• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-__- Since I can't draw nothing yet, I was looking for some stuff, and found this:

tumblr_n0jn3pY2mt1r0xqnho1_1280.jpg

I hope he doesn't looks like this....ever

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That was trollling? It was so poor I couldn't even tell the difference...or maybe it's because my inbox has blurred the line between trolling and idiocy...anyways, did someone say something about Ridley art?

...That's all I could find.
The best trolls are the ones that you believe to be bad trolls based on the notion that you could not discern the difference.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The best trolls are the ones that you believe to be bad trolls based on the notion that you could not discern the difference.
So am I a good or a bad troll ? :denzel:
If it's the first, I should troll more my children with their gifts at Christmas.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sounds tasty.

Anyway, has anyone noticed the other Metroid enemies in Smash Run? Specifically Reo and Zoomer.

I'm still waiting for the Zebesian Space Pirates to show up.

Anyways, now that we're talking about fanart again, I found this on Pixiv:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
In most games Bowser doesn't do much more than a monster would. He rarely talks in the platformers and usually just acts as a dragon boss that kidnaps the princess. Ridley is commander of the Space Pirates. In Zero Mission there is a cutscene showing Ridley sitting in the bridge of the Space Pirate mothership where he receives a distress signal from Zebes and has the ship return there. He also built a giant robot in his image as a testament to his superiority over his crew. He also personally steals the baby metroid in Super Metroid and brings it back to his lair, which is outfitted with a security monitor system. In Other M, despite being a clone, he seems to remember Samus and seeks to destroy her once he discovers that she is on the Bottle Ship. He sends monsters after her when he's still in his first stage, and upon molting he personally goes after her and only her while she is investigating the Exam Center.

Both Bowser and Ridley are shown to be people, but I'm not sure what that has to do with sex. Ridley is much more intelligent and ruthless than Bowser.
To be fair, it doesn't take much to be a more competent villain than Bowser.

I've been looking up fan-made pallet swaps, and the red and yellow one here caught my eye:

It's a very Crocomire-y costume... Also, the Gold and Pink-winged one is just f***ing cool.
Needs more Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Oh hey, good to see Reo's again. Zoomers were kind of expected though.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Ridley's attack where he grabs a character and scrapes them along a flat surface be a good Final Smash, though?

Like, he could grab a character and smash them against the floor, and then flap his wings to move forward, scraping them for high damage until he reaches an edge, and the further away the edge, the higher the damage; any fighters he hits along the way are launched and dealt damage, and at the edge he holds them up and blasts them with fire, launching them. If he grabs them while he's at the edge that he's facing, he turns so he can do the scraping towards the other edge. If you grab an opponent over a gap, he plummets and KOs both characters.

An attack from Other M, technically, but it'd be pretty cool, right?

Also, Petilils in Smash Run, too? Lilligant's my favourite~

Damn, Zoomers though. I love those things~

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You have no argument left, at least don't say the other's argument is poor when you can't even go against it, please.
You argue that he's a boss...the facts prove it can go either way...argument over.

That, and I'm getting tired of having to repeat the same things to bigots. The facts are:

-Ridley was hinted at during the Direct in April, wasn't shown, could've easily been shown off. Why?
-Ridley was the only new thing NOT seen in the hundreds of screenshots after the direct
-Ridley has not been mentioned by name since August of last year
-Ridley and his stage were not seen at E3, although it's proven that incomplete stages were playable at E3.

What does this mean? It means that Sakurai is purposely holding Ridley back. Why? No idea, but that's where it stands.

Is it proven that he's a boss? Is it proven he's a playable character? Nope to either, it can go either way, possibly simultaneously. Think that makes him sound more like a boss if you want, but in the end it doesn't really change anything. It could go either way, but I support the possibility of him being playable and am not surprised if it goes the other way. That's my look at things, and nothing's changing that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You argue that he's a boss...the facts prove it can go either way...argument over.

That, and I'm getting tired of having to repeat the same things to bigots. The facts are:

-Ridley was hinted at during the Direct in April, wasn't shown, could've easily been shown off. Why?
-Ridley was the only new thing NOT seen in the hundreds of screenshots after the direct
-Ridley and his stage were not seen at E3, although it's proven that incomplete stages were playable at E3.

What does this mean? It means that Sakurai is purposely holding Ridley back. Why? No idea, but that's where it stands.

