• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Flawed and stupid? Oh please, you have be utterly ******** to believe "Ridley Haters" have flawed and stupid logic. It actually makes perfect sense. In a direct, under OTHER BOSS CHARACTERS WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE, and Ridley's shadow is shown, CLEARLY hinting that HE is the boss character in which they are referencing. Sorry that I have basic logic in my brain. I'm not saying he's entirely impossible, but I think its absolute ignorance and stupidity to not see the logic in believing Ridley isn't playable. Stop covering your eyes and blinding yourself to the evidence of his non-playablity, and accept the fact that he most likely WON'T be, or atleast accept that it isn't "flawed and stupid" to believe so, and actually makes great sense. On top of that I don't think a downsized playable Ridley would be an accurate representation or portrayal of his character, is that flawed and stupid?
Mind giving us a example of a character in a similar situation that was teased like Ridley and was proven not to be playable?

Little Mac was teased with the boxing ring, was a assist trophy in Brawl which some people couldn't see him been promoted to being playable, was he playable? yes

Palutena was was teased with her statue on a stage, and was even mention as watching over the battlefield, which I thought could have implied she was watching over like how she's shown in the start of on reveal trailer watching Pit and Zelda Link fight each other, and the main thing I remember her for in Kid Icarus Uprising is the banter Pit and her have, which could have been implemented into Smash by her commentating on the battle, which could have been unique for that stage. But nope she's playable.

I know I'm beating a dead horse but so are you, Sakurai wouldn't be this shady about a character like Ridley if he wasn't playable, and you should know by now he's either direct and to the point, (directly confirming characters like Dillon or Waluigi as assist trophies), or he likes playfully teasing us about things (which so far has never ended in tears).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not going to put much stock into either side. I do still hope Ridley is playable. Personally I'd rather wait and see what role Ridley has. At face value, it seems like he's confirmed as a boss character. But Sakurai's been known to tease and screw around with this kind of stuff, so who's to say for sure?

Also, this thread can be weird.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Actually, a lot of people (including myself) thought that the fact that the boxing ring stage being a generic smash bros stage and not a punch out stage disconfirmed little mac because if he was playable then the boxing ring stage would be a punch out stage, and as we now know, I along with many others were pleasantly proven wrong. As far as the palutena one however, I agree with you. I don't know why people keep bringing that up. That post only hinted at a statue of palutena being part of a stage, and in no way could have been percieved the same way Ridley's supposed deconfirmation was. But why is the zss argument stupid?
Because she is confirmed seconds later? There was absolutely no time for speculation. The situation is ENTIRELY different. The only thing it can be used to analyze is Sakurai's behavior, and even then, it lasts only a few seconds. Also once again I'd like to mention that I am not a "Ridley Hater" nor do I care if he's playable or not, I'm just saying the notion that it doesn't make sense to believe he's not playable (like myself), is ignorant.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
EXACTLY, you hit the nail on the head. Maybe calling him ******** wasn't the best approach but I feel I did not present myself poorly, the insults in my logic were insulted beforehand, therefore justifying a return approach.
except when he said it it wasn't directed at a specific person, and just meant as venting to people that share the same opinion. I don't think he meant to actually insult anyone, where as you came in and specificly targeted the people you were adressing. That said, there might still be a chance to turn this around and have an intellegent disscussion rather than a flame war like every other time a detractor comes in here so I suggest that Both Sides stop with the insults and be polite so that this can be a good thing instead of a bad thing. Because let's be honest, not much is happening here. I'd rather have a good debate than 50 more flame war pages.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've only called a single person ********, but if I have to explain it. I will. Pikachu is clearly a confirmed character, unless you are completely blind and ignorant to everything smash bros. then you would not believe pikachu is the "boss character" in the shot and I can't even begin to comprehend how this could even be thrown into my face as something to argue. Yes, we see charizard alongside other Pokeball Pokemon, but wait, only to see him confirmed to be playable SECONDS later. Please, make better comparisons and not completely irrelevant and illogical ones. (Not sure if that was your post but js')
You do realize that's one time too many if you want to have a serious conversation, right? As much as you apparently believe otherwise, people not agreeing with you isn't grounds to make personal attacks.

