• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
To those of you who love Metroid Music, what do you think of Shinesparkers Metroid Album? I really enjoyed the Ridley-remix that was included(credit to Prophetik for making the actual song).
I love them. Most nights I'll listen to both albums on shuffle while I go to sleep :p

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
To those of you who love Metroid Music, what do you think of Shinesparkers Metroid Album? I really enjoyed the Ridley-remix that was included(credit to Prophetik for making the actual song).
I like how it has an Arabic-Egyptian sort of feel to it. It kinda fits Ridley somehow.

Hong

The Strongest
I've been all over the Harmony of Heroes hype train for a while, now. Looking forward to hearing the final thing and whatever Metroid tracks that are included.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't listen to this particular song too much but I LOVE these albums so much. Doppelganger by Vomitron is my anthem, pretty much.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Harmony of a Hunter. I prefer fast-paced Ridley theme to slow-paced Ridley theme, but if if I ever had to choose between slow-paced Ridley themes, that'd be the one.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey guys, I know this is a bit spontaneous, but if Ridley was a playable character, what do you think would be suitable for his final smash??

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I love the music from the Metroid Prime series.

It always had a charm that made me love it

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I know this is a bit spontaneous, but if Ridley was a playable character, what do you think would be suitable for his final smash??
The Final Smash I posted before, about 50 pages back was one I'm a fan of.

Ridley could grab a character and smash them against the floor, and then flap his wings to move forward, scraping them for high damage until he reaches an edge. The further away the edge, the higher the damage; any fighters he hits along the way are launched and dealt damage and at the edge he holds them up and blasts them with fire, launching them. If he grabs them while he's at the edge that he's facing, he turns so he can do the scraping towards the other edge. If you grab an opponent over a gap, he plummets and KOs both characters.

It doesn't involve transformations, is technically a grab, and I'm assuming you'd get the most damage and KO potential if you were in the air and perched right above the edge of the stage.

Chozo Ruins was one I loved. I was watching my brother play Prime earlier (Since I got the Trilogy to work again after some work) and he was in there, and I remember that one for its catchiness. I was humming along to it and it was good to fall asleep on the sofa to.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Only the first video successfully embedded/works, for whatever reason. I'll also ask if it's not too much trouble for people to spoiler any extended media/image posts (doesn't exactly help with lag, which is why I prefer linking, but at least it makes scrolling on phones and stuff easier).

Anyhoo, my favorite Ridley remix from HoaH is the end of the 3rd link in my sig (starting at 11:44). Transitions beautifully, just wish it wasn't so short.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
He pulls a Jigglypuff and gets as big as the entire screen :troll:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
An over-the-top cinematic like Captain Falcon's. Grabs whoever he grabs, then flies into a metal shaft, drags them across the wall, then shoots a fireball at them and then they plummet and bounce off the ground get KO'd into the side or up high.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Final Smash: Ridley de-volves into Little Birdie. All other characters stop and realise some creatures use the powers of others to capture their prey. As they look at Little Birdie, they feel as though it's feeding off their power, as well.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Final Smash: Ridley and the Big Bois

An Ancient Chozo statue falls in front of Ridley with a time portal in its hands near the crotch area. Whoever gets sucked into the portal near the crotch area get in on the action inside. Ridley gets sucked in too. Then all iterations of Ridley appear, one-by-one, starting with Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Clone Ridley, and then Ridley-X, and then they all fire fire at whoever gets sucked inside.

I didn't take any inspiration from Mega Man's Final Smash, I swear.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Final Smash: Ridley and the Big Bois

An Ancient Chozo statue falls in front of Ridley with a time portal in its hands near the crotch area. Whoever gets sucked into the portal near the crotch area get in on the action inside. Ridley gets sucked in too. Then all iterations of Ridley appear, one-by-one, starting with Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Clone Ridley, and then Ridley-X, and then they all fire fire at whoever gets sucked inside.

I didn't take any inspiration from Mega Man's Final Smash, I swear.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I finally did search into @MorbidAltruism 's posts. And... I think I forgot what I was thinking because he wasn't announced at E3.

