• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Sakurai may not be crazy enough to make this poorly thought out of a decision, but I can easily see him passing up the august direct and saving Ridley for when the game comes out. Which is unfortunate, because that's stretching it out way too long IMO. But he probably WOULD be hidden, so I don't know.
I'm waiting for the day when Sakurai will finally publicly acknowledge his status as a Master Troll and don a Troll Face Mask in his next Nintendo Direct/Public Appearance.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Sakurai may not be crazy enough to make this poorly thought out of a decision, but I can easily see him passing up the august direct and saving Ridley for when the game comes out. Which is unfortunate, because that's stretching it out way too long IMO. But he probably WOULD be hidden, so I don't know.
It's certainly possible, but if you ask me it wouldn't make sense. Why keep Ridley's fate under wraps until release? Wouldn't it make sense to give him a grand hype trailer before the game comes out to drum up more excitement? To discover Ridley's status after the game comes out would have significantly less impact, which is counterproductive to the way Sakurai is building the whole situation up.

But again like you said, him making a terrible decision can't be ruled out either.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
This isn't exactly concerning Smash Bros, but I have a feeling you Ridley fans will appreciated it.

As you can see, it's a LEGO model of Meta Ridley, which I made a while back and recently updated to be more accurate. If you want to possibly get one of your own, support the project on LEGO Ideas and, if we can reach 10,000 supports, it will be considered for production as an official set. Helping spread the word would really help as well.

I also experimented with a version with larger wings, I would love to hear some feedback:

The yellow parts are meant to represent cloth pieces (which are unfortunately absent from LEGO Digital Designer), which could easily be used to create light-weight and larger wings.

D

Deleted member

This isn't exactly concerning Smash Bros, but I have a feeling you Ridley fans will appreciated it.

As you can see, it's a LEGO model of Meta Ridley, which I made a while back and recently updated to be more accurate. If you want to possibly get one of your own, support the project on LEGO Ideas and, if we can reach 10,000 supports, it will be considered for production as an official set. Helping spread the word would really help as well.

I also experimented with a version with larger wings, I would love to hear some feedback:

The yellow parts are meant to represent cloth pieces (which are unfortunately absent from LEGO Digital Designer), which could easily be used to create light-weight and larger wings.

Also:

Or you can have a cookie if you'd like, your choice (I really just didn't want to post the same overused Putin Picture like some others)

Yeah I couldn't help it, 3rd time in less than a week's time, I know, go ahead and crucify me.

It's when people post/do amazing stuff like this that I start to wonder if I contribute at all to this thread and what I'm doing with my life... :c

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't know....

His shoulders, chest, back/lats, forearms, glutes and neck are looking pretty bulky and well-defined to me.

Not to mention that the "ectomorph" body type exists that is naturally very thin but can put on a good amount of muscle (I am one that has successfully accomplished this, for instance)
For example an Ectomorph Bodybuilder with the other body types (this is not me):

If decent/large muscle mass (along with muscular definition) isn't "muscular" then I don't know what is anymore and should probably stop lifting and dieting. :ohwell:

Also:

I can think of some more gruesome things that could be done, would anyone be interested? :awesome:
Well...then i am confused...really confused...at least to me he doesn`t looks muscular for some reasons...

I am. And i can think of even more gruesome things too...this is what i do when i have nothing to do or while im making Meta Ridley for MUGEN...just to design few thing, nothing else...
Ganondorf>Falcondorf>Falcondork>?
So, he can make this poorly decision...but i hope he won`t and that we will finally have both Ridley and Ganondorf instead of Bossley and Falcondumbodork.

Version of wings shown on top of your post would look better on normal Ridley.
Anyway, its a nice model and i hope you will succeed in your goal...kinda sounds like broken english to me...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Oh my goodness, YOU did that AWESOME Lego Meta Ridley?! Oh, when I first saw it on Deviantart I fell in love with it! you did an AMAZING job!

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Well that's not so much what I mean.

It's the entire notion of Sakurai teasing Ridley as a boss on Pyrosphere. This means that he is expecting newfound excitement in three things:

1) He is expecting new excitement from something which has literally been done in a different fighting game. Ridley was a boss / hazard on this exact stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions.
2) He is expecting new excitement from a character being in their standard role. Ridley has never been playable before. He was even a boss in the last Smash Bros. game. This is literally going, "Nothing's new! Exciting, huh? HUH??"
3) Sakurai must know boss hazards are not full grade boss battles. They are basically stage hazards you attack. So this is Sakurai teasing a character to be in a DOWNGRADED version of their normal role.
4) The entire notion of Ridley being a boss on that stage means he is a slow, small boss on a stage ten times his size. That's not pointing to good design.
5) Ridley is the only boss to receive this treatment. Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil were explicitly shown and had attention brought to them as soon as their stages were revealed. With Pyrosphere, we had to wait eight months to get a brief shadow and no further acknowledgement.

SO this would mean... that Sakurai is hyping up ONLY one boss, namely the one people frequently request to be playable. He is also hyping up a boss that in concept is poorly designed, is nothing new, and is an objective downgrade from his previous roles.

That entire notion literally does not make sense at any point.

Sure it's *POSSIBLE* that this is the outcome we get. But if it is, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed in Sakurai, and not even because he didn't make Ridley playable.
This deserves to be on the first post.

AndreaAC

Thanks! Nice to see that it's getting around. Glad everyone likes it!
No problem! :) And, I wish it was real. it is so beautifully made that I would spend money just to have it! -u- And it is Ridley, and I love Ridley, so I would get it without a doubt!

