do that thing where I'd come in and say "Is Ridley in yet?" and then make half-assed attempted at making a pun relating to the pic of the day, but Nah I'll do that every other week

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:c sorry that i couldn't do another Ridley/Rosalina drawing....homework has been so annoying that my ideas got blocked....can some of you give me ideas?

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
:c sorry that i couldn't do another Ridley/Rosalina drawing....homework has been so annoying that my ideas got blocked....can some of you give me ideas?
How about Rosalina reads a storybook while Ridley and a bunch on Lumas surround her?;)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Why do I get this idea in my head of Beauty and the Beast, only with the characters being Rosalina and Ridley?

There's a drawing idea for ya though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
After Pizzadudemanguy's one and Hotfeet444's one, here is a third dissuasive-blind-detraction-for-ridley's-inclusion video :

I wouldn't be surprised if the maker took some inspiration from this thread however.

Also thanks to @Hotfeet444 for (indirectly) giving me the link of the video. ;p
Hey he didden't mention the picture on wendsday with the dog saying not all characters are up too scale thus prooving the ridley too big people wrong.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
How about Rosalina reads a storybook while Ridley and a bunch on Lumas surround her?;)
You read my mind....xD :3 i hope yo be able to do the drawing after school....thank you!! :D

@WingedSnagret xD yeah, i should do it like if Ridley kicked out Samus (from my previous parody of the beauty and the beast) and put Rosalina instead.....

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to go off topic but I saw something on Ign that said 24 characters announced and 23 to go. Has it been confirmed that there is only going to be 47 characters? can someone please answer that but to be back on topic I feel that could still be at 6 more newcomers including ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't mean to go off topic but I saw something on Ign that said 24 characters announced and 23 to go. Has it been confirmed that there is only going to be 47 characters? can someone please answer that but to be back on topic I feel that could still be at 6 more newcomers including ridley.
There's no definite confirmation on the number of characters, so what you read was false. 47 characters are however more characters than the majority of us are expecting, so it'd leave plenty of room for Ridley.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Doubt it was real, but there was a leak recently that had this.

-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
Wariofan already pointed out how beautiful this would be if true.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
You read my mind....xD :3 i hope yo be able to do the drawing after school....thank you!! :D

@WingedSnagret xD yeah, i should do it like if Ridley kicked out Samus (from my previous parody of the beauty and the beast) and put Rosalina instead.....
Looking Forward to it:)
...And you are not the only one who came up with a "Beauty and the Beast" Parody

RIDLEY X SAMUS

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Hmm, Ridley sure has gotten all soft and cuddly within the last few pages lately...
It's propaganda.

Nobody expects an adorable widdle dragon to come to your house and eat all of your parents. We're basically providing a political smokescreen so Ridley can do his thing (which is, of course, eating parents) and still do well in polls. Apparently, eating parents doesn't test well with humans ages 0-100.

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Ridley IS Soft and Cuddly....until the Galactic Federation killed his family:crying:

According to Metroid Wiki, Ridley's species was massacred since the GF deemed Space Dragons as "too dangerous"......
I think they were right...ONE angry Ridley is enough trouble...Can you imagine more?

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Ridley IS Soft and Cuddly....until the Galactic Federation killed his family:crying:

According to Metroid Wiki, Ridley's species was massacred since the GF deemed Space Dragons as "too dangerous"......
I think they were right...ONE angry Ridley is enough trouble...Can you imagine more?
So he is the last of his kind.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Ridley's too big?

small sizes.png

(Also Olimar is bigger than Kirby in SSB4 even though hes actually 1/8th his size)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vomz5P1TfV8 I've never seen this before but it looks like a mod for ridley in brawl but the stage is also a mod on the pyrosphere. Go to 54 seconds its the perfect size for ridley and he has his own moves like he is already in the game.
:laugh: @ 1:06 to 1:14.

That is all.

That would be too bigheartbreaking.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm back...
AND WE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!
View attachment 10143 GIF TIME!11!!11!!
Am I the only one who likes Ridley with his smaller wings more? It wasn't until the Prime games that they got humongous. I love the tiny wings and hope they are no bigger than Charizards, if not smaller if he is playable.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Ridley's too big?

View attachment 10139

(Also Olimar is bigger than Kirby in SSB4 even though hes actually 1/8th his size)
wait a second.. Samus taller than Bowser? E-E.. when? how?... well, I know that Bowser's size is inconsistent in every game, but he's always, at least...too much bigger than Mario to be... smaller than Samus. .-. ..

Dairz

Smash Ace
wait a second.. Samus taller than Bowser? E-E.. when? how?... well, I know that Bowser's size is inconsistent in every game, but he's always, at least...too much bigger than Mario to be... smaller than Samus. .-. ..
Marios like 4 ft tall, and Bowser about 6 ft tall. (according to the Mario Size Chart)

And I hear Samus is at least 7 ft tall, is that right?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Marios like 4 ft tall, and Bowser about 6 ft tall. (according to the Mario Size Chart)

but, in sports and Kart games, huh?.. well, I think if there's a game to base Bowser's size is the NSMB Series (always before Kamek make a spell on him, of course).. no so big as Sunshine (lol), not so tiny as the original Super Mario Bros. :\/... but I don't know if there's his size by inches in the NSMB games somewhere... you'll need a screenshot.

EDIT: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are not that tall as we see on Smash too.. I believe (despite DK being a gorilla).. though, the only games that they're with characters that also appear in Smash, are Mario sports games... and we can't take as reference as well; .. those games are pretty clear example of eventual resizing... even generic Goombas seem bigger than usual.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm back...
AND WE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!
View attachment 10143 GIF TIME!11!!11!!
That's a pretty damn cool looking sprite. That's the Metroid Fusion one right? I'm pretty sure that Zero Mission's Ridley was green and red.

Yeah, Bowser's way too inconsistent to be given an official size. But he's normally the biggest dude in the group. Though I'm pretty sure most of the time, he'd be bigger than Samus, whose about the size of an average grown man.

She's supposed to be 6'2 I think. And her suit doesn't add that much height.

Last edited:
Top Bottom