• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Anti-Ridleys are basically vampires. And common sense and logical discussion are basically ionized garlic covered in stakes that spews holy water whenever an anti-Ridley giggles at a fart joke.

So yeah it's... really kind of a disturbing mess. It reminds me a LOT of the phantom thing actually, and how "there was no way it was a move and it had to be an assist trophy" despite very basic evidence that was available at the time.
Don't want to derail the chat but the internet does have more than it's fair share of stupid, people think glass would make a viable replacement to asphalt, which is worrying >.<

So it's hard to tell these days if people are trolls, stupid or just going with herd mentality

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Honestly, the whole reason I'm more doubtful than I was before E3 (was almost sure he would be revealed playable at E3), is actually because he wasn't talked at E3 which leaves me with this important question: WHEN WILL WE KNOW LIKE SERIOUSLY???

If it wasn't enough for E3, what events or moment will? Random potd would only be ok if hazard but playable? Even a smash direct would be less hype than E3 so when? Post release? I can't tell and I don't know any more because now, he's free to make us wait how long he wants if he didn't intended to show him at E3. He seriously could make us wait until the game is released because E3 was probably the most hype moment smash could get.

The point I'm trying to tell is that even if I'm still on the playable side, my evidences aren't solid as they were before. Sure, there's that weird behaviour and size but even then, they can go either way and both of them would makes sense to some extent. The point where I'm leaving towards playable is the suspicious demo and the how worthy the purpose would be. The fact that it was a really showed stage and that only 1 stage (wii fit trainer one) was revealed before (and wasn't showed that much) makes the fact that the stage isn't in the demo really suspicious. It's very clear for me that he's trying to hide information but I don't think that hiding him as a stage hazard wouldn't even worth to show the shadow in the direct. It's not even the kind of info I see getting hidden but I see the info of him being playable getting hidden.

The problem with that logic is it's even more subjective: there's really nothing that proves (if it was to hide info) why doing such things at E3. There's really nothing that suggest that (if hazard) he would be ready to show. Because just the fact that he wouldn't be ready would justify this. The change in the final destination form proves me that they are still changing stuff so... it's stil possible. There's even the possibility of not putting the stage to simply do what a demo should: give a sneak peak of the game therefore, making the build limited in contents. If it was because of the latter, this would make this evidence completely irrelevant and thus, leaving me even more in the dark (maybe I wouldn't even be able to tell what would make more sense for me towards his fate).

This is why I'm more doubtful because my opinion is based on an evidence that I can't know if it's relevant or not. So, it's not reliable and basically, I'm back to the start: "It can go either way".
Well, we got the Miis, which are one of the most popular video game avatars of all time, Palutena, who was teased like crazy by Sakurai (who in turn probably thought she was more important to reveal than Ridley), and Pac-Man, who's a legendary third-party newcomer.

I think it's a little too early to say that Ridley's chances are nil because he was a no show at E3. K. Rool and Mewtwo are arguably more popular than Ridley and they weren't shown at E3, yet most people aren't doubting their chances because of that.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley turns out to be an unlockable newcomer.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Ridley haters remind me of homophobes. You can prove them wrong so many times but the homophobes(Ridley Haters) will always cover their ears and always think whatever they say is right and a fact no matter how flawed and stupid it is.

D

Deleted member

Ridley haters remind me of homophobes. You can prove them wrong so many times but the homophobes(Ridley Haters) will always cover their ears and always think whatever they say is right and a fact no matter how flawed and stupid it is.
There is a guy on my school that is homophobic, we hated him because he was so irritating, so we started to talk about how rong he was everytime he come close to us, now, he barely talks to us. Can that work with detractors?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
There is a guy on my school that is homophobic, we hated him because he was so irritating, so we started to talk about how rong he was everytime he come close to us, now, he barely talks to us. Can that work with detractors?
Would work of the majority are Ridley supporters. Sadly on YouTube/facebook/non competitive forums there are a crap ton of Ridley haters. They all say the same crap that he's too big or his shadow. When you present evidence they just ignore because their small brain can't compute information apparently.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If I get a good mic before Ridley is revealed then I'm gonna make a good video. All of these Ridley proof videos are missing the biggest point. Ridley's shadow is character size. Why would a character so infamous for being big, be downscaled to character size? And move so slow?