Because what I noticed in what she called "decisive evidences" is that I went into a similar logic before. I just for some reason completely forgot about those simply because I tough they would rely on E3 which isn't true. I may have to redo my essay but now, I remember why I tough the direct was more alluding him to be playable.

The part that haven't changed is the ambiguity in the evidences in the direct. They are still telling one thing or the other but all of them are double meaning (and that even includes Sakurai's words). Those are still telling me though that they were made like that on purpose and no matter how it turns out of what purpose it would be, it's sure that it was to hint at said purpose which would accomplish what Sakurai truly wants: speculation. That is true for both side though as it's DOUBLE meaning purposively done to start at 50/50.

Here's where it gets "counter-intuitive" as morbid said on one side: The shadow. That's where I began to forget but I did think that it was the key evidence here. I just didn't elaborated as much as I should. Basically, that shadow, assuming he would be an hazard, shouldn't be on that direct. I bring that up to tell how it doesn't make sense as hazard to be in development but also in another thing that I found dumb to forget: That's not a consistent method to deconfirm him.

In fact, I was wondering why he wouldn't show him but the thing is, I could've asked a better question: Why he didn't show him BEFORE the direct?

It completely slipped from my mind but there's a huge difference here. The 50/50 started on August 20 2013 but the shadow was shown on April 8 2014. That's a really big gap but why we saw a lot of pictures of pyrosphere WITHOUT ridley knowing that if he was an hazard, he would've been shown from head to feet? Because, if it makes sense to found counter-intuitive to not show him DURING the direct, it's also the same BEFORE the direct which seems so obvious but morbid got further than me so...

THIS, changes everything. It means that the shadow should NOT be there as hazard and so, the quote about boss characters (which btw, is double meaning) should NOT appear as it wouldn't make sense for him to even be alluded as hazard in that way.

So, remove the shadow and that quote with Sakurai's voice + text, what's left? The stage. Not a random one but the same stage that bring speculation since August 20 2013. Don't you find this, "convenient"? Not for hazard purpose but for playable purpose!!!

Okay, now, this might sounds that I'm searching too much but just think about it: Why this stage was even made in the first place? Yeah, to rep metroid but that's not where I'm getting. Why THAT stage? Sakurai pointed out IN THE FIRST PICTURES AND MENTION that "ridley could appear at any seconds". Again, don't you find this even more convenient as things just fit together? That's because Sakurai alluded this stage to be ridley's home stage!!!

Like I'm starting to think that it's too obvious: To make a stage that is the SAME LOCATION where you fight a character as a boss CANON and hinting towards that character being a enemy/trauma AS SOON AS IT'S REVEALED, repeatedly showing that stage WITHOUT showing that character to finally show THE SAME stage with the character's SHADOW and pointing that there's other boss characters. How honestly can THAT be coincidence? It just HAD to be planned. The stage just HAD to be chosen because of that.

Sakurai needed that stage to fuel speculation on what ridley is doing in the game. He needed that to keep that ambiguous and finally, he needed the same stage to tease him. The stage needed precise criteria to make this work but if it wasn't because he's an hazard... then it's ridley's home stage as hinted as soon as it was revealed.

And here comes the last piece: since ridley has a home stage and he's not an hazard in said stage, this means that he's playable!!!

It even makes more sense if you view that with what I told: not showed on his home stage but he tells in a purposively ambiguous way that not only he's samus's trauma/enemy from his series but also appears in some way fuelling speculation -> months without showing him on his home stage multiple time bringing even more doubt and speculation -> show his shadow on his home stage while saying a double meaning quote that is purposively vague like the August 20 one to tease him as playable but because of the speculation before and the ambiguity, it created lots of doubts, controversy and talk about that direct thus, hyping the character like palutena or ZSS was on the same direct.

So, if he did teased him as playable, you bet that he would certainly NOT talk about it at E3 and NOT let people discover that the stage doesn't have hazards. In fact, it would even make sense to at least wait a pretty long time, possibly at release to finally tell that he's playable. He could even tease him more and I'll tell you: if he does that again on the same stage, I would be 99% playable. If he doesn't, wait for release, he would be unlockable.

It's already counter-intuitive as hazard before and during the direct so it's still counter-intuitive to be an hazard after because he would be at the latest showed in the direct.

