• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
everyone knew that wolf was in at that time. so far the leak prevention have been pretty good for this game, mbutonce the game will be out in japan.. it wiull be literally hours before the nwhole roster is published in teh internet with proof, (and it could even happen some days previous release, like people who don't mind the anti leak deal, getting access to the whole game data.
I wouldn't mind getting the roster spoiled if it meant the roster had characters I like. And I see Andrea is back...ABORT EVERY SHIPPING KNOWN TO MAN OTHER THAN RIDSALINA

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah if I see stuff about the whole roster getting leaked only a few days before the game releases, I'm going to go underground. I want to unlock all the secret stuff myself. So, just fyi, if you all see that happen and I disappear, that's why xD.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Just a heads up, but we may have a storm coming

Found someone posting about this twitter account on reddit https://twitter.com/LeakedSmash, apparently they're a play tester and are leaking pictures. Don't buy it for 1 second but we may have people coming here talking about them

So far his Mr.G&W screen look pretty solid, but it's lucas screen nkinda gives me doubts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just a heads up, but we may have a storm coming

Found someone posting about this twitter account on reddit https://twitter.com/LeakedSmash, apparently they're a play tester and are leaking pictures. Don't buy it for 1 second but we may have people coming here talking about them

His Lucas pic looks horrible! I won't believe anything he does unless we see actual gameplay of newcomers or something that can be trustworthy, although the Game and Watch model is likely seeing as how it looked different in the pacman trailer

GODDAMMINT NINJAD BY SVARTWOLF

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Oh, I'm the one responsible for the guests by the way...

Got a top comment in /r/smashbros, and used it to give post 2 on this thread some attention

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As far as I know, Ridley isn't a playable character or a stage boss on the 3DS-Version, but he has a trophy. If this guy is legit, we are doomed, but the guy hasn't showed any video evidence, and some people on Reddit found that G&W's head had the P1 arrow through it

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Leaked smash= ultra fake. He "can't remember" the roster after plays testing for hours? Bullsh*t
I sometimes can't remember brawl roster XD, what took my attention though in the G&W pic, rather than GW is the footage of a place of rainbow road I at least have never seen before. and i'm not sure, but even if we know that rainbow road is in the game, don't know how much actual footage have we seen of that stage?

Edit: typos, I gotta type fast before phazooid ninjas me XD

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
As far as I know, Ridley isn't a playable character or a stage boss on the 3DS-Version, but he has a trophy. If this guy is legit, we are doomed, but the guy hasn't showed any video evidence, and some people on Reddit found that G&W's head had the P1 arrow through it
There is absolutely no way that that guy is legit because we say Ridley's ANIMATED shadow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Has someone posted it in the leak thread? I would do it but I don't know where it is. Also, new stages and characters videos or photoshop, easy conclusion
And WayfaringElf, he DID say the 3ds version, but I wouldn't believe it anyway

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I sometimes can't remember brawl roster XD, what too my attention though in the G&W pic, rather than GW is the footage of a place of rainbow road i at least have never seen before. and i'm not sure, but even if we know that rainbow road is in the game, don't know how much actual footage have we seen of that stage?
True, but he play tests the game for hours at a time and recently too. How could he not remember?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I sometimes can't remember brawl roster XD, what too my attention though in the G&W pic, rather than GW is the footage of a place of rainbow road i at least have never seen before. and i'm not sure, but even if we know that rainbow road is in the game, don't know how much actual footage have we seen of that stage?
His pic of G&W looks like a direct photoshop of the G@W we saw at the end of the Pac-Man trailer. The Lucas looks super blurry and fake. I'm not buying.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The G&W picture is ripped from the star-road-battle that was streamed at Comic-Con with the pacman-reveal-G&W photoshopped into it. No chance its real.

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
His pic of G&W looks like a direct photoshop of the G@W we saw at the end of the Pac-Man trailer. The Lucas looks super blurry and fake. I'm not buying.

Here's the source for the Lucas pic, straight from the good ol' Brawl Dojo.

TrueDarkAce

Smash Cadet
It would be pretty easy to photoshop it because it was on a solid color background as well, heck I can probably do that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know recording footage can be a female dog, but I cannot stress enough about fake leaks like this, the guy who posted this flamed on other leaks, so I doubt his legitamacy exists, but you can record stuff with a camera, so boom, done, show some new stages, characters, the so called Ridley trophy and done

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
Anyone who takes pictures with their potato is an insta-fake in my book. Pretty much everyone has a phone nowadays that can take far higher quality pictures than that. It's just another guy with a license to photoshop :p

On a Ridley related note, I am so ready for August. If a direct is announced for August 6th, I will scream a scream that Ridley himself would be proud of :laugh:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
not saying it's true, the lucas image is extremly strange... is just the rainbow road ... searches for a little...

Found this image, i will post it here for reference. at least thelocation of rainbow road was already shown...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Anyone who takes pictures with their potato is an insta-fake in my book. Pretty much everyone has a phone nowadays that can take far higher quality pictures than that. It's just another guy with a license to photoshop :p

On a Ridley related note, I am so ready for August. If a direct is announced for August 6th, I will scream a scream that Ridley himself would be proud of :laugh:
The punch out anniversary was AROUND the time of the feb direct, not on it. (I think)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Lol, somebody called him fake and made a better fake than him in 5 minutes. Then the "leaker" got mad LMAO

https://twitter.com/LeakedSmash/status/493784784494407680
Yeah that guy got owned lol

not saying it's true, the lucas image is extremly strange... is just the rainbow road ... searches for a little...

Found this image, i will post it here for reference. at least thelocation of rainbow road was already shown...
Whenever leakers post such blurry stuff, it's almost a definite fake. Not to mention the only 'new' characters he's shown us are only using already shown artwork. All the markers of a fake are there.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ridley is still very possible at this point... even more so with the 'Shadow'.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
As much as I want to see Ridley, we'll probably have to wait until after release or at least until the roster is leaked.
He's obviously going to be an unlockable character, and probably secret.

All of the currently revealed newcomers (except Lucina maybe) seem like starter characters, and with possible candidates like Shulk and Chorus Kids likely being starter, I doubt that Sakurai will opt to reveal unlockables like K. Rool and Ridley yet.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident that if Ridley's in, he's secret.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Whenever leakers post such blurry stuff, it's almost a definite fake. Not to mention the only 'new' characters he's shown us are only using already shown artwork. All the markers of a fake are there.
Yeah, I was posting the image to show that i found the location shown in a screenie. what bugged me was that the location of rainbow road wasn't shown before. now it's clear that it have been shown. from there to a fake is an easy path.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
As much as I want to see Ridley, we'll probably have to wait until after release or at least until the roster is leaked.

All of the currently revealed newcomers (except Lucina maybe) seem like starter characters, and with possible candidates like Shulk and Chorus Kids likely being starter, I doubt that Sakurai will opt to reveal unlockables like K. Rool and Ridley yet.

I think Ridley is unlockable announced. Pale tuna was teased not near as much as Mr. Riddles and look at her.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Yeah, that's been my standpoint since before E3 2013 xD. Ganon/Mewtwo were secret, Wolf was secret. a lot of villains seem to be. Although I have to admit, the fact that the Metroid anniversary comes shortly before the game's release is interesting. Might mean nothing, but I guess we'll see.
Yeah, I was posting the image to show that i found the location shown in a screenie. what bugged me was that the location of rainbow road wasn't shown before. now it's clear that it have been shown. from there to a fake is an easy path.
and if it didn't take you that long to find the image, that's even more of an indicator, lol.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm just waiting for the reveal and hoping it comes in the august direct. I don't want to be one of those people and say "He'll 500% certainly be iin the direct this time", but I mean I think this is the last newcomer reveal pre-release, and they've been teasing Ridley for a year now.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Because Palutena is starter.
There's seriously no possible way that Ridley is a starter character.
Well, to be fair, we really have no idea who's a starter and who isn't at this point. All 4 FE as starters seems a bit odd, and the third parties are usually announced beforehand and then hidden. I think we're going to have to wait a bit to figure out who starts as playable.

Top Bottom