That is why I think Ridley is playable. It's evidence. Not even confirmation bias. When you look at those facts, you have to be ridiculously stubborn to think it's "just ridley fans being crazy"

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, we got the Miis, which are one of the most popular video game avatars of all time, Palutena, who was teased like crazy by Sakurai (who in turn probably thought she was more important to reveal than Ridley), and Pac-Man, who's a legendary third-party newcomer.

I think it's a little too early to say that Ridley's chances are nil because he was a no show at E3. K. Rool and Mewtwo are arguably more popular than Ridley and they weren't shown at E3, yet most people aren't doubting their chances because of that.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley turns out to be an unlockable newcomer.
Not saying that his chances are nil (I assume it would mean null?). I'm saying that I'm less sure.

In fact, I did the essay where I was almost sure on this thread and here's was the reason:

I think that now, it is too late if he's an hazard. Nintendo released his E3 video at the beginning of May and now, we are 2 days before Nintendo's E3 event. Since this video was released, Nintendo began to hype their fans for E3 and there's LOTS of evidences here. For instance, they made an option on their E3 website to save the date of June 10 2014 on your calendar such as google calendar. Throughout the month, they released more and more info about their E3 as time pass and the video about the invitationnal was probably the most hyped of them ESPECIALLY the music chosen when they announced the Gamecube controller adapter (do I really need to explain it it sounds like they knew that this will get people hyped).

What does this all have to do with the ridley not being an hazard? Well, if I knew that I should get my customer hyped for a month, I would try as much to not disappoint them in this period. Any hype killer could be a bigger deal than it was in April so here's my question: As ridley is one of the most requested character for being playable in SSB4, why solidifying his 50/50 situation so much a month before the E3 hype?
[...] (was talking about possible counterarguments which imo, didn't make sense but it doesn't have to do with E3 so...)

What would make sense is that he would be deconfirming ridley BEFORE May which as of this post, it didn't happen and E3 is in 2 days and I'm myself very hyped and you should be too.
This was written on June 8 2014, 2 days before nintendo's digital event. That evidence was VERY solid because for so much talk it got, it would've been worthy for E3 but losing hype for E3 is what he don't want to do. Because we now know that he didn't intend to show him at E3, we don't know when we would know which break this evidence. There's really nothing to make us wait for now that is really worthy. A k a, he's free to deconfirm him whenever he wants.

My evidence suggested that he wouldn't even want to deconfirm him at E3. That's the only reason I'm more doubtful now because in the same essay, I pointed out the ambiguous facts but also that those made my verdict impossible to tell.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If I get a good mic before Ridley is revealed then I'm gonna make a good video. All of these Ridley proof videos are missing the biggest point. Ridley's shadow is character size. Why would a character so infamous for being big, be downscaled to character size? And move so slow?

That is why I think Ridley is playable. It's evidence. Not even confirmation bias. When you look at those facts, you have to be ridiculously stubborn to think it's "just ridley fans being crazy"
But what if Ridley just moves slow when he's not attacking and has ten second windows between attacks? :troll: And like one person brought up in the thread, what if Ridley just follows exclusive lighting physics from EVERYONE ELSE in the entire game? Obviously this is the pinnacle of intelligence and logic.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But what if Ridley just moves slow when he's not attacking and has ten second windows between attacks? :troll: And like one person brought up in the thread, what if Ridley just follows exclusive lighting physics from EVERYONE ELSE in the entire game? Obviously this is the pinnacle of intelligence and logic.
Now that you mention it, how long does the Ridley we saw in the Direct go without attacking? And can we compare that to the Yellow Devil and see how different their attack frequencies are?

D

Deleted member

Now that you mention it, how long does the Ridley we saw in the Direct go without attacking? And can we compare that to the Yellow Devil and see how different their attack frequencies are?
Is flying awkwardly an attack? Than grabbing Pikachu and doing nothing and finally jumping also an attack?

D

Deleted member

Is flying awkwardly an attack? Than grabbing Pikachu and doing nothing and finally jumping also an attack?
It's all a part of Ridley's strategy, he spends the first 2 minutes of the fight flying around awkwardly and jumping around, he'll grab people, but won't damage them during this time to lure them into a false sense of security and then once 2 minutes is up Ridley will take advantage of their lowered guard and attack mercilessly.

It's not like players control the other fighters and are aware of the fact that Stage Bosses are there to attack them, no, that totally isn't a thing at all. :troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He didn't grab Pikachu. We've gone over this. Yes, there was a brief segment where most people here thought he grabbed Pikachu, but we then determined that it was just Ridley's leg in front of his tail, especially since "Pikachu" disappears a second later. Which means he never once attacked at all or did anything except hover there.