And the issue is, showing Ridley when "boss characters" are mentioned is not solid evidence. As I have said before. We have no evidence that the shadow and "other boss characters" are related, but we do have evidence that they by no means NEED to be related.

And of course that doesn't account for context OR circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think its ******** to believe he will be playable, I do, in fact, believe its ******** if you refuse to see the logic in believing he is not playable.
I understand your viewpoint and the frustration of dealing with so many others who don't share the mindset, but throwing around the word ******** and double posting are really not helping your case.

Morbi

Scavenger
How hard is our evidence though? We have the size of a shadow from a light source we don't know how acts, not to mention we don't know how high up in the air Ridley is. That and we just assume Sakurai is a funny and good guy. I don't think that's hard enough evidence to call the other side stupid, in fact I think they have better evidence in their favor, having Ridley presented under the boss category in the Direct is one thing, but his absence from the Gematsu leak is also another heavy hitter. Basically any non-Gematsu character is hanging on the thin straw that is "He didn't mention Rosalina", which can easily be explained, and on top of that Ridley hangs on an even thinner straw.

I mean, c'mon, I like when people are optimistic about his chances as it gives me a bit of hope too, but let's not pretend we have anything conclusive at all. Even then I still think there's enough in favor of Ridley to not completely write him off either, so it kind of hits a gray area imo.
I actually believe that I do have conclusive (definitive) evidence pertaining to his inclusion as a playable character. That is precisely the reason why I bet my account on Ridley, I do not regret it in the slightest and as time passes the premise that he is playable becomes more apparent, more evident, and more overt. I already explained it once before; however, I do not wish to illuminate the notion once again. Logic is on our side whereas evidence is on their side. It is a simple concept and I do believe that I have chosen correctly.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I actually believe that I do have conclusive (definitive) evidence pertaining to his inclusion as a playable character. That is precisely the reason why I bet my account on Ridley, I do not regret it in the slightest and as time passes the premise that he is playable becomes more apparent, more evident, and more overt. I already explained it once before; however, I do not wish to illuminate the notion once again. Logic is on our side whereas evidence is on their side. It is a simple concept and I do believe that I have chosen correctly.
Out of curiosity, what is your evidence? I don't need convincing, persay, I'm pretty happy with my size charts, I'm just wondering.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
The one thing I am almost completely positive about is that Ridley (or some form of him) is a Boss Character on the Other M stage. It is mentioned several times the stage has a boss character and it is clearly Ridley, there was really no reason not to show him because we know. Now, here. Whether this effects his playability or not is all for speculation and argument. I wouldn't count him out yet. But the flaw in most peoples logic and arguments of Ridley being playable, assumes that someone else could be the boss character or hazard, which I see as very unlikely. Why can't he be both? Now if more people argued with this viewpoint it would be easier to make sense of, because at this point who else besides another form of ridley could be the hazard on the stage?

D

Deleted member

You know, i should probably bet my account, even if there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that he isn't playable, I won't be here when the flame war starts

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You do realize that's one time too many if you want to have a serious conversation, right? As much as you apparently believe otherwise, people not agreeing with you isn't grounds to make personal attacks.

And the issue is, showing Ridley when "boss characters" are mentioned is not solid evidence. As I have said before. We have no evidence that the shadow and "other boss characters" are related, but we do have evidence that they by no means NEED to be related.

And of course that doesn't account for context OR circumstantial evidence.
Actually I don't agree with this argument. The two were clearly meant to be linked together. If they weren't, and it was just an unrelated statement and the shadow of a playable character, It would have made just as much sence to put Chroms shadow there (assuming gematsu is true). We have far better arguments than this on our side.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Tell me about bets.

I bet an eaten hat on Reddit that Mewtwo would be playable. People began holding me to my word, and I went the whole hog and also said Ridley was playable.

Sad thing is, I'm more nervous about Mewtwo.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, if I want to find your explanation, does that means that I have to search for it?

