• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, Ridley isn't the only character who hasn't been referred to by name yet shown.

Zoroark & Swirlix
Sakurai explicitly said "some kind of appearance" and these two pokemon are the only one's who haven't been yet.

And to an extent, Dark Pit. As he also wasn't referred to by name in Palutenas Trailer.

Ridley isn't the only one getting vague teases like this, he just gets it the most.
Yeah he was. Palutena specifically said "trying to spoil my fun, Dark Pit?"

I actually got excited.

If Robin was seriously the last newcomer before release, that would strongly imply there are unlockable newcomers.
Which is good, as that leaves room for more than two newcomer trailers.
I'm trying to figure out what everyone is saying? I don't see anything in there that says we won't get any more newcomer until release.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah he was. Palutena specifically said "trying to spoil my fun, Dark Pit?"

I'm trying to figure out what everyone is saying? I don't see anything in there that says we won't get any more newcomer until release.
oops (again) he wasn't referred to by name in the japanese trailer. My bad. (I'm just full of mistakes today :/)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
August begins this friday, the time most speculate for a Ridley reveal
Also, another popular character deconfirmed without second thought.
Wait, August begins THIS Friday?
PFPFPFPFPFPFPFPFPFPMYBIRTHDAYISSOCLOSEAUGUST26THYAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
And yeah, all the popular characters are getting dedadeded.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, Ridley isn't the only character who hasn't been referred to by name yet shown.

Zoroark & Swirlix
Sakurai explicitly said "some kind of appearance" and these two pokemon are the only one's who haven't been yet.

And to an extent, Dark Pit. As he also wasn't referred to by name in Palutenas Trailer.

Ridley isn't the only one getting vague teases like this, he just gets it the most.
Dark Pit was directly refered to by Palutena in the trailer, but it's still an odd cliffhanger.

EDIT: Aaaaand you corrected it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Zoroark & Swirlix

SWIRLEX CONFIRMED

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Another Character deconfirmation. This was just a total blow to Takamaru fans... but at the same time better for Riddles.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
You know he can read that? This is a public forum. This is more than a little rude.

It may be a little harder to take Weavel seriously because of his poor grammar/argument skills, but he doesn't hate Ridley, and is just posting opinions. As @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees said, hinting to us that Ridley is a stage hazard can be interpreted as strong evidence for Ridley being a stage hazard. Some of us choose not to because we want to believe otherswise, but we don't really know.

What I'm trying to say is, we're all in this together, even if we don't want Ridley playable. play nice : )
so he's allowed to express his opinion, even if it angers others, but i am not allowed to express mine?

people throw the word "detractor" around, despite that basically being the same as "troll", atleast regarding the subject of ridley.

what is this topic becoming... you are defending a detractor, suddenly defending their evidence, atleast that is what it sounds like to me.

this whole wait is starting to tear at my mind and starting to turn us against each other, it seems... that is just depressing.

i miss when i first came to this thread, it was more fun... andrea needs to post more drawings of ridley to break up the tension, or something.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He was referred by name by Palutena. And he at least was shown...
EDIT: Ninja'd. If he will be something beyond an alt model with different effects and voice (*coughplayablecough*), i will scream because we don`t need 2nd Pit from franchise that only recently got ressurected and had only 3 games. Maybe he has different abilities, but then why whe shouldn`t get Dark Link? Toon Zelda? Melee Roy? Pichu? SA-X? Ridley-X? Clone Ridley? Shadow Mario? Metal Mario? Dark Bowser? Dry Bowser?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
so he's allowed to express his opinion, even if it angers others, but i am not allowed to express mine?

people throw the word "detractor" around, despite that basically being the same as "troll", atleast regarding the subject of ridley.

what is this topic becoming... you are defending a detractor, suddenly defending their evidence, atleast that is what it sounds like to me.

this whole wait is starting to tear at my mind and starting to turn us against each other, it seems... that is just depressing.

i miss when i first came to this thread, it was more fun... andrea needs to post more drawings of ridley to break up the tension, or something.
People are taking things a bit too seriously if they're literally getting angered by someone who doesn't believe a purple space dragon is a playable character.

