• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Shame he hasn't ascended to the ranks of franchise villain and nemesis yet. But one day, he can be an immortal too-big purple god of death series villain too.
I think he is, he was behind the events of the first game too. (Just wasn't known back then) So kinda is a shame.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think he is, he was behind the events of the first game too. (Just wasn't known back then) So kinda is a shame.
So I guess Ganondorf's deconfirmed and we're getting Demise?

Awkward retcons don't really mean much to me. I'd think a thread of people with generally negative opinions of Other M would understand where I'm coming from on that.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Shame he hasn't ascended to the ranks of franchise villain and nemesis yet. But one day, he can be an immortal too-big purple god of death series villain too.
He was to busy playing Metroid at the time. :p Thats the real reason they used the same engine, and borrowed well, the metroids.

Does that make Ridley a god in Kid icarus. What god is he? xD

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
So I guess Ganondorf's deconfirmed and we're getting Demise?

Awkward retcons don't really mean much to me. I'd think a thread of people with generally negative opinions of Other M would understand where I'm coming from on that.
Eh, guess you're right.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nintendo has the right to tell CoroCoro to hold off on information if they so need to. CoroCoro could just say nothing about it at all aside from "hey, this is Pyrosphere".
The point is, if they dodge the Pyrosphere AGAIN it will make everything even MORE suspicious.

I can see that the lack of news really is getting to some...don't worry, I have a bit of a theory.

Many were upset that Ridley wasn't talked about during E3 right? Well in a way, it kind of made sense. The newcomers shown off at the digital direct were directly related to that of the custom movesets and their potential in Smash Bros as it was the big thing Sakurai talked about during said event, hence why Pac-Man was revealed later on and not at the direct, in a way it made sense.

However, Sakurai has not gone into deep detail on the Boss hazards of Smash Bros 4, which I feel will be next month as it's the only opportunity to do so. However, to start the direct, we of course get a confirmation of a character directly correlated to said part of the game...Ridley! Ridley will be shown to be the only character who's both a playable character and boss hazard, along with a full list of boss hazards for Smash Bros 4, who could basically be anyone really. Ganondorf can be announced alongside Ridley to solidify his spot as a hardened boss character in Nintendo History much like Ridley.
I hate this notion that Ridley will somehow both be a boss and a playable character. Its not happening. He'll either be a boss OR a playable character. And all evidence points to playable. Its not like Sakurai said Ridley was a boss, he said bosses appear on other stages.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
He was to busy playing Metroid at the time. :p Thats the real reason they used the same engine, and borrowed well, the metroids.

Does that make Ridley a god in Kid icarus. What god is he? xD
The God of Strength.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Well, that makes two of us...

I paused my music to listen to another toobigot. It was good music, too.

Anyone planning to watch it: The Ridley doesn't start until 1:47 in.

The entire video is just "Too Big"
I got cancer everywhere and Strept Throat while my face was split off and my eyes melted.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The point is, if they dodge the Pyrosphere AGAIN it will make everything even MORE suspicious.

I hate this notion that Ridley will somehow both be a boss and a playable character. Its not happening. He'll either be a boss OR a playable character. And all evidence points to playable. Its not like Sakurai said Ridley was a boss, he said bosses appear on other stages.
I've said it before, you can only sidestep something for so long before everyone can tell you're avoiding something. If they don't give any detail to any stages at all, then there is no point in the article. If they edge around Pyrosphere, then it's obvious they're just avoiding the issue as hard as possible for some reason.

So I mean I would think the only option they have is if the direct is in the first week of August, reveal Ridley there so that Pyrosphere can be covered with the other stages in CoroCoro without it basically being a spoiler and troll-surprise-roflstomper.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Never once when I ever thought of Ridley did anything to do with size come to mind. I always thought space, teeth, wings, dragon, space, pirate, boom, space, cookie, space.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Didn't they say only the 3DS stages? Isn't that just more of a sidestep?

I know they said they changed it to revealed so far, but does that go for just 3DS stages? My source of information is pretty vague on this stuff...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've said it before, you can only sidestep something for so long before everyone can tell you're avoiding something. If they don't give any detail to any stages at all, then there is no point in the article. If they edge around Pyrosphere, then it's obvious they're just avoiding the issue as hard as possible for some reason.

So I mean I would think the only option they have is if the direct is in the first week of August, reveal Ridley there so that Pyrosphere can be covered with the other stages in CoroCoro without it basically being a spoiler and troll-surprise-roflstomper.
Exactly! No matter what they do, unless they announce Ridley as a boss, they'll give away the fact that he's actually playable. Only makes logical sense for Ridley to be announced before then. They can even skip the Pyrospohere and that would basically confirm Ridley playable.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why some of you guys keep torturing yourselves by going to Miiverse/Gamefaqs/ect. and mentioning Ridley. Those places zap your brain functions. I've kept away and my sanity is mostly intact, so y'all should do the same.
i've been on gamefaqs for 12 years i think... actually, i've apparently been a member here for just as long, i just forgot i was one and only recently came back.

anyway... gamefaqs really is maddening... my sanity died long ago. :psycho:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
i've been on gamefaqs for 12 years i think... actually, i've apparently been a member here for just as long, i just forgot i was one and only recently came back.