Because I'm REALLY curious about what you rely on. I said earlier that now, the only evidence I have for the side I'm advocating which was the best I could found is frankly unreliable. That E3 one I had though was pretty good but it's broken now so... what is it?

You have more than 10k posts and there's a good amount that should have the word "ridley" in them so searching would be kind of a nightmare.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You know, i should probably bet my account, even if there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that he isn't playable, I won't be here when the flame war starts
Eh what do flame wars matter anyway? i mean we are supporting a character getting in a video game we enjoy, if he doesn't make it in (wich i find unlikely) i don't think anybody should be full of himself if their stance ends up being correct, i guess an ideal scenario would be nobody flaming each other for an opnion in something so trivial, but sadly i guess that's just not how the internet works.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Actually I don't agree with this argument. The two were clearly meant to be linked together. If they weren't, and it was just an unrelated statement and the shadow of a playable character, It would have made just as much sence to put Chroms shadow there (assuming gematsu is true). We have far better arguments than this on our side.
Thisx20 lol, that's why its hard for me to take supporters seriously because so many of them base their argument off the idea that he is not a boss in that appearance. Because if that is the case, then who is the boss on that stage? I don't see how it can be anyone but ridley or some other form of him. Now like I mentioned earlier, this doesn't exactly have to affect his playability or deconfirm him by any means.

D

Deleted member

The one thing I am almost completely positive about is that Ridley (or some form of him) is a Boss Character on the Other M stage. It is mentioned several times the stage has a boss character and it is clearly Ridley, there was really no reason not to show him because we know. Now, here. Whether this effects his playability or not is all for speculation and argument. I wouldn't count him out yet. But the flaw in most peoples logic and arguments of Ridley being playable, assumes that someone else could be the boss character or hazard, which I see as very unlikely. Why can't he be both? Now if more people argued with this viewpoint it would be easier to make sense of, because at this point who else besides another form of ridley could be the hazard on the stage?
There is also no reason to not show him or not say his name

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Tell me about bets.

I bet an eaten hat on Reddit that Mewtwo would be playable. People began holding me to my word, and I went the whole hog and also said Ridley was playable.

Sad thing is, I'm more nervous about Mewtwo.
Mewtwo seems like the frontrunner for DLC imo, I guess you could cheat and say that counts :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's not a thing you can disagree with. The possibility of them not being related is and always was possible. Melee's own opening proves it. Most top 10s or countdowns on the internet prove it. Why mention something and show something unrelated? Who knows. But it happens.

You can disagree with whether or not this was relevant to this incident, of course, since we don't actually know if the two things ARE related. We only know that it's possible that they AREN'T. That was never not a possibility.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm completely up for another Sm4sh Direct to reveal possibly 2-3 chars and a few features before the game drops. What I'm not up for is if they do what they did for the Mario Kart 8 Direct and show off a completely underwhelming roster and announce it's the final roster, with no sign of character DLC in sight.

For example, if they announce that all of the newcomers we know currently (:4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4mii::4palutena::4pacman::rosalina::4villager::4wiifit:) along with the Gematsu Leak Newcomers are
all of the newcomers that we're getting, I'm going to be upset. It just feels like it's missing something. Sm4sh is most likely the one game Nintendo is riding on to boost WiiU sales. It's their "big game" of 2014. August is Nintendo's last chance to shock everybody before the game is released and all information is leaked online. That being said, who do you think they'll reveal if they do have a dedicated direct?
I agree with everything you said & in August i think we will get Shulk....(-_-)

I have already moulded my mind that Gematsu is all we are getting plus if we do get more but its not Ridley or K Rool i couldnt careless.

Im now more involved/hoping that Ganondorf gets major buffs and is alot better & Falcon abit better too along with Mewtwo returning with a different or major buffed same moveset.

Im hope that even this aint too much to ask.

I dont think Ridley or K Rool will be playable & i have accepted it.

