• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As much as I want to bash this, it brings up a great point.

From what I know of the FE universe(i.e. very little), Lucina and Robin were only in one game, similar to Anthony. Granted, Anthony is no where NEAR as requested as Ridley, but it's till concerning that Lucina and Robin, who were less requested than Chrom, made the cut.

What do you all think?
There is one thing you are forgetting (or unaware of): Fire Emblem Awakening is the best selling game in the series is easily the most popular. It makes a lot of sense for characters from this game to appear in Smash, even if they are "one-shot" characters.

Metroid Other M is easily one of the least popular Metroid games and the sales were nothing to be happy about (thank ****ing god), so putting Anthony Higgs, Adam or any Other M character in Smash is something I can't really see happening.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley is in for sure. Look at all the teasing, the boss hazard fake out. Sakurai is just torturing us so that we can have cake in the end.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
There is one thing you are forgetting (or unaware of): Fire Emblem Awakening is the best selling game in the series is easily the most popular. It makes a lot of sense for characters from this game to appear in Smash, even if they are "one-shot" characters.

Metroid Other M is easily one of the least popular Metroid games and the sales were nothing to be happy about (thank ****ing god), so putting Anthony Higgs, Adam or any Other M character in Smash is something I can't really see happening.
This. While it's not absolutely impossible that we'd see Anthony or something, I guess, you'd probably more likely get Rundas to promote the Prime series, because they're much more popular and well-received. I doubt Nintendo'd want to promote such a controversial game as Other M, especially not the game that kept the franchise under the water for years.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One problem: Ridley was in the
This. While it's not absolutely impossible that we'd see Anthony or something, I guess, you'd probably more likely get Rundas to promote the Prime series, because they're much more popular and well-received. I doubt Nintendo'd want to promote such a controversial game as Other M, especially not the game that kept the franchise under the water for years.
prime games and Shadow analysis

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
As much as I want to bash this, it brings up a great point.

From what I know of the FE universe(i.e. very little), Lucina and Robin were only in one game, similar to Anthony. Granted, Anthony is no where NEAR as requested as Ridley, but it's till concerning that Lucina and Robin, who were less requested than Chrom, made the cut.

What do you all think?
But look more carefully. Awakening was the most successful Fire Emblem game ever and single-handedly saved the franchise. As such it gained a massive following with many fan favorites. So to have two awakening reps is hardly surprising.

Other M is globally considered to be the absolute worst Metroid game in the series' history, and Anthony himself is only marginally popular because he's a walking meme. Certainly nothing compared to Ridley.

Bah, :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Reila

Yeah and seeing how Sakurai and Nintendo are aware of Awakening's popularity, I think it is safe to assume they are also aware of Other M's LACK of popularity and how dearly people hold traditional Metroid games and the Prime series, specially compared to Other M. So if there is a second Metroid rep, it is most likely from the side scroller games or from the Prime series.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley will make CrashBoards go down in flames (and to a lesser extent the internet).

Steelia

Smash Champion

LOOK AT THIS FOOL! LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH!
"I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available."
Soooo why say we'd be seeing Shulk if you don't know? :ohwell:

In any case, hype for the end of the Gematsu leak.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Gematsu De-bunked.
Where's your god now? >:)
RIDLEY 4 DAYZ

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Jokes aside, if Anthony Higgs gets revealed over Ridley, Smash Boards servers would not be able to hold that. No Smash Boards for an entire week.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
One problem: Ridley was in the

prime games and Shadow analysis
Just to check, if you think I'm saying Rundas is more likely than Ridley, rest assured I think Ridley is very, very likely. I'm a supporter, and I'm just saying in the event that Ridley goes down a la Chrom.

Yeah and seeing how Sakurai and Nintendo are aware of Awakening's popularity, I think it is safe to assume they are also aware of Other M's LACK of popularity and how dearly people hold traditional Metroid games and the Prime series, specially compared to Other M. So if there is a second Metroid rep, it is most likely from the side scroller games or from the Prime series.
Side scroller? Dachora confirmed! That is, if you didn't leave it to die. Like I accidentally did. :awesome:

Gosh, SmashBoards is hard to use while it's under stress. Seriously though, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

The shadow alone convinces me that Ridley isn't going down Chrom-style.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Ah, I see. I do not play FE, so I assumed Robin and Lucina are side characters or something. Needless to say, that makes me feel better, as I do not frequent any thread other than this one, so my scope of the smash-world is very narrow.

Praise be to thy band of Heroes, Captain Falcon, Lucina, and Robin the Tactician, for they have vanguished the great dread beast Gemastu on this day! With Falcon's dashing charisma, Lucina's blade, and Robin's magic, thy foul serpent has been banished to thine depths of Hell!(or suitable 'bad' afterlife of choice.)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
All hail the Trophies! All hail the Trophies!

Side note, Ridley isn't going down Chrom style, he was never built up to this extent.

Reila

zelda rep (but who???? :0 ) and metroid rep (ridley)
Ghirahim is my guess. He fits the unique quota, the villain quota, as well as the fabulous one (Smash is severely lacking on this aspect, we only have Marth and Captain Falcon as fabulous characters).

