• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I find every Gematsu newcomer boring, but Shulk actually interests me because I'm hyped for X and I like miscellaneous franchises

Btw, I think someone mentioned The Quarter Guy being a Ridley supporter some 20-50 pages back, could someone clarify me on this?
QG said this
Sakurai will reveal a new character for the new smash monday morning. Your three bets?
ezmeragon
Shulk, FREAKING Shulk, and…

Oh yeah. Ridley.

Proof: Tumblr

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Oh hey I'm back from the 28th death world! Only one hour until a newcomer. How fantastic...

Personally, I'd be happy if anyone but Shulk got revealed. Something about him just pisses me off to the point where I hate him...

or if anyone but the Sal Leak newcomers.

Actually, correction, I'd be happy if a set group of potential newcomers was revealed in which has been predetermined by me to be the only 2 newcomers worth supporting....Which is basically King K. Rool and Ridley.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh hey I'm back from the 28th death world! Only one hour until a newcomer. How fantastic...

Personally, I'd be happy if anyone but Shulk got revealed. Something about him just pisses me off to the point where I hate him...

or if anyone but the Sal Leak newcomers.

Actually, correction, I'd be happy if a set group of potential newcomers was revealed in which has been predetermined by me to be the only 2 newcomers worth supporting....Which is basically King K. Rool and Ridley.
If ya say so Sailor Skull!

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If all the leaked characters and Rosalina & Luma are all that's it to the newcomers list, and Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo and any highly requested characters don't make it in, then I'm going to be disappointed. Disappointed that only 1 character was a surprise and not in the leak, disappointed that the likes of Chorus Men and Wii Fit Trainer got in rather than Ridley, and disappointed that Sakurai made Samus and her zero suit form the only reps for Metroid, when it really needed another rep aka Ridley =/

D

Deleted member

Have this for the next hour
A little off-topic, but this is my favorite track from the game:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
That pony was a profile pic that I accidentaly copied with me, the only brony here is Dalek kolt
Well that's an unreasonable assumption. Some people like yours truly also happen to have a liking for radiantly coloured equines.
But this is the Ridley thread. So uh, Ridley Ridley something about size Ridley.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well that's an unreasonable assumption. Some people like yours truly also happen to have a liking for radiantly coloured equines.
But this is the Ridley thread. So uh, Ridley Ridley something about size Ridley.
My mistake, but I said that because Dalek kolt was the only one who I could tell, so my apologies

Also, I swear, if Sakurai hints at Ridley in this trailer(or confirms him) I will go bat&^%$ insane, just like with the megaman reveal

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I hate every single character from the gematsu leak except male WFT lmao.

Bring me Ridley and Black shadow !!!!

Last edited:

Obsidorox

Smash Rookie
It would be nice to have someone not from the gematsu leak be revealed. If it's correct, I'm not eager to add a 3rd fire emblem sword wielding character into the game. Shulk is at least from a different series, but Chrom? Meh. Chorus men while obscure would at least be... well different.

Still hoping Ridley shows up in 45 minutes despite how unlikely.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...What?! Inevitably? Just because someone told you? Its unofficial information and it is from one of the thousands "leaks". Is there any proofs like actual images, videos or audio files that could confirm that? No? Then it is not 100% true.
It will be "inevitably" only when Nintendo/Sm4sh developers/Sakurai will confirm that. Until then, we can`t be sure that will happen.
Dude, Sal's source has gotten every newcomer confirmed thus far (sans Rosalina) right before they happened.

Dude, he's the real deal. Just like the Brawl 39 character leak, this one is 100% legit. Sal knows his stuff.

He's not some random guy, either. He runs Gematsu, and leaked the ENTIRE UMVC3 roster.

It's real. Accept it or refuse to accept the truth.

And if you doubt leaks, the entire Melee and Brawl roster were leaked before release.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well....just some minutes and the truth will be shown.....hopping for the best for Ridley.....