RealTalk (SadTalk....) :(

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
When was it mentioned several times that there would be a boss on it? With the reveal of the stage, Sakurai hinted at Ridley and some people thought he meant as a stage hazard, but other than that I don't know what you're talking about. It has never been flat out stated that there would be a boss on pyrosphere.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
The Pyrosphere was never actually stated to have a boss. Anyway, here's that reposing I mentioned, courtesy of @SchAlternate:
http://smashboards.com/attachments/fdf-png.17256/
Almost small enough to be playable just like that.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's not a thing you can disagree with. The possibility of them not being related is and always was possible. Melee's own opening proves it. Most top 10s or countdowns on the internet prove it. Why mention something and show something unrelated? Who knows. But it happens.

You can disagree with whether or not this was relevant to this incident, of course, since we don't actually know if the two things ARE related. We only know that it's possible that they AREN'T. That was never not a possibility.
If the statement and picture weren't related, then why was Ridley's shadow even there? The difference between the two instances is that the "20 characters" thing was someone talking over a trailer, which was not made for that video, and the statement happened to line up with Ridley being on screen. In the second instance, The video clips were specificly recorded for what sakurai was saying, but I shouldn't even have to point that out, because even if you take out the voice, it still shows Ridley's shadow whith the text "other boss appearances".

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Eh what do flame wars matter anyway? i mean we are supporting a character getting in a video game we enjoy, if he doesn't make it in (wich i find unlikely) i don't think anybody should be full of himself if their stance ends up being correct, i guess an ideal scenario would be nobody flaming each other for an opnion in something so trivial, but sadly i guess that's just not how the internet works.
It did matter for me and I wasn't targeted.

After that April direct, there was a lot of talks about saying from one side to the other to be "in denial". The problem I have is that I can prove that technically, it's 50/50 from the start and it moves according to your opinion. So, instead of being able to tell that either side should be considered, I needed to constantly bring the same points to tell how ambiguous it was to prove that not anyone was "in denial". I think I ended up repeating the quote evidence like 3 times. This of course becomes annoying so that's why I waited a month to tell what I tough (and it was pretty long).

I mean it's annoying when a person like me could've been called in denial when I can tell that the point the other is trying to prove has 50% to happen. It's only lower for me because opinion but the same goes for the other side so I don't see why it's uneven.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If the statement and picture weren't related, then why was Ridley's shadow even there? The difference between the two instances is that the "20 characters" thing was someone talking over a trailer, which was not made for that video, and the statement happened to line up with Ridley being on screen. In the second instance, The video clips were specificly recorded for what sakurai was saying, but I shouldn't even have to point that out, because even if you take out the voice, it still shows Ridley's shadow whith the text "other boss appearances".
You're misunderstanding me.

We have no proof that the image and the statement are related. If we did, then Ridley would be confirmed to be a boss. Because the shadow and the statement would be linked, by as little as a statement as "such as this" or something.

We have evidence that they do not HAVE to be related. That it is possible that they AREN'T. Because there are plenty of instances where what is said and what is shown don't actually line up even though it would "make sense".

At no point did I say "this obviously means they're unrelated", I'm saying that it's evidence that they aren't 100% guaranteed to be related. Which at this stage isn't a thing that can actually be disagreed with. It can only be disregarded.

And the CGI was not CREATED for the advertisement. But the fact of the matter is, they edited and pieced together the footage in the advertisement and put the words over it. From the outside it can be taken to be equally deliberate.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've thrown out the possibility of Sakurai being truthful in his words after Phosphora was confirmed as an Assist Trophy, despite earlier being shown off as just a trophy. "Boss Character" can be twisted however you like.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

What about this case?

Taken From:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF0MG-Oxw

Though in this picture she appears in game, which is clearly a assist trophy not just another trophy

Taken from:
http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/palutena.html

So what's the point of this? Well just like Sakurai toyed with the word trophy, and showing a normal trophy which seemed to give the appearance she was just going to be a collectable, the picture above clearly shows she's an assist trophy.

Like me and others have stated, Sakurai in the case of Ridley's shadow appearing on Pyrosphere and saying bosses appear on other stages, could be him toying with the word Boss, as Ridley is a boss in the Metroid series, even if he's not a boss in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You're misunderstanding me.