He simply stated he had his reasons to believe what he does, you're treating detractors as if they're enemies when they're simply individuals with differing opinions, it's no big deal at all. Even if people don't share the same point of view showing respect to each other is what's important by the end of the day, it's a matter of perspective, I don't want the Ridley fanbase to be remembered as a group of people that constantly hack at people who don't believe that he's guaranteed, we have a bad enough rap as it is already.

Last edited:

NatP

Smash Ace
Yeah guys, we have to all relax and behave! Over 100 people are watching this thread right now omg

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Somebody probably linked to our thread on 4chan, Reddit or some other popular site. Or Nintendo Treehouse is checking on us.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
People are taking things a bit too seriously if they're literally getting angered by someone who doesn't believe a purple space dragon is a playable character.

He simply stated he had his reasons to believe what he does, you're treating detractors as if they're enemies when they're simply individuals with differing opinions, it's no big deal at all. Even if people don't share the same point of view showing respect to each other is what's important by the end of the day, I don't want the Ridley fanbase to be known as a group of people that constantly hack at people who don't believe that he's guaranteed, we have a bad enough rap as it is already.
The problem in Weavel's case is they tried to bring up the idea of a petition to try and make Ridley a DLC character (under the assumption that he wouldn't be playable on launch). And of course this is a Ridley thread, most people here think he will be playable on release, but even people who don't believe he'll get into the game are allowed a voice as long as they don't just scream and shout. But Weavel completely derailed the thread and changed the subject to DLC.

Weavel is pretty much asserting that DLC will happen and Ridley won't be in on release, which pretty much goes against what Sakurai seemed to imply on the subject (the little he did), and wouldn't make sense to add him after release if they couldn't before. So you can't blame people for getting annoyed.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guests, we don't bite much
Yes, you are right. We tear things apart with our bare hands, we eat iron for breakfast, we FALCON PUNCH small kids on the streets just because they are too loud, we kill just by staring at someon- oh, we must look innocent and totally not dangerous to talk with? Oh...then we are friends to all living beings that are not toobigots. If you are toobigot...GIVE ME YOUR FACE! And maybe few other parts...but face is the most important part.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The problem in Weavel's case is they tried to bring up the idea of a petition to try and make Ridley a DLC character (under the assumption that he wouldn't be playable on launch). And of course this is a Ridley thread, most people here think he will be playable on release, but even people who don't believe he'll get into the game are allowed a voice as long as they don't just scream and shout. But Weavel completely derailed the thread and changed the subject to DLC.

Weavel is pretty much asserting that DLC will happen and Ridley won't be in on release, so you can't blame people for getting annoyed.
Sure, the DLC talk ended up being off-topic, but that wasn't what he was scolded for in this case.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Somebody probably linked to our thread on 4chan, Reddit or some other popular site. Or Nintendo Treehouse is checking on us.
Oh please Nintendo, if Ridley gets in, my life of being an orphan, getting cheated on, and getting crippled will be wonderful, and I will be able to pay for my hospital bills somehow, as I am dying of cancer...also my children are dead.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys, @AbioFlesh 's question made me curious, so I made this:

This is every direct character disconfirmation, in chronological order.

- Skull Kid, stated to be an Assist Trophy
- Nintendog, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Yellow Devil, confirmed Stage Boss.
- Saria, confirmed Trophy
- Ashley. "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy"
- Alfonzo, "Leave it to me!"
- Palkia, confirmed Poke Ball summon
- Mother Brain, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Waluigi, "just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle"
- Dedenne, sort of confirmed Poke Ball summon (it wasn't stated, but the comment did allude to Waluigi's PoTD)
- Phospora, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Isabelle, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Various, Smash Bros Direct, confirmed stage element
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Assist Trophies
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Poke Ball summons
- Orne, confirmed enemy
- Dillon, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Wonder Red, confirmed Trophy
- Bullet Bill, confirmed item
- Brittany, confirmed Trophy
- Kamek, confirmed stage hazard
- Brewster, confirmed stage element
- Meloetta, confirmed Poke Ball summon
- Egg Robo, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Various, seen during E3 build of game, confirmed Assist Trophy, Poke Ball summon
- Nabbit, confirmed Stage element
- Poppant, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Iridescent Glint Beetle, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Rayman, confirmed Trophy
- Takamaru, "FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy. Again."

