• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
GAHHEMMSCTYSGQN,MÙ6Ç343.%@@,]NSNSN/??,=,???????????

I don't know what to think of this?

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I don't see it meaning anything, but then who knows. The idea of Ubisoft getting a rep after withholding a Wii U game Im not a fan of, but at least it would not be Shulk, so it would at least a suprise, heh.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

DID UBISOFT REP JUST GET CONFIRMED
I doubt it, I think it confirms third-party trophies are a thing though. Basically, Nintendo will be able to show off third-parties that have a major presence on Nintendo titles as a sort of way to honor third-parties that have stuck with them. Granted, Ubisoft did delay Rayman for Wii U, but at least they didn't cancel it all-together. :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 18121

I'm just as surprised as you are.

So what does this mean for your Ridley and Rayman comic?

EDIT: :4greninja:'d
I can berely breathe right now.....I....I don't know...what I'm.....going to do with that comic....It could end Rayman falling inconcious after cutting himself with the Hidden Blade....and Ridley....just watching....as the Assassins come for his aid....and....I WILL JUST PASS OUT....!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I can berely breathe right now.....I....I don't know...what I'm.....going to do with that comic....It could end Rayman falling inconcious after cutting himeself with the Hidden Blade....and Ridley....just watching....as the Assassins come for his aid....and....I WILL JUST PASS OUT....!
Just breath, be calm, just breath and push....

AndreaAC

Just breath, be calm, just breath and push....
I'm trying...but that pic....came so suddenly!...with something I never thought possible! I mean....when I did the Rayman and Ridley comic....well, it was just....random! I love them both! but I never thought I would see something from Ubisoft on Smash bros.!

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
This seems a bit odd, I never expected Sakurai to just post a random PotD with a 3rd party character, especially one that hasn't been revealed as a playable character.

This is probably him trolling again, but it kinda also shows that maybe we could get a non-Gematsu character reveal *cough*like Ridley *cough*.

We can only hope.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm hyperventilating right now. Holy **** that came out of nowhere. ANOTHER possibility I've thought of, although its fairly unlikely, is maybe Nintendo bought the rights to Xenosaga secretly and we'll get KOS-MOS instead, but I find it doubtful. Still, I'm excited for the prospects of what this character might be again. I mean, Sakurai is clearly trolling us with this Rayman trophy. Ridley hope we get someone that's not Gematsu now...

AndreaAC

You know....thank you for telling me....I'm a bit easy now...still taking some deep breathes...if you didn't I would have got a heart attack...literally....well, Monday didn't suck as I expected...at least because of this surprise...now...I only need Ridley....and....getting my heart ready....

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Honestly, I fully expect Rayman to be playable in Smash 5.

ALSO
RIDLEY

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So third-party trophies are a thing now... HOLY ****! I think at this point we can guarantee that even if Snake isn't playable this time his trophies will be back...
If we get Snake as a trophy back but not as a character, that'll just give fans more reason to be salty about his omission IMO, like with Mewtwo's trophy in Brawl.

And poor poor Andrea. ;_;

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we get Snake as a trophy back but not as a character, that'll just give fans more reason to be salty about his omission IMO, like with Mewtwo's trophy in Brawl.

True that. I suppose you're right. The only thing I could see is maybe they didn't feel like Snake fit well in Smash Bros. so they cut him. But for Mewtwo's trophy, he was just unfinished.

AndreaAC

I mean....I would have loved to have the hero of my childhood playable in Smash....but I never thought it would be possible to have him in the game in any sort of way (Ubisoft is french...Nintendo is japanese)...but seeing that it at least got a trophy....it is something I'm really happy about.....I will call it...a beginning...and maybe in Smash 5 he could be playable...just like Ezio in Soul Calibur V....Now, like I said, I only need Ridley now....

Exegguter

Smash Lord
You know....thank you for telling me....I'm a bit easy now...still taking some deep breathes...if you didn't I would have got a heart attack...literally....well, Monday didn't suck as I expected...at least because of this surprise...now...I only need Ridley....and....getting my heart ready....
No problem. It's the first thing that came to my mind haha :D.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When was he ever deconfirmed? Sakurai never mentioned Ness as a Lucas replacement and Ness was a secret character in a prior game. That's not even close to the Ridley situation.
It's very close.

