• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who read the title as "obsessed with crack and hoes"?

On topic: Yes he is so needed! Smash needs more villains in this dammed franchise more so than we need more girls!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Am I the only one who read the title as "obsessed with crack and hoes"?

On topic: Yes he is so needed! Smash needs more villains in this dammed franchise more so than we need more girls!
In light of what I was talking about in the "Smash needs more girls? Why" thread, your comment kinda made me wonder... What the support and fandom of Ridley would be like if Rids was actually a female beast with no obvious physical girl features like Vertigo. Ridley would probably have a creepier cult following if it were the case, but it would also prolly cause Ridley to be supported for Smash even more to some degree. "Smash needs someone that's both female and a villain, even if this female isn't exactly human!"
....... Funnily enough too, one of the developers of the Prime trilogy mistakenly referred to Meta-Ridley as a she or something in an interview.

And no, I never read the thread title as that, though I'm sure you're not the only one that has.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hell, I don't think the world is even ready for the lesbianness and beastality that would result from that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
"

I doubt we'll see a playable Ridley this month. Sonic is probably the biggest non-newcomer hype builder they have, so I doubt they'll toss in ANOTHER hype character this month. And even if we do see someone, I'd expect it to be a Pokemon.

November, on the other hand...
Not another hype character? Whats mewtwo chop liver (if its him confirmed because of x and y anyway)

Oh yea theres one other non hype character thats possible to be confirmed this month and thats My best brawl character R.O.B
(NES anniversary october 18th in usa before you say japan anniversary's only luigi was confirmed for the usa release of mario bros dream team)

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Chopped Mewtwo liver would taste quite nice complemented with slowpoke tails me thinks.....

BRB capturing me a mewtwo!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Chopped Mewtwo liver would taste quite nice complemented with slowpoke tails me thinks.....

That picture better be fan made im going to be :mad:if thats real

:glare: really they remade that cdi bull crap

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley pulling the Justin Bailey card on Samus. That was... genius, though little did he know she would still have the arm cannon.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
That comic brings up the question, can Ridley even talk?

I mean yeah it'd be hard controling an entire section of space pirates without some form of sentient. But I don't think I've ever seen him talk, or interact with his minions, control a ship. or do anything that would imply a higher intelligence now that I think about it...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

I mean yeah it'd be hard controling an entire section of space pirates without some form of sentient. But I don't think I've ever seen him talk, or interact with his minions, control a ship. or do anything that would imply a higher intelligence now that I think about it...
He can talk. He's actually highly intelligent. Plus I think there's shots in Zero Mission of him flying his ship.

Whether he can speak English (or whatever language Samus speaks) is another question. But he can definitely talk.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

All non-game materials have him talking, the games however never refer to that trait. However, that doesn't mean he can't in the games as only one was very story driven and that one placed him in a role where speaking wouldn't have fit.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well I meant in this thread actually. Like dumb arguments or something. I guess not though.
Just the usual shenanigans. There was a clip in Sonic's announcement trailer of the Pyrosphere, but very brief, and we only saw half of it. The game itself looks pretty great in action though, I think, both visually and in terms of gameplay.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With how Pokemonish Ridley is made evolution-wise (a killer Pokemon, at that), maybe he should have a mega form or two. :troll: I guess there's Meta and Omega Ridley that could sorta count as a Metroid version of X and Y forms, but preferably something more new as far as form traits/features go.

.... Yeah, there's nothing more to really talk about here for awhile, even if you happen to not keep up with the thread again for a bit.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
With how Pokemonish Ridley is made evolution-wise (a killer Pokemon, at that), maybe he should have a mega form or two. :troll: I guess there's Meta and Omega Ridley that could sorta count as a Metroid version of X and Y forms, but preferably something more new as far as form traits/features go.

.... Yeah, there's nothing more to really talk about here for awhile, even if you happen to not keep up with the thread again for a bit.
Don't worry, I'm sure something will happen in the next week or something to make this thread explode with idiots naysayers haters speculation again.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think at most we'll just get more Pyrosphere pics here and there that will have no real bearing on Ridley's chances or anything. Holes have already been speculated enough, especially when we had the update pic that was a real close-up on said hole, etc.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ridley is just about one of the few villains left to add. We've got Mario's, Link''s, Fox's, Kirby's and Mewtwo can count for the Pokemon series. Only other one I can think of is King K. Rool.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If Ridley were a hazard on the Pyro Stage, I feel Sakurai would've let us know by now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Ridley were a hazard on the Pyro Stage, I feel Sakurai would've let us know by now.
We've seen more then a dozen pictures of Pyrosphere.
We've seen gameplay footage of Pyrosphere.
We've even peered into the pits of hell itself TWICE.

I have confidence that Ridley is not a hazard.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
of course hes jot a stage hazard. Ridleys so huge he would destroy the whole place if he tried even touching the pyro sphere wall.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, since we're gonna be here for a while, probably with nothing new to talk about...

What's the dumbest reason to exclude Ridley you've ever heard? Don't say "too big" because that's too easy.

I think my favorite is "he's too powerful." When Mewtwo can make people's heads explode and Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power. Plus, if Samus can beat Ridley single-handed, wouldn't that make her even more powerful than he is? Why aren't we excluding Samus from Smash on this basis?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My personal favorite?

"He has no personality!"

Not only is that extremely incorrect, but it shows how much they grasp at straws.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
My personal favorite?

"He has no personality!"

Not only is that extremely incorrect, but it shows how much they grasp at straws.
loldiddykong

Yeah, the "lack of personality" and "he's just a mindless beast" cards tend to be more of the humorously wrong ones than too big.

@ Cardigan: Old pic, but still awesome/relevant.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley gets confirmed, I hope they use his Other M appearance because I like how Ridley in Metroid Other M was buff.

I hated the purple Ridley in Brawl. He looked to skinny.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
After seeing that, I just had to do up the following...
I'm sorry M&S, I appreciate what you do, but I cannot condone such height inaccuracies in my thread

AS YOU CAN SEE IN THIS SCENE OF SAMUS BREAKING UP A FIGHT BETWEEN RIDLEY AND TWO RAYQUAZAE, AND A STEELIX JUST KIND OF HANGING OUT FOR NO REASON, Rayquaza is 7m long, so curled up like he is in Brawl takes away much of his height. For reference, Samus is 1.9m, so Rayquaza curled up is probably about 2.3m. It's hard sizing Ridley properly in that pose, he may actually be SLIGHTLY larger than presented.

Point is, Rayquaza is a Shrimp.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm sorry M&S, I appreciate what you do, but I cannot condone such height inaccuracies in my thread

AS YOU CAN SEE IN THIS SCENE OF SAMUS BREAKING UP A FIGHT BETWEEN RIDLEY AND TWO RAYQUAZAE, AND A STEELIX JUST KIND OF HANGING OUT FOR NO REASON, Rayquaza is 7m long, so curled up like he is in Brawl takes away much of his height. For reference, Samus is 1.9m, so Rayquaza curled up is probably about 2.3m. It's hard sizing Ridley properly in that pose, he may actually be SLIGHTLY larger than presented.

Point is, Rayquaza is a Shrimp.
OBJECTION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbTh-hmp4c at 3:29

You made rayquaza size all wrong

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Top Bottom