• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Okay guys I got it all together.

Chrom = Final Smash for Robin.

What does this mean?

Gematsu can be questioned and there's non gematsu characters.

What does that mean?

Ridley is playable.

D

Deleted member

Robin and Gematsu dead is the best thing I could ever ask "I'm no ordinary swordsmen" <--Sakurai knows how people hate them

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Gematsu has been destroyed with the plasma ray from Ridley and the Falcon Punch combined.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
THIS IS GREAT THIS HELPS RIDLEY EVEN MORE

ROBIN IS NOT ON THE SAL LIST AND CHROM DECONFIRMED AND LUCINA IS IN.

IN YOUR FACE 47 ROSTER GUYS.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Part of me is almost really sad Gematsu is dead... I really wanted Chorus Men ;-; BUT RIDLEY IS ON HIS WAY SO WHO CARES?!?!

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Ridley confirmed in my eyes, Gematsu is finally dead. I regret ever believing that bs Can not wait so see what the "leaker" says. I am so happy right now

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Honestly killing gematsu is the second best thing they could have done.

and Robin? I'm ecstatic

And I can still keep my hope for Riddles

Iddis

Smash Apprentice

And Lucina has cut down the Gematsu Leak (as portrayed by Luigi) Also this helps so many characters out! Ridley in August here we come.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, July 16th is my birthday! Dead Gematsu, HD Falcon Punch and Robin are the best thing I could ask from Sakurai! I'm really sure that Ridley is playable now and the roster may be bigger than we thought

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, Sal just has outdated information. You need to just get over it, it's the final roster. No Ridley for you.:troll:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I change my mind. Forget everything I said until now. Today makes me see the light. I was a Robin supporter at the very beginning, then came the Gematsu leak that brought me to the shadows. Thinking it was 100% accurate.
Now that today has come, the character I wanted from the start finally came. And now I think Ridley is in despit all the things I said before.
Ridley for sm4sh.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Does no one find it deliciously ironic that Chrom was already defeated before the trailer started? Surely I'm not the only one?

I change my mind. Forget everything I said until now. Today makes me see the light. I was a Robin supporter at the very beginning, then came the Gematsu leak that brought me to the shadows. Thinking it was 100% accurate.
Now that today has come, the character I wanted from the start finally came. And now I think Ridley is in despit all the things I said before.
Ridley for sm4sh.
Welcome aboard! Glad to see the change of mind.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Man, I was elated as hell the moment I saw Robin pull the hood. Mainly because it confirmed that it wasn't Shulk, and whereas I kinda want Shulk (not because I know anything about Xenoblade, he just looks like he'd be cool), I'm just chuffed as bloody chips that Sakurai ran Gematsu through with the blade of Lucina.

I find it gut-bustingly hilarious that people are still trying to defend Gematsu after that trailer.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yep, so much info dropped on us, so much backlash on "leaked" info now. Will have to see whats next under Sakurai's sleeve.

As much as Chrom being a character would have been ok, I'm glad Lucina got her time to shine. (Yay, more females ^^)

As for Ridds, I hope he gets confirmed soon enough, as we're closing in on new characters.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley for sm4sh.
Welcome, dron't drink the water.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
On a side note, a lot of mixed views on miiverse, my favorites being Ridley related ones just asking where Ridley was then on the other side how the Gematsu Leak is some how still alive and true, because, and I quote "It's possible that the person who received the leak thought of Lucina as Chrom or that Sakurai just changed production to make a Marth Clone" and supposedly us Ridley supporters grasp for straws, lol

Edit: I think we are all over looking the fact that that video is only 2:52 we need 8 more seconds of awesomeness! lol

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
This story shall be passed down generations, as the day the Sal/Gematsu leak was defeated.

Still annoyed the big reveal was a Fire Emblem rep, but I guess we got 2 new characters (including a gender swap for one), as well as Captain Falcon Confirmed to be back (which wasn't that big of a surprise).

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
THEY HANDLED IT SO WELL. I mean if they're gonna pick an FE character, Robin for uniqueness, Lucina for a costume/clone?, and Chrom for the final smash! THEY GOT ALL THE POSSIBLE NEW FE CHARS IN. And in doing that, kicked Gematsu in the nads, and opened the floods gates for possibly Ridley, and many others. FANTASTIC.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
GEMATSU IS DEAD, GEMATSU IS DEAD, IT IS BACK ON THE TRASH CAN WHERE IT BELONGS, HAHAHAHA, Chrom confirmed to be part of Robin's final smash, Lucina and Robin are newcomers, Captain Falcon confirmed, the 47 characters theory is crap now
This makes me even more confident about Sakurai's decision's and about Ridley, King K Rool and Mewtwo, oh and a zelda newcomer, this makes me less confident about Shulk though, but anyways, this makes me wonder a few things
-If Captain Falcon was inmediately confirmed, then, Why wasn't Mr Game and Watch confirmed too in the e3?
-There is a photo of Captain Falcon on the blue falcon with an arwing following him, Is that part of the opening?
- The biggest question is the leak, Does this mean that the 2nd part of the leak was made up?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, I think I can say that Ridley is all but confirmed to be playable at this point.

This is seriously the best day ever right now.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Isn't Lucina just a pallette swap of Marth?

She has no artposter like all newcommers do. Her square isn't as big as robin's and she has the EXACT same moves as Marth.

Which means that FE takes 3 character slots:
- Ike
- Marth/Lucina
- Robin

Which means MORE characters and more Ridleychance <333333333333333

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We need to celebrate this victory of the greatest enemy of our time, even more so than toobigots. (This reminds me of how Sauron was defeated before Saruman)

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Gematsu dying makes me happier than any other possible outcome. Except for, of course, Ridley. Now, all we have to do is wait for August (hopefully the 6th, my birthday.) And also, I can be excited for Shulk again! Now that Shulk being confirmed wouldn't help Gematsu, I can be happy if he's confirmed!One thing I'm confused about though, is Lucina a palette swap costume or a clone? Only time will tell...

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Isn't Lucina just a pallette swap of Marth?

She has no artposter like all newcommers do. Her square isn't as big as robin's and she has the EXACT same moves as Marth.

Which means that FE takes 3 character slots:
- Ike
- Marth/Lucina
- Robin

Which means MORE characters and more Ridleychance <333333333333333
No, Lucina is her own separate character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can be surprised again! And I thought I was surprised with Mega Man and Greninja, Robin was my #2 after Wonder-Red deconfirmation, but I thought he had no chance because Gematsu

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
So... 1 unique FE rep, 1 Marth clone, Captain Falcon, Chrom as a final smash, and more Pyrosphere without Ridley...
Can somebody say Gematsu Deconfirmed?

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I can't lie I though Robin looked pretty boring and Lucina better be a costume cause she looked identical to marths moveset.
As for Ridley I'm expecting him in August, and still hoping for over 50 characters.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Also the trophy theory just gained a whole bunch of credibility, I am pretty sure that Robin and Lucina are connected to Tiki in FE:A right? At least more than Chrom.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
No, Lucina is her own separate character.
Proof? Counterarguments against my arguments? She's a newcommer that's for sure and she might have her own classic-mode ending etc. But I'd figured she's the same as Kuma/Panda in Tekken. I really think she's sharing the same slot as Marth.

Top Bottom