EDIT: And when I say "we," I mean other people in the topic. :p

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley Louis Armstrong - "Smash bros has been in the Armstrong line for generations!"

Inb4 August Direct shows Roidley as a hazard, only for him to be immediately mutilated by playable Ridley.
The implications aside, I think Sakurai would win troll of the decade/century with this move alone.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The implications aside, I think Sakurai would win troll of the decade/century with this move alone.
That implies that he hasn't already.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Assuming Ridley doesn't grab Pikachu, he goes about 11 solid seconds without attacking. In that timeframe, I watched another video of Yellow Devil gameplay. In 11 seconds, he fired off eleven eye lasers and was defeated, causing the explosion.

EDIT: It was this video, from 0:37 to 0:48.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Flawed and stupid? Oh please, you have be utterly ******** to believe "Ridley Haters" have flawed and stupid logic. It actually makes perfect sense. In a direct, under OTHER BOSS CHARACTERS WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE, and Ridley's shadow is shown, CLEARLY hinting that HE is the boss character in which they are referencing. Sorry that I have basic logic in my brain. I'm not saying he's entirely impossible, but I think its absolute ignorance and stupidity to not see the logic in believing Ridley isn't playable. Stop covering your eyes and blinding yourself to the evidence of his non-playablity, and accept the fact that he most likely WON'T be, or atleast accept that it isn't "flawed and stupid" to believe so, and actually makes great sense. On top of that I don't think a downsized playable Ridley would be an accurate representation or portrayal of his character, is that flawed and stupid?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Flawed and stupid? Oh please, you have be utterly ******** to believe "Ridley Haters" have flawed and stupid logic. It actually makes perfect sense. In a direct, under OTHER BOSS CHARACTERS WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE, and Ridley's shadow is shown, CLEARLY hinting that HE is the boss character in which they are referencing. Sorry that I have basic logic in my brain. I'm not saying he's entirely impossible, but I think its absolute ignorance and stupidity to not see the logic in believing Ridley isn't playable. Stop covering your eyes and blinding yourself to the evidence of his non-playablity, and accept the fact that he most likely WON'T be, or atleast accept that it isn't "flawed and stupid" to believe so, and actually makes great sense. On top of that I don't think a downsized playable Ridley would be an accurate representation or portrayal of his character, is that flawed and stupid?
So Ridley is confirmed to be playable in Melee then? I mean if you don't believe that, then you're obviously blinding yourself to the evidence of his playability. I mean "over 20 unexpected characters" were explicitly mentioned with Ridley's appearance in official advertising, it pretty obviously hints at his playability.

And needless to say, with all of the evidence actually examined, it's more and more likely that Ridley IS playable.

Also you don't want a downsized playable Ridley, but you want a downsized BOSS Ridley that dies in a few hits and slowly hovers around the stage doing nothing? You're... interesting.

EDIT: I forgot to actually bring it up because I didn't notice at first, but being angry and throwing around the word "********" like that definitely makes you look better in this conversation. Keep it up.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Generic Punch-Out stage. LITTLE MAC DISCONFIRMED.

Toon Link on Spirit Train stage. TOON LINK DISCONFIRMED.

Palutena watches over the battlefield. PALUTENA DISCONFIRMED.

Zero Suit Samus isn't returning. ZSS DISCONFIRMED. (Granted, she was revealed a second later but it was still a troll.)

Morbi

Scavenger
Your logic is not flawed, per se. Albeit it is fallacious, you presume that we adhere to confirmation bias; however, you quite clearly indicate that we are not alone in this regard. If you cannot remain objective, it makes you appear completely and utterly incompetent.

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus isn't returning. ZSS DISCONFIRMED. (Granted, she was revealed a second later but it was still a troll.)
Dark Pit at the end of Palutena's trailer. DARK PIT CONFIRMED /confirmation bias

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly, it's stupid taking either side at this point. The only thing we know for sure is that he's in the game, other than that it really could go either way, it's not so smart to call either side stupid as there are good arguments on why he could be playable or why he's a stage hazard. We shouldn't look down on people who think he's most likely a stage hazard, he did appear right after Sakurai talked about bosses with the words "boss character" glued below him after all, it's a logical conclusion.