And that's it. I didn't expect to go that far with the most obvious element in the direct but thanks to @MorbidAltruism for telling me that I should look even more deeper. Since I did got a lot deeper, tell me if my logic is flawed because it sounds silly but seems to make sense.

If it's not, then I would modify my essay to what I think would be even more accurate. It would also remove my doubts GREATLY as it's more based on logic which seems to be more reliable than the evidences in the direct.

I think I finally got why you were so confident morbid.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What do you mean "was"? He hasn't officially been disconfirmed, at least not yet.

But to answer your question, I'd like to see Ridley grab a character as part of his Final Smash, taking them over to the Pyrosphere where he would grind them against its walls, before finally blasting them with his plasma breath.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Something between Lucario`s Aura Storm and Feral Chaos`s (from another game, not SSB) Lux Magnus (charges up Plasma Beam in his mouth for 3 seconds, then shoots it, being able to aim this beam slowly, dealing 10% damage per hit and high knockback at the final hit).
That is better than any kind of Meta/Omega transformations because technicaly, he needs to get rid of more than half of his body and THAT is really weird, so, i don`t like this idea at all. Right?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-u- A second part of the comic I did before E3 with Ridley, Ezio and Ray....just a piece of it....
SCAN0230.JPG

sketchy as always....

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So, I finally did search into @MorbidAltruism 's posts. And... I think I forgot what I was thinking because he wasn't announced at E3.

Because what I noticed in what she called "decisive evidences" is that I went into a similar logic before. I just for some reason completely forgot about those simply because I tough they would rely on E3 which isn't true. I may have to redo my essay but now, I remember why I tough the direct was more alluding him to be playable.

The part that haven't changed is the ambiguity in the evidences in the direct. They are still telling one thing or the other but all of them are double meaning (and that even includes Sakurai's words). Those are still telling me though that they were made like that on purpose and no matter how it turns out of what purpose it would be, it's sure that it was to hint at said purpose which would accomplish what Sakurai truly wants: speculation. That is true for both side though as it's DOUBLE meaning purposively done to start at 50/50.

Here's where it gets "counter-intuitive" as morbid said on one side: The shadow. That's where I began to forget but I did think that it was the key evidence here. I just didn't elaborated as much as I should. Basically, that shadow, assuming he would be an hazard, shouldn't be on that direct. I bring that up to tell how it doesn't make sense as hazard to be in development but also in another thing that I found dumb to forget: That's not a consistent method to deconfirm him.

In fact, I was wondering why he wouldn't show him but the thing is, I could've asked a better question: Why he didn't show him BEFORE the direct?

It completely slipped from my mind but there's a huge difference here. The 50/50 started on August 20 2013 but the shadow was shown on April 8 2014. That's a really big gap but why we saw a lot of pictures of pyrosphere WITHOUT ridley knowing that if he was an hazard, he would've been shown from head to feet? Because, if it makes sense to found counter-intuitive to not show him DURING the direct, it's also the same BEFORE the direct which seems so obvious but morbid got further than me so...

THIS, changes everything. It means that the shadow should NOT be there as hazard and so, the quote about boss characters (which btw, is double meaning) should NOT appear as it wouldn't make sense for him to even be alluded as hazard in that way.

So, remove the shadow and that quote with Sakurai's voice + text, what's left? The stage. Not a random one but the same stage that bring speculation since August 20 2013. Don't you find this, "convenient"? Not for hazard purpose but for playable purpose!!!

Okay, now, this might sounds that I'm searching too much but just think about it: Why this stage was even made in the first place? Yeah, to rep metroid but that's not where I'm getting. Why THAT stage? Sakurai pointed out IN THE FIRST PICTURES AND MENTION that "ridley could appear at any seconds". Again, don't you find this even more convenient as things just fit together? That's because Sakurai alluded this stage to be ridley's home stage!!!

Like I'm starting to think that it's too obvious: To make a stage that is the SAME LOCATION where you fight a character as a boss CANON and hinting towards that character being a enemy/trauma AS SOON AS IT'S REVEALED, repeatedly showing that stage WITHOUT showing that character to finally show THE SAME stage with the character's SHADOW and pointing that there's other boss characters. How honestly can THAT be coincidence? It just HAD to be planned. The stage just HAD to be chosen because of that.