We have no proof that the image and the statement are related. If we did, then Ridley would be confirmed to be a boss. Because the shadow and the statement would be linked, by as little as a statement as "such as this" or something.

We have evidence that they do not HAVE to be related. That it is possible that they AREN'T. Because there are plenty of instances where what is said and what is shown don't actually line up even though it would "make sense".

At no point did I say "this obviously means they're unrelated", I'm saying that it's evidence that they aren't 100% guaranteed to be related. Which at this stage isn't a thing that can actually be disagreed with. It can only be disregarded.

And the CGI was not CREATED for the advertisement. But the fact of the matter is, they edited and pieced together the footage in the advertisement and put the words over it. From the outside it can be taken to be equally deliberate.
I think I was misunderstanding. I thought you meant that Ridley's shadow was just part of the video and Sakurai's statement just happened to overlap with it by random chance. That's also what I meant about the 20 characters thing in that since the voice was not part of the original video, It's possible that it WAS just chance that they overlapped. I get it now. Sorry!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think I was misunderstanding. I thought you meant that Ridley's shadow was just part of the video and Sakurai's statement just happened to overlap with it by random chance. That's also what I meant about the 20 characters thing in that since the voice was not part of the original video, It's possible that it WAS just chance that they overlapped. I get it now. Sorry!
It's fine. I try to make myself more clear when I say things but I guess it doesn't always work. xD

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
People making assumptions/looking too deeply based off of vague comments/pre-release screenshots is nothing new.

"There's no way R.O.B. will be playable, he's already shown as an enemy in the SSE."

While I don't necessarily think Sakurai's intentionally going out of his way/misleading us that hard, I can definitely see a case similar to Bowser, where he's still technically a boss character and playable. In other words, there's no way to be sure of anything until the fat hazards sing.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
By the way, is anyone else curious about why we haven't actually seen any other boss characters so far? Aside from the Yellow Devil and maybe the Dark Emperor and Ridley, we haven't heard or seen anything about other boss characters that will be in this game, despite other boss characters being hyped up in the Direct. There's been a remarkable amount of silence regarding the matter.

Personally, I think it may be because the "boss" they used to tease other boss characters was Ridley, and it would be rather odd to hint at a Ridley boss and then officially reveal some entirely different boss character first. The teasing Ridley's received makes him the front runner in terms of bosses to be revealed, and revealing any other boss before him would probably drive Ridley supporters towards further insanity. Of course, that goes back to the question of why boss Ridley hasn't been revealed yet. It makes me wonder if the reason we haven't seen boss Ridley or any other boss character is because there is no boss Ridley to reveal, and because Sakurai realizes how strange it would be to show off some other boss before Ridley after all the teasing Ridley has received.

I suppose that's mostly pure speculation, though.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thisx20 lol, that's why its hard for me to take supporters seriously because so many of them base their argument off the idea that he is not a boss in that appearance. Because if that is the case, then who is the boss on that stage? I don't see how it can be anyone but ridley or some other form of him. Now like I mentioned earlier, this doesn't exactly have to affect his playability or deconfirm him by any means.
The quote in the Direct was "Other boss character appearances."

You know who else is a boss character and makes an appearance in the game? Bowser. Does he appear on Pyrosphere? Yes. Does that mean he's a boss character on that stage? No. If you also rewatch the direct, Ridley's shadow clearly jumps at the beginning. Most bosses don't jump for the heck of it and with Ridley being airborne the entire time, it wouldn't make sense for him to jump like that if he was a boss, and he also moves painfully slow for a boss, like a guy you could annihilate in seconds. It would be awful if he was just a slow-moving boss hazard, which is a demotion from Brawl. Granted, I'm not in any way 100% certain that he's playable, but Sakurai's been very ambiguous about Ridley, and I feel that if he was a boss hazard, we would have seen him then and not just his shadow. If he is, Sakurai's been absolutely cruel to Ridley fans for no reason. Why tease him for so long if he's just a boss hazard? And who wouldn't want a Ridley Amiibo?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
By the way, is anyone else curious about why we haven't actually seen any other boss characters so far? Aside from the Yellow Devil and maybe the Dark Emperor and Ridley, we haven't heard or seen anything about other boss characters that will be in this game, despite other boss characters being hyped up in the Direct. There's been a remarkable amount of silence regarding the matter.