Is it proven that he's a boss? Is it proven he's a playable character? Nope to either, it can go either way, possibly simultaneously. Think that makes him sound more like a boss if you want, but in the end it doesn't really change anything. It could go either way, but I support the possibility of him being playable and am not surprised if it goes the other way. That's my look at things, and nothing's changing that.
Ridley wasn't ever named once, what are you getting on about? Agreed on everything else. :D

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

You see, we reach a conclusion ! You stated your point, I said I found it wrong but that I respected it, and it ends here, that's all ! No need to state that someone's opinion is full of stupidity, we managed to end it in a civilized manner.
Now I'll be able to sleep in peace now knowing people won't be angry anymore !
I hope that now we won't have fights over such big things anymore. :pikachu:

I'll just say that the clue I have going for Ridley playable is the trophy quizz, again it's just me.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
unpopular opinion time:

I don't like SSBB Ridley. I hope he gets a resign similar to the Other Mother version.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wonder, will it be possible to advocate for Ridley's inclusion via DLC in this game? After looking at the K. Rool thread's method of Plan B if he happens to be disconfirmed, perhaps we should do the same.

Bossley could very well be feasibly replaced by another Metroid boss a la Alfonzo if it happened.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Off topic a bit: Is this event going on currently? I would love to see some more gameplay footage, just can't get enough.
On topic again: Is this event 3ds only and if not, is pyrosphere MIA again?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ridley wasn't ever named once, what are you getting on about? Agreed on everything else. :D
That's the point, the stage was revealed back in August of last year and Ridley was never named.

I wonder, will it be possible to advocate for Ridley's inclusion via DLC in this game? After looking at the K. Rool thread's method of Plan B if he happens to be disconfirmed, perhaps we should do the same.

Bossley could very well be feasibly replaced by another Metroid boss a la Alfonzo if it happened.
Well...I'm not sure...neither would I want to see Sakurai's inbox from fans if he does decide to do DLC and Ridley's not included...or K.Rool (That would be terrible, at least having one would ease the pain of not having the other...especially considering it doesn't feel like we'll be getting both)

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Putting the most wanted characters as DLCs ? I'd hate it but Sakurai decides. Would it mean he decided the newDLCScomers during the development or after the game's release ?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I still want Sovas to appear as enemies, though. I mean, look at them!

D'aw!
I really wish these weren't scrapped so we could have seen them:

Mini-Crocomire called Stoke.

Come to think of it, I'd love to see Crocomire as a "big" enemy or even miniboss.

On topic again: Is this event 3ds only and if not, is pyrosphere MIA again?
Last I asked about it in the Miiverse thread, the Japanese event is 3DS only, while the Paris one will have both Wii U/3DS.

They're most likely going to be edited versions of the Smash Invitational/Best Buy Demo builds.

Regardless I doubt they'd choose now to show anything new.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well...I'm not sure...neither would I want to see Sakurai's inbox from fans if he does decide to do DLC and Ridley's not included...or K.Rool (That would be terrible, at least having one would ease the pain of not having the other...especially considering it doesn't feel like we'll be getting both)
The thing is, I'm genuinely worried that Sakurai is completely oblivious to the demand for a playable Ridley, and that he thinks everybody likes him as a glorified stage hazard. If we could tweet to the people at Nintendo of America and the developers to this game, then they could possibly realize that yes, there is a serious demand for the main villain of Metroid to be included in the roster.

There are people who think the fans don't give a crap about Ridley. That's not the case. He's talked about everywhere online, even if it doesn't relate to him (I've seen comments relating to Ridley on Hyrule Warriors, a game Metroid isn't even alluded to), and his popularity here is noted by the Japanese fanbase. Nintendo Power managed to get Sakurai's opinion on whether Ridley could be a playable character, and he left us clueless.

Yes, the DLC might not end up meaning much, but if we gave it our all in reaching the developers' attention, they might seriously consider caving in to the fanbase's requests outside of Mega Man and Little Mac.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Sounds tasty.

Anyway, has anyone noticed the other Metroid enemies in Smash Run? Specifically Reo and Zoomer.

Apparently the Zoomer is based on its Super Metroid sprite design, take that what you will. Not all Metroid related stuff is Other M based (as we saw with Mother Brain a while back), so I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai pulled off a Super Metroid and Other M hybrid for Ridley (a possibility that people have suggested numerous times).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The thing is, I'm genuinely worried that Sakurai is completely oblivious to the demand for a playable Ridley, and that he thinks everybody likes him as a glorified stage hazard. If we could tweet to the people at Nintendo of America and the developers to this game, then they could possibly realize that yes, there is a serious demand for the main villain of Metroid to be included in the roster.

There are people who think the fans don't give a crap about Ridley. That's not the case. He's talked about everywhere online, even if it doesn't relate to him (I've seen comments relating to Ridley on Hyrule Warriors, a game Metroid isn't even alluded to), and his popularity here is noted by the Japanese fanbase. Nintendo Power managed to get Sakurai's opinion on whether Ridley could be a playable character, and he left us clueless.