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm partial to the optional boss theme.
EDIT: oops, I got the wrong theme!
I like this one too, but The Defender has a sort of epicness thing going on it, after all, Black Knight is your rival.
To stay on-topic: Black Knight is Shovel Knight's Ridley

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dude, Sal's source has gotten every newcomer confirmed thus far (sans Rosalina) right before they happened.

Dude, he's the real deal. Just like the Brawl 39 character leak, this one is 100% legit. Sal knows his stuff.

He's not some random guy, either. He runs Gematsu, and leaked the ENTIRE UMVC3 roster.

And if you doubt leaks, the entire Melee and Brawl roster were leaked before release.
Um...100% legit? For now, it isn't and it will be only after all of its newcomers and other things mentioned in it will be confirmed.

About Brawl and Melee rosters getting leaked before release - well, could you give me links to those leaks posted before this games' official releases in both Japan, Europe and USA? Then i will believe that information, but it won`t change my opinion on current leaks because they are still not fully confirmed. I accept leaks only when it is impossible to not accept them without being an idiot similar to toobigots.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
todays pic of the day though. :/ i feel like this is meaning something else....like the rabbids in smash...no please no.

31 minutes to go guys :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Right before they happened? No, he got half of them wrong. Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac were supposed to be at E3 2013, Greninja is not a legit example because he didn't know it was actually Greninja (anyone could guess Pokemon From X/Y, and many did), of course lack of Rosalina, and none of the new announcement for E3 2014 came true except getting Mii Fighter's name right. He knows some of the info, but not everything. And he sure as hell doesn't know when characters are going to be announced.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey guys, I'm glad to be apart of this thread and support Ridley for a character and hope for the best for him. With the reveal of Rayman's trophy, I honestly haven't a clue who will be announced. Can't wait to see. ^^

P.S - Looks like its about to start, GET READY GUYS!

D

Deleted member

I'm listening to the theme of death, Ridley is the Cunning God of Death, Ridley confirmed

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm glad to be apart of this thread and support Ridley for a character and hope for the best for him. With the reveal of Rayman's trophy, I honestly haven't a clue who will be announced. Can't wait to see. ^^

Welcome!, and do not drink the water

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know why everyone is hyped, we know it's Shulk and I don't think there is a single Shulk supporter here

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

I think the fact that Ubisoft specifically made a 3D model of Rayman for Smash is both hilarious and sad...

However, glad to see you supporting the Space Pirate cause!

I don't know why everyone is hyped, we know it's Shulk and I don't think there is a single Shulk supporter here
The possibility it isn't Shulk is what excites me.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Right before they happened? No, he got half of them wrong. Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac were supposed to be at E3 2013, Greninja is not a legit example because he didn't know it was actually Greninja (anyone could guess Pokemon From X/Y, and many did), of course lack of Rosalina, and none of the new announcement for E3 2014 came true except getting Mii Fighter's name right. He knows some of the info, but not everything. And he sure as hell doesn't know when characters are going to be announced.
if i remember correctly, at the Roundtable for Smash Brothers, Sakurai explained that they saved an open spot for an X and Y pokemon. they chose Greninja based on the early designs. perhaps sal saw greninja and didnt know what he was

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Rayman. Rayman threw all of our expectations out the window. That's the LAST thing we expected to see today. Hell, I didn't even think we'd GET a Pic of the Day because the newcomer would replace it.

if i remember correctly, at the Roundtable for Smash Brothers, Sakurai explained that they saved an open spot for an X and Y pokemon. they chose Greninja based on the early designs. perhaps sal saw greninja and didnt know what he was
And he also confirmed that they chose Greninja well before X/Y, mostlikely over a year before the game come out. They would've known the name of the Pokemon at that point.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am a Shulk supporter and I am pretty sure there are more supporters among the 34 people viewing the thread.

D

Deleted member

Rayman. Rayman threw all of our expectations out the window. That's the LAST thing we expected to see today. Hell, I didn't even think we'd GET a Pic of the Day because the newcomer would replace it.
The last thing I expected was a Pyrosphere pic, but whatever

Top Bottom