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The bad afterlife you are talking
Ah, I see. I do not play FE, so I assumed Robin and Lucina are side characters or something. Needless to say, that makes me feel better, as I do not frequent any thread other than this one, so my scope of the smash-world is very narrow.

Praise be to thy band of Heroes, Captain Falcon, Lucina, and Robin the Tactician, for they have vanguished the great dread beast Gemastu on this day! With Falcon's dashing charisma, Lucina's blade, and Robin's magic, thy foul serpent has been banished to thine depths of Hell!(or suitable 'bad' afterlife of choice.)
about is. . . DIS. . . CON. . . FIRMED

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
On that day it is said that Wariofan1's faith in Ridley grew 3 times.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Guess the Monolith retweets

Because changing a character from playable to a final Smash was a last minute decision, there's no way he can justify that change. No easy task, 2 mascot characters and popular requests?

Hopefully we can look forward to new reveals without the worry if they're part of Sal's leak list

Guess the Monolith retweets
G

Only Ghirahim and Ridley remain, let the blessing rain down from the heavens.
If Midna is only a assist there's no way in hell Ghirahim would get a spot as a playable character. There's also so many other characters have have made multiple appearances, Impa, Vaati, pig ganon.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The Trophy Quiz thing again? Why are some of you bring it back now?
Wasn't it already generally accepted that we were getting a Fire Emblem newcomer anyway?
I don't need some silly hypothesis like that to be confident in Ridley.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just to check, if you think I'm saying Rundas is more likely than Ridley, rest assured I think Ridley is very, very likely. I'm a supporter, and I'm just saying in the event that Ridley goes down a la Chrom.

Side scroller? Dachora confirmed! That is, if you didn't leave it to die. Like I accidentally did. :awesome:

Gosh, SmashBoards is hard to use while it's under stress. Seriously though, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

The shadow alone convinces me that Ridley isn't going down Chrom-style.
No, but I pointed out that Ridley was in the prime games and MUCH more popular than Rundas, Chrom's case is different as he also debuted in Awakening yet he wasn't as popular as Lucina or Robin

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
No, Lucina is her own separate character.
I'm very unsure about that... She looks to me like a very ambitious alternate skin. She may have her own box on the site, but she's not labeled a newcomer, nor does she have a poster. Her introduction line ends with a question mark. And her moves and animations (so far) seem to match Marth EXACTLY, which is a bit much for a clone. I honestly think she's an alt costumes.

EDIT: Scratch some of that, she IS labeled "newcomer", but it's still weird, she's being given different treatment...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The fact that his source ****ed up with the second leak is not Sal's fault, let's not take it out on the messenger. I'm for one grateful he shared the news with us, even if everything isn't true with it I was still able to steel myself for Pac-Man and Miis, not to mention feeling so much joy over it not being infallible.

Reila

The Trophy Quiz thing again? Why are some of you bring it back now?
Wasn't it already generally accepted that we were getting a Fire Emblem newcomer anyway?
I don't need some silly hypothesis like that to be confident in Ridley.
The trophy quiz has been accurate so far. Since it was shown in the Smash Direct, two of the "hinted" characters were confirmed.

Ridley is IMO a given at this point, there is only the Zelda newcomer which we don't know who might be (but I suspect it is Ghirahim or Impa).

Asiacrasia

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else noticed that Lucina's intro banner has a question mark in it

Lucina Wakes her blade?!

Meanwhile Robin and I believe every other newcomer has only an exclamation point.

Couple that with the other suspicions about her being a clone and things are looking weird

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm very unsure about that... She looks to me like a very ambitious alternate skin. She may have her own box on the site, but she's not labeled a newcomer, nor does she have a poster. Her introduction line ends with a question mark. And her moves and animations (so far) seem to match Marth EXACTLY, which is a bit much for a clone. I honestly think she's an alt costumes.

EDIT: Scratch some of that, she IS labeled "newcomer", but it's still weird, she's being given different treatment...
If she was an Alt. Costume, she'd still be labelled as Marth.
And also she would be called Marth by the game.
And that just won't do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The fact that his source ****ed up with the second leak is not Sal's fault, let's not take it out on the messenger. I'm for one grateful he shared the news with us, even if everything isn't true with it I was still able to steel myself for Pac-Man and Miis, not to mention feeling so much joy over it not being infallible.
Then why did Sal and the leaker say Shulk was today? If you claim it will happen and then it doesn't there are no excuses

Reila

You are wrong in two things:

1. She is labeled as a newcomer in the Smash official site

2. She does have a poster, it just happen to be Robin's poster as well:

Lucina is her own separate character. Perhaps a Marth clone, but not an alternate costume.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
You dont get 7 newcomers out of blind luck. Sal's tiptster is legit, but his info is definitely old, not 2 months old, very old.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
No, but I pointed out that Ridley was in the prime games and MUCH more popular than Rundas, Chrom's case is different as he also debuted in Awakening yet he wasn't as popular as Lucina or Robin
I know he was! My main argument was that if we were to get a newcomer that wasn't Ridley or an Other M one, it'd probably be a Prime 3 Hunter like Rundas. There's no way it isn't make or break for the franchise with Ridley, but the likes of Rundas would probably be the next best well-received character after him.

Top Bottom