• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I'd like to see Omega Ridley in some way. If Ridley is playable, I'd like to see his Meta and Omega forms as alternate costumes. If not, maybe one of them could be a boss.

And I also hated the screams Neo Ridley had on Fusion. (IIRC the original Ridley had the same screams in Zero Mission)
Zero Mission RIdley has similar screams, but they're toned down a lot in volume. I like the ZM screams, I also like the Meta Ridley screams, even if they're very generic. The Brawl sounds are the best, like a combination of both.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How about Meta-Ridley as an FS? Too boring?
I want to try and stray from having a transformation FS, really don't want too many of those. There are already ideas of Mega Mewtwo (X and Y) and Mega Lucario as FS, and add Wario Man and Giga Bowser to that, it just becomes too much.

Omega Ridley is so ugly get out of my thread.
He's beautiful. At least he looks better than Neo-Ridley, Other Ridley and Original Ridley.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Being Ridley is Ridley's Final Smash.

Or he could fly across the stage at high speed, while shooting Fireballs. like a fusion of Latios and Yoshi's Final Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Everyone get out of my thread, just let me be alone with my FiberOne cereal and docusate sodium. *Sobs*

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Everyone get out of my thread, just let me be alone with my FiberOne cereal and docusate sodium. *Sobs*
Sorry Oasis but this thread is Space Pirates property.....And Lord Ridley ate those cereal when he heard that it was good for his health and will help him to be less big :awesome:

Talking of big, Kraid palette swap for Ridley : Yes or Yes ?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Y'know that's a pretty good idea. Kraid's NES colors maybe? I figure Ridley's green color would take after his Zero Mission look, but using NES Kraid's colors as a yellow or brown palette would be really neat I think. Maybe a little ugly but WHO CARES. I could only ever think of five solid choices for Ridley's colors anyway, so using Kraid's makes a nice 6.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I guess that you're other palette swaps are :
-Purple : Metroid, Super Metroid and Other M
-Blue : Neo Ridley
-Red : Super Metroid Box cover
-Gray : Meta Ridley

Or do you have something else in mind ?

Personally another one I would like to see is :
-Orange : Samus Varia Suit

EDIT : now that I think about it Dark Samus as the Blue color swap could be interesting as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Glorious. Fantastic. Ganondorf?
That was a bonus more like a BRONUS because that's what we all are here BROS IN RIDLEY'S BIG SCRAWNY* ARMS.

*Other M not included.

I should probably go to bed because I think I'm being really funny which is not a good sign but I'm not gonna.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Who needs Banjo and Kazooie when you can have K Rool and Ridley instead ?
Let's hope that K Rool will find a big enough bag pack for Ridley.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm guessing that the drawing on the right is based on Parakarry carrying Paper Mario.

The handshake picture looks more as if they're playing rock-paper-scissors. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hope Ridley gets that adorable floor scratch taunt from Metroid Prime 3. Makes him seem like ann overgrown cat that just wants to play.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Omega Ridley's behavior kinda came off as more dog-like to me (with the way it moved and stuff on the ground too), but yeah. Would be nice to have that floor scratch as a taunt, while doing his generic screech I guess.

And yeah, Wolf has that antihero kind of status like Mewtwo.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
What euthanism do you want us to use if it turns out to be true? Got sent to a farm? Went to doggie heaven?
Or should we do it Ol' Yeller style? As brutally as possible?

Oooh, maybe Ridley should eat him!

See 'cause this is the Ridley thread and we need to stay on topic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well looks like we got through the first week of October (and we actually got another character confirmation).

Next week should be interesting since we should be getting another character confirmation to tie in with Pokemon X/Y's release.

Groose

Smash Champion
What euthanism do you want us to use if it turns out to be true? Got sent to a farm? Went to doggie heaven?
"Got shot down by Slippy Toad."

Well looks like we got through the first week of October (and we actually got another character confirmation).

Next week should be interesting since we should be getting another character confirmation to tie in with Pokemon X/Y's release.

I doubt we'll see a playable Ridley this month. Sonic is probably the biggest non-newcomer hype builder they have, so I doubt they'll toss in ANOTHER hype character this month. And even if we do see someone, I'd expect it to be a Pokemon.

November, on the other hand...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
"Got shot down by Slippy Toad."

I doubt we'll see a playable Ridley this month. Sonic is probably the biggest non-newcomer hype builder they have, so I doubt they'll toss in ANOTHER hype character this month. And even if we do see someone, I'd expect it to be a Pokemon.

November has Zelda, so expect a Zelda character. Other than that, I don't think any big releases are happening.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I wrote a few days ago that I don't see a Ridley confirmation happening in October, November, or December due to those months having software releases that could tie into character confirmation. January though seems to be entirely clear.

What should be interesting though is that October and November both have software releases that could tie into a possible newcomer confirmation (Wii Party U and Super Mario 3D World).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Aw crap, that's right, SM3DW comes out the same day as ALBW...well, I dunno which we'll get then.

Actually, ALBW comes out in December in Japan, while SM3DW comes out in November in Japan...huh. This should be interesting.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wolf's not a villain, he's a tool.

Ridley-wise, my favorite appearances are his Zero Mission look and Meta Ridley from the Prime games. I prefer him black, rather than purple.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
all I'm saying is if Sakurai's trend of using characters as advertisements is a thing then I hope to god this means Metroid Dread/Retro Studios Metroid project in the pipeline

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley-wise, my favorite appearances are his Zero Mission look and Meta Ridley from the Prime games. I prefer him black, rather than purple.
Ridley really isn't black in Zero Mission though, he's a light brown. Neither is he black in Prime, he's gray and purple.

I wrote a few days ago that I don't see a Ridley confirmation happening in October, November, or December due to those months having software releases that could tie into character confirmation. January though seems to be entirely clear.
There's Wario Land's 20th Anniversary in January, which could potential see a Wario announcement because of that. However, since January is the start of a new year, I'm sure we'll get a Direct that's going to talk about games being released in 2014, with potential game announcements (X & Y and I think WWHD were announced in January this year.) If there's any Metroid in that Direct, then that's our chance, otherwise we'll have to hope for E3.

Top Bottom