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

"up until now"

That's straight form this link on the Brawl Dojo.

Nearly everyone read it as Ness is deconfirmed. I cannot stress how many people thought Ness was deconfirmed.

Heck, more people probably thought Ness was deconfirmed than Ridley was initially. It was pretty bad too. Nintendo got thousands of emails a day from MOTHER and Ness fans expressing their disdain for it, to go along with their letters demanding MOTHER 3 coming out internationally.

I was one of the few who held out and said Ness isn't for sure cut. However, even I saw Ness' chances as bleak, despite small signs of the opposite that were gradually rolled out over time. In fact, I gave in and admitted Ness was definitely gone, ironically the week of Ness was confirmed via a Nintendo trailer accidentally confirming Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario (thus also confirming that 39 character Brawl roster leak we had for months was real).

It's very close to the situation, because like that situation we've been given the scenario that the character we want is probably out.

That character is the underdog.

It's fantastic marketing, really. It makes you cheer for them more.

Everyone loves watching an underdog win. That's part of why Mango had so many more cheers last year at EVO running through the loser's brackets a lot time rather than this year where he ran through the winner's bracket without any real opposition until roughly the Top 8. The odds were stacked against him. We love seeing the odds overcome. It's what makes those stories so great.

I know Ness being "an underdog" to return made me value Ness in Brawl and in Smash more after that situation. It made me feel more attached to him as a playable character. It made me appreciate him more. Heck, it made me appreciate the veterans returning more.

It makes you realize how easily swayed we are by these updates and by Sakurai. It's as if this is a wrestling match, and Sakurai is the heel (the bad guy being a jerk to the babyface and thus making us want to see them kick his face in harder), these characters are the babyfaces (we root for them and desperately want to see them win because we identify with them and see them as "just"), and we are the audience.

It's quite a dynamic... one that gets complex the more things go on without reveals.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's very close.

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

"up until now"

That's straight form this link on the Brawl Dojo.

Nearly everyone read it as Ness is deconfirmed. I cannot stress how many people thought Ness was deconfirmed.

Heck, more people probably thought Ness was deconfirmed than Ridley was initially. It was pretty bad too. Nintendo got thousands of emails a day from MOTHER and Ness fans expressing their disdain for it, to go along with their letters demanding MOTHER 3 coming out internationally.

I was one of the few who held out and said Ness isn't for sure cut. However, even I saw Ness' chances as bleak, despite small signs of the opposite that were gradually rolled out over time. In fact, I gave in and admitted Ness was definitely gone, ironically the week of Ness was confirmed via a Nintendo trailer accidentally confirming Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario (thus also confirming that 39 character Brawl roster leak we had for months was real).

It's very close to the situation, because like that situation we've been given the scenario that the character we want is probably out.

That character is the underdog.

It's fantastic marketing, really. It makes you cheer for them more.

Everyone loves watching an underdog win. That's part of why Mango had so many more cheers last year at EVO running through the loser's brackets a lot time rather than this year where he ran through the winner's bracket without any real opposition until roughly the Top 8. The odds were stacked against him. We love seeing the odds overcome. It's what makes those stories so great.

I know Ness being "an underdog" to return made me value Ness in Brawl and in Smash more after that situation. It made me feel more attached to him as a playable character. It made me appreciate him more. Heck, it made me appreciate the veterans returning more.

It makes you realize how easily swayed we are by these updates and by Sakurai. It's as if this is a wrestling match, and Sakurai is the heel (the bad guy being a jerk to the babyface and thus making us want to see them kick his face in harder), these characters are the babyfaces (we root for them and desperately want to see them win because we identify with them and see them as "just"), and we are the audience.

