• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
We proved and agreed that the shadow we saw was in fact not "too big", COULD very well stay in the air for six seconds while moving horizontally (a thing a character can already do for some less time), and we also agreed on the fact that it also does not deconfirm Ridley as a playable character.
No, that was a boss.

He showed the clip right after explaining the Yellow Devil, and said "there are other boss characters as well". And then there's the piece of his wing, which juts out far too much. The playable one will probably have his wing scaled down the most.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Chance of him being a playable character is 87.59%. Chance of him being a boss is 12.4%. Chance of him being an assist trophy is 0.01%.

Welcome, PerfectChaos9, enjoy staying here because we won`t let you escape now...right?

...and for some reasons, i thought his/her rank is "Smash Cookie" instead of "Smash Rookie"...maybe im just hungry and want some cookies...
???
Here's your cookie. A HUGE cookie!

I introduce you to:

WingedSnagley!

It's missing something...

That's Rid's alright.
Actually, if you look hard enough...

:troll:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Once Ridley enters your dreams, there is no escape. He's already claimed your mind. You are now enslaved to the the dragon's wishes. Your every waking moment will be in service to our Space Pirate lord. :evil:

So have a nice day!
:bee:
I was doomed to be a Space Pirate ever since I literally was Kraid for a time. Ridley's always been someone I looked up to as a Pirate underling and my day is better knowing that somewhere, Ridley is smiling down on all of us.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, that was a boss.

He showed the clip right after explaining the Yellow Devil, and said "there are other boss characters as well". And then there's the piece of his wing
It was implied to be a boss, but it was never directly stated, and despite all the pictures and footage we've seen of the game since the Direct, we have yet to see even see Ridley. There has yet to be an official confirmation of what his role in the game is.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
EDIT: Oh for the love of...

2. The actual mechanics of Little Mac's KO punch are irrelevant to the point I was making.
3. You seem to not want to be taken seriously.
4. The point is that stating something while something is shown are not required to be immediately related if they are not directly connected. And they were not directly connected.
5. Are you really using a character appearing on a stage as evidence of being a boss?

ENTIRE PLAYABLE ROSTER CONFIRMED TO BE BOSSES ON EVERY STAGE.

You are deliberately being obnoxious and difficult. The issue is not that speculation is happening. The issue is that in a discussion about FACTS, you are exclusively founding everything you say off speculation.

The issue is *ALSO* not that you don't think he is playable. You are literally and deliberately ignoring the points that are being made. You've proven that you literally have no intention of allowing yourself to be taken seriously, and no intention of participating in a serious discussion like a normal person.

You can respond all you want, but just letting you know, I'm done. I gave you facts and you responded with ignoring everything and making guesses.
Wowowow, before it goes futher away, I never intended to be offensive, sorry if you took it like this, it was never my intention.
I just wanted to express my opinions with facts too, with pictures, sentences and videos.
Now if you don't want to answer, it's ok, just don't think I made those comments to make you angry. We are only speculating over a character in a video game, and we have not basically no facts ; the shadow size work is speculation too, as Ridley could be a bit bigger or smaller.

2. I was talking about Little Mac because you mentioned him !
3. It was sarcasm to show that we're all speculating here.
4. Ridley was a boss in Brawl. Ridley was shown in the YD section while Sakurai was talking about Boss characters. It's speculation too, but yours, not mine, which is Ridley hinted to be playable while you think it doesn't have anything to do.
5. He didn't get his own page on the website, and except for Palutena's leak, we saw no other characters who were highly hinted playable with pictures of them on stages before. Toon Link was at the back of the stage.

And if you're done, please don't hold grudge against me. I just wanted to make a statement. :mad088:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It was implied to be a boss, but it was never directly stated, and despite all the pictures and footage we've seen of the game since the Direct, we have yet to see even see Ridley. There has yet to be an official confirmation of what his role in the game is.
That, and it was a tail. Not a wing.

As has been said:

Mentioning "other boss appearances" with Ridley's shadow in the background is just as much of a deconfirmation as "over 20 unexpected characters" with Ridley in the background was a confirmation. We have no legitimate evidence guaranteeing that the statements were connected. We DO have evidence that it is entirely possible that they weren't.

And really, talking about other bosses is whatever it is. Of course he was going to talk about Yellow Devil in the "Yellow Devil" section of the direct. (Not Boss section.)