Yes, the DLC might not end up meaning much, but if we gave it our all in reaching the developers' attention, they might seriously consider caving in to the fanbase's requests outside of Mega Man and Little Mac.
I'd agree if the demand for him was smaller than it is, like possibly Pre-Brawl Ridley support, then I could maybe understand...but considering how much bigger the want for him is now than ever before...I don't think it's possible to be oblivious to it. Sakurai keeps up with our community, he knows what his fans want...we know this through things like "The females on the Kid Icarus stage" after the leak of Palutena. He'd probably be the top choices for DLC, especially when I feel that they will aim DLC at the Wii U alot more than the 3DS to keep away from possible development issues with the characters, and if they can make him playable via DLC, then woop de doo, we got playable Ridley...hopefully the same will be done with K.Rool if he's not in...make it like a "Playable Boss pack" or something like that.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Last I asked about it in the Miiverse thread, the Japanese event is 3DS only, while the Paris one will have both Wii U/3DS.
Makes sense, given that the Japanese players tend to prefer playing on handheld devices rather than on home consoles.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Apparently the Zoomer is based on its Super Metroid sprite design, take that what you will. Not all Metroid related stuff is Other M based (as we saw with Mother Brain a while back), so I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai pulled off a Super Metroid and Other M hybrid for Ridley (a possibility that people have suggested numerous times).
The enemies you are thinking of are Geemers, not Zoomers. And they are indeed in Other M.

Though Zero Mission Mother Brain proves what you're saying, anyway.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
unpopular opinion time:

I don't like SSBB Ridley. I hope he gets a resign similar to the Other Mother version.
Other M Version is my favorite as well. I hope this is his standard design from now on

The enemies you are thinking of are Geemers, not Zoomers. And they are indeed in Other M.

Though Zero Mission Mother Brain proves what you're saying, anyway.
Is there even a difference?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Already in hand my friend. Have been handling the Ridley part so far out of the DLC supported characters anyway, though haven't made like a blog kind of site for it like BKupa has currently, though I guess it's something to consider to further reach out.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Zoomers are like miniature/weaker versions of Geemers. In Prime, unlike Zoomers, you could only kill Geemers with Missiles/the Plasma Beam.

Though I think that's off topic. Only brought it up since it does indeed seem that Other M has the most influence as far as Metroid representation goes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Count how many times he says f***.
Guy claims it's a joke in the comments, which is also rather obvious judging from the video. Personally I just watched half a minute of it before I shut it off, it's just bad humor, not because it's targeted at Ridley, but because it's just about throwing out as many swears as possible and pretending to be angry.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand why people get so angry about Ridley requests. What's so bad about it? Plus, literally the only ones that usually act childish are detractors. Do they get some joy out of telling people that the character they want won't get in?

I'll never understand.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Sakuria has a twitter https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai though I believe he stated he wont respond to smash stuff on it. I guess you could mass tweet him

"please understand we want ridley as a playable character. " Which according to google translate is this in japanse 我々は再生可能な文字としてリドリーたく、ご了承くださいI have no idea if that's correct or not,

It probably would not do much hell if we did that we would probably just get insult by the likes of Andre and what not for being desperate.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I still don't understand why people get so angry about Ridley requests. What's so bad about it? Plus, literally the only ones that usually act childish are detractors. Do they get some joy out of telling people that the character they want won't get in?

I'll never understand.
It is because they don't want ridley and want one of those hunters or Anthony instead, they think that doing that, his character chances will increase

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

I'll never understand.
I think it's a case of "I can't get what I want, so I'll go make people miserable so they can feel like I do".

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sakuria has a twitter https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai though I believe he stated he wont respond to smash stuff on it. I guess you could mass tweet him

"please understand we want ridley as a playable character. " Which according to google translate is this in japanse 我々は再生可能な文字としてリドリーたく、ご了承くださいI have no idea if that's correct or not,

It probably would not do much hell if we did that we would probably just get insult by the likes of Andre and what not for being desperate.
Translating that back to English in Google Translate resulted in "The wanna Ridley, please understand as a playable characters we"

That thing will never be reliable anytime soon, huh?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's no point in throwing out tweets to NoA or Sakurai at this point, the roster was decided two years ago and the game is getting ready to ship. We know Ridley is in the game somehow, his role has already been decided, so he's not a DLC possibility either, and if Sakurai actually wanted him in he'd be in the launch version anyways.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Already in hand my friend. Have been handling the Ridley part so far out of the DLC supported characters anyway, though haven't made like a blog kind of site for it like BKupa has currently, though I guess it's something to consider to further reach out.
I've been thinking about making a blog as well, but so far I'm hesitating over the fact that it might either not get any attention, or it would be invaded by trolls.

If the K. Rool supporters are able to possibly succeed in getting K. Rool as a DLC character, why not Ridley?

Top Bottom