• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So... 1 unique FE rep, 1 Marth clone, Captain Falcon, Chrom as a final smash, and more Pyrosphere without Ridley...
Can somebody say Gematsu Deconfirmed?
Wait, did I miss a new pyrosphere screenshot?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
My throat still hurts. The second, and I mean the second Lucina showed her beautiful face I laughed for at least half a minute because one, it wasn't Shulk and Sakurai tricked us all, and two, she immediately killed that horrendous leak along with Robin.

'Tis a great day for character supporters across the board.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
theres
Yeah, guys, Ridley in August, BELIEVE IT!

Not only did they debunk Sal's latest leak, they debunk the remaining Gematsu newcomers PERIOD! Plus they picked the BEST newcomer rep for Smash Bros. Sakurai, I forgive you, I seriously forgive you, THANK YOU!
still a rhythym heaven rep in smash run

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I totally called that today would be Fire emblem based. Though Lucina threw me for a loop.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I gotta ask... what exactly went down with the Gematsu leak and why is there so much flack with it? I haven't paid to much attention to it myself but I like some feedback about it.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Proof? Counterarguments against my arguments? She's a newcommer that's for sure and she might have her own classic-mode ending etc. But I'd figured she's the same as Kuma/Panda in Tekken. I really think she's sharing the same slot as Marth.
Proof that she shares a slot with Marth? Aside from the fact she wields a sword and has a similar build, she does not take after Marth in much respects. Marth fights with a fighting style similar to a one handed rapier, with slower, more forceful strikes, while Lucina appears to use more of swift blade-storm style.

I'll hand it to you they do look similar, and it may prove they share the same slot, but Lucina appears a lot lighter than Marth, as well as more aerial inclined. Of course, I've only seen 10-12 seconds of her fighting in Smash, but she is different enough from Marth to constitute her own slot.

In addition, Sakurai seems to be leaning towards moving characters away from accompanying the same slot.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I gotta ask... what exactly went down with the Gematsu leak and why is there so much flack with it? I haven't paid to much attention to it myself but I like some feedback about it.
No Chrom. Gematsu listed him.

No Shulk today. Sal Romano said: ''have fun with my boy Shulk''.

<333333333333333333333333333333

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
I'm still a little confused why Sakurai DID choose Lucina over Chrom. Don't get me wrong, it was the best thing ever, and I love all of it, but WHY? The best I can think is Sakurai wanted more female characters, and Lucina fits that perfectly.

Edit: And I'm about to go to a camp this week. Amazing sendoff.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Proof that she shares a slot with Marth? Aside from the fact she wields a sword and has a similar build, she does not take after Marth in much respects. Marth fights with a fighting style similar to a one handed rapier, with slower, more forceful strikes, while Lucina appears to use more of swift blade-storm style.

I'll hand it to you they do look similar, and it may prove they share the same slot, but Lucina appears a lot lighter than Marth, as well as more aerial inclined. Of course, I've only seen 10-12 seconds of her fighting in Smash, but she is different enough from Marth to constitute her own slot.

In addition, Sakurai seems to be leaning towards moving characters away from accompanying the same slot.
She's basically Roy's replacement it seems. She does share some of Marth's moves minus fire elements, only she looks floaty/faster then Marth (which explains why he's slower then Melee/Brawl from what I've heard).

But this is the Ridley thread lest we forget, so more Metroid talk!

Exegguter

Smash Lord

- No Artposter (like all the newcommers Robin got one as well)
- Small box like a veteran. Robin's box is big.
- She even stands still the exact same way Marth does (same fighterstance). Same: uair, forward b combo, spotdodge, uair, upb etc.

Looks like a Kuma/Panda thing to me.

I'm still happy she's in tho for the fans :D. But if she shares the same spot with Marth it means FE got 3 reps on the roster which means more characters and more chance for Ridley.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm still a little confused why Sakurai DID choose Lucina over Chrom. Don't get me wrong, it was the best thing ever, and I love all of it, but WHY? The best I can think is Sakurai wanted more female characters, and Lucina fits that perfectly.
Pretty much this. I have no problems with Lucina's inclusion, but I am indeed puzzled why Sakurai chose Lucina over Chrom when I heard Chrom was more wanted then her. Still, I'm glad she was chosen thou. ^^

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
During Lucina's gameplay, we saw more Pyrosphere. No giant space pirate to be seen.
Ah, I see.

Also, was I the only one who when Lucina said, "What is this power", expected Ganondorf to be standing there instead of Captain Falcon? Still awesome either way, and Ridleys chances only looks better now. :D I better finish that plushie before his reveal!

Xhampi

Smash Lord
So one more to the list :
-Boxing Ring -> Little Mac
-Mario Galaxy Stage -> Rosalina
-Palutena's Temple -> Palutena
-Arena Ferox -> Robin & Lucina

Now its time for :
Pyrosphere -> Ridley

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
- She even stands still the exact same way Marth does (same fighterstance). Same: uair, forward b combo, spotdodge, uair, upb etc.

I'm still happy she's in tho for the fans :D. But if she shares the same spot with Marth it means FE got 3 reps on the roster which means more characters and more chance for Ridley.
-The artists probably didn't have the time to make artwork for both Lucina and Robin. Also, Lucina is featured in Robin's art, directly below him. She even takes up more space than him.
-So? Arbitrary boxes are arbitrary. Not everyone can have an arbitrary big box.
-There are only so many ways you can hold a sword. In addition, Lucina was likely trained in the same pseudo-european-medieval style as marth.

