• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

So... interesting tidbit, found this on Ridley's page on Smashpedia:

• On the official Japanese polls Ridley was voted for four times to be playable. The highest vote was for King Dedede with five.
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley#Trivia

Anyone have proof of this? Because if so, it only proves that Japanese fans DO want Ridley, even if they don't want him as much as western fans. Granted, this was back around the time of Brawl.
I hate that ****ty wiki.
Use this one instead: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ridley#Trivia

They weren't votes. That crap wiki is going by the assumption that the list of characters Sakurai posted and how many times they were mentioned in fanmail on the old DOJO was a poll.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Guy's you're all stoopid lulz9001. Ridley's clearly going to be a Smash Run enemy. You can tell because he's clearly been scaled down from boss size. Some pepples think this means he'z playables, but that's just incorrect. Sakurai knows that popular villains make for poor playable characters (good thing Bowser, Gannondarf, and Omilar all suck as badguise, amiright?), and since we're tired of fitting Dyna Ridley, clearly the answer is to make him a PC-sized enemy like Goombas and Toon Link. But one will get the new Mega Mushroom Item in Subspace Ambassador (the story mode) and will be fought as a stage boss. He will have Captain Falcon's moveset. [/satire]

Morbi

Scavenger
You are aware that statement was about "newcomers" right?
Indeed. That is not entirely relevant, you do realize that the roster has been finalized for a year, correct? That means that the characters are already objectively in the game; therefore our arbitrary assessments of "chance" are not material. I suppose that was not common sense as it is a difficult concept to grasp here on Smashboards.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
"We're gonna speculate about one character and one character only: Ridley from the Metroid series."

"I'm not going to jump to conclusions about his playability after only seeing his shadow and tail, that's stupid. I don't even know what that means."

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hate the mods.

"Don't spread this joke because I don't like it"

"We're doing this voulintarily, so you should be thankful"

And now:

"I'm locking this thread as a joke, lol"

It just goes to show what happens when people are given power and there are no repercussions in place for when they abuse it.
I just clarified this. If you have an issue with them, take it to PMs/Forum Support, not vent out your frustration on public threads (especially if it's derailing the topic).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah people are stupid because they are talking about a videogame character being or not playable, so they deserved to be insulted. Keep going champ'. :yeahboi:

Yeah well...

I doubt they were placed randomly, but whatever ! ^^

But you said you were pissed off.

You must have such a weight on your shoulders... :alien:
Yeah, hearing the same things may make you angry, but if we can't say what we want, then where will the world go ? We state our opinions, we discuss over it with facts while other say it's speculations, and vice versa.

Looks like you didn't read my post but well, if what I said doesn't concern you, don't mind it !

So you have pleasure debating about the same thing over and over finally ? We'll spend a good night then. :denzel:
Still waiting on that actual rebuttal.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malfeasance_in_office

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

I hate the mods.

"Don't spread this joke because I don't like it"

"We're doing this voulintarily, so you should be thankful"

And now:

"I'm locking this thread as a joke, lol"

It just goes to show what happens when people are given power and there are no repercussions in place for when they abuse it.
Weren't you one of the guys who were ****ting on other people in the social thread? LOL.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Indeed. That is not entirely relevant, you do realize that the roster has been finalized for a year, correct? That means that the characters are already objectively in the game; therefore our arbitrary assessments of "chance" are not material. I suppose that was not common sense as it is a difficult concept to grasp here on Smashboards.
The assessments of "chance" are actually based on the chance that we think they are in the game, not on the chance they are going to be added, because they've already been decided. It gets confusing sometimes.

For example, I think there's currently about a 90% chance that Ridley is playable in the game based on all of the hints and teases we've seen so far. The other 10% is doubt, and I won't ever say I'm 100% positive a newcomer will be playable in the game.

That said, I am 100% positive Ridley is in the game. I HATE it when idiots run around and say "Ridley's not in the game!" Are you a ****ing idiot? Of COURSE he's in the game, we're just debating on what role he plays in the game.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Still waiting on that actual rebuttal.

Guy's you're all stoopid lulz9001. Ridley's clearly going to be a Smash Run enemy. You can tell because he's clearly been scaled down from boss size. Some pepples think this means he'z playables, but that's just incorrect. Sakurai knows that popular villains make for poor playable characters (good thing Bowser, Gannondarf, and Omilar all suck as badguise, amiright?), and since we're tired of fitting Dyna Ridley, clearly the answer is to make him a PC-sized enemy like Goombas and Toon Link. But one will get the new Mega Mushroom Item in Subspace Ambassador (the story mode) and will be fought as a stage boss. He will have Captain Falcon's moveset. [/satire]
Oh God Olimar being an antagonist in next pikmin...
Is there a story mod now in smash bros ? (could it be this mode where Mario walks on characters' icons, that could lead to fight against Mario character, DK character etc... ?)

