• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If my brain ain't tricking me, C. Falcon has been a hidden character in every Smash Bros to date. He was revealed before release for this one, could all the characters be announced before release for this one? (I hope not).

D

Deleted member

I'm dead right now.
I'm so happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
I would just like to peep in here and say I believe Ridley is in solely because Sakurai has hinted at him just being a stage hazard, yet they only showed his shadow and not him in his entirety. Also, that assist trophy speculation adds a lot to him too.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Switch Mewtwo with King K Rool and you got deal.
As much as I also want K.Rool to be playable, he deserves his own video.

Mewtwo is kinda a vet, Ganondorf is a vet, Ridley is the newcomer.

K. Rool can get revealed with Funky Kong :p

Ganon is still Ganondorf, so I would rather get Ghirahim or even Yuga over Pig Ganon.

Also, Beast Ganon from TP is my favorite Ganon, but he wouldn't work as a playable character, unfortunately.

Although getting a revamped Ganondorf or Ganondorf being replaced by Pig Ganon wouldn't be a bad thing in my books.
Zelda seems to be the series for multiple of the same character. We have 2 links and 2 zeldas, we need 2 ganons for the pattern to be complete!

In all honestly I think Ghirahim would be great too but I can never remember how to spell his name so I try to avoid mentioning him.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If my brain ain't tricking me, C. Falcon has been a hidden character in every Smash Bros to date. He was revealed before release for this one, could all the characters be announced before release for this one? (I hope not).
He was a starter in melee.

Now back to Ridley !

Edit : Ninja'd

Last edited:

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
You are wrong in two things:

1. She is labeled as a newcomer in the Smash official site

2. She does have a poster, it just happen to be Robin's poster as well:

Lucina is her own separate character. Perhaps a Marth clone, but not an alternate costume.
If she was an Alt. Costume, she'd still be labelled as Marth.
And also she would be called Marth by the game.
And that just won't do.
@ Reila Reila OH YES YES I'm sorry I noticed the newcomer label. I edited in in my post. And yes, I suppose she is technically sharing a poster with Robin. But like I said, the treatment she's getting is a bit unusual, you could just chalk it up with how she being introduced WITH Robin and such, but I don't know. Being the question mark in her banner, and the fact that she's so, SO similar to Marth (like SHAMEFULLY similar. Her IDLES are the same! Even Fox/Falco and Mario/Luigi didn't have that!) is making me doubt she's her own character. I'm just not convinced right now and it would make much more sense to me if she was an alt.

@SmashRiver64 I mean yes it would make sense if she was an alt she'd be labeled Marth, but like I said this could be a very ambitious alt, like they some how made her "own character" only her appareance, but still being Marth.

All this is just me theorizing. Speaking of, I wonder what happened with the leaker. I no Sal addressed that he didn't know what was up with it and messaged him back. Huh.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
We got two newcomers in one video, even if they come from the same game...
So why not the Zelda newcomer and Ridley both in the same game ? Ghirahim and Ridley together ?
We have two more videos I guess. Two newcomers remaining maybe ? If so, they MUST make a video with Ridley, and another with Mach Rider imo. Those two guys are the ones I want remaining.

(Forgot Shulk, but I'll go with the fact he is in, I don't see why he would miss the chance !)
But both the newcomers here were from the same series, so it made sense to reveal them together. Plus Lucina seems to be a clone. (Not being negative in any way, just trying to show how it's an exception)

Ghirahim and Ridley and K. Rool are all too awesome to share a video. I could see Ghirahim and ganon together, Mewtwo with any of these characters, or even Wario or Meta Knight.

In fact, I bet Wario/MK are being saved for a newcomers release video.

Also Ridley is too big to share his video

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
people said it was impossible to get two new comer in the same video but guess what XD and sakurai said we read the bottom of the new comer video ,that can mean we can get two new comer in the next video :) and last thing we can get a girahim and ganondorf video both in the same :)

that give more chance for our leader ridley
I was literally thinking that to myself before Lucina and Robin was announced. Since Charizard was revealed with Greninja, I could assume the character reveal might not just be one character. And I was right. :)

Also... so many people here on the forum. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@ Reila Reila OH YES YES I'm sorry I noticed the newcomer label. I edited in in my post. And yes, I suppose she is technically sharing a poster with Robin. But like I said, the treatment she's getting is a bit unusual, you could just chalk it up with how she being introduced WITH Robin and such, but I don't know. Being the question mark in her banner, and the fact that she's so, SO similar to Marth (like SHAMEFULLY similar. Her IDLES are the same! Even Fox/Falco and Mario/Luigi didn't have that!) is making me doubt she's her own character. I'm just not convinced right now and it would make much more sense to me if she was an alt.

