• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
50 bucks ridley will be playable and it has to be when we get the 100% roster Im a wait till dlc too if I have to prove to these non believers he's playable I want to drink their tears lol

majora_787

Smash Hero
50 bucks ridley will be playable and it has to be when we get the 100% roster Im a wait till dlc too if I have to prove to these non believers he's playable I want to drink their tears lol
Well, if he somehow ended up not playable hopefully DLC happens and he's on it. But at this point as far as anyone knows DLC isn't happening, though it may be considered after the game is released.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Well, if he somehow ended up not playable hopefully DLC happens and he's on it. But at this point as far as anyone knows DLC isn't happening, though it may be considered after the game is released.
ya most likely he will be in the main roster as a secret character and I seriously do not want to hear it when people got ape shi- and tell me ha ha he's not playable and all the noise I want to know the full roster when it comes out

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys seriously. I'm 100% sure that is crumpled paper and 110% sure we're not getting anything tomorrow. We already got our June character announcements and aren't going to get more on a Sunday just because Japan is getting their demo.

EDIT: You know, I think it'd be interesting if maybe Ridley's final smash called back to Zero Mission and summoned Mecha Ridley even if it'd be more likely that he uses his skin hardening and fire bombs.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
We've pointed that out, and it's proven to be just crinkles in the paper. Yeah, that made me happy when i first saw it, but it's nothing. We can still hope for Ridley though.
Ik this is a huge stretch but did anyone notice that there are 6 ? marks under the secret icon. Just something to note.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys seriously. I'm 100% sure that is crumpled paper and 110% sure we're not getting anything tomorrow. We already got our June character announcements and aren't going to get more on a Sunday just because Japan is getting their demo.
It never hurt to hope. I doubt it too, but it's possible,

majora_787

Smash Hero
Reel it in folks. There's absolutely no Ridley conspiracy on that magazine page.

... I'm REALLY trying to resist the urge to change to a new avatar. I literally just changed to Jet Jaguar, but I feel like switching to something more Ridley for some reason.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ik this is a huge stretch but did anyone notice that there are 6 ? marks under the secret icon. Just something to note.
Once again, pay it no mind, they just threw a bunch of question marks on it. Besides, tons of characters have six letters in their name.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I think you might need to learn the difference between "de-confirmation (of playable status)" / "confirmation (of non-playable status)" and "teasing". "De-confirmation" implies that Sakurai has already named and shown the character, as well as confirming their non-playable role. Between August 2013 and present day, I have not seen this with Ridley, all I have seen is some teasing via PotDs and footage of a close up of a shadow with him just floating, and then moving forward very, VERY slowly on a stage (and not attacking like a boss should, Ridley is always constantly attacking in Metroid games, why isn't he doing that here?). He has not been named or actually shown, and it was implied that he was a boss character for a stage. Therefore, Ridley has not quite been "de-confirmed" like you and other detractors think. Honestly, detractors really need to stop taking everything that Sakurai said in the Direct (and at any time) with face value, especially given his record in the past of teasing and trolling...
Were you paying attention to what Mr.Sakurai was saying? He was talking about the bosses when they showed his shadow. That is teasing toward him not being playable.

Maybe you people need to stop warping what Sakurai says like he is a mad manipulative genius and take it at face value.

Given that both Pitou and the King are dead.
I don't think they stand a chance against a superior species "the Space Pirates".
But she remained loyal to his wishes until the end of her life, which is more than we can say for the other two.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He was talking about the bosses when they showed his shadow.
It was "Yellow Devil" section, not "Bosses" or something like that.

And why would they make a boss like Ridley smaller on a pretty big stage? (shadow analisys is at least 85% true because we used Bowser`s shadow on the same stage and in a similar position to compare it to Ridley`s)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Were you paying attention to what Mr.Sakurai was saying? He was talking about the bosses when they showed his shadow. That is teasing toward him not being playable.
Yes, a shaodow is the boss, clearly / sarcasm. Ridley was never directly shown, nor was he ever mentioned by name, his shadow appeared when Sakurai mentioned bosses, that's not a confirmation of anything. Also need I remind you of Toon Link on the train?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman

Maybe you people need to stop warping what Sakurai says like he is a mad manipulative genius and take it at face value.
To be fair, he did deliberately poke the Smash fanbase with other characters, like that one I forget the name of that was confirmed as a trophy and then turned out to be an assist trophy. And Palutena, with the Pseudo-Palutena thing. You can't really blame us for being skeptical, especially since Ridley's such a popular character.

Also, though a hint to a boss status, the choppy animation really drives it home for me and gives me hope. A slimmer is all it gives me, but it's still hope. Nothing wrong with hoping, right?

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero

But she remained loyal to his wishes until the end of her life, which is more than we can say for the other two.
So does that mean that Zero Suit Samus is cut from the game? He did explicitly say that, even though he never once said Ridley was a boss.

And really? I have said this before. Was Ridley playable in Melee? No? But in their own official advertisement, they showed him while talking about the 20+ characters featured in the game! That confirms Ridley to be playable in Melee, doesn't it?