It's quite a dynamic... one that gets complex the more things go on without reveals.
Brawl Ness = Wii U Snake and Ridley?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gonna say a couple of things. First of all, Sal doesn't know jack! Second, Ridley is a gender neutral name, so yay. Third, I only said Raydley as a joke, Sakurai must have recognized my ability to piss people off *cough*Andrea*cough* and finally: Still don't think it's Shulk

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Gonna say a couple of things. First of all, Sal doesn't know jack! Second, Ridley is a gender neutral name, so yay. Third, I only said Raydley as a joke, Sakurai must have recognized my ability to piss people off *cough*Andrea*cough* and finally: Still don't think it's Shulk
You're right, Sal doesn't know jack, but his leaker knows at least some information. I really do hope we get Ridley here, but I doubt it.

D

Deleted member 245254

If the Gematsu leak is legitimate (which, if you doubt it's chances would make you literally uneducated in the concept of probability), that makes Ridley's chances already almost narrowly non-existent.

What if it is?

AndreaAC

You are pretty lucky I was in shock and nealy without air because of the surprise....if not..I would ne ranting right now about the Raydley thing....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If the Gematsu leak is legitimate (which, if you doubt it's chances would make you literally uneducated in the concept of probability), that makes Ridley's chances already almost narrowly non-existent.

What if it is?
I don't believe Gematsu for a few reasons, the leaker couldn't predict Rosalina, and mentioned an 'internal debate' with the character roster. He also mentioned day one DLC or something like that.

And it it IS Shulk I would be happy because of how much people want him

D

Deleted member 245254

I don't believe Gematsu for a few reasons, the leaker couldn't predict Rosalina, and mentioned an 'internal debate' with the character roster. He also mentioned day one DLC or something like that.

And it it IS Shulk I would be happy because of how much people want him
A leak is not a prediction. All he did was relay information. Him not mentioning Rosalina doesn't invalidate that most of the information he provided so far has been correct.

He also never said anything about day one DLC.

Seems like you need to get more informed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A leak is not a prediction. All he did was relay information. Him not mentioning Rosalina doesn't invalidate that most of the information he provided so far has been correct.

He also never said anything about day one DLC.

Seems like you need to get more informed.
A day before E3 2014, Romano received another email from the leaker. The leaker continued to claim that Miis, Pac-Man, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Kids would be playable, while not implicating any new characters, but also stated that there are plans for post-launch character DLC, and that there was internal debate about keeping either Ness orLucas, with the latter being "likely to get the cut".

yes, I admit of doing goof with day 1, but still, If you are going to yap about certain characters, why not yap about all of 'em?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, lovely, Zipzo is back. And people wonder why we hate Gematsu zealots and the leak in general. Its not about the leaked characters, its about people who believe the leak ****ting all over support topics stating there's no other characters left but Gematsu despite the evidence to the contrary and the fact that the leak is in of itself flawed and is not only quite clearly not 100% accurate, but its also extremely outdated.

Believe Ridley isn't playable if you wish, you can believe whatever you want about any character, but this isn't constructive at all. I'd certainly like to see the evidence where the leak stated that not only does he know all the newcomers, but that there won't be any secret newcomers in the game either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh, lovely, Zipzo is back. And people wonder why we hate Gematsu zealots and the leak in general. Its not about the leaked characters, its about people who believe the leak ****ting all over support topics stating there's no other characters left but Gematsu despite the evidence to the contrary and the fact that the leak is in of itself flawed and is not only quite clearly not 100% accurate, but its also extremely outdated.

Believe Ridley isn't playable if you wish, you can believe whatever you want about any character, but this isn't constructive at all. I'd certainly like to see the evidence where the leak stated that not only does he know all the newcomers, but that there won't be any secret newcomers in the game either.
Why is Zipzo Bad again?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason characters like Rosalina weren't part of the Gematsu leak, like maybe there was a out cry that made them add her as a last minute character [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The Ronolab rumor said Snake would come back... as a trophy. Thus going with 3rd parties only getting trophies. For now it's one of the rumors I find more believable with Gematsu leak.
However, while the Salromano rumor doesn't say Ridley is or not playable, the Ronolab leak says Ridley is a boss and Karate Joe are in instead of Chorus Kids.
For now I'll enjoy the 14th of July with Family and pray for Rayman getting more.