Sakurai needed that stage to fuel speculation on what ridley is doing in the game. He needed that to keep that ambiguous and finally, he needed the same stage to tease him. The stage needed precise criteria to make this work but if it wasn't because he's an hazard... then it's ridley's home stage as hinted as soon as it was revealed.

And here comes the last piece: since ridley has a home stage and he's not an hazard in said stage, this means that he's playable!!!

It even makes more sense if you view that with what I told: not showed on his home stage but he tells in a purposively ambiguous way that not only he's samus's trauma/enemy from his series but also appears in some way fuelling speculation -> months without showing him on his home stage multiple time bringing even more doubt and speculation -> show his shadow on his home stage while saying a double meaning quote that is purposively vague like the August 20 one to tease him as playable but because of the speculation before and the ambiguity, it created lots of doubts, controversy and talk about that direct thus, hyping the character like palutena or ZSS was on the same direct.

So, if he did teased him as playable, you bet that he would certainly NOT talk about it at E3 and NOT let people discover that the stage doesn't have hazards. In fact, it would even make sense to at least wait a pretty long time, possibly at release to finally tell that he's playable. He could even tease him more and I'll tell you: if he does that again on the same stage, I would be 99% playable. If he doesn't, wait for release, he would be unlockable.

It's already counter-intuitive as hazard before and during the direct so it's still counter-intuitive to be an hazard after because he would be at the latest showed in the direct.

And that's it. I didn't expect to go that far with the most obvious element in the direct but thanks to @MorbidAltruism for telling me that I should look even more deeper. Since I did got a lot deeper, tell me if my logic is flawed because it sounds silly but seems to make sense.

If it's not, then I would modify my essay to what I think would be even more accurate. It would also remove my doubts GREATLY as it's more based on logic which seems to be more reliable than the evidences in the direct.

I think I finally got why you were so confident morbid.
Man. That was so well written and intelligent. It went right over my head.

But hey, Ridley guys amirite?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
-u- A second part of the comic I did before E3 with Ridley, Ezio and Ray....just a piece of it....View attachment 17682

sketchy as always....
That was a bad idea (to throw an axe or whatever this weapon is called at something you don`t even see), Rayman...but it is funny in its own way...but that funny part is mostly after Ridley will get closer to him...
Wall of Text i won`t quote because it already was quoted and it is shown above
Now i think that Ridley`s chances are 97.31%. I never thought about all of that stuff in THIS way...

RIDLEY APPROVES THAT POST.
GIVE THAT GUY A COOKIE.
NOW.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

That was a bad idea (to throw an axe or whatever this weapon is called at something you don`t even see), Rayman...but it is funny in its own way...but that funny part is mostly after Ridley will get closer to him...

Now i think that Ridley`s chances are 97.31%. I never thought about all of that stuff in THIS way...

RIDLEY APPROVES THAT POST.
GIVE THAT GUY A COOKIE.
NOW.
xD well, it is an Assassin's tomahawk.....and if you wonder why he did that, is because he's kind of paranoic, and when hears a wierd sound when he's alone, he thinks it is the Rabbids trying to get him annoyed (that horrible scream they make can drive someone crazy, in this case, Rayman.) and,...yeah....xD I'm still thinking what Ridley is going to do....

I love that RIDLEY APPROVES thingy even if it is Roidley....heh.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
xD well, it is an Assassin's tomahawk.....and if you wonder why he did that, is because he's kind of paranoic, and when hears a wierd sound when he's alone, he thinks it is the Rabbids trying to get him annoyed (that horrible scream they make can drive someone crazy, in this case, Rayman.) and,...yeah....xD I'm still thinking what Ridley is going to do....

I love that RIDLEY APPROVES thingy eve if it is Roidley....heh.
Yeah, i remember those guys...from a video that is not related to Rayman...there was one of them getting stabbed by Xenomorph...their scream is really annoying...then i can`t blame Rayman for doing that...

I can do same RIDLEY APPROVES image, but with Ridley instead. Roidley`s thumbs just looks better.

