• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh I know that. but there's a glitch where he is flying to make the shockwave attack, and when I shoot him in the mouth, instead of falling on his butt, he touches the ground and jumps backwards while flapping his wings in a very strange way, and he ends up a LOT of steps away from where he was originally.
At least there is no glitch that makes him go into T-Pose or get binded to Samus` arm cannon. That would be creepy.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Just remember, guys. Smash Bros has always had 4 or so unannounced new characters "hidden" in the game (Since, you know, leaks), and Gematsu only has three left. Especially if Chrom or Shulk is announced at the next Direct, it's fair to expect there to be one or two more newcomers beyond what Gematsu's guys have. Which, with the Miis taken as three newcomers, would put us at 16 newcomers as compared to Brawl's 18. Especially with the Miis being kind of low effort compared to the other newcomers, this is in line with Sakurai's worries that just adding a bunch of newcomers wouldn't make the game better.

And it's like, who is even left to add before Ridley (And K. Rool) besides B-list or C-list protagonists like Isaac (No offense)? Especially with no antagonist newcomers yet, with Melee and Brawl each adding at least two, I'm honestly feeling the jangle in my spangle about Ridley being a(n open) secret newcomer.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
At least there is no glitch that makes him go into T-Pose or get binded to Samus` arm cannon. That would be creepy.
A T-pose glitch may be creepy, but I would find it helpful to make a photo session to him, since I look for MORE references...and the other one....nope, I'm glad it never happens....now THAT'S creepy....

majora_787

Smash Hero
Just remember, guys. Smash Bros has always had 4 or so unannounced new characters "hidden" in the game (Since, you know, leaks), and Gematsu only has three left. Especially if Chrom or Shulk is announced at the next Direct, it's fair to expect there to be one or two more newcomers beyond what Gematsu's guys have. Which, with the Miis taken as three newcomers, would put us at 16 newcomers as compared to Brawl's 18. Especially with the Miis being kind of low effort compared to the other newcomers, this is in line with Sakurai's worries that just adding a bunch of newcomers wouldn't make the game better.

And it's like, who is even left to add before Ridley (And K. Rool) besides B-list or C-list protagonists like Isaac (No offense)? Especially with no antagonist newcomers yet, with Melee and Brawl each adding at least two, I'm honestly feeling the jangle in my spangle about Ridley being a(n open) secret newcomer.
Four is like the established minimum. Melee had like nine newcomers post-release. I'm imagining we'll get a newcomer in August and get between 5 and 7 newcomers saved for post-release. Plenty of room for Ridley, Gematsu or no Gematsu.

majora_787

Smash Hero
SPOILER ALERT
It's actually Ridley in disguise
Instead of A Dragon it's A Ridley? :awesome:

They just make the most generic looking purple dragon possible and call it "a Ridley". And then you play as it and its stage entry is Ridley suddenly erupting out of its chest and replacing it as a playable character.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
SPOILER ALERT
It's actually Ridley in disguise
No it is
ridley in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in bowser disguise

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I have studying the Ridley Debate for about 3 weaks for an analysis video. I am going to post my conclusion about Ridley's shadow here first.

I think Ridley has a good chance to be playable for the fallowing reasons.

-"I think that would probably be impossible. If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right?"- Sakurai in a 2008 Nintendo Power. This quote makes me believe that sakurai's real problem with Ridley is not that he is TOO BIG, He is to fast. So when looking at the shadow did you notice anything about it?

I doubt that Sakurai would make a slow Ridley if not a playable character.

-Sakurai is aware of Ridley's popularity and would not be cruel to people who want him. Sakurai hates to disappoints fans and will try not to make them angry. The thought that he does like to be cruel to fans come the Waluigi POTD were people took his quote as a message to waluigi supporters.

I doubt that he actually meant it like that. Waluigi has been described as a hardworker in past smash brothers games, so this was most likely directed at waluigi himself rather then his fans. Sakurai would not tease Ridley the way he did if he did not know about the debate and support for the character. Sakurai is called a troll by many of his fans, but he would not mess with them with out any pay off.