anyway... gamefaqs really is maddening... my sanity died long ago. :psycho:
I was never born with sanity.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i wanna ask something about ridley just to be sure
original metroid is ridley
most other ridley s are meta or mecha means enhanced and grow with it bigger as the original was
other m ridley isnt ridley (wich is funny because if sakurai says pyrosphere s boss is roidley and after that he says i have bad news and BAM the original ridley comes in buuut just what i want :D )
the fusion ridley isnt ridley ether it is a x
what would mean that the latest actual ridley is omega ridley ??? or the real unedited ridley who is alot smaller then the other ones? right
also omega ridley seems alot smaller then meta ridley...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
On the Ridley boss/playable at the same time discussion

while I don't think it's impossible, I highly doubt it would happen

however if we get a Ridley boss reveal I'll hold onto it until the game comes out and we know for sure lol

Believe in Ridley

belieeeeeeve

Also, Ridley wouldn't be a Charizard clone

he'd be a Palutena clone

duhh

majora_787

Smash Hero
Was it not corrected to say that they are covering all characters and stages revealed, not just 3DS ones?

I swear this thread jumps around to different versions of this and I don't know what's actually happening anymore. xD

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
On the Ridley boss/playable at the same time discussion

while I don't think it's impossible, I highly doubt it would happen

however if we get a Ridley boss reveal I'll hold onto it until the game comes out and we know for sure lol

Believe in Ridley

belieeeeeeve

Also, Ridley wouldn't be a Charizard clone

he'd be a Palutena clone

duhh

lol hed have 12 custom moves

fire fireball and plasma ball
claw swipe ridley klaw and swipe n bite
fly flaming fly and super ridley fly
tail poke flaming tail poke and ice tail poke

obviously

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Was it not corrected to say that they are covering all characters and stages revealed, not just 3DS ones?

I swear this thread jumps around to different versions of this and I don't know what's actually happening anymore. xD
They're covering ALL characters and stages revealed so far.

....what if....
Ridley is a playable boss character. o.o
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

I swear that I'm the cause of most of this. I need a new Smash News source, the one I have contradicts everythin everyone else says. I thought it was everything on the 3DS revealed so far.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've heard the idea of "playable bosses" before, a leak mentioned it. Its stupid and isn't going to happen. Why have playable bosses? Just make them fully playable characters. If its "playable bosses" as in, characters who are always bosses in past games, well, Ganondorf and Bowser already fit that role anyway, so its not like that hasn't happened. But bosses in Smash Bros. that can actually be playable? Really? WHY?!

Just make them fully playable characters in their own right.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Some people want Ridley playable, some want him a Pyrosphere boss. Why not pull an Alfonzo on us? When Ridley is fighting on the Pyrosphere, a flying winged Alfonzo dragon Kraid can appear to fight. A lot of people like Kraid, so I think this is a good idea.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well if it's EVERYTHING, then they have no choice but to literally say NOTHING and waste the volume entirely (Which I doubt they'd do), or talk about Pyrosphere's most defining hazard. Which would spoil Ridley's role.

If the direct is in the first week of August, then it could be Ridley day.

EDIT: When making a character playable, yo look at how much people WANT them. Looking at how much people want them to NOT be playable is just REALLY a bad idea from every perspective.

EDIT 2: And the bosses playable on the gamepad is a huge waste and was already deconfirmed a good while back, so. I dunno why it gets brought up.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I just got an email from some random guy talking about Smash.:ness::link::cool: Should I open it?
"I am a Nigerian Prince and are best friends with Mash-potato Samurai and will show you the Super Smash Bros roster for a small investment of one million dollars"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Why would people want Ridley to be a glorified punching bag? Is it supposed to be out of spite, or do they just not know any better?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Some people want Ridley playable, some want him a Pyrosphere boss. Why not pull an Alfonzo on us? When Ridley is fighting on the Pyrosphere, a flying winged Alfonzo dragon Kraid can appear to fight. A lot of people like Kraid, so I think this is a good idea.
What if it's actually Kraid? The thing I've noticed with Pyrosphere is that it takes place after the Other M fight since it's all slashed and torn up.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why would people want Ridley to be a glorified punching bag? Is it supposed to be out of spite, or do they just not know any better?
I don't know how they could. They'd have to have not seen the direct and have no idea how Yellow Devil works.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
What if it's actually Kraid? The thing I've noticed with Pyrosphere is that it takes place after the Other M fight since it's all slashed and torn up.
If the Ridley shadow in the Direct was for a playable appearance, it may certainly be Kraid all the way. But once we get that stage hazard, we can only hope for the Alfonzo Treatment.

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
I've heard the idea of "playable bosses" before, a leak mentioned it. Its stupid and isn't going to happen. Why have playable bosses? Just make them fully playable characters. If its "playable bosses" as in, characters who are always bosses in past games, well, Ganondorf and Bowser already fit that role anyway, so its not like that hasn't happened. But bosses in Smash Bros. that can actually be playable? Really? WHY?!

Just make them fully playable characters in their own right.
Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it can't happen. This is Sakurai we're talking about. Who knows what goes on in his head?

Top Bottom