Did I miss anything? Or mess up the order?
Notice: Ridley has not been disconfirmed like ANY of these characters.
Don't forget the most controversial one: Chrom.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My two sense on the idea of "Playable bosses".

I personally think it's bunk, for a very simple reason; Super Smash Bros., when boiled down, is ultimately a fighting game celebrating Nintendo's history.

Sure, it has Adventure modes and Smash Run and trophies and items, but these peripheral modes still come down to either fighting or learning the vast, rich history of Nintendo's games. True, there may be arbitrary scores to gain and minigames like the Lottery or the Coin Launcher or whatever that bumper car game was in Smash 3DS, but that's ultimately just filler content, and also comes down to getting yet another history lesson. The gimmicky crap is not the attraction, the stickers and trophies pertaining to Nightmare and the Aurora Units are.

Pyrosphere is not filler of any sort. It is a stage established from nearly the beginning, and any "party game" modes to be had can only pertain to changing the battlefield itself, or giving certain fighters advantages/disadvantages. Not to give a remote control to the big, scary pinata.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

He simply stated he had his reasons to believe what he does, you're treating detractors as if they're enemies when they're simply individuals with differing opinions, it's no big deal at all. Even if people don't share the same point of view showing respect to each other is what's important by the end of the day, it's a matter of perspective, I don't want the Ridley fanbase to be remembered as a group of people that constantly hack at people who don't believe that he's guaranteed, we have a bad enough rap as it is already.
well, why do you think there are wars?

because people have differing opinions.

fine, whatever... from now on, if i am annoyed by someone, i'll just block them instead of responding.

im just tired of all this waiting!

its not as if i dont have doubts plaguing my mind... but i am trying to keep some hope that sakurai is NOT a spiteful, demented person who gets off and shattering dreams after building them up for a year straight.

this whole situation is just maddening.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The "playable bosses" leak was debunked the second Takamaru was confirmed as an Assist-Trophy.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Besides, the playable bosses leak always had an air of trolling to it. One of the big 3 will be playable, and Mewtwo would never be a boss.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

fine, whatever... from now on, if i am annoyed by someone, i'll just block them instead of responding.

its not as if i dont have doubts plaguing my mind... but i am trying to keep some hope that sakurai is NOT a spiteful, demented person who gets off and shattering dreams after building them up for a year straight.

Well, no one wants wars unless they're madmen anyways.

But I do understand you, I'm getting really impatient myself too, this whole situation has been pretty uncomfortable. I think what really gets to us now is that we're nearing release faster than ever, so we could get our answer at any point, every pic of the day could potentially spell doom for us, every single newcomer reveal that isn't Ridley puts us into a tighter and tighter spot, as time passes without a Ridley confirmation the thread we're hanging on gets thinner and thinner. If Ridley isn't in the August Direct I can't even imagine how this thread will react.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The "playable bosses" leak was debunked the second Takamaru was confirmed as an Assist-Trophy.
Not that it had any merit whatsoever... It was the stupidest thing I ever heard. Not just playable bosses, but taking a previously playable character and turning him into a boss.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

...I consider them debates, not wars. There is no reason to be hostile, just be nice. Or not insulting intellect. I will acknowledge when a person I am debating with is actually intelligent and brings up good points. [exp: DarkDude, Emberstoashes, like 2 people out of 1000 on Miiverse that I have debated with] but if they aren't don't insult them. Have a lovely non hostile debate and reason with each other. And know it is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...I consider them debates, not wars. There is no reason to be hostile, just be nice. Or not insulting intellect. I will acknowledge when a person I am debating with is actually intelligent and brings up good points. [exp: DarkDude, Emberstoashes, like 2 people out of 1000 on Miiverse that I have debated with] but if they aren't don't insult them. Have a lovely non hostile debate and reason with each other. And know it is a matter of opinion.
what about that Jerry Apple something? He seemed kind and smart

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The day people actually realise Super Smash Bros. is a "Sumo" Game and not a "Fighting" Game is the day we finally get world peace.
:D

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
//whispers all these guests make me nervous

In all seriousness, lurking is no fun~ Feel free to join in xDD

Top Bottom