• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Whats that thing floating near Dark Samus?

I also see a weird green object on the right edge of the pic.

And Lava does appear to be a hazard

Lava at the bottom I see

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know that they said there is no DLC planned at the moment, I've made hints to it such as no DLC for this game would be crazy ect, but with the tech they got now and the demand it just seems to be a matter of time to me.

And if people really are so passionate about Ridley, I don't see why not try to start a petition to get a response out of the respective party, I was also part of one for megaman legends 3 and we got over 100k ppl and they responded to us.

The answer was still no but it did force a response seeing a combined effort into a single petition.

So yeah, I was part of 2 successful petition campaigns that got responses, only one bore fruit so call it what you want. And the petition for megaman legends 3 is still ongoing. I don't know at the top of my head but I think they have 500k supporters now.
Petitions don't work all the time, the game finished development, and is ready to be sended to the stores in Japan. And the 100000 strong stuff was reached a long time ago, but crapcom didn't do anything. Also, we WILL get a metroid newcomer associated with King Kihunter and Ridley's theme, and Ghirahim, but that is the most controversial character here

Lava at the bottom I see
OH MY GOD THE LAVA!!! WHY DID WE NOT NOTICE THAT PART! THIS IS LIKE THE NINTENDOG POTD THAT HID ROSALINA'S ATTACK!

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Petitions don't work all the time, the game finished development, and is ready to be sended to the stores in Japan. And the 100000 strong stuff was reached a long time ago, but crapcom didn't do anything. Also, we WILL get a metroid newcomer associated with King Kihunter and Ridley's theme, and Ghirahim, but that is the most controversial character here
I know the game finished development sir/madame/it, I just thought making a petition for him as DLC could better our chances, the people who really want Krystal from star fox started in 2012 was it? and have over 650 people from the last update I got.

And yes I know, we're a year to late, blah help with dlc blah.

Though looking at it in retrospect, Ridley might have a chance at DLC without such since they know we are screaming bloody mary for him.

P.S. I also said capcom shot us down, but they did in fact respond to us and the petition grew to I think 500k as of now.

PP.S the krystal petition grew a lot more as details of SSB4 emerge just so you know. People were obviously not really looking out for it back then.

It looks like the flying chair rob flew on in his cape.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Lava at the bottom I see
The thing near Dark Samus is likely the things under the platforms shown here

and the green things near the ledge are the platforms from a bird's eye view

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know the game finished development sir/madame/it, I just thought making a petition for him as DLC could better our chances, the people who really want Krystal from star fox started in 2012 was it? and have over 650 people from the last update I got.

And yes I know, we're a year to late, blah help with dlc blah.

Thought looking at it in retrospect, Ridley might have a chance at DLC without such since they know we are screaming bloody mary for him.

P.S. I also said capcom shot us down, but they did in fact respond to us and the petition grew to I think 500k as of now.
Capcom claimed there wasn't a mega man fan in sight at E3, and I know about the NiGHTs deal, but Ridley's role is going to stay this way, He has been teased, so Sakurai won't go all 'you're never too big!!!!for a stage hazard' or something like that

Weavel

Smash Ace
Capcom claimed there wasn't a mega man fan in sight at E3, and I know about the NiGHTs deal, but Ridley's role is going to stay this way, He has been teased, so Sakurai won't go all 'you're never too big!!!!for a stage hazard' or something like that
This isn't the place for this but I haven't heard that, and it may be associated with the very toxic attitude towards capcom as of late.

And never say never, I've heard the word come back and bite people from numerous other games,

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This isn't the place for this but I haven't heard that, and it may be associated with the very toxic attitude towards capcom as of late.

And never say never, I've heard the word come back and bite people from numerous other games,
Imagine a top quality chef announcing a free buffet, and he hints at your favorite dish, by listing the ingredients that are only used in that combination for that very dish, and then reveals it was something that is your least favorite food, how proffesional does it look?

Also, I haven't used the word never until now :4pacman:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
dat takamaru destruction this morning. Some of the more popular possible newcomers are starting to fall. This feels like the beginning of the end.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Given the fact you want to push the petition idea so hard, you've already indirectly admitted you've given up on any hope of Ridley being in the initial roster. At the very least can we hold this off until Ridley's fate has officially been revealed?

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Imagine a top quality chef announcing a free buffet, and he hints at your favorite dish, by listing the ingredients that are only used in that combination for that very dish, and then reveals it was something that is your least favorite food, how proffesional does it look?

