• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
Could Kraid even fit in Pyrosphere?

I mean, just look how spacious Brinstar Depths was and compare it with Pyrosphere.
I have to agree with this, Kraid is HUGE (even compared to Ridley) and the Pyrosphere is relatively tiny

Honestly this is why my main theory is that the Stage Boss is his clone

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So does Ridley drink Roidley's blood then?

Or does he just like to cut himself open and drink his own blood because he's just that narcissistic?

Only wanting to drink his own blood as opposed to the blood of his victims because he thinks it is the "highest quality."
OuO um....Ridley's and Roidley's blood are different....and every time I see Roidley's blood I want to puke....but yeah....I guess Ridley drinks his own blood because of his narcissism......

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
its not hard to believe that they put the hole there just as a nice detail... afterall, this is sakurai and his team.

they put lucina's mark in her eye, and even the backside of the bumper is heavily detailed, as well as many other things in the game.

things we'd likely never notice... so they obviously care about making everything look nice and detailed.

also, i kinda like that "ridley terrorizes the competition". :grin:
Thanks, and yes, sakurai loves tiny details!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Thinking about the Trophy Quiz makes me want to put Ridley, Palutena, Robin, and Ghirahim in four-player matches as soon as the 3DS version comes out. I never realized before how fitting it was to see a dreaded Space Pirate leader, a brilliant tactician, a Demon Lord, and the Goddess of Light, all fighting against each other.

So what kind of prospective matches to you want to put Ridley against? For me, other than the possibility that I just talked about, I of course want him to fight Samus on Final Destination.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'd want to do a Pyrosphere fight between Samus and Ridley, then do a battle between the gargantuans: Ridley, Bowser, DK, and Dedede on Final Destination.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Another addition to my Ridley face collection

He doesn't always drink but when he does he drinks SPLounge water

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
definitely a battle between ridley and samus... not sure which stage, though.

then i'd probably have a villain battle... ridley vs ganondorf vs bowser vs ghirahim [if he is the one they decide to add]

...and then...

RIDLEY BATTLE!

ridley vs ridley vs ridley vs ridley. :chuckle:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thinking about the Trophy Quiz makes me want to put Ridley, Palutena, Robin, and Ghirahim in four-player matches as soon as the 3DS version comes out. I never realized before how fitting it was to see a dreaded Space Pirate leader, a brilliant tactician, a Demon Lord, and the Goddess of Light, all fighting against each other.

So what kind of prospective matches to you want to put Ridley against? For me, other than the possibility that I just talked about, I of course want him to fight Samus on Final Destination.
Ridley vs. Giga Bowser (if that's still Bowser's FS) and Ridley vs the actual Pyrosphere stage boss and Samus on Pyrosphere. Then he'd REALLY make Samus cry, along with detractors :evil:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So, I have been on Miiverse for awhile today, and a lot of the people seem to be under the impression that the only size that Ridley would be given, is the same height as Mario. -_- When did that become, a thing?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Why act so surprised? No doubt there's little children/adolescents/(hopefully not) older people on there saying dumb things, it's inevitable. Do you expect long, thought-out essays with a clear thesis statement, valid arguments, cited sources, page numbers, and a title page, on Miiverse? Pssssshhhhaaaw.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
definitely a battle between ridley and samus... not sure which stage, though.

then i'd probably have a villain battle... ridley vs ganondorf vs bowser vs ghirahim [if he is the one they decide to add]

...and then...

RIDLEY BATTLE!

ridley vs ridley vs ridley vs ridley. :chuckle:

I dunno, I don't think more than one is likely.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Why act so surprised? No doubt there's little children/adolescents/(hopefully not) older people on there saying dumb things, it's inevitable. Do you expect long, thought-out essays with cited sources and page numbers and a title page, on Miiverse?
But those is the kind of posts I leave on Miiverse. :/ Well, usually.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

The Space Pirate Captain, the King of Evil, the Pig King, and the Krocodile Kaptain all duke it out on Battlefield.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I dunno, I don't think more than one is likely.
There's still this Ridley from Star Wars. :denzel:

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
hey, ridley from radiata stories!

i absolutely loved that game!

anyway, i am sure i wont be the only person having a four-way ridley battle.

im getting more and more excited! :bluejump:

also, i noticed that signature image... i love space dandy. :grin:

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ridley vs. Giga Bowser (if that's still Bowser's FS)
It totally is. Doesn't look half-bad with Bowser's brighter colors, either; sort of reverting back to its SSBM palette. Unfortunately, that battle would be a little one-sided due to Giga Bowser not being able to be knocked around/unflinchable, but I'd probably still try it.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
It totally is. Doesn't look half-bad with Bowser's brighter colors, either; sort of reverting back to its SSBM palette. Unfortunately, that battle would be a little one-sided due to Giga Bowser not being able to be knocked around/unflinchable, but I'd probably still try it.
i would think the real challenge would be... well, having the battle occur.

giga bowser can only be in battle a few seconds at a time, afterall... i imagine that taking quite awhile to finish.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Or you could just do a Mega Smash...