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I do think he will be playable too, just like Toon Link and the Miis, but "implied" is a complete understatement. Clone Ridley from Other M will be a boss, saying that what we saw in the direct was playable is just Ridley-iculous.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I do think he will be playable too, just like Toon Link and the Miis, but "implied" is a complete understatement. Clone Ridley from Other M will be a boss, saying that what we saw in the direct was playable is just Ridley-iculous.
Showing a bowser sized pinata in a vague way is as valid as showing a monster similar to Palutena in the trophy quiz

majora_787

Smash Hero
Unless you have any actual evidence whatsoever to support these kinds of statements, you're the one being "ridley-iculous".

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Such thrilling conversations going on right now...and by thrilling I mean I've seen Curling matches more thrilling than this.

Are we really still talking about this boss battle crap? Are people really still hellbent on this Ridley boss thing? Oi Vei...fine, let's take a look at it:

Ridley has been:

-Talked about through the fact that the Pyrosphere Stage is where Ridley battled Samus, hence Sakurai's comment on trauma
-Been absent for nearly a full year of any solid info
-Shadow was shown off in discussion about Yellow Devil, nothing confirmed but a implication
-Was not seen at E3, although Nabbit confirmed that unfinished stages were playable at E3...

So what about this makes Ridley 100% boss again?

Hinted at in the Pyrosphere reveal? That was regarding the stage, not the character
Shadow shown off? A hint when it was the perfect time to show him means more than just "Boss"
Ridley not complete? Incomplete stages were playable at E3.
Totally a boss? The lack of information, being the only thing to not show up in the hundreds of screenshots after the Nintendo Direct, and a no-show at E3 makes it too unknown to call anything.

As a speculator, there's nothing that pisses me off more than people who think they know what's going to happen when they in truth know as much as the rest of us, which is very little considering it's Sakurai we get our info from. So, if I may just ask...drop the Ridley Boss schtick, it's getting older than "Ridley is too big" at this point.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
This isn't even a speculation thing. If you're going to make declarations of outcomes as if they're facts, then you're kind of obligated to provide some legitimate evidence. Jumping to a conclusion is one thing. Claiming things as facts when the facts don't actually add up to a conclusive result is a little bit different.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Detractors are always going on about how Ridley is too big. Yet they keep making this thread bigger by arguing that fact.

Irony is a wonderfully hilarious thing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ridley is going to be a boss at the end of Samus' adventure mode. Then you unlock him as a playable character.

The fact alone that Ridley appears way closer to a playable character than a boss is what sells it for me, then there's the fact that Ridley was never disconfirmed outright and all the shadow comparisons... Its all coming together, its a sign of the apocolypse, RUN!

majora_787

Smash Hero
People that say that Ridley is TOO BIG are the ones that makes his support thread bigger, A bit ironic isn't it?
The thread is what's REALLY too big.

Headcanon: The Ridley from the direct is so small because this thread got so big that it began siphoning his bigocity from him.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Such thrilling conversations going on right now...and by thrilling I mean I've seen Curling matches more thrilling than this.

Are we really still talking about this boss battle crap? Are people really still hellbent on this Ridley boss thing? Oi Vei...fine, let's take a look at it:

Ridley has been:

-Talked about through the fact that the Pyrosphere Stage is where Ridley battled Samus, hence Sakurai's comment on trauma
-Been absent for nearly a full year of any solid info
-Shadow was shown off in discussion about Yellow Devil, nothing confirmed but a implication
-Was not seen at E3, although Nabbit confirmed that unfinished stages were playable at E3...

So what about this makes Ridley 100% boss again?

Hinted at in the Pyrosphere reveal? That was regarding the stage, not the character
Shadow shown off? A hint when it was the perfect time to show him means more than just "Boss"
Ridley not complete? Incomplete stages were playable at E3.
Totally a boss? The lack of information, being the only thing to not show up in the hundreds of screenshots after the Nintendo Direct, and a no-show at E3 makes it too unknown to call anything.

As a speculator, there's nothing that pisses me off more than people who think they know what's going to happen when they in truth know as much as the rest of us, which is very little considering it's Sakurai we get our info from. So, if I may just ask...drop the Ridley Boss schtick, it's getting older than "Ridley is too big" at this point.
You're angry because people think he is a boss, so do we have the right to be pissed of because you think he is playable without any evidence too ? :yeahboi:

Those four points you made are implying him more as a boss than a playable character. I thought we could at least agree on that, but if you don't want to accept the possibility that it could suggest Ridley being a boss, then you're the one who thinks that he knows what'll happen more than anyone of us, no offense. You're all being angry for such a little thing guys. If he is playable, no one will be mad, and it's better to be pessimist and having a good surprise than being too optimist and end up with a boss.