AndreaAC

Yeah, i remember those guys...from a video that is not related to Rayman...there was one of them getting stabbed by Xenomorph...their scream is really annoying...then i can`t blame Rayman for doing that...

I can do same RIDLEY APPROVES image, but with Ridley instead. Roidley`s thumbs just looks better.
-__- I still can't believe they even got their own T.V. series and movie...just to do stupid things and scream....bravo, Ubisoft, bravo....

xD if you want, you could send it to me? I'm just curious to see how Ridley looks doing that....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
-__- I still can't believe they even got their own T.V. series and movie...just to do stupid things and scream....bravo, Ubisoft, bravo....

xD if you want, you could send it to me? I'm just curious to see how Ridley looks doing that....
Well, that sound weird...why they did that? I may understand why Captain Toad got his game, but they?!

Sure, but not now.

AndreaAC

Well, that sound weird...why they did that? I may understand why Captain Toad got his game, but they?!

Sure, but not now.
Oh, OK! I can wait! thank you so much! xD when I learn to draw digitally MAYBE I will try to do my own drawing of Ridley doing that...

and the rabbids...Because they are a comedic relief I guess...if you see the first 3 Rayman games, he's kinda serious and with a cool attited as he grows up,...when the rabbids came in, it became a joke with their screamings and fails, and in the new Rayman games (Origins, legends) Rayman acts like if he was....silly....or worse. just because it is funny...and if you ask me, I don't find it funny...and maybe Ridley will be able to see Ray's revenge against them when he bacomes a true Assassin (it is a story of mine...hehe...)

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, OK! I can wait! thank you so much! xD when I learn to draw digitally MAYBE I will try to do my own drawing of Ridley doing that...

and the rabbids...Because they are a comedic relief I guess...if you see the first 3 Rayman games, he's kinda serious and with a cool attited as he grows up,...when the rabbids came in, it became a joke with their screamings and fails, and in the new Rayman games (Origins, legends) Rayman acts like if he was....silly....or worse. just because it is funny...and if you ask me, I don't find it funny...and maybe Ridley will be able to see Ray's revenge against them when he bacomes a true Assassin (it is a story of mine...hehe...)
Well...that sounds like if Soundwave would suddenly start displaying smilies on his fa- oh...wait...anyway, is there any expalanion why he suddenly became not serious? Like he got hit in the head by giant Ubisoft money bag or it is before some kind of a...er...emotional trauma...um...anyway, will his revenge be violent and...i guess spoilers are a bad thing.

Oh, and i sent that image to you. Ridley`s thumb looks kinda weird because it was not designed to be posed like that.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

I made this and would love some constructive criticism and also made a BRSTM of it if you wanna Brawl to it. I think this sounds pretty good, and I think this speed sounds best, the percussion really goes well mashed. Anyways, if Ridley's revealed, I'm gonna be blasting this all day :evil:

Hope you guys like it!!! Took me about an hour plus to get it sounding right! (and it is loud for you headphone users out there)

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Wonder if It's possible to recreate this in Smash With Midna and Ridley, Since the Midna assist trophy apparently throws people around

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wonder if It's possible to recreate this in Smash With Midna and Ridley, Since the Midna assist trophy apparently throws people around

That would be hilarious and epic. Seriously, though, already posting this? This video literally just went up. :p

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
When they announced Pac-Man, No RIdley at E3 suddenly made a lot of sense

RIDLEY, OH MYGOOOOOOOOOODDDD
Hey Uh we're also announcing Pac-
RIDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYY
Yeah RIdley's Cool but could you just-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
Yeah we should've saved him for August
*muffled imitations of Ridley in the distance*

And then, after many weeks, and all the noise finally quieted down.....

Yaaaaaaaaaaay

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I borrowed a friends Wii so I could play some Brawl (because my wii is old and just wont read Smash no longer??).

Played some Peach and I rarely do. I must say that the hover mechanic is genuinely amazing to play with. If it is true that Ridley will have one, and that makes a lot of sense for him to have. I will be so glad.

D

Deleted member

Nothing ever happens in this thread

everrrrrrrrrr

Sorry the lack of any smash news since E3 is starting to get to me
Even today's pic could technically be considered filler. :c

Why you do dis Sakurai?

Whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........?????????

Top Bottom