• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Roidly gets no love </3 :(
He gets love at least from me. So much love i gave him free surgery and now he looks nearly perfect:
Before:

After:

Final version:

But here isn`t a lot of those who at least doesn`t hates Roidley`s design. I would never hug that guy if that would be possible for obvious reasons...unless he is smaller than my cat...then i would hug him every day...even if it is Roidley. At least i doubt he can bite off my hand, unlike Ridley, who has big head with strong jaws that will most likely not release my hand easily.
Also, they forgot to add tongue bones for him...it would be cool if there would be any on this model.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This is the nicest I have seen Ridley treat other M Ridley it only took an omniscient god to do it. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Don't worry Bagan I like Other M Ridley too.
xD Glad you liked it...! I just couldn't resist forcing him to do that......and....well, I like Roidley in a way.....or at least my version of him.....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I decided to give Roidley even more hugs...but this time, in 3D:

*insert your dialogue here because i don`t know what i should add here*
But Roidley`s expressions are very limited in 3D...unfortunately...

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
xD Glad you liked it...! I just couldn't resist forcing him to do that......and....well, I like Roidley in a way.....or at least my version of him.....
Its cool everybody's got a favorite Ridley, at the end of the day its still the same Ridley we all know and love. I'am just glad for once Ridley didn't try to kill him if only for a moment :laugh:

Holy crap Bagan your only 14 and you can make theses amazing models, props to you dude.

AndreaAC

I decided to give Roidley even more hugs...but this time, in 3D:

*insert your dialogue here because i don`t know what i should add here*
But Roidley`s expressions are very limited in 3D...unfortunately...
xD that was quick! There's a reason why I give Roidley those big cartoony eyes....and Ridley's eyes are big enough to put different expressions on him.....

I wish I could come up with a dialog....

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Holy crap Bagan your only 14 and you can make theses amazing models, props to you dude.
Thanks for that...its not that hard to do anyway...
xD that was quick! There's a reson why I give Roidley those big cartoony eyes....and Ridley's eyes are big enough to put different expressions on him.....
Your Ridley`s eyes still look better than Brawl Ridley`s. I love those Ridley&Roidley sketches.
You really need to put those sketches into some kind of archive. Or something like deviantArt.

Here is extra image with different angle and few other minor differences:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Your Ridley`s eyes still look better than Brawl Ridley`s. I love those Ridley&Roidley sketches.
You really need to put those sketches into some kind of archive. Or something like deviantArt.

I wish I could notice the difference between Brawl Ridley and mine....but...I'm blind.

xD and glad you like those! I may do that in the future....when I'm able to draw digitally...something I still fear.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
So it seems we have another outright deconfirmation of someone who isn't Ridley. Would you look at that.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

"AAH! IT'S THAT MEAN ORANGE LADY!"
"Let go off me, you stupid pile of steroids! You're embarrassing me!"
"Sigh, should I even bother...?"

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I wish I could notice the difference between Brawl Ridley and mine....but...I'm blind.
They are very minor...your Ridley just looks...different...i don`t know why.

I once tried to reduce overbite of Brawl Ridley, but i failed. Here is how he looked from side:

On the front, he looked ugly and i couldn`t fix that, so, i dropped that project.

"AAH! IT'S THAT MEAN ORANGE LADY!"
"Let go off me, you stupid pile of steroids! You're embarrassing me!"
"Sigh, should I even bother...?"
Can i use that dialogue for certain something?

So it seems we have another outright deconfirmation of someone who isn't Ridley. Would you look at that.
Oh, so, Takamaru (right?) fell in this war...well, since its not Ridley or Meta Knight, 2 guys that are still not confirmed, i am not sad about it. Until all are one, my friend, and R.I.P.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, Takamaru.I feel bad for the supporters of characters who get deconfirmed, but at least they got swift ends and not drawn out painful ones that go on for a year of teasing. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

They are very minor...your Ridley just looks...different...i don`t know why.

I once tried to reduce overbite of Brawl Ridley, but i failed. Here is how he looked from side:

On the front, he looked ugly and i couldn`t fix that, so, i dropped that project
Could it be the overbite? or....the eyes and the fact he has expressions...I guess.....I do not put much attention to it...

G2A571_0DAF1EA417E20_001.gif

And well...I have problems drawing certains angles of him...I still need practice...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Yeah, Takamaru.I feel bad for the supporters of characters who get deconfirmed, but at least they got swift ends and not drawn out painful ones that go on for a year of teasing. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
This times 1000. A character you like being deconfirmed is a heartbreaker, but at least there isn't any room for doubt when it's like that. Ridley should be playable for all of this waiting, and if he isn't, Sakurai is a sick, sick person for letting us suffer for so long for an even bigger letdown.

majora_787

Smash Hero
"Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)"

You've got to be kidding me.

Yeah guys, Ridley not being mentioned or shown was TOTALLY a direct 100% up front deconfirmation, you know.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Replying to this first bit from the K. Rool thread since I guess it'd be more appropriate to continue here.