Detractors are always going on about how Ridley is too big. Yet they keep making this thread bigger by arguing that fact.

Irony is a wonderfully hilarious thing.
People that say that Ridley is TOO BIG are the ones that makes his support thread bigger, A bit ironic isn't it?
You are now even making the same comments guys. :dk:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, there's this game called "Heart of Darkness". The Game Grumps started playing it, and it turns out that the game's generic mooks are all tiny, tailless carbon copies of Ridley.

Like, DEAD ON copies of Ridley.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So, there's this game called "Heart of Darkness". The Game Grumps started playing it, and it turns out that the game's generic mooks are all tiny, tailless carbon copies of Ridley.

Like, DEAD ON copies of Ridley.

Walking Ridley confirmed with a dog.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You're angry because people think he is a boss, so do we have the right to be pissed of because you think he is playable without any evidence too ? :yeahboi:

Those four points you made are implying him more as a boss than a playable character. I thought we could at least agree on that, but if you don't want to accept the possibility that it could suggest Ridley being a boss, then you're the one who thinks that he knows what'll happen more than anyone of us, no offense. You're all being angry for such a little thing guys. If he is playable, no one will be mad, and it's better to be pessimist and having a good surprise than being too optimist and end up with a boss.
Did I ever state I think he was playable in that entire argument? No. Did I ever present evidence that solidified playability? No. What does any of this have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing. I said nothing's set in stone, and the way you try to argue for it is incredibly easy to rebuttal against. And I didn't even say anything that even made me sound like I know what's going to happen...I just stated the facts about the situation, if you take that as "making me sound like the superior" then you clearly don't know how to argue.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Did I ever state I think he was playable in that entire argument? No. Did I ever present evidence that solidified playability? No. What does any of this have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing. I said nothing's set in stone, and the way you try to argue for it is incredibly easy to rebuttal against. And I didn't even say anything that even made me sound like I know what's going to happen...I just stated the facts about the situation, if you take that as "making me sound like the superior" then you clearly don't know how to argue.
Just leave him alone to talk to himself. He's made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want to have an actual conversation with people here, at least not a serious one about actual facts.

EDIT: Wow. Not quite, but there is a resemblance.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Did I ever state I think he was playable in that entire argument? No.

Well if you don't think he is playable, good for you. The "you" was for all the die-hard supporters. ^^

Did I ever present evidence that solidified playability? No.
Because there is no evidence ! ^^

What does any of this have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.
Actually you're pissed off because people use those quotes that heavily imply Ridley as a boss and think they know what'll happen. They seem to be the ones closer from the truth than the supporters actually so you can't be pissed off about it ! ^^

I said nothing's set in stone, and the way you try to argue for it is incredibly easy to rebuttal against. And I didn't even say anything that even made me sound like I know what's going to happen...I just stated the facts about the situation, if you take that as "making me sound like the superior" then you clearly don't know how to argue.
"but if you don't want to accept the possibility that it could suggest Ridley being a boss, then you're the one who thinks that he knows what'll happen more than anyone of us, no offense."

That's what I wrote, no edit, nothing. If you're not concerned, you don't have to read it my dear ! ^^

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1 post before page 1000th, one of the mods (IsmaR i guess) locked this thread to prevent it from...um...overloading...bugging...i don`t know what. Then they unlocked it after realizing that it actually happens after page 2000th.
The entire thing was a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The entire thing was a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.
So we can reach the 2000th page without bugs ? Thus keeping this thread alive forever ? :mario:

"We're gonna be on this thread forever !"

"I never said that, I just said bugs wouldn't be the reasons it'll be locked !"

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So... interesting tidbit, found this on Ridley's page on Smashpedia:

• On the official Japanese polls Ridley was voted for four times to be playable. The highest vote was for King Dedede with five.
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley#Trivia

Anyone have proof of this? Because if so, it only proves that Japanese fans DO want Ridley, even if they don't want him as much as western fans. Granted, this was back around the time of Brawl.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well if you don't think he is playable, good fot you. The "you" was for all the die-hard supporters. ^^
I'm starting to not really care, especially considering there's way too many stupid people to deal with as we wait for information. Not quite there, but it's getting there.

Because there is no evidence ! ^^
There's also no evidence to confirm he's a boss either, but nice try.

