• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NatP

Smash Ace
The thing about DLC is that Sakurai has said that he's not directly opposed to the idea of DLC, hell, he's even said that he loves Fallout 3's DLC. BUT, I think Sakurai is only going to start thinking about DLC AFTER he's done with the game. For now he's probably just focusing on finishing Smash 4 and that's it. Later on though? Who knows?

Jesus, we have 60 guests right now

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Didn't Sakurai say a while ago he was gonna plan for DLC once the game is already finished? o3o

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dude, I'm sorry. But there is no way in hell that you're serious. I honestly laughed while reading that and I want to be your friend.

Of ****ing course there wont be any god damn anime characters or spiderman! Its all going to stay within the franchise! Its not like you see a thread on here advocating for the Dark Magician from yu gi oh to get in smash bros. Its all been nintendo related.
While I do often post sarcastic things, I assure you I was being entirely serious, and your incredulous reaction only helps my point. Just as you said, no matter how much fans wanted it, if it isn't in line with the franchise, it will never happen. That means the argument you used to support DLC - that the fans would want it, doesn't work. I would argue that DLC isn't in line with the franchise either - or at least Sakurai's vision of it.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Can someone make a compilation of all the times a character was flat out deconfirmed? Including Takamaru.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
While I do often post sarcastic things, I assure you I was being entirely serious, and your incredulous reaction only helps my point. Just as you said, no matter how much fans wanted it, if it isn't in line with the franchise, it will never happen. That means the argument you used to support DLC - that the fans would want it, doesn't work. I would argue that DLC isn't in line with the franchise either - or at least Sakurai's vision of it.
Man, I still can't take you seriously, people are going to advocate for nintendo characters as a 99.99% of the majority.

The rest are kids with their parents possibly being blood related.

LIKE OMG I LOOOOVVVVEEE SMASH BRRROSOS!!!! :D!!! LETS MAKE ELSA FROM FROZEN AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!! YEAH!!! ALSO I WANT SAILOR MOON AND DARTH VADER!!!

**** IT ALL MAKE VLADMER PUTIN A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!!

I'm pretty sure I spelled his first name wrong.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
LIKE OMG I LOOOOVVVVEEE SMASH BRRROSOS!!!! :D!!! LETS MAKE ELSA FROM FROZEN AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!! YEAH!!! ALSO I WANT SAILOR MOON AND DARTH VADER!!!
Miiverse in a Coconut Shell. (takeittothefridge)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Man, I still can't take you seriously, people are going to advocate for nintendo characters as a 99.99% of the majority.

The rest are kids with their parents possible being possibly blood related.

Just because you don't respect the fans that want non Nintendo related characters doesn't mean that they aren't fans, and it doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of them. I'm not trying to compare the people who want non Nintendo characters and the people who want DLC other than the fact that there are probably similar amounts, if not less people who are loud about DLC. You have a big mis-understanding of the numbers here, impossible characters would often get to the top of the popularity charts if they were allowed. Why do you think Ichigo, Goku, and Naruto are in Super Smash Flash? Huge popularity.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can someone make a compilation of all the times a character was flat out deconfirmed? Including Takamaru.
"Disconfirmed".

- Skull Kid, stated to be an Assist Trophy
- Ashley. "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy"
- Nintendog, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Assist Trophies
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Poke Ball summons
- Takamaru, "FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy. Again."

All I can remember at the moment.

With this PotD I have a weird feeling it's going to be a bloody week . . . All leading up to Metroid Month. Let's just hope Sakurai hasn't decided this is the week he destroys all hope for all NPCs

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
nice work, very well done

I can see that you really did put you heart in soul in this, honest it shows.
do you have any future plans for it aside from cool pics? perhaps maybe if you got in contact with some PM back roomers..... (I be dreaming the dream)
Thanks.
Well, maybe if there will be 3D version of MUGEN that will be simpler than current version of it, then i will use it to create a new character. I doubt PM back roomers will make Ridley using this model because it doesn`t works in SSBB and Brawl model is easier to use.
**** IT ALL MAKE VLADMER PUTIN A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!!

I'm pretty sure I spelled his first name wrong.
Vladimir Putin. Or, as i and russian peoples call him, Владимир Путин or just Путин. And Zangief would be bette- oh, wait, no characters that originally appeared in fighters/fighting games.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Ridley has the potential to be extremely fun, let's see what they make of him! Also, if he isn't in the starting Roster he won't be in the game via DLC if there should be any. Because if he is NOT in the game when it is released, that means he is the stagehazardbossthing on Pyrosphere.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just because you don't respect the fans that want non Nintendo related characters doesn't mean that they aren't fans, and it doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of them. I'm not trying to compare the people who want non Nintendo characters and the people who want DLC other than the fact that there are probably similar amounts, if not less people who are loud about DLC. You have a big mis-understanding of the numbers here, impossible characters would often get to the top of the popularity charts if they were allowed. Why do you think Ichigo, Goku, and Naruto are in Super Smash Flash? Huge popularity.
Because people wanted a game where all was possible while keeping the smash concept, of course some of us probably have fan dreams of non IP characters getting into the game but they're just dreams. We have reason and logic to decide a nintendo character. If you want to look at it double logically you would have to wonder how much said non ip character would be for purchase by nintendo from well I dono EA! BIOWARE! ARCHIE COMICS!!

Yes they are fans of smash bros, but deep down they gotta know that all those non IP characters are impossible.

And don't try to bring solid snake into this..