-Why would sakurai tease what he already did.
Ridley's shadow in the direct was obviously hinting a boss, weather if that hint is a misdirection or not is being debated about. The most obvious assumption is that Ridley is a boss and sakurai is trying to hype stage hazard-ly. The main issue is that why would sakruai try to hype something that he and other developers already did. Sakurai put Ridley has a boss in the SSE twice and Team Ninja but Roidly in Dead or Alive dimensions.

I think that means

A. Ridley's boss fights has something more to it then just a boss fight. (Many think it would be a gamepad gimmick)
B. Sakurai is trying to mislead us, to create a big surprise when ridley is playable.

majora_787

Smash Hero
No it is
ridley in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in ridley disguise in goomba disguise in bowser disguise
And the plot twist is, it's not even Ridley in all of those disguises. It's Ridley's clone Roidley's cousin Rodney's annoying neighbor Radley. Sakura can be heard laughing in the distance.

EDIT: We have no reason to believe stage bosses function any differently from Yellow Devil or Dark Emperor. Aside from that, it's either Sakurai attempting to hype up something that is not only in no way new, but is a downgrade, or Sakurai hyping up a playable Ridley.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And the plot twist is, it's not even Ridley in all of those disguises. It's Ridley's clone Roidley's cousin Rodney's annoying neighbor Radley. Sakura can be heard laughing in the distance.
No, it is Ridley`s clone`s corpse`s mimic`s brother`s wife`s sister`s cousin`s mother`s father`s grandfather`s brother`s cousin`s sister`s daughter`s brother`s cousin`s clone.
Sakurai is laughing in the distance AND counting his money while in the Sm4sh Hype Train. Otherwise, it makes no sense.
-"I think that would probably be impossible. If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right?"- Sakurai in a 2008 Nintendo Power.
They didn`t even tried according to that quote, huh?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Jeez, just noticed this thread has over a million views.

Ridley deconfirmed, thread too big.
Ridley for Smash 4 Thread confirmed to be too big. Ridley for Smash 4 Thread deconfirmed as a playable character because of its size...wait a second, it might be possible to resize this thread to a more fitting size. :bowser:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Did someone just ask to resize the thread?

*select all*
*Merge these posts?*
*who will control this post?* @ R Ridley
*are you sure?*
Some user has already gotten the name Ridley and they've been inactive for more than 10+ years?

Why is this world so cruel? It reminds me of those twitter accounts who took the names of popular characters and failed to make use of them.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Did someone just ask to resize the thread?

*select all*
*Merge these posts?*
*who will control this post?* @ R Ridley
*are you sure?*
YES! And make all of the text small too. And purple.

Here is something weird:
Ridley`s common size (nearly 1-1 to his Super Metroid size):

What we want (or at least close to what we want):

And in detractors` vision and according to their words...
Ridley`s size in each game except for Melee and original Metroid for NES (but those don`t count because blah blah system limitations blah blah its only a cameo):

What we want that also is nonsense:

Im not sure about latter one, but whatever.
This texture is for now unfinished, but when i will finish it, it will look better. Kinda inspired by AndreaAC`s Catrin Ridley.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Here is something weird:

Ridley`s size in each game except for Melee and original Metroid for NES (but those don`t count because blah blah system limitations blah blah its only a cameo):

This texture is for now unfinished, but when i will finish it, it will look better. Kinda inspired by AndreaAC`s Catrin Ridley.
It's funny because I think the only time Ridley was anywhere near Detractor-Vision was Dark Meta Ridley, who isn't even canon and only exists in concept art.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's funny because I think the only time Ridley was anywhere near Detractor-Vision was Dark Meta Ridley, who isn't even canon and only exists in concept art.
But h3 15 5t1ll g14nt 1n 3v3ry g4m3 h3 4pp34r3d 1n 4nd y0u w4nt h1m t0 b3 v3ry sm4ll. H3 c4nt b3 r351z3d! R3m3mb3r M3tr01d Pr1m3 3? H3 w4s 3v3n b1gg3r th4n Sup3r M4r10 G4l4xy B0ws3r!
Anyway, that Dark Meta Ridley didn`t looked good, so, its a good thing he wasn`t in Prime 2.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Some user has already gotten the name Ridley and they've been inactive for more than 10+ years?