Actually you're pissed off because people use those quotes that heavily imply Ridley as a boss and think they know what'll happen. They seem to be the ones closer from the truth than the supporters actually so you can't be pissed off about it !
Pissed off =/= disappointment, but whatever. That, and the fact that those quotes being used as solid evidence to imply he's a boss don't mean much, especially when compared to the other quotes and/or facts about the situation. Also, if you think this is being pissed off, you truly don't really know much about debating. That, and hearing the same song and dance only to keep disproving it really does ware on my patience at times, and trust me, I'm pretty sure I put up with it the most out of anybody here. I think Ridley could actually be both a boss AND a playable character, but that's just me.

"but if you don't want to accept the possibility that it could suggest Ridley being a boss, then you're the one who thinks that he knows what'll happen more than anyone of us, no offense."

That's what I wrote, no edit, nothing. If you're not concerned, you don't have to read it my dear ! ^^
And yet it's basically common sense that no characters have a 100% chance, it's an impossibility. And again, I already proved that statement about me thinking I know more than anyone, especially when all I did was relay the information of the situation at hand. If you take that as being superior, you're not really suited for this. And I am concerned, concerned with the fact that you're contributing nothing but...whatever the hell this is, because it certainly isn't a rebuttal.

@ majora_787 majora_787 : I know what you said, but this was almost too good to not pass up.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm starting to not really care, especially considering there's way too many stupid people to deal with as we wait for information. Not quite there, but it's getting there.

Pissed off =/= disappointment, but whatever. That, and the fact that those quotes being used as solid evidence to imply he's a boss don't mean much, especially when compared to the other quotes and/or facts about the situation. Also, if you think this is being pissed off, you truly don't really know much about debating. That, and hearing the same song and dance only to keep disproving it really does ware on my patience at times, and trust me, I'm pretty sure I put up with it the most out of anybody here. I think Ridley could actually be both a boss AND a playable character, but that's just me.

And yet it's basically common sense that no characters have a 100% chance, it's an impossibility. And again, I already proved that statement about me thinking I know more than anyone, especially when all I did was relay the information of the situation at hand. If you take that as being superior, you're not really suited for this. And I am concerned, concerned with the fact that you're contributing nothing but...whatever the hell this is, because it certainly isn't a rebuttal.

@ majora_787 majora_787 : I know what you said, but this was almost too good to not pass up.
No that notion is not "common sense" it is actually "common sense" that every character in the game has a 100% chance as they are objectively in the game. That is most certainly not an impossibility, it is an actuality. However, I commend you for attempt, nice try. :denzel:

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So we can reach the 2000th page without bugs ? Thus keeping this thread alive forever ?
I didn't say that. Just that we're not all filled with tumors we won't have to worry about that for a long time.

He'd more than likely be confirmed/disconfirmed by then, anyway.

Locking threads "as a joke" !?

Are mods seriously allowed do that!?
No, but it was actually locked because of how much people were spamming just to get to page 1,000 quicker. I suppose I should've worded it better: The reasoning wasn't true, but my warning was meant to be taken seriously.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No that notion is not "common sense" it is actually "common sense" that every character in the game has a 100% chance as they are objectively in the game. That is most certainly not an impossibility, it is an actuality. However, I commend you for attempt, nice try. :denzel:
You are aware that statement was about "newcomers" right?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Yeah people are stupid because they are talking about a videogame character being or not playable, so they deserved to be insulted. Keep going champ'. :yeahboi:

Pissed off =/= disappointment, but whatever.[/quoted]

"As a speculator, there's nothing that pisses me off more than people who think they know what's going to happen when they in truth know as much as the rest of us, which is very little considering it's Sakurai we get our info from. So, if I may just ask...drop the Ridley Boss schtick, it's getting older than "Ridley is too big" at this point."
Yeah well...

That, and the fact that those quotes being used as solid evidence to imply he's a boss don't mean much, especially when compared to the other quotes and/or facts about the situation.
I doubt they were placed randomly, but whatever ! ^^

Also, if you think this is being pissed off, you truly don't really know much about debating.
But you said you were pissed off.

That, and hearing the same song and dance only to keep disproving it really does ware on my patience at times, and trust me, I'm pretty sure I put up with it the most out of anybody here. I think Ridley could actually be both a boss AND a playable character, but that's just me
You must have such a weight on your shoulders... :alien:
Yeah, hearing the same things may make you angry, but if we can't say what we want, then where will the world go ? We state our opinions, we discuss over it with facts while other say it's speculations, and vice versa.

Looks like you didn't read my post but well, if what I said doesn't concern you, don't mind it !

I know what you said, but this was almost too good to not pass up.
So you have pleasure debating about the same thing over and over finally ? We'll spend a good night then. :denzel:

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Last edited:
Top Bottom