I'm standing by the fact that Lucina is her own slot. She's likely a clone, however. I guess we won't know until the game drops. Nevertheless, I will be sure to try her and Robin out.

As for why pick Lucina over Chrom...Programming ease? I dunno, you guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
She's basically Roy's replacement it seems. She does share some of Marth's moves minus fire elements, only she looks floaty/faster then Marth (which explains why he's slower then Melee/Brawl from what I've heard).

But this is the Ridley thread lest we forget, so more Metroid talk!
As much as this saddens me, I do think she is basically the new Roy. But oh well. *crys*

Anyways, lets indeed get back to Ridley before a mod gets in here.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I see.

Also, was I the only one who when Lucina said, "What is this power", expected Ganondorf to be standing there instead of Captain Falcon? Still awesome either way, and Ridleys chances are only looks better now. :D I better finish that plushie before his reveal!
That would of been cool, I'm still holding out for Ganondorf to be the veteran reveal in Ridley's trailer though.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I never believed any of the Sal or Gematsu leaks anyways, but what about this foul-mouthed leaker? I think that leak may be the last one to be debunked, but I'm disappointed in general at this video. 2 new FE characters giving them 4 reps and Falcon who was bound to be confirmed at any point. Good news for anyone supporting a character not on the leaks though (K Rool, Ridley, Paper Mario, King Boo, etc)

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
With the Sal/Gematsu leak proven fake Ridley now has nothing to keep him from being in this game as playable.

Praise be to Lord Ridley

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
-The artists probably didn't have the time to make artwork for both Lucina and Robin. Also, Lucina is featured in Robin's art, directly below him. She even takes up more space than him.
-So? Arbitrary boxes are arbitrary. Not everyone can have an arbitrary big box.
-There are only so many ways you can hold a sword. In addition, Lucina was likely trained in the same pseudo-european-medieval style as marth.

I'm standing by the fact that Lucina is her own slot. She's likely a clone, however. I guess we won't know until the game drops. Nevertheless, I will be sure to try her and Chrom out.

As for why pick Lucina over Chrom...Programming ease? I dunno, you guess is as good as mine.
I disagree BUT I'm not going to discuss this further in this thread I'll continue this discussion in the Lucina thread once that's opened.

I really do hope she shares a spot though so there's room for more characters :D

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

it says newcomer on her page though

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:) Well, it wasn't what I was expecting, but the fact that the "leak" has burn down in Hell and the little surprise from Ubisoft, I'm happy still, so, I will wait for Ridley again....but with a little smile on my face....

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
So one more to the list :
-Boxing Ring -> Little Mac
-Mario Galaxy Stage -> Rosalina
-Palutena's Temple -> Palutena
-Arena Ferox -> Robin & Lucina

Now its time for :
Pyrosphere -> Ridley
Pyrosphere -> Anthony Higgs. I can see it, Anthony Higgs defeating Pyrosphere boss (Ridley) in the next reveal video. RIP Ridley Fans. #RememberMe #YouGotNoStyle

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
So if July 15th is the Anniversary of Fire Emblem: Tharcia and New Mystery of the Emblem or something, and Little Mac was revealed around the Punch Out! anniversary, does this mean August will be what we think it is?

In Japan, the reveal happened an hour before midnight on the 14th.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just gonna leave this here. I love this thread.
Please don't kid like that. I was actually thinking Ridley could get shafted just like Chrom did when I saw that.

*New Trailer Reveal* Sees (insert Other M character) standing in front of Ridley on the ground hurt, as (insert Other M character) gets revealed.

Ridley: I'll have my chance... next time. *Faints*

Sakurai: Nupe, you'll get him this time. *Show Ridley as (insert Other M character)'s Final Smash.

:(

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ridley's chances are as good as ever, now that the Gematsu leak (the second part of it) was proven fake. I am so happy. :D

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
So many site crashings :dizzy:

ANYWAYS! THE FALSE PROPHET (SAL) BEEN SLAIN!:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

REJOICE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

ALL HAIL THE SAL SLAYER ROBIN!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IN RIDLEY WE BEIEVE!!!!!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Pyrosphere -> Anthony Higgs. I can see it, Anthony Higgs defeating Pyrosphere boss (Ridley) in the next reveal video. RIP Ridley Fans. #RememberMe #YouGotNoStyle
As much as I want to bash this, it brings up a great point.

From what I know of the FE universe(i.e. very little), Lucina and Robin were only in one game, similar to Anthony. Granted, Anthony is no where NEAR as requested as Ridley, but it's till concerning that Lucina and Robin, who were less requested than Chrom, made the cut.

What do you all think?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

From what I know of the FE universe(i.e. very little), Lucina and Robin were only in one game, similar to Anthony. Granted, Anthony is no where NEAR as requested as Ridley, but it's till concerning that Lucina and Robin, who were less requested than Chrom, made the cut.

What do you all think?
Anthony will never be prioritized over Ridley, and Robin and Lucina are VERY popular main characters with a HUGE fanbase

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

What do you all think?
Robin and Lucina were both more requested than Chrom. Chrom was just expected is all.

Top Bottom