... What? It DOESN'T? Well then how on EARTH does showing Ridley's *SHADOW* in the background while talking about bosses without linking the two together function as a deconfirmation?

Nobody is twisting words here. If you think there has been a sure confirmation or deconfirmation from Sakurai, you are the only person twisting anything. We as fans are simply speculating with what we have until he is confirmed or deconfirmed legitimately. Because thanks to *ACTUAL* facts, he has been neither.

EDIT: That picture right there is the real reason people don't like Ridley. He's too big for them, and they have a bad night.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
My biggest question from the flyer is why 6 question marks? It can't be the random slot because we know this can't be the final roster, there's going to be more leaks before the game is released. Is Ridley's Japanese name still Ridley? I know other characters have different ones (Lizardon), and it seems rather odd for them to post something like that and not be honest about it.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Don't be silly. Even if Ridley is 100% deconfirmed, we'll all just end up waiting until Super Smash Bros 5, and this whole thing goes around one more time. Not to mention the possibility of DLC! Ridley lovers have an indomitable force of will.

You have to be a little bit crazy to want a murderous psycho space villain made famous for murdering the parents of a popular hero.
But it's the very fact that we're a little bit crazy that this has been so fun. And why we made it past 1,000 pages. :D

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
My biggest question from the flyer is why 6 question marks? It can't be the random slot because we know this can't be the final roster, there's going to be more leaks before the game is released. Is Ridley's Japanese name still Ridley? I know other characters have different ones (Lizardon), and it seems rather odd for them to post something like that and not be honest about it.
I think it is Ridori Ridley too.
Edit: NINJA`d.

Moar:

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Well...maybe that:

Mmm...dead Toads...dead Toad pizza...Sorry, Toad fans...i hate Toad anyway...

Is it really a good idea to start bashing other characters? I do understand that it's lighthearted and sprucing up the mood is a great idea, but we have enough problems with and get upset enough by detractors to show that becoming detractors to others is a bad thing to do, right? Besides, do you really want Toad fellows getting narked off and coming in here to lecture us or anything?

I mean, Toad doesn't have a particularly *prominent* fanbase, to my knowledge... but if it's enough to spawn Captain Toad or whatever, you never know!

I just don't want potential trouble, y'know? Shoot me if I'm wrong with my claims, though. The true Space Pirate way.

nessokman

Smash Lord
It was "Yellow Devil" section, not "Bosses" or something like that.

And why would they make a boss like Ridley smaller on a pretty big stage? (shadow analisys is at least 85% true because we used Bowser`s shadow on the same stage and in a similar position to compare it to Ridley`s)
It wasn't the "Yellow devil" section, rewatch it, he said there are "Other bosses" and it showed the shadow.
Nobody ever said that that was the finished thing, hence why the pyrosphere was absent during the demo.

Yes, a shaodow is the boss, clearly / sarcasm. Ridley was never directly shown, nor was he ever mentioned by name, his shadow appeared when Sakurai mentioned bosses, that's not a confirmation of anything. Also need I remind you of Toon Link on the train?
They said "an enemy from samus' past, showed the shadow, and they have yet to show a full game on pyrosphere.Nothing was said about toon link on the train, it was just a picture. They didn't say "A CERTAIN CELL SHADED INCARNATION WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE!"

So does that mean that Zero Suit Samus is cut from the game? He did explicitly say that, even though he never once said Ridley was a boss.

And really? I have said this before. Was Ridley playable in Melee? No? But in their own official advertisement, they showed him while talking about the 20+ characters featured in the game! That confirms Ridley to be playable in Melee, doesn't it?

... What? It DOESN'T? Well then how on EARTH does showing Ridley's *SHADOW* in the background while talking about bosses without linking the two together function as a deconfirmation?

Nobody is twisting words here. If you think there has been a sure confirmation or deconfirmation from Sakurai, you are the only person twisting anything. We as fans are simply speculating with what we have until he is confirmed or deconfirmed legitimately. Because thanks to *ACTUAL* facts, he has been neither.

EDIT: That picture right there is the real reason people don't like Ridley. He's too big for them, and they have a bad night.
Why else would they show him during the boss area? It wouldn't make sense in any circumstance to put that shadow there if they were hinting to him being playable.

You are twisting what he says all the time trying to preserve some minuscule chance of his inclusion.
Reggie and the treehouse employees have said there are a lot more characters that need to be shown. One of the treehouse guys said during the week long coverage of e3 that his favorite character is one that hasn't been revealed yet.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is it really a good idea to start bashing other characters? I do understand that it's lighthearted and sprucing up the mood is a great idea, but we have enough problems with and get upset enough by detractors to show that becoming detractors to others is a bad thing to do, right? Besides, do you really want Toad fellows getting narked off and coming in here to lecture us or anything?

I mean, Toad doesn't have a particularly *prominent* fanbase, to my knowledge... but if it's enough to spawn Captain Toad or whatever, you never know!

