• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I woke up this morning, as usual checking miiverse site using my phone (the very first thing I do when I wake up)
"Rayman".. Hmm.. I thought to myself, "okay" then I put the phone away. And just like in the movies i realised at that point - RAYMAN? Coming to think of the comic I find it extremely hilarious that out of all choices Rayman was shown, hah..

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well, i'm leaving for vacation for a week in a few minutes and won't have internet. I HOPE RIDLEY IS REVEALED! GOOOD LUCK PEEPS!!!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm not sure what to think right now and there's still 3 hours left

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would use my magical speculating powers from last time, but when my sister's favorite video game character of all-time is the PotD, I got nothin'.
Y'know, unless Rayman is playable.
They made Phosphora into an Assist Trophy, after all.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait.
What if this IS hinting at something?
...What if a Rabbid is playable.
Oh no...
EDIT:
Wait. Again.
Rayman.
Rrayman.
Rrrrrrrrrayman.
RRRRRIDLEY.
SAKURAI YOU SONOFAGUN I LOVE YOU.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
R-ayman
R-ildey.
I'M SEEING THROUGH YOUR TRIX, MASAHIRO SAKURAI.
TRIX R 4 KIDZ.

D

Deleted member

Guys, calm down, Sal just said Shulk is going to be revealed, if he isn't, the Dark Times of Gematsu will end

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
If the Gematsu leak is legitimate (which, if you doubt it's chances would make you literally uneducated in the concept of probability), that makes Ridley's chances already almost narrowly non-existent.

What if it is?
No one wants you Gematsu freaks in here.

Morbi

Scavenger
If the Gematsu leak is legitimate (which, if you doubt it's chances would make you literally uneducated in the concept of probability), that makes Ridley's chances already almost narrowly non-existent.

What if it is?
Or perhaps we are even more competent in regards to probability as we are aware of the notion that there is a chance, based on probability, that the leak is indeed incorrect. As it is not objective, the law of total probability indicates that it might not be "legitimate." Unless you mean if we just blatantly disregard the chance, in that event, you would be correct.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And i'll just say that i don't even know why exactly everyone thinks it is Shulk and not someone else. And that i don`t believe in leaks until they are 100% proven, but even then leaking information is not a good thing. At all.
1. It ruins the surprise.
2. There is idiots believe in them too much and then we are getting annoyed by them*.
3. Leaking information is just not allowed for obvious reasons.

* - "Idiots" =/= All of those who believe this leaks. "Idiots" = All of those who believe this leaks without any doubts and then tell us that is is 100% true and that there is nothing else other than what is in those leaks.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well hey if you watch all he newcomer videos so far that's a good 20 minutes for you

Morbi

Scavenger
And i'll just say that i don't even know why exactly everyone thinks it is Shulk and not someone else. And that i don`t believe in leaks until they are 100% proven, but even then leaking information is not a good thing. At all.
1. It ruins the surprise.
2. There is idiots believe in them too much and then we are getting annoyed by them*.
3. Leaking information is just not allowed for obvious reasons.

* - "Idiots" =/= All of those who believe this leaks. "Idiots" = All of those who believe this leaks without any doubts and then tell us that is is 100% true and that there is nothing else other than what is in those leaks.
I agree with your definition of "idiot," it reminds me of the "toobigots" that would objectively claim their perspective true without any feasible evidence.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
This reveal today proves to me that we'll be getting more than the gematsu 3, because hidden characters.
Can't wait for gematsu deluxe leak or whatever they decide to call it, then have people say it's not as legit as the orginal Sal leak because it's false

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Freeza or Summoned Skull you guys!!! Ridley?!?? Ew he has no chances whatsoever and he's not in Gematsu as well!

<3

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Welp, T-Minus 2 hours. The update is hilarious. I almost had a stroke when I saw the trophy. I like, kinda hope Rayman is the character now, just to mess up everyone's roster, and because here at the Ridley thread, we've totally been talking Rayman lately, lol. (Andrea's comics)

I have a meeting at 9 that lasts 1.5 hours, so I'll watch the vid at 10:30...

SPECULATION

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Gematsu leak was basically proven to be accurate, but outdated and likely not all the information will end up fully correct. That said, of all the remaining leaked newcomers, there's literally nothing against Shulk's inclusion, while there's plenty to doubt both Chorus Men and Chrom.

The general theory is that the leak was the original at-one-time-planned starting roster, so it would make sense the characters will be announced before release. Shulk was extremely popular, and E3 proved that X is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. Plus X appears to also be connected to the extended Xeno universe (Xenoblade Chronicles never was). All that, then we got Xenoblade developers retweeting the announcement, further solidifying the notion.

I personally hope that Shulk isn't today's reveal. I just think he is.

Welp, T-Minus 2 hours. The update is hilarious. I almost had a stroke when I saw the trophy. I like, kinda hope Rayman is the character now, just to mess up everyone's roster, and because here at the Ridley thread, we've totally been talking Rayman lately, lol. (Andrea's comics)

I have a meeting at 9 that lasts 1.5 hours, so I'll watch the vid at 10:30...

SPECULATION
I was hyperventilating by the Rayman announcement. HOLY ****... wow...

Top Bottom