Also, I haven't used the word never until now :4pacman:
Ok I admit, that post made me smile like a ****** at a petting zoo, but hell its even a Dev saying for "Never say never" and such things have happened where everyone lost hope. Lets not be absolutists.

I'm sure you've seen it to, or have experienced it. but you're certainly confident that its for naught.

Given the fact you want to push the petition idea so hard, you've already indirectly admitted you've given up on any hope of Ridley being in the initial roster.
You're right, I have. I was merely respecting the opinion of another who is convinced that Ridley is going to be a playable character at launch. I never hinted that I thought otherwise and told him my beliefs.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
*Slowbeef Ridley*

Oh gawd gaiz, dis is stah-ing to sceer me, at least mah suppor-ers are stayin strong, right?*sees Weavel showing doubts* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

Weavel, I apologise if this offends you
Ok I admit, that post made me smile like a ****** at a petting zoo, but hell its even a Dev saying for "Never say never" and such things have happened where everyone lost hope. Lets not be absolutists.

I'm sure you've seen it to, or have experienced it. but you're certainly confident that its for naught.
The thing is Ridley has his the pyrosphere reveal, shadow, and 4 trophies going for him, I assume you are talking about Chrom, who only had a convincing leak going for him

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OK, there HAS to be something going on if Sakurai is willing to show TAKAMARU AS AN ASSIST TROPHY FOR MONDAY, BUT RIDLEY'S NAME ISN'T SAID YET.
My god, this is a rollercoaster.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
How great would it be if this week was Assist Trophy/Stage Hazard Week, and on Friday we get a pic of a huge boss sized Ridley telling us that he is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere, with the comment "I know he has lots of fans, but Ridley is just too big to be playable.", only for him to make a second post underneath and say "Nah, I'm only kidding. He's playable. FYI, he's enhanced with a Super Mushroom in the first pic."
Wow, that would be GREAT lol

Weavel

Smash Ace
*Slowbeef Ridley*

Oh gawd gaiz, dis is stah-ing to sceer me, at least mah suppor-ers are stayin strong, right?*sees Weavel showing doubts* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

Weavel, I apologise if this offends you

The thing is Ridley has his the pyrosphere reveal, shadow, and 4 trophies going for him, I assume you are talking about Chrom, who only had a convincing leak going for him
It doesn't offend me I'm just confused by it. I never insinuated strong belief that he would be in the initial roaster. My 2nd post on the forum after asking for evidence was me saying that I did not believe it added up and was just wishful speculation, and how I also wanted the character.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I see you're very passionate but please be cautious and read the facts, a lot is going against him and it begins to look more and more that he is not getting in. If you keep holding the knife into the flames of your passion it is going to hurt a he'll of a lot more if you keep trying to expect him to be playable. Just push for him to be dlc, he's worthy of being dlc right?
why the hell do people keep expecting DLC?

last i checked, it was NEVER stated as being a thing they are going to do for smash bros.

you and so many people on gamefaqs assuming there will be DLC without a doubt, yet i have not seen ANY mention of DLC... as soon as the amiibos were revealed, everyone started assuming DLC was a thing.

you are doing the SAME thing by assuming something is most definitely going to happen.

everytime i hear people blindly talking about DLC for smash... ANOTHER berserk button of mine... i have to refrain from putting my computer through the wall. :evil:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It doesn't offend me I'm just confused by it. I never insinuate strong belief that he would be in the initial roaster. My 2nd post on the forum after asking for evidence was me saying that I did not believe it added up and was just wishful speculation and how I also wanted the character.
because Ridley is scared that a fan of his is speculating that he isn't playable could lead to his demise, after seeing his classmate Takamaru get slaughtered like that, he is worried the same fate awaits him

Khoru

Smash Champion

last i checked, it was NEVER stated as being a thing they are going to do for smash bros.

you and so many people on gamefaqs assuming there will be DLC without a doubt, yet i have not seen ANY mention of DLC... as soon as the amiibos were revealed, everyone started assuming DLC was a thing.

you are doing the SAME thing by assuming something is most definitely going to happen.

everytime i hear people blindly talking about DLC for smash... ANOTHER berserk button of mine... i have to refrain from putting my computer through the wall. :evil:
because it makes absolutely no sense for there not to be dlc? nintendo is a company. they like making money. dlc has been done for lesser things like mario golf and fire emblem awakening and sold fairly well - think about how much money dlc for a system-seller would make.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
When we saw the nintendog in a PoTD, you could see an attack that no one recognized, and Rosalina was later confirmed having that very move

That purple flare is from one of her moves, if my sources are correct
Do you have an image with that effect outside of this image.

Also Ridley.