I just don't want potential trouble, y'know? Shoot me if I'm wrong with my claims, though. The true Space Pirate way.
Well...its a joke and its not mine...And i didn`t thought about it in that way. Im not saying anything about Toad`s chances or something like that...i can replace Toad heads with Koopa shells just in case someone will get angry because of that image (and it won`t be a good idea).
It wasn't the "Yellow devil" section, rewatch it, he said there are "Other bosses" and it showed the shadow.
Nobody ever said that that was the finished thing, hence why the pyrosphere was absent during the demo.
I downloaded the video month ago and i can even show you name of that section if you don`t believe me.
Working on a single boss won`t require 1 year. They finished Yellow Devil already and didn`t finished Ridley? And his size isn`t a sign that he is unfinished. Neither is that jump at the end.

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Well...its a joke and its not mine...And i didn`t thought about it in that way. Im not saying anything about Toad`s chances or something like that...i can replace Toad heads with Koopa shells just in case someone will get angry because of that image (and it won`t be a good idea).
Here's a solution: Replace the toads with anime characters.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Whilst I would agree normally, pics that poke fun like this go both ways. Exhibit A:

arcadenik_s_request_ridley_and_the_toad_brigade_by_aceofabra.png

So long as no one starts flaming/intentionally detracting, there shouldn't be said problem in posting the pics for fun.

On another note, for those of us who haven't been here long enough, Nessokman comes in here and detracts every once in a while. Understand his opinions get frustrating, but (as sad as it is) detracting is not against the rules. Just ignore him if you have that much of a problem with it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Even if it wasn't Ridley, how much would the internet explode if it was a revealed newcomer that wasn't in the Gematsu Leaks?

This is true.

*sigh*

NESSOKMAN.

1. It was the Yellow Devil section. Ridley was shown at the end of the Yellow Devil section. Other Bosses were mentioned at the end of what was the Yellow Devil section. You are now arguing against factual information.
2. Pyrosphere being unfinished after eight months *at the very minimum* is ridiculous.
3. The statement about an enemy from Samus' past literally is not proof toward anything other than Ridley being in the game.
4. Why would they prominently show Ridley when talking about playable characters if Ridley isn't a playable character? It doesn't make any sense. Nobody is twisting words that were said, because nothing was *SAID*.

I'm not sure if this is an act or if you're really just this slow. This has all been repeatedly made *ABUNDANTLY* clear. There is no evidence confirming Ridley to be any particular role. That is why this thread exists. For an area of speculation until an actual confirmation or deconfirmation occurs. I cannot possibly make this any clearer for you. I'm going to ignore you so that you don't feel compelled to respond to this as if it is a question. It is a statement for you to read and get something out of. I'm not having this conversation with you any longer.

Collapsed so nobody has to deal with reading that if they don't want to.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'm not genuinely upset or anything, I couldn't really care less about Toad, myself. Just saying that you gotta be careful! People will always find something to get angry over, and even jokes can be taken the other way. Not trying to antagonise you or anything, I promise!

Whilst I would agree normally, pics that poke fun like this go both ways. Exhibit A:

So long as no one starts flaming/intentionally detracting, there shouldn't be said problem in posting the pics for fun.
Fair enough, then! I was just worried, is all. Carry on~ *sods off to bed, or will be late for work tomorrow*

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Then i will not do anything about that image.
Here is more without Toads:

That last comic and statement was honestly rude and uncalled for.
Then i shall remove that statement...but that image was quoted few times already, so, it is pointless to remove it now...and i didn`t know what to post at that time. That was first thing i found.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace

They said "an enemy from samus' past, showed the shadow, and they have yet to show a full game on pyrosphere.Nothing was said about toon link on the train, it was just a picture. They didn't say "A CERTAIN CELL SHADED INCARNATION WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE!"

Why else would they show him during the boss area? It wouldn't make sense in any circumstance to put that shadow there if they were hinting to him being playable.

You are twisting what he says all the time trying to preserve some minuscule chance of his inclusion.

Reggie and the treehouse employees have said there are a lot more characters that need to be shown. One of the treehouse guys said during the week long coverage of e3 that his favorite character is one that hasn't been revealed yet.
Ridley's shadow was indeed shown in the yellow devil section, he later said "other boss characters appears in other stages" which is completely vague as it has double meaning, Sakurai doesn't have a problem with showing unfinished things, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the mushroom kingdom U stage at the demo, I'm pretty sure it doesn't take Sakurai and his teams 8 months to complete a hazard, let alone making a decent model, and now, Why is Ridley getting special treatment? Why is he only character that didn't got an instant disconfirmation? If we follow Sakurai comments at face value, it would mean that Ridley is the yellow devil, as he was shown on the yellow devil section

majora_787

Smash Hero
Then i will not do anything about that image.
Here is more without Toads:

Then i shall remove that statement...but that image was quoted few times already, so, it is pointless to remove it now...and i didn`t know what to post at that time. That was first thing i found.
Ridley should have a turtle-neck alt costume.

Top Bottom