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
With this PotD I have a weird feeling it's going to be a bloody week . . . All leading up to Metroid Month. Let's just hope Sakurai hasn't decided this is the week he destroys all hope for all NPCs
The blood of the innocents shall pave the way through the month of Metroid, to the game's release in September

hail Ridley

Because people wanted a game where all was possible while keeping the smash concept, of course some of us probably have fan dreams of non IP characters getting into the game but they're just dreams. We have reason and logic to decide a nintendo character. If you want to look at it double logically you would have to wonder how much said non ip character would be for purchase by nintendo from well I dono EA! BIOWARE! ARCHIE COMICS!!

Yes they are fans of smash bros, but deep down they gotta know that all those non IP characters are impossible.

And don't try to bring solid snake into this..
You say we have reason and logic, but the argument I was trying to make is that the only reason and logic you were using for DLC is that fans would want it. As I've clearly demonstrated over the last few posts, fans wanting something doesn't necessarily mean anything. That means it isn't a logical argument, so you can't use it to support there being DLC. Which means we have no reason whatsoever to believe there will be DLC.

I'm not trying to say DLC will be impossible. Just that there's nothing pointing to it so far, and one or two things pointing away from it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You say we have reason and logic, but the argument I was trying to make is that the only reason and logic you were using for DLC is that fans would want it. As I've clearly demonstrated over the last few posts, fans wanting something doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Takamaru can relate XD

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i dunno about anyone else, but i just see weavel as just trying to cause trouble...

using baseless "evidence" to say DLC is pretty much confirmed for smash bros, just because some people want it... while denying all the evidence pointing to ridley being playable... while ALSO saying there is very strong evidence against him, yet refusing to mention what it is.

so far, i see nothing against ridley... at this point, the only way he would be unplayable is if sakurai felt some demented hatred for his fans.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
watch Issac become an assist trophy tomorrow...i pray i didnt jinx that

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey Guys, @ AbioFlesh AbioFlesh 's question made me curious, so I made this:

This is every direct character disconfirmation, in chronological order.

- Skull Kid, stated to be an Assist Trophy
- Nintendog, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Yellow Devil, confirmed Stage Boss.
- Saria, confirmed Trophy
- Ashley. "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy"
- Alfonzo, "Leave it to me!"
- Palkia, confirmed Poke Ball summon
- Mother Brain, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Waluigi, "just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle"
- Dedenne, sort of confirmed Poke Ball summon (it wasn't stated, but the comment did allude to Waluigi's PoTD)
- Phospora, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Isabelle, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Various, Smash Bros Direct, confirmed stage element
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Assist Trophies
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Poke Ball summons
- Orne, confirmed enemy
- Dillon, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Wonder Red, confirmed Trophy
- Bullet Bill, confirmed item
- Brittany, confirmed Trophy
- Kamek, confirmed stage hazard
- Brewster, confirmed stage element
- Meloetta, confirmed Poke Ball summon
- Egg Robo, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Various, seen during E3 build of game, confirmed Assist Trophy, Poke Ball summon
- Nabbit, confirmed Stage element
- Poppant, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Iridescent Glint Beetle, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Rayman, confirmed Trophy
- Chrom, confirmed Final Smash for Robin
- Takamaru, "FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy. Again."

Did I miss anything? Or mess up the order?
Notice: Ridley has not been disconfirmed like ANY of these characters.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
i dunno about anyone else, but i just see weavel as a troll...

using baseless "evidence" to say DLC is pretty much confirmed for smash bros, just because some people want it... while denying all the evidence pointing to ridley being playable... while ALSO saying there is very strong evidence against him, yet refusing to mention what it is.

so far, i see nothing against ridley... at this point, the only way he would be unplayable is if sakurai felt some demented hatred for his fans.
Well, he was teased under the stage boss segment, ignoring all the analyzing we've done that's some pretty damn strong evidence. I still feel like it's a bit silly being sure one way or the other, it can go either way, it depends on how reliable our analyzises are. For all we know he could be teasing a playable boss mode, even if I highly doubt that, but anything is possible. I still find him more likely than not, but it's not that smart to close out the possibility.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i dunno about anyone else, but i just see weavel as a troll...

You know he can read that? This is a public forum. This is more than a little rude.

It may be a little harder to take Weavel seriously because of his poor grammar/argument skills, but he doesn't hate Ridley, and is just posting opinions. As @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees said, hinting to us that Ridley is a stage hazard can be interpreted as strong evidence for Ridley being a stage hazard. Some of us choose not to because we want to believe otherswise, but we don't really know.

What I'm trying to say is, we're all in this together, even if we don't want Ridley playable. play nice : )

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The blood of the innocents shall pave the way through the month of Metroid, to the game's release in September

hail Ridley
We shall mix those innocent characters` blood with ashes of Ridley and his prossessed parts to ressurect him! RESSURECT OUR GREAT AND GLORIOUS LORD! ALL HAIL RIDLEY!

I found something kinda odd, but funny:

I doubt that we will get DLC if Sakurai said that there will be no DLC. Or playable bosses, even if it won`t use Gamepad because of Yellow Devil. No one will ever pick him more than once. It will be a waste of development time.

Whenever or not DLC will be available must be discussed not here i guess. Wasn`t there a thread for that?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Actually, Ridley isn't the only character who hasn't been referred to by name yet shown.

Zoroark & Swirlix
Sakurai explicitly said "some kind of appearance" and these two pokemon are the only one's who haven't been yet.

And to an extent, Dark Pit. As he also wasn't referred to by name in Palutenas Trailer.

Ridley isn't the only one getting vague teases like this, he just gets it the most.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What are you talking about? I don't see anything in that clip.
Before we were talking about Rosalina being shown before her reveal in the Nintendogs reveal pick because of an effect. But if you pause it at the right time, you can see Samus has the same effect.

Top Bottom