Sakamoto endorses the manga and considers it canon, which is enough really. And all the arguments you gave toward the manga there can easily be said for Other M as well, except Other M had more contradictions than the manga ever did, arguably enough. Even without the manga and M:OM though, Metroid's storyline tends to not really be coherent anyway, which is a fault of even some of the best games in the series. Like remember the pirate log in the 1st Prime that mentioned them being able to experiment on Metroid Prime (the creature) despite it being trapped in the Impact Crater which they did not have all the artifacts to access? Yeah, let that sink in for a moment. lol

Being skilled doesn't make the hunters any less of a bunch of one-shots, even though I like most of them especially Weavel whose my favorite out of 'em, not to flatter you.

Despair is the greatest enemy of all. Don't give into it.

You're able to explore for the rest of the goodies and stuff during the epilogue though in preparation for Phantoon and to unlock hard mode should you 100% it, which people seem to always forget/leave out.

But yeah, it is still the most linear game with that said.

edit:

I think this couldn't be farther from the truth.
Show me proof that the manga is canon because I haven't been able to find it, just people pointing out contradictions and how other m makes it worse.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Takamaru is another example of Sakurai making sure we know the role of the character even when its obvious.

AndreaAC

"Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)"

Yeah guys, Ridley not being mentioned or shown was TOTALLY a direct 100% up front deconfirmation, you know.
You know...I wonder why Sakurai points out things that are pretty OBVIOUS...

EDIT: I'm NOT going to use that ninja thing...

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

This does help Ridley, it shows how Sakurai deconfirms characters, but this defiantly stung a lot.

Probably going to play this for the rest of the night :c

majora_787

Smash Hero
Takamaru is another example of Sakurai making sure we know the role of the character even when its obvious.
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it again.

There has not been a single character who has been deconfirmed despite being directly hinted at WITHOUT being physically shown OR named. Not one. All of them have been shown as a trophy or in-game, with or without their names mentioned, and their roles made apparent to not be playable.

If Ridley isn't playable at this stage Sakurai is out of his damn mind. I'm hoping August is the month. It almost has to be. But I guess we'll find out.

EDIT: The most condemning proof for Ridley being teased as a boss other than common sense was Chrom. He was explicitly shown WITHOUT a newcomer tag, WITHOUT a new page on the website, and was ONLY shown as a component of Robin's final smash. But it was STILL made extra clear that Chrom is *NOT* playable.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
I've said it before and I'l keep saying it again.

There has not been a single character who has been deconfirmed despite being directly hinted at WITHOUT being physically shown OR named. Not one. All of them have been shown as a trophy or in-game, with or without their names mentioned, and their roles made apparent to not be playable.

If Ridley isn't playable at this stage Sakurai is out of his damn mind. I'm hoping August is the month. It almost has to be. But I guess we'll find out.

EDIT: The most condemning proof for Ridley being teased as a boss other than common sense was Chrom. He was explicitly shown WITHOUT a newcomer tag, WITHOUT a new page on the website, and was ONLY shown as a component of Robin's final smash. But it was STILL made extra clear that Chrom is *NOT* playable.
I see you're very passionate but please be cautious and read the facts, a lot is going against him and it begins to look more and more that he is not getting in. If you keep holding the knife into the flames of your passion it is going to hurt a he'll of a lot more if you keep trying to expect him to be playable. Just push for him to be dlc, he's worthy of being dlc right?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't want to know what the heck is going on here after I was busy for days, but anyway.

Another disconfirmation, another step to Ridley not getting deconfirmed. This one honestly is so direct that it's one of the rare one that maybe calling someone "delussional" would be accurate. You just have no argument left now, it's objective.

Btw, someone should do a compilation of those and put it in the second post as evidence. It's really becoming to be more and more obvious as time passes and doing a compilation would probably be very demanding. There's too much of them to argue about the opposite now.

Last edited:

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
Stopping in because Takamaru's disconfirmation has made me finally start to think Ridley has a chance.I've been holding out on him because I didn't want to be disappointed, but I am beginning to find hope! Consider me a supporter now!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I see you're very passionate but please be cautious and read the facts, a lot is going against him and it begins to look more and more that he is not getting in. If you keep holding the knife into the flames of your passion it is going to hurt a he'll of a lot more if you keep trying to expect him to be playable. Just push for him to be dlc, he's worthy of being dlc right?
If you actually read what he said, you wouldn't deem us so "passionate".

Takamaru was disconfirmed, out of the blue, and was shown without a newcomer tag. And on top of that, Sakurai specifically said he was an Assist, even though it was obvious enough, to ensure that there is absolutely no doubts about it.

And then there's Chrom, as Nintendo had to specify to IGN that he wasn't playable, even though it was evident he wasn't

So here's the question: Why hasn't this been applied to Ridley? I mean, doesn't that seem even remotely odd to you?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

You can bet your bottom ******* dollar I'm adding this to any of the "Sakurai Deconfirms characters" sections on my grand second post

I don't want to know what the heck is going on here after I was busy for days, but anyway.