The pessimist in me says to get used to the thought of him as a stage hazard though, and I'd advise any supporter to not get too caught up in any shadow analysis either as we won't be able to make a 100% reliable one with what we know. In reality it's probably more of a 50/50 situation though.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
My main issue with taking that statement at face value is two things.

1. We have no evidence that they were actually related, but DO have evidence that proves they could be unrelated.
2. More often than not, taking it at face value is used as a green light to literally ignore everything else and dismiss it entirely.

D

Deleted member

I guess all the roster is deconfirmed now: Pikachu was shown when talking about hazards, Charizard along with the pokeball Pokemon, Mewtwo's shadow in Greninja's trailer, etc.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
While I agree with the first part that it's not really stupid to believe Ridley's a stage boss from the Direct, that last point is silly. Ridley isn't really all that big to begin with, so he wouldn't need to be changed any more than other charcters have, and that's without taking Olimar into consideration. I've pointed it out myself already, but a short while ago someone when and visualized what you and many others aren't thinking about: Ridley's posture. Keep in mind that Ridley doesn't stand upright like a human. Brawl Ridley, posed properly on the ground, would only need a slight resizing to work.

I'll post the picture if I can find it again. Unless someone else feels like ninjaing me maybe...?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So Ridley is confirmed to be playable in Melee then? I mean if you don't believe that, then you're obviously blinding yourself to the evidence of his playability. I mean "over 20 unexpected characters" were explicitly mentioned with Ridley's appearance in official advertising, it pretty obviously hints at his playability.

And needless to say, with all of the evidence actually examined, it's more and more likely that Ridley IS playable.

Also you don't want a downsized playable Ridley, but you want a downsized BOSS Ridley that dies in a few hits and slowly hovers around the stage doing nothing? You're... interesting.

EDIT: I forgot to actually bring it up because I didn't notice at first, but being angry and throwing around the word "********" like that definitely makes you look better in this conversation. Keep it up.
While I agree that when confronted with the reasons why we think he will still be playable, detractors use stupid logic, but I think what this guy is trying to say is that it's not stupid to look at that clip and think Ridley is disconfirmed, which is true. Not everyone researches this stuff and anylizes it like we do. The average gamer probably takes game devs at face value. I think it's stupid of us to look at the clip which is clearly meant to make us think that Ridley is a boss, Analyze it, find evidence that it was misdirection, and then call other people stupid for basicly thinking what Sakurai intended for us to think just because we found sufficiant evidence to the contrary. It's stupid when we show them our evidence and they just respond with insults, name calling, or flat out ignoring, but it is in no way stupid to take the devs at face value, which I think is what this guy is trying to say. That said I agree that he has presented himself poorly, and now probably most people won't take him seriously, and he has ruined what might have otherwise been an intellegent disscussion.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, it's stupid taking either side at this point. The only thing we know for sure is that he's in the game, other than that it really could go either way, it's not so smart to call either side stupid as there are good arguments on why he could be playable or why he's a stage hazard. We shouldn't look down on people who think he's most likely a stage hazard, he did appear right after Sakurai talked about bosses with the words "boss character" glued below him after all, it's a logical conclusion.

The pessimist in me says to get used to the thought of him as a stage hazard though, and I'd advise any supporter to not get too caught up in any shadow analysis either as we won't be able to make a 100% reliable one with what we know. In reality it's probably more of a 50/50 situation though.
No. It is not "stupid" to evaluate the situation objectively with evidence and determine which perspective is more likely based on the preponderance of the evidence. I do agree with your sentiment to an extent, it is intelligent to remain impartial, but that is not our only option and it is most certainly not the best.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion

Toon Link is a background character, not a stage hazard, the Punch Out stage only did more to prove that little mac, was IN FACT, going to be in the game, I did not see a single person claiming the little mac stage to mean little mac deconfirmed lol, and Palutena, where? Regardless still a background character, not a stage hazard. I don't even think I have to respond to the final one, it was stupid to even mention.

majora_787

Smash Hero
While I agree that when confronted with the reasons why we think he will still be playable, detractors use stupid logic, but I think what this guy is trying to say is that it's not stupid to look at that clip and think Ridley is disconfirmed, which is true. Not everyone researches this stuff and anylizes it like we do. The average gamer probably takes game devs at face value. I think it's stupid of us to look at the clip which is clearly meant to make us think that Ridley is a boss, Analyze it, find evidence that it was misdirection, and then call other people stupid for basicly thinking what Sakurai intended for us to think just because we found sufficiant evidence to the contrary. It's stupid when we show them our evidence and they just respond with insults, name calling, or flat out ignoring, but it is in no way stupid to take the devs at face value, which I think is what this guy is trying to say. That said I agree that he has presented himself poorly, and now probably most people won't take him seriously, and he has ruined what might have otherwise been an intellegent disscussion.