Weavel

Smash Ace

I've said this multiple times but I'll say it again.

Having no DLC for a brand spankin new entry of smash bros on next gen is like making a sequel to street fighter iv with the original size of the cast and no plans of DLC. Its just pure absolute madness that sherogorath from the Elderscrolls would feel a pulse coming from our realm by the mere acceptance it wont get DLC.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I really don't see smash bros having DLC, at least new character DLC.

Sakurai seems to emphasize having a good final product. He doesn't strike me as the type of developer to endorse DLC.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I really don't see smash bros having DLC, at least new character DLC.

Sakurai seems to emphasize having a good final product. He doesn't strike me as the type of developer to endorse DLC.
Absolutely, he is focused on making it a refined and complete product, but he did say that afterwards who knows? which is definitely not a knocker against the concept. and as I said before MADNESS!!!!!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Absolutely, he is focused on making it a refined and complete product, but he did say that afterwards who knows? which is definitely not a knocker against the concept. and as I said before MADNESS!!!!!
People wanting DLC isn't a logical argument that we'll get DLC. Everyone would love extra stages in Mario Kart, or extra racers, but that never happens. We might get balance updates, if something is really broken, but that's all I really see happening.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I've said this multiple times but I'll say it again.

Having no DLC for a brand spankin new entry of smash bros on next gen is like making a sequel to street fighter iv with the original size of the cast and no plans of DLC. Its just pure absolute madness that sherogorath from the Elderscrolls would feel a pulse coming from our realm by the mere acceptance it wont get DLC.
i dont care how many times you say it... you expect others to believe your hopes for DLC, despite them even saying there were no plans for it... but you refuse to accept all the mountains of evidence pointing toward ridley possibly being playable?

...with all these detractors deciding to join this thread, i am starting to feel like i am on gamefaqs again.

the way this is going, i may as well spend all my time on miiverse.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
no, and I'm a lazy bugger, and I'm listening to the music showed at the trophies, so that is Ridley related

please don't eat me IsmaR
Found it myself

Imo, this significantly helps Ridley out as it shows Sakurai is willing to hind a newcomer in plain site, this should be added to second post.

Weavel

Smash Ace
People wanting DLC isn't a logical argument that we'll get DLC. Everyone would love extra stages in Mario Kart, or extra racers, but that never happens. We might get balance updates, if something is really broken, but that's all I really see happening.
Dude, Its a totally logically argument on how much money they could make! I don't know if saying this is a stretch but maybe it could go on as long as street fighter iv DLC!

The game invented a freaken genre for (insert deity here) sake, if genre is the right word, mechanic? concept?

Its guaranteed to get a TON of sales.

But I wont lie.. if lucas ever becomes for sale.. I will not buy him..

Also I think they would be motivated at said point to actually release characters that people want.

i dont care how many times you say it... you expect others to believe your hopes for DLC, despite them even saying there were no plans for it... but you refuse to accept all the mountains of evidence pointing toward ridley possibly being playable?

...with all these detractors deciding to join this thread, i am starting to feel like i am on gamefaqs again.

the way this is going, i may as well spend all my time on miiverse.
Dude omg, if Ridley is playable and in the game I AM ALL FOR THAT! I am just not convinced by your evidence because there is very powerful evidence working against it!

And dude come on, saying no plans at the moment doesn't guarantee no plans ever in the slightest. plenty of other companies have said that and Sakurai even said himself that when the time comes who knows?

Does that sound like buries the concept of DLC in a unmarked grave?

P.S. And man! cmon! I'm on your side! I want you to be right! If I am wrong I will personally apologize or whatever but I just don't currently feel that way man! but I want like all hell to be wrong on this ridley fiasco!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Don't forget Sonic Generations! Damn SEGA only making a pinball machine DLC, when we could use more levels! And I think SSBB Vs Ridley is the best Ridley theme

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
todays PotD was a slap in the face for Takamaru fans...but on the bright side this does give more evidence on how sakurai disconfirms characters

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
because it makes absolutely no sense for there not to be dlc? nintendo is a company. they like making money. dlc has been done for lesser things like mario golf and fire emblem awakening and sold fairly well - think about how much money dlc for a system-seller would make.
Like said before, there is no post launch DLC planned, it's pointless jumping to the conclusion and amusing it as a guaranteed factor, but yes it would make sense, specially for a game like Smash Bros. If people want to talk about this why can't you save it till after release? The only thing talking about DLC at this point is doing is derailing the main topic, this is a Ridley thread after all, and people aren't even trying to shoehorn Ridley in to try and make it relevant.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dude, Its a totally logically argument on how much money they could make! I don't know if saying this is a stretch but maybe it could go on as long as street fighter iv DLC!