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
No problem! :) And, I wish it was real. it is so beautifully made that I would spend money just to have it! -u- And it is Ridley, and I love Ridley, so I would get it without a doubt!
Hopefully the LEGO Ideas project takes off and it at least gets considered to be real. Unfortunately right now LEGO doesn't make the purple parts necessary to build it in real life, or I would be all over that.

AndreaAC

Hopefully the LEGO Ideas project takes off and it at least gets considered to be real. Unfortunately right now LEGO doesn't make the purple parts necessary to build it in real life, or I would be all over that.
Yeah, and they would also need Nintendo's permission.....but, we can dream, right? :3 Hopefully that dream will come true someday! Just keep the great work!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Will someone buy Ridley...um...amibos...whatever this figures for gamepad were called just to have a Ridley figure?
And why did they made Samus figure and few MP:H figures, but not Ridley? That is not fair.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Will someone buy Ridley...um...amibos...whatever this figures for gamepad were called just to have a Ridley figure?
Of course, and you know it.:)

I wonder that too....Nintendo lost a great opportunity for it....but hopefully, now they will finally make one.

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I read something about Kraid a few pages back. Is he a boss in Smash Run or not? My cousin says GameXplain was just talking about him.

EDIT: This totally relates to Ridley, by the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I read something about Kraid a few pages back. Is he a boss in Smash Run or not? My cousin says GameXplain was just talking about him.

EDIT: This totally relates to Ridley, by the way.
Gamexplain's guest Kirbopher said that while he was playing the Smash Run demo at Nintendo World a Nintendo Rep told him that Kraid was a Smash Run boss along with a "Large Kremling." (I doubt this would be K. Rool).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Gamexplain's guest Kirbopher said that while he was playing the Smash Run demo at Nintendo World a Nintendo Rep told him that Kraid was a Smash Run boss along with a "Large Kremling." (I doubt this would be K. Rool).
Oh dang, Kraid's back. He hasn't been in a game in years, so it's nice to see him get some representation (lol). Plus, I'd love to see the flying claw-spikes again.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, I searched "ridley plushie" on google and it was the first result on images.
I didn't really do any other research than that but I find it really kind of adorable.
Dammit, I just did some research on it and figured out that you couldn't actually buy one.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Sorry if it has, but dang, dude did his research. Has some bad words in it, just a warning..

I agree with everything except the little mac and samus comparison. I am pretty sure Sakurai only did that as a callback to the smash bros Dojo page on Little Mac where he compared his size to samus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Sorry if it has, but dang, dude did his research. Has some bad words in it, just a warning..

Can someone show a link for this? I need this for my arguments to counter 'lol hes confirmed get mad ridley*&^'

EDIT: Majora, Sakurai stopped making Kirby games after Air Ride, Returns to dreamland had nothing to do with him

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm waiting for the day when Sakurai will finally publicly acknowledge his status as a Master Troll and don a Troll Face Mask in his next Nintendo Direct/Public Appearance.
Sakurai-san has learned well from Kojima-senpai.

But he'll have to wait for Kojima to retire from the Master Troll position before he can claim it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, Brawl had two Metroid bosses. And, technically speaking, Sm4sh has at least two already.
At least 2 bosses in sm4sh? You must be a non supporter, and both metroid bosses in brawl were Ridley, so that is somewhat understandable compared to making two of the most iconic classic metroid bosses bosses when millions want one of 'em playable

D

Deleted member

At least 2 bosses in sm4sh? You must be a non supporter, and both metroid bosses in brawl were Ridley, so that is somewhat understandable compared to making two of the most iconic classic metroid bosses bosses when millions want one of 'em playable
If the playable/stage boss Duality exists for Ridley, then @ PowerBomb PowerBomb would technically be right because we would have a form of Ridley as the Stage Boss for Pyrosphere and Kraid in Smash Run, but again, we can't make the assumption that such a duality exists.

D'oh, thought Powerbomb strictly meant metroid bosses *I slap myself*
Metroid bosses. And, technically speaking, Sm4sh has at least two already.
Looking at what he said again, I think he did, so as I said before: I don't know how to read.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Can someone show a link for this? I need this for my arguments to counter 'lol hes confirmed get mad ridley*&^'

EDIT: Majora, Sakurai stopped making Kirby games after Air Ride, Returns to dreamland had nothing to do with him
Is that a fact? Well I assume I can attribute Kirby 64 to him instead. It still serves my point just fine. :B

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Good read, now I can copy paste a simple picture to any Ridley hater.

Also, have you guys seen this size comparison?

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
D'oh, thought Powerbomb strictly meant metroid bosses *I slap myself*
I did. I was talking about Mother Brain and Ridley, both of which are in the game and, technically, count as Metroid bosses.

Does anyone have a Pikachu shadow? As in, a picture where Ridley grabs Pikachu and the action is reflected in the shadows?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Good read, now I can copy paste a simple picture to any Ridley hater.

Also, have you guys seen this size comparison?
That's a very old one. Since Pikachu's shadow is hard to see, its not a very good comparison. When in the air the shadows are full size, when on the ground the shadows stretch out more.

I did. I was talking about Mother Brain and Ridley, both of which are in the game and, technically, count as Metroid bosses.

Does anyone have a Pikachu shadow? As in, a picture where Ridley grabs Pikachu and the action is reflected in the shadows?
Ridley never grabs Pikachu. That's merely Ridley's leg in front of his tail.

Top Bottom