• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
He's obviously a huge tease. What we need to know is if Sakurai would be this huge of a tease for literally nothing new or exciting. :Y

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
What if it's actually Kraid? The thing I've noticed with Pyrosphere is that it takes place after the Other M fight since it's all slashed and torn up.
there was another one a oneeyed thing in other m it was a secret boss i think.... i was saying that aswell with the stage is after the battle the thing you should we could say that this thing is coming as a hazard or boss

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
If Ridley's playable the only really viable things I can see coming out of those holes are Nightmare, Phantoon, or that godsdаmned Rhedogian. Not Kraid or the Vorash or Mother Brain or Queen Metroid or anything like that.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
If he is, this would probably his BIGGEST tease ever. Crossing my fingers!
cross your fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs, butt cheeks, and everything else! EVERYTHING ELSE!

while we're tying ourselves into contorted knots of flesh, why dont we try coming up with a line for ridley's reveal?

...i know nothing about metroid, so... uh...

"ridley soars into battle!"

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Ridley's playable the only really viable things I can see coming out of those holes are Nightmare, Phantoon, or that godsdаmned Rhedogian. Not Kraid or the Vorash or Mother Brain or Queen Metroid or anything like that.
Why do the holes need to have ANYTHING come out of them? They're just decoration. Kraid would come up out of the lava, of course, and perhaps even slam the floating platform down into the lava.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Does ANYTHING need to come out of the hole? Stages have had holes in them before. Nothing needs to come out of background elements rendered so if nothing else they actually are as finished as they look.

EDIT: Shedinja'd.

But seriously, imagine if it were like. A TEXTURE of a hole on a wall. How crappy would that look? They would need to actually model the hole to some extent if they wanted it to look good at all.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
cross your fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs, butt cheeks, and everything else! EVERYTHING ELSE!

while we're tying ourselves into contorted knots of flesh, why dont we try coming up with a line for ridley's reveal?

...i know nothing about metroid, so... uh...

"ridley soars into battle!"
RIDLEY SWOOPS IN!

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Why do the holes need to have ANYTHING come out of them? They're just decoration. Kraid would come up out of the lava, of course, and perhaps even slam the floating platform down into the lava.
You don't know that they're just for decoration.

Also Kraid wouldn't make sense, he isn't even in Other M.

At least Phantoon or Nightmare or the Rhedogian make a little sense since they are actually in Other M and can fly.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
You don't know that they're just for decoration.

Also Kraid wouldn't make sense, he isn't even in Other M.

At least Phantoon or Nightmare or the Rhedogian make a little sense since they are actually in Other M and can fly.
Well which is actually harder to believe?

- Literally everything in the stage background does something to influence the battle
- They literally just want the stage to look nice so they put effort into making its background elements, even if it means a useless hole of some sort.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Could Kraid even fit in Pyrosphere?

I mean, just look how spacious Brinstar Depths was and compare it with Pyrosphere.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
can someone tell me the reason why everybody comes with this little mac and samus paring.... i mean okay they come in a trailer but why...

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
can someone tell me the reason why everybody comes with this little mac and samus paring.... i mean okay they come in a trailer but why...
because they mention size and size is always an argument used against ridley and what a coincidence they put little mac next to samus

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace

- Literally everything in the stage background does something to influence the battle
- They literally just want the stage to look nice so they put effort into making its background elements, even if it means a useless hole of some sort.
Dude, you're not even making sense. Obviously not everything in the stage background does something to influence battle, but some things might. I'm sure you remember that the round hole was made by Ridley in Other M. What makes you think he can't come out of it? As for the other hole, I don't know why they put that there, it could be for aesthetic reasons. But you can't just conclude that there's no use for them.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Could Kraid even fit in Pyrosphere?

I mean, just look how spacious Brinstar Depths was and compare it with Pyrosphere.
I have a feeling they could find a way to make him fit. If not him, maybe another boss. Smash isn't always canon, you know.

They could always resize Kraid. :troll:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Trailer tag line:
RIDLEY
Makes his big entrance!

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
They're excrement, he just has a unique system in his body that excretes waste out of his stomache. It's more convenient, and thanks to his body temperature they harden as they are ejected.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Sorry.

Splounge water seeped into my water supply.

I now have the urge to ship Samus with Daleks...
J-just make it Kraid and get it over with...

Now can we go back to Ridley?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dude, you're not even making sense. Obviously not everything in the stage background does something to influence battle, but some things might. I'm sure you remember that the round hole was made by Ridley in Other M. What makes you think he can't come out of it? As for the other hole, I don't know why they put that there, it could be for aesthetic reasons. But you can't just conclude that there's no use for them.
If what I just said doesn't make sense, I recommend learning English.

If not everything in the background needs to do anything and things can be for decoration, and we have NO reason at this point in time to actually think anything comes out of it regardless, then it would stand to reason that it could easily be decorative. Does Ridley use the hole in Other M? Yes. But in Other M, that isn't even what the hole looks like. It seems very much like they simply wanted to put the hole there without worrying about detailed accuracy on the inside.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
If what I just said doesn't make sense, I recommend learning English.

If not everything in the background needs to do anything and things can be for decoration, and we have NO reason at this point in time to actually think anything comes out of it regardless, then it would stand to reason that it could easily be decorative. Does Ridley use the hole in Other M? Yes. But in Other M, that isn't even what the hole looks like. It seems very much like they simply wanted to put the hole there without worrying about detailed accuracy on the inside.
Geez dude, no need to be rude. I know English just fine, thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate the gesture. And by the way, I think you're jumping to conclusions. I have a reason to think something comes out of there, why else would Sakurai tease there to be boss battles while showing the Pyrosphere? It's fine if you think they serve no purpose, but given what we have been shown, I think it's more reasonable to think that there will be something coming out of one of those holes.

Good God, this is precisely what I'm talking about in regards to people being rude over opinions.

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
They're excrement, he just has a unique system in his body that excretes waste out of his stomache. It's more convenient, and thanks to his body temperature they harden as they are ejected.
Guessing that's another thing in the water supply here. :troll:

D

Deleted member

-u- I finally could get a good laugh....

View attachment 18849
So does Ridley drink Roidley's blood then?

Or does he just like to cut himself open and drink his own blood because he's just that narcissistic?

Only wanting to drink his own blood as opposed to the blood of his victims because he thinks it is the "highest quality."

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

its not hard to believe that they put the hole there just as a nice detail... afterall, this is sakurai and his team.

they put lucina's mark in her eye, and even the backside of the bumper is heavily detailed, as well as many other things in the game.

things we'd likely never notice... so they obviously care about making everything look nice and detailed.

also, i kinda like that "ridley terrorizes the competition". :grin:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
its not hard to believe that they put the hole there just as a nice detail... afterall, this is sakurai and his team.

they put lucina's mark in her eye, and even the backside of the bumper is heavily detailed, as well as many other things in the game.

things we'd likely never notice... so they obviously care about making everything look nice and detailed.
Detail is definitely one of the main focuses of Sakurai in this game. The screenshots he shows off even show off more detail that you wouldn't be able to see in a regular match.

Top Bottom