I don't know anyone who actually goes "Wow people who aren't sold on Ridley being confirmed and think he's probably a boss are dumb". As far as I've known and thought myself, the issue comes with people who come in and go their way is the logical and right way, and to look at other evidence is to be blind to the evidence that matters despite being pretty immaterial, especially by itself.

It's the difference between:

"You can think that but I disagree"

or

"Wow you can't just say I'm being dumb when I call you ******** for not subscribing to our clearly FANTASTIC and 100% flawless logic".

I don't really care about people who don't agree, but the people who aggressively disagree sometimes just need some help getting a foot in it now and then IMO.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The idea that the shadow was just another boss character is very sound logic especially with the way it was presented to us. Things like, being too big, being a boss before or no personality(lol) are not good choices for arguments.

But anyone who hangs on to Sakurai's every word notices the odd way in which the Ridley shadow was presented. I think it is very logical to question why it was done that way given the way everything has been presented thus far. It does raise a few questions.

I'm betting the game will launch with only a boss Ridley and a playable one will be revealed for DLC. That's under the assumption the Sal leak is all for launch.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Made up a new word \o/

Ridlephobia
Line Breaks: rid¦li|pho¦bia
Pronounciation: rɪdliˈfəʊbɪə

NOUN
Extreme or irrational hatred of Ridley. Often discriminating against the character and his inclusion as a playable character in the non-canon fighting video game series, Super Smash Bros., reusing poorly structured arguments, including about the character's size, personality, proportions, move set and other overly debated details.

Example sentences:
"Videos posted on youtube are often full of bias Ridlephobia."
"Every part of the internet, there is always a case of Ridlephobia."
"Any character can be scaled up or down, with Ridley as an exception, that's Ridlephobia my friend."

Derivatives
Ridlephobe
Pronounciation: rɪdlifəʊb

A person with an extreme or irrational hatred of Ridley, and practices Ridlephobia. A Ridlephobe also attacks Ridley supporters, and often accuses them of being in denial over "de-confirmed" non-playable Ridley. They will not listen to reason, will take everything with face value, and will ignore the possibility of playable Ridley. They would also prefer one-shot characters (hunters), and a character that has only appeared in two games and been confirmed as an assist trophy (Dark Samus), over the most recurring villain (Ridley).

NOUN
Synonyms: TooBigot, (Ridley) Detractor, (Ridley) Hater, Troll, Poison.
Antonyms: Ridliever, Ridlenthusiast, Space Pirate, Supportley, (Ridley) Fan, (Ridley) Supporter.

Example sentences:
"Ridlephobes always ignore reason, and they often dismiss other possibilities."
"Sakurai likes to mess with Ridley and the fans, but is fine with other character supporters, he's a Ridlephobe."
"The Ridlephobes in these videos say Ridley shouldn't be playable, and hate the character, but don't say why."

Ridlephobic
ADJECTIVE

Example sentences:
"The detractors continuously attack Ridley for his size, but would be okay for other characters in a similar size, I don't like their Ridlephobic tone."
"Kraid's much bigger than Ridley, and yet they don't make as much fuss about him being scaled down like Ridley, that's Ridlephobic!"
"Youtube comments are often Ridlephobic."

Origin
2000s: Pre-Brawl release (c.2006), via Smashboards forums. A user on the forum claimed in a Ridley support thread that Ridley is "too big" and that scaling himdown would be "too awkward". After Ridley was confirmed as two bosses (Ridley and Meta Ridley) for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the words "too big" became an irritating meme, and spread across the internet. Thus a stupid size argument was formed, and many detractors followed suit on various websites, including vocal sites (such as Youtube) and social media (such as twitter and facebook), even to this day use poorly structured arguments.

------------
I think "Ridlephobe" is probably a better and more polite word to use than "TooBigot". Don't want to sink down their (low) level in name calling.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
EXACTLY, you hit the nail on the head. Maybe calling him ******** wasn't the best approach but I feel I did not present myself poorly, the insults in my logic were insulted beforehand, therefore justifying a return approach.