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
...Can't we all just talk about potential movesets and fanart instead of doing this?

Morbi

Scavenger
The assessments of "chance" are actually based on the chance that we think they are in the game, not on the chance they are going to be added, because they've already been decided. It gets confusing sometimes.

For example, I think there's currently about a 90% chance that Ridley is playable in the game based on all of the hints and teases we've seen so far. The other 10% is doubt, and I won't ever say I'm 100% positive a newcomer will be playable in the game.

That said, I am 100% positive Ridley is in the game. I HATE it when idiots run around and say "Ridley's not in the game!" Are you a ****ing idiot? Of COURSE he's in the game, we're just debating on what role he plays in the game.
Of course; I was intending to be completely and utterly literal, hence the emoticon. I comprehend the difference.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
To be fair we never got his name by the words of lord Sakurai. :luigi:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be faire we never got his name by the words of lord Sakurai.
Which is evidence against Ridley being a boss, actually. He never said Ridley was a boss, he just said bosses appear on other stages. Now, the fact that he never named Ridley means nothing, the shadow is obviously Ridley. (And based on what Ridley does, he looks far more like a playable character than a boss. Bosses attack, they don't just hover in the air and do nothing, especially not moving in that way.)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So my comment cannot count for roster choosing and/or before the roster was set in stone? Regardless, it's a statement that can be used different ways for different situations, take it for what it's worth instead of trying to pinpoint it to a single situation.

[/quote]
So you don't have one? Well ain't that something.

...Can't we all just talk about potential movesets and fanart instead of doing this?
Done both to death, and I'm pretty happy with my Ridley moveset as of now.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So you don't have one? Well ain't that something.
Well I made my point with what I quoted, you didn't answer. I kindly wait for yours now, as a gentleman. For example, you could tell me if you're pissed off or not, that's obscure in your posts.
Please, Shoko, light the way.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Crisis averted cycle.

Seriously what's with the thread all of a sudden?
There's not enough Ridley and there's too much Yoshi-Thomas trolling and people humoring his trolling.

Guys come on. Look into my eyes.

<--- These eyes over here. Look into them and ask yourself: "Is there enough Ridley?"

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice

Look at the question mark box... LOOK REAL HARD
EDIT: I'm late

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

I SEE... A mod that'll come back and tell us not to talk about it because it won't reveal anything. :denzel:

(I'm still schocked because it really looks like Ridley if you look closely. Well clouds can be whatever you want too...)

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I've been looking up fan-made pallet swaps, and the red and yellow one here caught my eye:

It's a very Crocomire-y costume... Also, the Gold and Pink-winged one is just f***ing cool.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only thing I see is the question mark and what seems to be an extremely blurry silhouette.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've been looking up fan-made pallet swaps, and the red and yellow one here caught my eye:

It's a very Crocomire-y costume... Also, the Gold and Pink-winged one is just f***ing cool.
I am trying to imagine that red one and the black one on Concept Artley. Those are some cool palettes.

Morbi

Scavenger
So my comment cannot count for roster choosing and/or before the roster was set in stone? Regardless, it's a statement that can be used different ways for different situations, take it for what it's worth instead of trying to pinpoint it to a single situation.
Not in that context; as regardless, once a character is decided, they are objectively certain. So the "no character is certain" BS is not fact.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

People have already talked about it, its just crinkles in the paper, NOTHING more. Please stop bringing it up.

EDIT: WTF?! What's with Marth being called "Chink"? I thought his Japanese name was Mars?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Look a couple of posts above you....
What was the point of this photoshop ? It's not like a newcomer revealed, no, it's just a name that changed...

I pointed that out with a red outline showing Ridley, but it's just crinkles.
Looks like you didn't look at the pic. :p

That was trollling? It was so poor I couldn't even tell the difference...or maybe it's because my inbox has blurred the line between trolling and idiocy...
You have no argument left, at least don't say the other's argument is poor when you can't even go against it, please.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
There's not enough Ridley and there's too much Yoshi-Thomas trolling and people humoring his trolling.

Guys come on. Look into my eyes.

<--- These eyes over here. Look into them and ask yourself: "Is there enough Ridley?"
That was trollling? It was so poor I couldn't even tell the difference...or maybe it's because my inbox has blurred the line between trolling and idiocy...anyways, did someone say something about Ridley art?

...That's all I could find.

Oh wait, also this:

I don't have much Ridley art.

Last edited:
Top Bottom