• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Is this the version of Ridley that people support most for SSB4? Just curious.
I dunno, but this seems to be the most likely model used for Smash, based on the Direct.
Personally, there's no way Ridley can be a boss and a fighter, as this size was based on the brief "Other Boss character appearances" segment and is not wishful thinking.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I dunno, but this seems to be the most likely model used for Smash, based on the Direct.
Personally, there's no way Ridley can be a boss and a fighter, as this size was based on the brief "Other Boss character appearances" segment and is not wishful thinking.
This version of Ridley looks awesome is all I got to say about it.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That's interesting. Though of course Dark Emperor still seems to be a bit larger still. And on a much smaller stage than Pyrosphere. If I remember right, that picture encompasses the entire larger side of the stage.
Remember that the shot is at an angle.
Are there any straight-on shots of the stage?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Remember that the shot is at an angle.
Are there any straight-on shots of the stage?

Every angle of this stage we have ever seen is covered in this screenshot. He seems to basically take up the entirety of the smaller platform, and a fourth or so of the larger one.

So even if he's small compared to Yellow Devil and is closer to playable size, the fact of the matter is he is a boss who takes up a much larger chunk of their own stage than a 9th or a 10th.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Every angle of this stage we have ever seen is covered in this screenshot. He seems to basically take up the entirety of the smaller platform, and a fourth or so of the larger one.

So even if he's small compared to Yellow Devil and is closer to playable size, the fact of the matter is he is a boss who takes up a much larger chunk of their own stage than a 9th or a 10th.
I would say in that screenshot, he's only slightly too large to be a good playable size. If they shrunk him down by like, I dunno, 1 fifth, he'd be bowser sized, easy.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

He is in the background in this pic so he is actually larger then this.

http://youtu.be/FJhU9PffxWk?t=46s

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Wow, I've been spending too much time on this thread. I started posting on smashboards like a week ago and It says I already posted 109 times. This is the only place I've posted. I think I'm a little too invested in Ridley.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Awh man. I had a very realistic dream of Ridley being revealed. For a little bit after waking up, I thought the memory of it was of something real. I wasn't even freaking out about it, I was just critically analyzing the trailer, lol. "That moveset was a little unimaginative," "Really thought he'd make more use of flying," among other things like "Oh, I should probably check on how the thread is reacting."

He didn't have his own little CG video either, the reveal was more like Zero Suit Samus's. Just a voiceover of Sakurai going "You probably thought this character was just a stage boss... WELL!"

Oh well.
I would hate Sakurai if Ridley didn't get a CG trailer.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
I had a Ridley dream today. I was Ridley (as in I was actually Ridley, not playing him) in a smash battle, I ended up losing to the ice climbers. Not really something that has to do with his fate like everyone else's dreams but I thought I could share mine anyways.

Am I cool now?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I had a Ridley dream today. I was Ridley (as in I was actually Ridley, not playing him) in a smash battle, I ended up losing to the ice climbers. Not really something that has to do with his fate like everyone else's dreams but I thought I could share mine anyways.

Am I cool now?
Inb4 Ridley and ice climbers revealed together. Prophetic visions? Yeah, I'd say you're cool.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Please forgive this foolish mortal for not noticing your gender, AndreaAC! My punishment shall be Ridley not getting in smash serving you all coffee now *Gives everyone coffee*
xD Don't worry! that has happened a couple of times but... nah, it is no big deal....and coffee? oOOH! I want cookies with it!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

xD Don't worry! that has happened a couple of times but... nah, it is no big deal....and coffee? oOOH! I want cookies with it!
I vote as the Employee Coordinator of the Lounge that we make an executive order to ban caffeinated coffee and especially cookies, all that caffeine from the coffee and all the sugar, useless carbs, and potentially fat from the cookies is unnecessary and unhealthy.

After all, if all we do is eat cookies and drink coffee we'll never achieve the great bodies that Ridley and Roidley have:

:troll:

I'm half-kidding :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Man, I gotta start having some Ridley dreams, I feel left out.
Speak for yourself. I've been having Ridley nightmares.

There's this one time where I dreamed that there were team battle versions of boss fights, in which one of them had Ridley and King K. Rool fighting together.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Speak for yourself. I've been having Ridley nightmares.

There's this one time where I dreamed that there were team battle versions of boss fights, in which one of them had Ridley and King K. Rool fighting together.
Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dreams with Ridley again? Why i don`t have any?! The only thing i`ve got today was a pretty weird alien invasion...with Nemesis (ship from transformers) above Big Ben that looked too low to be Big Ben...

Back to Ridley:

This is a pretty good sculpture by NeroKarasu from deviantArt. What do you think of it?
And:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dreams with Ridley again? Why i don`t have any?! The only thing i`ve got today was a pretty weird alien invasion...with Nemesis (ship from transformers) above Big Ben that looked too low to be Big Ben...

Back to Ridley:

This is a pretty good sculpture by NeroKarasu from deviantArt. What do you think of it?
I think it'd be pretty hard for this Ridley to fly with part of his wings injected into his shoulders like that. :troll:

It's actually really good/cool though, I could never hope to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I vote as the Employee Coordinator of the Lounge that we make an executive order to ban caffeinated coffee and especially cookies, all that caffeine from the coffee and all the sugar, useless carbs, and potentially fat from the cookies is unnecessary and unhealthy.

After all, if all we do is eat cookies and drink coffee we'll never achieve the great bodies that Ridley and Roidley have:

I'm half-kidding :awesome:
If anything Ridley is the one who needs to go on a diet. He needs to get small enough to make it into smash.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think it'd be pretty hard for this Ridley to fly with part of his wings injected into his shoulders like that. :troll:

It's actually really good/cool though, I could never hope to do that.
Mean neither. :ohwell:

However, this does remind me to say that my painting of Ridley will (probably) finally be finished sometime next week. Can't wait to share it with you all.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Nah, it just because of the angle. Otherwise, they are separate. Even if they are not, he still can jump and flap them, like in original Metroid.

...i already archieved Ridley`s and i eat cookies if there is any, so, you can eat cookies without having to worry about that.

Top Bottom