I guess all the roster is deconfirmed now: Pikachu was shown when talking about hazards, Charizard along with the pokeball Pokemon, Mewtwo's shadow in Greninja's trailer, etc.
Do I even need to explain why this has absolutely NO relevance?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No. It is not "stupid" to evaluate the situation objectively with evidence and determine which perspective is more likely based on the preponderance of the evidence. I do agree with your sentiment to an extent, it is intelligent to remain impartial, but that is not our only option and it is most certainly not the best.
How hard is our evidence though? We have the size of a shadow from a light source we don't know how acts, not to mention we don't know how high up in the air Ridley is. That and we just assume Sakurai is a funny and good guy. I don't think that's hard enough evidence to call the other side stupid, in fact I think they have better evidence in their favor, having Ridley presented under the boss category in the Direct is one thing, but his absence from the Gematsu leak is also another heavy hitter. Basically any non-Gematsu character is hanging on the thin straw that is "He didn't mention Rosalina", which can easily be explained, and on top of that Ridley hangs on an even thinner straw.

I mean, c'mon, I like when people are optimistic about his chances as it gives me a bit of hope too, but let's not pretend we have anything conclusive at all. Even then I still think there's enough in favor of Ridley to not completely write him off either, so it kind of hits a gray area imo.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Toon Link is a background character, not a stage hazard, the Punch Out stage only did more to prove that little mac, was IN FACT, going to be in the game, I did not see a single person claiming the little mac stage to mean little mac deconfirmed lol, and Palutena, where? Regardless still a background character, not a stage hazard. I don't even think I have to respond to the final one, it was stupid to even mention.
Actually, a lot of people (including myself) thought that the fact that the boxing ring stage being a generic smash bros stage and not a punch out stage disconfirmed little mac because if he was playable then the boxing ring stage would be a punch out stage, and as we now know, I along with many others were pleasantly proven wrong. As far as the palutena one however, I agree with you. I don't know why people keep bringing that up. That post only hinted at a statue of palutena being part of a stage, and in no way could have been percieved the same way Ridley's supposed deconfirmation was. But why is the zss argument stupid?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do I even need to explain why this has absolutely NO relevance?
The less it helps you, the less relevant it is. We know. We have literally heard everything you have to say before from people who can hold a conversation without calling everyone "stupid" or "********". I'm just letting you know.

EDIT: How do we not know how the lighting acts? We know shadows are static in Smash, and we have seen that shadows stretch to the back right on Pyrosphere.

EDIT 2: The Gematsu leak is not evidence of or against anything. It can't keep itself afloat, so it shouldn't be used here to try to keep any side of the Ridley debate afloat.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
I don't know anyone who actually goes "Wow people who aren't sold on Ridley being confirmed and think he's probably a boss are dumb". As far as I've known and thought myself, the issue comes with people who come in and go their way is the logical and right way, and to look at other evidence is to be blind to the evidence that matters despite being pretty immaterial, especially by itself.

It's the difference between:

"You can think that but I disagree"

or

"Wow you can't just say I'm being dumb when I call you ******** for not subscribing to our clearly FANTASTIC and 100% flawless logic".

I don't really care about people who don't agree, but the people who aggressively disagree sometimes just need some help getting a foot in it now and then IMO.
I don't think its ******** to believe he will be playable, I do, in fact, believe its ******** if you refuse to see the logic in believing he is not playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Incorrect. If one objectively determines something to be fact based on the implications of a statement that does not even literally allude to Ridley, they are quite incompetent. It was an audio-clip over an edited game-play clip that uses the most common ambiguous symbolism known to man. If one cannot discern why the entire presentation was counter-intuitive... I pray for their souls. Most of the detractors even admit that it was counter-intuitive, they just disregard that notion. People act as though this is some conspiracy theory because they are inept at speculation.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
The less it helps you, the less relevant it is. We know. We have literally heard everything you have to say before from people who can hold a conversation without calling everyone "stupid" or "********". I'm just letting you know.
I've only called a single person ********, but if I have to explain it. I will. Pikachu is clearly a confirmed character, unless you are completely blind and ignorant to everything smash bros. then you would not believe pikachu is the "boss character" in the shot and I can't even begin to comprehend how this could even be thrown into my face as something to argue. Yes, we see charizard alongside other Pokeball Pokemon, but wait, only to see him confirmed to be playable SECONDS later. Please, make better comparisons and not completely irrelevant and illogical ones. (Not sure if that was your post but js')

Top Bottom