@SmashRiver64 I mean yes it would make sense if she was an alt she'd be labeled Marth, but like I said this could be a very ambitious alt, like they some how made her "own character" only her appareance, but still being Marth.

All this is just me theorizing. Speaking of, I wonder what happened with the leaker. I no Sal addressed that he didn't know what was up with it and messaged him back. Huh.
To me, Lucina looks faster than Marth, and people who played as Marth said he become Roy-ish, so that means Marth changed and that Lucina is what Marth was in the previous games

Also Ridley is in at this point

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
At least the Chorus men would bring something new to the table Lucina literally offers nothing new as of right now they might change her later who knows, probably not. But that's off topic so I will just stop there.

Still a hype trailer though.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I honestly hope she's considered an alt just so we can get other character swaps like that. (Dr.Mario, Daisy, ect.)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm surprised by all the Lucina hate.

There are clones in every game. Chrom is boring story-wise Massive FE awakening spoilers below.
But Lucina is his kid who came back from the future (where the apocalypse had already happened, Grima, basically the devil, killed earth kinda) to try and change the future, and save the earth. C'mon, that's pretty awesome. Plus Robin ends up being that evil dragon. So basically we got all the coolest characters from that game. Except Gregor.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I love this reveal for several reasons.
1. The almighty Captain Falcon is back.
2. Chrom isn't playable.
3. Sal was wrong.
4. Everybody was expecting Shulk.
5. Now I really think Ridley is in.

Did I mention, Sal was wrong?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

There are clones in every game. Chrom is boring story-wise Massive FE awakening spoilers below.
But Lucina is his kid who came back from the future (where the apocalypse had already happened, Grima, basically the devil, killed earth kinda) to try and change the future, and save the earth. C'mon, that's pretty awesome. Plus Robin ends up being that evil dragon. So basically we got all the coolest characters from that game. Except Gregor.
Heh... The bold part, now that you mention it, I understand why they decided to make a cross-over of Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. :p

D

Deleted member

No one complained about Ganondorf, Roy and Falco being added, I'm happy for her supporters and it's +1 Awakening character

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
I honestly hope she's considered an alt just so we can get other character swaps like that. (Dr.Mario, Daisy, ect.)

YES. Lucina is awesome, just her fighting style (not just in Smash) is literally Marth. Chrom is a cool dude, but not a very interesting character. And Robin (while personality wise is as bland as Chrom) has much more potential moveset wise.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I think Lucina looks super cool. I understand disliking clones, but Lucina looks badass.

Much like Ridley will!

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Lucina is an alt, I don't know why people think otherwise, this should be in another thread though.
No alt has it's own section on the website, try harder next time.
3. Sal was wrong.
Did I mention, Sal was wrong?
I still doubt the leak, but he has been accurate on almost all of them.
I think Lucina looks super cool. I understand disliking clones, but Lucina looks badass.

Much like Ridley will!
Badass? Don't you mean Bigass?
:troll:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Alts don't have different taunts/idle animations, Lucina had a pic with her mask

While Lucina did have different taunts, she has the same idle animations it seems. Still enough to say she's a clone and not an alt though.

Honestly I'm fine with it. It just means Sakurai really does plan to fill the roster.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Ok, to talk about something on-topic; when do people think Ridley will be revealed? I hear sometime in August.
Last reveal before the game if he gets a pre-launch reveal at all. He's probably one of the most requested characters [citation needed], so it makes sense to save him for last. If you're going to make me put a month to it? August Direct, if there is one.

Probably at the VERY end, to keep people guessing.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The outright cruel kick to the nads Chrom fans got makes me believe that Ridley is in, seeing as Sakurai put them out of their misery quickly...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

YES. Lucina is awesome, just her fighting style (not just in Smash) is literally Marth. Chrom is a cool dude, but not a very interesting character. And Robin (while personality wise is as bland as Chrom) has much more potential moveset wise.
Yep. I can't wait to see how Robin's moves work, probably over this week or next. He seems very interesting, with different tomes and such. I've wanted a magic user from FE for so long now, this is amazing.

Hahahahaha imagine if they did an evil villain council like those smash kingdom videos xD
It could totally happen though. It's really the only way they could top this vid, honestly. At this point, I'm not even sure a video that only showcased Ridley would top my hype from the slaughter of Gematsu.

I woke up this morning whispering shulk to myself so I wouldn't be disappointed when I saw it was him (not that I dislike shulk. I just dislike surprises being ruined). When I saw the trailer, I literally cried with joy.

Heh... The bold part, now that you mention it, I understand why they decided to make a cross-over of Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. :p
Yep. I'm not sure what to expect news of first though, that game, or a new F-Zero, haha.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Deconfirmation of Chrom and confirmation of Lucina and Robin is very good news.

Not just because of the Gematsu leak but also because I think this clearly shows that they know what the fans want. Sure I've seen some Chrom supporters but Lucina and Robin were much more highly requested from what I've seen.

That, coupled with Ridley being probably the most discussed and requested newcomer in the west, I think gives Ridley a very very high chance of being playable.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
You forget Melee.
Ah, thank you for reminding me of that!
I was beginning to worry that Sakurai might actually reveal all the characters with the addition of Captain Falcon. This puts my mind at ease a bit ^^;

nessokman

Smash Lord
No alts have been different characters before, WFT is WFT, Villager is Villager, Mac is Mac.
Lucina isn't be Marth.
Lucina uses her mask, if that is a taunt, they never change taunts for alts, it is more than likely her opening animation when she is on the stage.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ah, thank you for reminding me of that!
I was beginning to worry that Sakurai might actually reveal all the characters with the addition of Captain Falcon. This puts my mind at ease a bit ^^;
Yeah. Ness and Captain Falcon went from being unlockable in 64 to starters in Melee to unlockable in Brawl and are the only characters in the series to actually switch status between games. So if Falcon is a starter again it doesn't actually mean much. :p

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I know a lot of people her hate the Gematsu leak because Ridley wasn't on it, but must we really be so aggressive to people who still think it has a bit of truth to it? This situation is extremely similar to the shadow tease in the Direct, Ridley fans of all people should know how it feels to be on the receiving end of stuff like this.

Whether you believe the leak or not is up to you, but how about we try not to divide the Smash community even further than it already is.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Lucina uses her mask, if that is a taunt, they never change taunts for alts, it is more than likely her opening animation when she is on the stage.
But a taunt would hardly make her a whole new character.
I can see her being a newcomer and just being almost a complete Marth clone, but I'm gonna need Sakurai to tell me that.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah. Ness and Captain Falcon went from being unlockable in 64 to starters in Melee to unlockable in Brawl and are the only characters in the series to actually switch status between games. So if Falcon is a starter again it doesn't actually mean much. :p
Although at this point we do have a whopping 36 characters shown, already. I guess if you subtract the 3rd parties, that's a starting roster of 33. But Sakurai said nearing the bottom of the barrel, which means we have at least one more trailer incoming, probably in August. It's kinda crazy, but we may end up with a starting roster as big as Brawl's final roster @.@

But a taunt would hardly make her a whole new character.
I can see her being a newcomer and just being almost a complete Marth clone, but I'm gonna need Sakurai to tell me that.
Her getting her own spot on the website with the words newcomer is Sakurai telling you that.
I know a lot of people her hate the Gematsu leak because Ridley wasn't on it, but must we really be so aggressive to people who still think it has a bit of truth to it? This situation is extremely similar to the shadow tease in the Direct, Ridley fans of all people should know how it feels to be on the receiving end of stuff like this.

Whether you believe the leak or not is up to you, but how about we try not to divide the Smash community even further than it already is.
I hated the gematsu leak because I dislike knowing the roster in advance and love the hype of reveals.

But you have a fair point, there was that pokemon X/Y leak which was like 85% right with one or two errors. Could be the same with gematsu. I wouldn't count Shulk or Chorus men out yet.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Oh no, I mean like... rather than saying Kihunter references Ridley because they're both in the same game, Kihunter could reference Ridley because Ridley is seen eating the honey-type-thing as Little Birdie directly afterwards, having used Samus to kill it for food. It's a more direct linking of the Kihunter Trophy to Ridley than "They're in the same game as bosses", is all~
As you stated in reply to mine, I forgot that this was the boss he drank the honey out of or I would have mentioned it in my post. Either way, Ridley's the only possible link to that trophy. I think if Anthony was in, they would have shown a GF trooper trophy.

Top Bottom