Another disconfirmation, another step to Ridley not getting deconfirmed. This one honestly is so direct that it's one of the rare one that maybe calling someone "delussional" would be accurate. You just have no argument left now, it's objective.

Btw, someone should do a compilation of those and put it in the second post as evidence. It's really becoming to be more and more obvious as time passes and doing a compilation would probably be very demanding. There's too much of them to argue about the opposite now.
We already got one, I'm adding to it in the morning!

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Stopping in because Takamaru's disconfirmation has made me finally start to think Ridley has a chance.I've been holding out on him because I didn't want to be disappointed, but I am beginning to find hope! Consider me a supporter now!
Well.. thats rhe reverse of what I was expecting but welcome aboard, but be cautiously optimistic, you don't want it to hurt like searing lava mixed with mythical lava peppers that feeds on your despair to maximize the potential of the pain.

If you actually read what he said, you wouldn't deem us so "passionate".

Takamaru was disconfirmed, out of the blue, and was shown without a newcomer tag. And on top of that, Sakurai specifically said he was an Assist, even though it was obvious enough, to ensure that there is absolutely no doubts about it.

And then there's Chrom, as Nintendo had to specify to IGN that he wasn't playable, even though it was evident he wasn't

So here's the question: Why hasn't this been applied to Ridley? I mean, doesn't that seem even remotely odd to you?
I see lots of passion going around since the "incident" it just goes to show how much he is desired. Anger is fed from passion.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The facts do not seem to indicate that he is not playable so much. Context is important. All characters who have been outright deconfirmed have been... Well, outright deconfirmed. By being shown, by being acknowledged, or being mentioned. Ridley has had none of that. He was not handled even like the other bosses were by being revealed as a boss with Pyrosphere. This extremely abnormal indirect behavior and sidestepping for so long would be teasing Ridley's status. But why would they tease Ridley's status to be a downgraded version of something entirely normal?

Imagine if they tried to tease Mario as a playable character who can't charge smash attacks, only has one special move, and can only jump once. Nobody would be excited, because not only would that have been generally expectable, but now it's worse than it already was.

And the fact of the matter is through the evidence we have, the layout of Pyrosphere, Ridley's scale, his speed in motion, and his behavior all point away from being a boss through "good game design".

Looking at the facts has really only convinced me more and more that he's playable. I'm just hoping that this can be wrapped up in an early August direct.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So now Takamaru's corpse is being used to nourish Ridley's chances? Oh come on, he deserves some dignity after what happened.

Aren't there any morsels left from Waluigi or Tingle?

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
welcome and my condolences

He gets love at least from me. So much love i gave him free surgery and now he looks nearly perfect:
Before:

After:

Final version:

But here isn`t a lot of those who at least doesn`t hates Roidley`s design. I would never hug that guy if that would be possible for obvious reasons...unless he is smaller than my cat...then i would hug him every day...even if it is Roidley. At least i doubt he can bite off my hand, unlike Ridley, who has big head with strong jaws that will most likely not release my hand easily.
Also, they forgot to add tongue bones for him...it would be cool if there would be any on this model.
nice work, very well done

I can see that you really did put you heart in soul in this, honest it shows.
do you have any future plans for it aside from cool pics? perhaps maybe if you got in contact with some PM back roomers..... (I be dreaming the dream)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Well.. thats rhe reverse of what I was expecting but welcome aboard, but be cautiously optimistic, you don't want it to hurt like searing lava mixed with mythical lava peppers that feeds on your despair to maximize the potential of the pain.
Hey! You're a detractor! You can't welcome people!

That's our job! Btw read the second post

majora_787

Smash Hero
And to put this out there before I go to sleep. For Sakurai to tease two characters in this way, make one playable, and tease the other for a year only to actually make them a downgrade of their normal role despite how requested they are and how ridiculous it is to hype up a character for an expected deconfirmation?

That is a ridiculously unpleasant thing for him to do. That is objectively an extremely poor decision to make. If you are going to deconfirm characters outright, you either deconfirm them outright or you don't bring them up. You do not pick a particularly requested character, tease them, and then deconfirm them just to make the situation as bad as possible for the fans. I believe Sakurai's above that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I made another image, this one is harder to understand:

Welcome aboard, FancysaurusRex, and let us support Ridley `til all are one and avoid drinking the wateh.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I feel like this thread has more intelligent conversation discussing Other M than it does discussing (arguing) Ridley in Smash Bros.
Understandable (even though I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment).

I would think a discussion where people exchange ideas about a subject they know about (in this particular case, 2 or more people whom played Other M and other Metroid games) and have been rationalizing their thoughts and opinions about the subject for possibly even years by now, would make for a much more coherent discussion then speculation on a situation that quite honestly we know very little about (that is, what the **** is going on with Ridley and Pyrosphere).

------------------------------------

Oh, so Takamaru is done for. Another character straight up deconfirmed. And yet, we still don't know anything about Ridley. Ridley being a Boss Hazard now would be downright unpleasant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom