• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know a lot of people her hate the Gematsu leak because Ridley wasn't on it, but must we really be so aggressive to people who still think it has a bit of truth to it? This situation is extremely similar to the shadow tease in the Direct, Ridley fans of all people should know how it feels to be on the receiving end of stuff like this.

Whether you believe the leak or not is up to you, but how about we try not to divide the Smash community even further than it already is.
Nah, we hate it because tons of people say: GUIZ SHADDUP GEMATSU IS FINAL ROSTER AND HAS ALL CHARACTERS

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Although at this point we do have a whopping 36 characters shown, already. I guess if you subtract the 3rd parties, that's a starting roster of 33. But Sakurai said nearing the bottom of the barrel, which means we have at least one more trailer incoming, probably in August. It's kinda crazy, but we may end up with a starting roster as big as Brawl's final roster @.@
Do we know if Luigi is going to be a starter? Sakurai said that they usually never talk about Luigi before release, but they made an exception this time due to the Year of Luigi.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Do we know if Luigi is going to be a starter? Sakurai said that they usually never talk about Luigi before release, but they made an exception this time due to the Year of Luigi.
Well, Lucario, Luigi, and Toon Link were hidden characters in Brawl. We don't know about any of them at this point.

Still, we've been shown a LOT at this point. I'm pretty ecstatic.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I know a lot of people her hate the Gematsu leak because Ridley wasn't on it, but must we really be so aggressive to people who still think it has a bit of truth to it? This situation is extremely similar to the shadow tease in the Direct, Ridley fans of all people should know how it feels to be on the receiving end of stuff like this.

Whether you believe the leak or not is up to you, but how about we try not to divide the Smash community even further than it already is.
I think a Rythm Heaven Rep and Shulk are still possibilities like they were pre-gematsu.
I'm enjoying the end of the 47 + random roster tough =D

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I hated the gematsu leak because I dislike knowing the roster in advance and love the hype of reveals.

But you have a fair point, there was that pokemon X/Y leak which was like 85% right with one or two errors. Could be the same with gematsu. I wouldn't count Shulk or Chorus men out yet.
I definitely agree, I wish it never happened. At best it killed any fun when anticipating new character announcements (not to mention all of the people claiming it was the final roster). I'm so glad Sakurai has shown that it isn't completely true.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I definitely agree, I wish it never happened. At best it killed any fun when anticipating new character announcements (not to mention all of the people claiming it was the final roster). I'm so glad Sakurai has shown that it isn't completely true.
I was actually tearing up at this trailer because I was kinda convinced that the roster was ending with the gematsu leak and we were just gonna get shulk this morning. It was kinda awkward because I was in a meeting at my job haha

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Why would anyone that has looked in depth at all the hints from Sakurai and the Shadow think that the Gematsu could even possibly be the final roster? It doesn't add up.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Not sure if anyone's noticed but I saw something familiar

Look a little closer at the floor in this picture

there's a shadow

Ridley kerframed

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why would anyone that has looked in depth at all the hints from Sakurai and the Shadow think that the Gematsu could even possibly be the final roster? It doesn't add up.
The 47 character roster combined with Gematsu was killed by Lucina, it doesn't add up anymore. So yeah, that theory is officially dead actually, it's faulty to still believe in it, and 51 is looking the lowest we're going to get, which makes plenty of space for Ridley.

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Her getting her own spot on the website with the words newcomer is Sakurai telling you that.
You'd think she gets a lot of treatment for a costume, but then again she doesn't any treatment at all as a newcomer. I did explain she isn't Marth, she can't share an icon like the other costumes.

The site says veteran or newcomer depending on the language. Also, should be in her section.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Also I just noticed we've had 4 Fire Emblem characters shown

Seems kinda unlikely all 4 will be starters...

Speaking of looking at things a little closer, does Captain Falcon seem more buff than in Brawl?
He just flew in and man are his arms tired

also look at that HD gun on his belt. smexy .