(Group>Special Smash>Toggle size to Mega)
i almost got confused about this, since i havent played brawl in awhile.

are those special battles returning for this smash?

even then, ridley would be giant as well, and it would just be a large bowser, not giga bowser.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Wow, one day I wait expecting something minor to have happened in that time, only to find ten more pages I'm never going to read. I support this thread, but if you don't see me for some time its cuz I can't keep up with all this movement.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
To be objective, people are just anxious for a reveal. So everything in this thread since E3 has been more or less filler and speculation.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

-u- Wow. it seems that seeing Ridley licking his own blood counteracted the effects of the Assassin Madness.....my abusive humor is getting back! :D

32A571_0DAB4B4814442_000.gif

Ridley: "Yeah, pay attention to me....and you, useless piece of cloning garbage, shut your beak before I break it into pieces...."

Roidley: "..."

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
-u- Wow. it seems that seeing Ridley licking his own blood counteracted the effects of the Assassin Madness.....my abusive humor is getting back! :D

View attachment 18857
Ridley: "Yeah, pay attention to me....and you, useless piece of cloning garbage, shut your beak before I break it into pieces...."

Roidley: "..."
I kinda want to see Ridley toss Roidley like a javelin now thanks to that beak.

AndreaAC

I kinda want to see Ridley toss Roidley like a javelin now thanks to that beak.
xD Want that too! =u= BUT I think I will draw that another day.......and good thing that I didn't had to drink the water...seeing Rids was enough to ease the Assassin Madness....unless someone comes out and wants to get me mad again.....

o__o I made a bloody massacre with this thread....

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
o__o I made a bloody massacre with this thread....
Ridley would be so proud. xD

Also, out of curiosity, am I the only one hoping the "surprise" for Smash Bros at comic-con turns out to be Reggie vs Hungrybox?

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
The hype would off the charts, provided reggie kicks his ***.
Reggie will use his Mii, and Hungrybox loses. Later that day, new reporters broadcasting claim that hype has literally has torn a hole in the time space continuum, allowing Reggie to go into the future a few months and at Comiccon, show the Ridley reveal early.

=u= Oh....you are right!. I would do anything for my waif-...I mean....my beloved Commander Ridley! Even bloody attacks out of rage! :D
Exactly! :D

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
guys wanna ask something about stages.. there was a rumor about a metroid fusion stage in matter of fact that would mean we could have a ridley boss aswell but the thing comes here
both ridley pyrosphere and fusion are cloned / x which means the charakter spot would be filled with original ridley :D
is this possibel? stupid or i dont know good pls tell me:D

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
guys wanna ask something about stages.. there was a rumor about a metroid fusion stage in matter of fact that would mean we could have a ridley boss aswell but the thing comes here
both ridley pyrosphere and fusion are cloned / x which means the charakter spot would be filled with original ridley :D
is this possibel? stupid or i dont know good pls tell me:D
If it's a rumor without credibility. We don't care.

And this is the thread to discuss Ridley as playable. Not as a boss.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
If it's a rumor without credibility. We don't care.

And this is the thread to discuss Ridley as playable. Not as a boss.
if that is a possiblity it would be a nice no a pritty extreme thing i mean two times a stage boss and a playable charakter..u have to think about that . if sakurai comes up with yeah here u can see ridley... and here u can also see ridley... but waiiiit here u can play him aswell.... all would go crazy and stuff

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I splayed out that Ridley and K. Rool pic for fun.

krool splay.png

ppcute.png
GG, Space Pirates, time to pack up and go home, Ridley is too big after all. Nope, no resizing possible.

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Read if you want to feel good about being a Ridley follower. All right I'm a put this argument to rest. RIP UltraNick, Shokio, and non-believers. Just felt like getting this off my chest, so I can feel good.

I'll be using this video to argue against:

Non-believer argument:
  1. Ridley is TOO BIG and you can't down scale him.
Counter-argument:
  1. Bowser, Pikmin, etc. and Metroid NES version
Non-believer argument:
  1. Brawl mods look bad. Down scaling him makes him look weird.
  2. You can't use Metroid 1 from NES as an excuse to down scale him because of system limitations. He was then made bigger in other games including the reboot.
  3. He'll play too similar like Charizard.
Objection!
  1. One thing: Neither you nor I know anything about game design. It's obvious Brawl mods look bad, amateur designer's don't have that much experience. Down scaling is not the issue. It's about redesigning and giving Ridley a look that makes him fit with in the SSB universe and yet still maintain his identity. He has been made bigger in later games because during game development the lead designer can easily say "Hey! I want to redesign this from Metroid 1 into this for Super Metroid and later maybe into Roidley". This also ties into the fact that one can easily design a skill set for Ridley without much being a clone of another character.
TL;DR: Those who don't believe that Ridley could be playable either have little faith in Sakurai's Team and their talents or they just plain hate him and don't want him in. I believe this should be applied to almost any character.

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr Not sure if you read but I pretty much shut down the argument of size, scaling, and not fitting well in the SSB universe.

Top Bottom