The game invented a freaken genre for (insert deity here) sake, if genre is the right word, mechanic? concept?

Also I think they would be motivated at said point to actually release characters that people want.
It's not a logical argument. Here's proof by counter example.

There are a lot of fans who want anime characters, or shrek playable. You may think it's just silly, but there are actually tons of people who really want characters like Goku to get in. But regardless of how popular an idea among fans it is, or how much money it could make them, Sakurai's integrity as a game developer stops him from doing that.

Same thing applies to DLC.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

...there are so many things i want to say to this.

and each one of them will likely get me banned.

so i'll say this instead... when ridley is confirmed playable, and there is NO DLC ever released... you better spend the rest of your life apologizing to everyone in this thread.

sakurai works his ass off to make a FINISHED PRODUCT... he doesnt want to sell pieces of a game off at a later date.

first, not only would that be INCREDIBLY stupid... because alot of people are getting sick of the "age of DLC", but smash bros is one of the very few series out there where people dont have to worry about buying a half-finished product from.

not to mention, if they just released DLC of everything people wanted at a later point... that would SEVERELY damage the quality of the next game, because if they add in new stuff in DLC, that is several characters that could've been used for the next game.

you know what... im not having this argument... because right now, i feel like making someone eat concrete.

is there a block button on this site? :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

There are a lot of fans who want anime characters, or shrek playable. You may think it's just silly, but there are actually tons of people who really want characters like Goku to get in. But regardless of how popular an idea among fans it is, or how much money it could make them, Sakurai's integrity as a game developer stops him from doing that.

There's also the fact that as far as I know, Sakurai's games have never even had DLC to begin with.

He's broken patterns for Smash 4, but this DLC pattern is one I can't see him breaking. After all, didn't he say something in an interview about wanting to have all of the planned content for a game in its first release so that the game was "complete" right out of the gate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There's also the fact that as far as I know, Sakurai's games have never even had DLC to begin with.

He's broken patterns for Smash 4, but this DLC pattern is one I can't see him breaking. After all, didn't he say something in an interview about wanting to have all of the planned content for a game in its first release so that game was "complete" right out of the gate?
I don't want to say DLC is an impossibility, I just know it isn't Sakurai's style. As you said, Sakurai has been quoted saying he likes having the game truly finished when he puts it out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
...there are so many things i want to say to this.

and each one of them will likely get me banned.

so i'll say this instead... when ridley is confirmed playable, and there is NO DLC ever released... you better spend the rest of your life apologizing to everyone in this thread.

sakurai works his *** off to make a FINISHED PRODUCT... he doesnt want to sell pieces of a game off at a later date.

first, not only would that be INCREDIBLY stupid... because alot of people are getting sick of the "age of DLC", but smash bros is one of the very few series out there where people dont have to worry about buying a half-finished product from.

not to mention, if they just released DLC of everything people wanted at a later point... that would SEVERELY damage the quality of the next game, because if they add in new stuff in DLC, that is several characters that could've been used for the next game.

you know what... im not having this argument... because right now, i feel like making someone eat concrete.

is there a block button on this site? :facepalm:
click on profile, and you will see Ignore

Weavel

Smash Ace

Dude, I'm sorry. But there is no way in hell that you're serious. I honestly laughed while reading that and I want to be your friend.

Of ****ing course there wont be any god damn anime characters or spiderman! Its all going to stay within the franchise! Its not like you see a thread on here advocating for the Dark Magician from yu gi oh to get in smash bros. Its all been nintendo related.

Edit: YOU KNOW WHAT?! **** IT! LETS ADVOCATE FOR GODZILLA!! OHHHH!! OR HOW BOUT THE ARABIC GOD OF WAR?!

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Dude omg, if Ridley is playable and in the game I AM ALL FOR THAT! I am just not convinced by your evidence because there is very powerful evidence working against it!

And dude come on, saying no plans at the moment doesn't guarantee no plans ever in the slightest. plenty of other companies have said that and Sakurai even said himself that when the time comes who knows?

Does that sound like buries the concept of DLC in a unmarked grave?

P.S. And man! cmon! I'm on your side! I want you to be right! If I am wrong I will personally apologize or whatever but I just don't currently feel that way man! but I want like all hell to be wrong on this ridley fiasco!
what exactly IS your "very powerful evidence" against ridley?

let me guess... HE'S TOO BIG?!

cause so far, that is ALL you people have against him.

Top Bottom