Personally, I think it may be because the "boss" they used to tease other boss characters was Ridley, and it would be rather odd to hint at a Ridley boss and then officially reveal some entirely different boss character first. The teasing Ridley's received makes him the front runner in terms of bosses to be revealed, and revealing any other boss before him would probably drive Ridley supporters towards further insanity. Of course, that goes back to the question of why boss Ridley hasn't been revealed yet. It makes me wonder if the reason we haven't seen boss Ridley or any other boss character is because there is no boss Ridley to reveal, and because Sakurai realizes how strange it would be to show off some other boss before Ridley after all the teasing Ridley has received.

Here's a thought; If Ridley is both a boss and a character, why hide away the boss version?

In my opinion, there is no boss Ridley, and the whole "Clone of Ridley" argument is just wishful thinking for fans to play as Super Metroid Ridley.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Here's a thought; If Ridley is both a boss and a character, why hide away the boss version?

In my opinion, there is no boss Ridley, and the whole "Clone of Ridley" argument is just wishful thinking for fans to play as Super Metroid Ridley.
I agree with you, but what exactly does that have to do with what I said?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

There's also Twinrova on SSB3DS' Gerudo Valley and Kamek on SSBWiiU's Mushroom Kingdom U. However, these bosses aren't like Yellow Devil and (possibly) Dark Emperor where you fight them as stage boss hazards, they are moreso the catalysts that cause stage hazards to appear. Twinrova causes fires and the bridge collapsing to happen, whereas Kamek transforms the stage and stage hazards (Urchin, Nabbit) appear on the respective "level". However, none of the bosses that we've seen so far generate as much hype or have a fan following like Ridley. Nor do they have requests to be a playable character. Ridley would be the only "boss character" worth hyping, other than King K. Rool of course (for newcomers). Hopefully both Ridley and King K. Rool will join the other playable boss characters on the roster.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
There's also Twinrova on SSB3DS' Gerudo Valley and Kamek on SSBWiiU's Mushroom Kingdom U. However, these bosses aren't like Yellow Devil and (possibly) Dark Emperor where you fight them as stage boss hazards, they are moreso the catalysts that cause stage hazards to appear. Twinrova causes fires and the bridge collapsing to happen, whereas Kamek transforms the stage and stage hazards (Urchin, Nabbit) appear on the respective "level". However, none of the bosses that we've seen so far generate as much hype or have a fan following like Ridley. Nor do they have requests to be a playable character. Ridley would be the only "boss character" worth hyping, other than King K. Rool of course (for newcomers). Hopefully both Ridley and King K. Rool will join the other playable boss characters on the roster.
We know that Twinrova and Kamek are not bosses in the sense that Yellow Devil is. They are more of background characters like Kraid was in Brinstar Depths.

ALSO I assume we have seen so few bosses because we haven't seen what.

DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Wario, Pikmin, Gyromite, Sonic, Wii Fit, or Mega Man Stages on the 3DS?

Or DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Wario, or Gyromite stages on the Wii U?

There are a lot of stages we're just kind of missing, and I bet it's so we only know a Wii U boss and a 3DS boss before launch.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
People making assumptions/looking too deeply based off of vague comments/pre-release screenshots is nothing new.

"There's no way R.O.B. will be playable, he's already shown as an enemy in the SSE."

While I don't necessarily think Sakurai's intentionally going out of his way/misleading us that hard, I can definitely see a case similar to Bowser, where he's still technically a boss character and playable. In other words, there's no way to be sure of anything until the fat hazards sing.
You're right, it's nothing new. Do you remember when @NintendoAmerica tweeted out a picture of the R.O.B. Accessory with a caption about old times or something (the tweet is deleted now :( )? Maybe you don't follow them on twitter, but they did. All of those replies on that tweet were "OMG ROB COMFIRMED" and stuff like that. This fanbase is so speculative.
And that's why I love it here.

Top Bottom