You'd think she gets a lot of treatment for a costume, but then again she doesn't any treatment at all as a newcomer. I did explain she isn't Marth, she can't share an icon like the other costumes.

The site says veteran or newcomer depending on the language. Also, should be in her section.
I'm not sure what you're arguing, because you've both said you agree and disagree with the point I'm trying to make in your post.

I'm saying Lucina will have a separate slot on the character selection screen from Marth. That's all. Probably a clone, but definitely her own slot.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep its looking good

Lucina and robin slayed the sal leak

A new recent megaman pyrosphere picture which helps find his true size

So if the august direct is on the 6th and sakurai tweets it this looks like it will be it.

And i know we will get to august with no ridley in site the potds are going to be way to focus on lucina and robin and captain falcon. And ofcoarse by the other stuff.

Bongablu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bongablu
I thought my life was over when I met an odd little man named Gematsu Leak. He told me about many things. I had all but lost faith. However a shining star called Masahiro Sakurai showed me the light. And gave me faith in Ridley once more.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
But then, why is the site treating her like a veteran?
To the point where the update says that lucina is a veteran.
I didn't see a different idle or taunt though.
never seen a special rule regarding smash 4 alts being imposible to have different names or having different taunts. certainly in brawl didnt happened, but this game isn't brawl...

still , a clone or an alt, she should be considered as a bonus for Robin, since lucina probably didn't wasted much development time, so she isn't taking anybody space. the only people tat need to get mad are the ones that wanted Lucina a a separate character with different moveset.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Although at this point we do have a whopping 36 characters shown, already. I guess if you subtract the 3rd parties, that's a starting roster of 33. But Sakurai said nearing the bottom of the barrel, which means we have at least one more trailer incoming, probably in August. It's kinda crazy, but we may end up with a starting roster as big as Brawl's final roster @.@

Her getting her own spot on the website with the words newcomer is Sakurai telling you that.

I hated the gematsu leak because I dislike knowing the roster in advance and love the hype of reveals.

But you have a fair point, there was that pokemon X/Y leak which was like 85% right with one or two errors. Could be the same with gematsu. I wouldn't count Shulk or Chorus men out yet.
I think several of the known characters will be unlockable, like Luigi and Toon Link. Lucina might be unlockable as well, they just wanted to announce them all-together.

Chorus Men I would count out, I don't think they'll get in over a different Rhythm Heaven rep. I think a Rhythm Heaven rep is guaranteed, though.

And now I'm wondering if we'll get Ridley revealed before release. Hmm.

Absolutely nobody got all 7 newcomers, for being so predictable you'd think more people would get it right. But nobody did. Only him, even with the correct names of the harder ones. His tipster is legit, but his info is not 100% accurate. It will take a lot more than this to become fake.
This specific argument annoys me. Personally I had guessed every character in the leak other than chorus kids. However unlike other leakers I, like many others did not post it. Just because someone didn't post them doesn't make them unpredictable.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Remember when you were blasted for being a delusional fool for believing the Sal Leak was fake?

Those were some good times...

Anywho, I'd say my personal % for Ridley has gone from 73.78% to 83.6%.
I was blasted as a delusional fool for believing Ike was coming back. I'm now more confident than ever that Ridley is playable as well, since Sakurai's trolling is ALL OVER the place. Especially with Chrom's final line: "I guess I... miss out."

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think several of the known characters will be unlockable, like Luigi and Toon Link. Lucina might be unlockable as well, they just wanted to announce them all-together.

Chorus Men I would count out, I don't think they'll get in over a different Rhythm Heaven rep. I think a Rhythm Heaven rep is guaranteed, though.

And now I'm wondering if we'll get Ridley revealed before release. Hmm.
I always assumed Ridley would be hidden if playable, and wouldn't be shown before the release

but a lot of hidden characters seemed to have been shown

but back on the other side we're still missing like 10 vets there's no way they announce them all in 2 months

so I'm back at I don't know, like always xD

all hail Sakurai the Unpredictable.

Top Bottom