Vive la République, vive la France... et vive Rayman !

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Ronolab rumor said Snake would come back... as a trophy. Thus going with 3rd parties only getting trophies. For now it's one of the rumors I find more believable with Gematsu leak.
However, while the Salromano rumor doesn't say Ridley is or not playable, the Ronolab leak says Ridley is a boss and Karate Joe are in instead of Chorus Kids.
For now I'll enjoy the 14th of July with Family and pray for Rayman getting more.

Vive la République, vive la France... et vive Rayman !
I found out about Raiden being in, and seeing Snake as a trophy but Raiden playable won't be right (yes I believe Raiden is in)

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I found out about Raiden being in, and seeing Snake as a trophy but Raiden playable won't be right (yes I believe Raiden is in)
Raiden in Smash makes no sense, I can buy Snake being in because of the relationship, and he's been on the Nintendo console. But not only has Raiden never been on a Nintendo console at all, he was in Playstation All-Stars, which could be considered a rival to Smash Bros.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Raiden in Smash makes no sense, I can buy Snake being in because of the relationship, and he's been on the Nintendo console. But not only has Raiden never been on a Nintendo console at all, he was in Playstation All-Stars, which could be considered a rival to Smash Bros.
I know that his chances are very unlikely but remember when Raidens VA said he voiced him for smash? And that he meant Playstation All-Stars? That's a lie as he did no voice acting in that game, and the fact Kojima is a bigger troll than Sakurai

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know that his chances are very unlikely but remember when Raidens VA said he voiced him for smash? And that he meant Playstation All-Stars? That's a lie as he did no voice acting in that game, and the fact Kojima is a bigger troll than Sakurai
No, he said he was referring to motion capture (Langdon does both voice acting AND motion capture). And motion capture wasn't credited in Playstation All-Stars.

But that's besides the point, this has nothing to do with Ridley, a character whom I very much DO think is playable in the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No, he said he was referring to motion capture (Langdon does both voice acting AND motion capture). And motion capture wasn't credited in Playstation All-Stars.

But that's besides the point, this has nothing to do with Ridley, a character whom I very much DO think is playable in the game.
I know he claimed he did motion capture, but because he said voice acting makes it strange but oh well!

Also, I still stand to the fact Ridley won't be revealed until August, if he doesn't make it in there, I will lose a smidge of hope

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know he claimed he did motion capture, but because he said voice acting makes it strange but oh well!

Also, I still stand to the fact Ridley won't be revealed until August, if he doesn't make it in there, I will lose a smidge of hope
He never said he did voice acting to begin with. He said he "played" Raiden. That's it. The people he was interviewing were a voice acting based news media, but that doesn't mean anything. He was asked a question of franchises he wanted to do things for, and he mentioned he played Raiden and simply mistook Playstation All-Stars for Smash Bros. (which people do all the time).

As for Ridley in August... That's the mostlikely choice for him, but maybe that's what Sakurai wants us to think. Either way, if Ridley isn't mentioned at all before release, I'll fully believe he is playable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He never said he did voice acting to begin with. He said he "played" Raiden. That's it. The people he was interviewing were a voice acting based news media, but that doesn't mean anything. He was asked a question of franchises he wanted to do things for, and he mentioned he played Raiden and simply mistook Playstation All-Stars for Smash Bros. (which people do all the time).

As for Ridley in August... That's the mostlikely choice for him, but maybe that's what Sakurai wants us to think. Either way, if Ridley isn't mentioned at all before release, I'll fully believe he is playable.
Either way, we should stop talking about Raiden, otherise IsmarR could do bad things, and it IS unlikely Ridley isn't playable at this point, everything we got from Sakurai proves there is a 98% chance of our dragon finally being palyable

domokl

Smash Lord
So we got three sides for who's getting revealed tomorrow. Shulk rayman or some other character. Ridley might be reveales but I personally think its either shulk or rayman in a few hours

Top Bottom