Why is this world so cruel? It reminds me of those twitter accounts who took the names of popular characters and failed to make use of them.
Shhhhhhhhhh. You're going to wake up the ghost.

majora_787

Smash Hero
But h3 15 5t1ll g14nt 1n 3v3ry g4m3 h3 4pp34r3d 1n 4nd y0u w4nt h1m t0 b3 v3ry sm4ll. H3 c4nt b3 r351z3d! R3m3mb3r M3tr01d Pr1m3 3? H3 w4s 3v3n b1gg3r th4n Sup3r M4r10 G4l4xy B0ws3r!
Anyway, that Dark Meta Ridley didn`t looked good, so, its a good thing he wasn`t in Prime 2.
I thought Dark Meta Ridley looked cool. :c He had an arm cannon and didn't akraid of anything.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I thought Dark Meta Ridley looked cool. :c He had an arm cannon and didn't akraid of anything.
This arm cannon is too big to me awesome for a dragon. Big arm cannons look awesome on robots like Shockwave, but not on dragons. If it would be smaller and if his armor design was a little bit different (especially his "helmet"...i know that it isn`t a helmet, but it looks like one) then he would be awesome. At least he isn`t awkwraid of anything.

majora_787

Smash Hero
This arm cannon is too big to me awesome for a dragon. Big arm cannons look awesome on robots like Shockwave, but not on dragons. If it would be smaller and if his armor design was a little bit different (especially his "helmet"...i know that it isn`t a helmet, but it looks like one) then he would be awesome. At least he isn`t awkwraid of anything.
But Ridley's not just ANY dragon.

That's like. What. A SPACE DRAGON PIRATE CYBORG with LUMINOTH TECHNOLOGY TRANSFUSIONS who also has an arm cannon? Sure.

And really of course he's going to look like he has some sort of helmet or mask on of some variety. He's partially a machine. There are bare bits of him all over and it generally looks strange-ish the more you notice it.

Last edited:

Ridley

Smash Rookie

I've been training all of this time to reduce my body weight so Sakurai-senpai would notice me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But Ridley's not just ANY dragon.

That's like. What. A SPACE DRAGON PIRATE CYBORG with LUMINOTH TECHNOLOGY TRANSFUSIONS who also has an arm cannon? Sure.

And really of course he's going to look like he has some sort of helmet or mask on of some variety. He's partially a machine. There are bare bits of him all over and it generally looks strange-ish the more you notice it.
Oh, i forgot that he is a Ninja Space Dragon Pirate Cybor- Wait...Luminoth technology? Then it gets really weird...anyway if he can`t crawl, then he isn`t better than Metroid. If he can crawl, then he is awesome...but still i would prefer him to stay thin and not so bul-
I've been training all of this time to reduce my body weight so Sakurai-senpai would notice me.
F**K ANY KIND OF DISCUSSION! RIDLEY IS HERE! ALL HAIL OUR TRUE AND ONLY LEADER, RIDLEY!
...is that one of the mods or that old account is finaly used?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not even sure. I seriously doubt they coincidentally glanced at Smashboards at the moment where someone went @ R Ridley for the first time in thirteen years, but I guess it's possible? xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Here is something weird:

U2A571_0D9D83AFB299E_000.gif

OuO Glad that my concept inspired you for it! :3

domokl

Smash Lord
Are we even sure that dark ridley wasn't just a mech? Looking at the concept art he seems to have some sort of cockpit at the top so it could just be a mech

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Are we even sure that dark ridley wasn't just a mech? Looking at the concept art he seems to have some sort of cockpit at the top so it could just be a mech
All we have on Dark Meta Ridley is two pictures of concept art which shows nothing but his general design and him being like 20 feet tall. MAYBE Meta Ridley was piloting a giant Ridley mech. That would have been so badass, no wonder it wasn't in MP2. It was actually TOO badass to really happen in Metroid.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All we have on Dark Meta Ridley is two pictures of concept art which shows nothing but his general design and him being like 20 feet tall. MAYBE Meta Ridley was piloting a giant Ridley mech. That would have been so badass, no wonder it wasn't in MP2. It was actually TOO badass to really happen in Metroid.
Or it was Ridley piloting Meta Ridley piloting Meta Meta Ridley piloting Meta Meta Meta Ridley piloting Extra Meta Shmeta Ridley piloting Dark Meta Ridley...hm...

Top Bottom