• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I thought that even will be like one we had in June (Sm4sh WiiU demo) and not something like Nintendo Direct/E3/whatever other even like that...and i really hope it IS just a demo test for japan.

Why does anyone believes in those leaks or even trusts them?!
I ask myself the same thing...

SCAN0200 (2) - Copy.JPG

And it is frustrating....

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
There is a strange shape behind the "?" Tho. I thought for a moment I saw some kind of skull, having the form of Charizard's head but longer, looking to the right. Could just be the paper tho. :happysheep:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
There is a strange shape behind the "?" Tho. I thought for a moment I saw some kind of skull, having the form of Charizard's head but longer, looking to the right. Could just be the paper tho. :happysheep:
I see it, it kinda does look like Charizard's head. Charizard is a dragon. Smaug is a dragon. SMAUG CONFIRMED!

EDIT: Either I'm high, dreaming, or both, but that Sorta looks like Ridley's Classic head a little. Maybe it's a brand new model.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Box looks like Mewtwo to me or could just be pareidolia

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
You Know What Guys? .......................Word of advice: never, EVER, mention that you like Metroid or Ridley. people will gang up on you and alienate you, until you are seen as an krazy, insane, fool. people are krool.

Also, Avoid GameXplain. I made the mistake of posting a komment supporting Ridley and bashing them for their ridikule of Ridley fans, and........things got ugly with the other kommenters. BTW, I posted before I was enkourged not to, so.......that kame to bite me in the ass.......

Decided to use "K"'s to support K.Rool now, in kase you were wondering. Ridley's Still my number one, though

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I see it, it kinda does look like Charizard's head. Charizard is a dragon. Smaug is a dragon. SMAUG CONFIRMED!

EDIT: Either I'm high, dreaming, or both, but that Sorta looks like Ridley's Classic head a little. Maybe it's a brand new model.
OMG! That actually does kind of look like a dragon's head!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Either it's a dragon's skull (from my pov), either it's... Shulk holding the monado with one hand, lifting it in front of him horizontaly. That's what I think it is.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
It kinda looks like Ridley. I think it's Ridley.

Edit: Even in the upper right corner, you can see what looks like a wing behind the head.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I can see the back of Mewtwo's head, with his second spinal cord coming out of it. :U

It's probably just swirly shapes and grey. They wouldn't put a ****ing newcomer right there in front of everyone to see.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Damn it, it is more frustrating trying to see a form on a gray square with a question mark than looking Ridley fromed on a tree.....I don't know what to expect from Sakurai anymore...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Someone needs to translate that text under the question mark box. It might tell us if we're getting a new character at this thing.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

See the ?????? box? Could that be Ridley, or more likely Shulk? Probably the latter, but it's nice to hope.

Someone on FB said there's an outline, is it a possible hint at anything, and if so, can someone match the outline to any of Riddles forms? Another thing to point out: 6 Question Marks R I D L E Y, 6 letters? Coincidence of Illuminati? Random also has 6 so maybe I'm just paranoid.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Someone on FB said there's an outline, is it a possible hint at anything, and if so, can someone match the outline to any of Riddles forms? Another thing to point out: 6 Question Marks R I D L E Y, 6 letters? Coincidence of Illuminati? Random also has 6 so maybe I'm just paranoid.
We've kinda been discussing the figure seen in the box, but the six letter things. It might just work.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

For you to see closer

Red = skull
Blue = wing
Below the red, you can see a strange shape forming Ridley's strange neck ;

Staarih

Smash Master
Someone needs to translate that text under the question mark box. It might tell us if we're getting a new character at this thing.
Apparently "There are still participating characters that have yet to be revealed", so no indication at actually getting a reveal in this specific event.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Apparently "There are still participating characters that have yet to be revealed", so no indication at actually getting a reveal in this specific event.
People are still dead-set on expecting newcomers for some reason anyway though.

Also I really don't see anything there.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Warning Received

Someone just told me that in Japanese Random is "Randamu", which does not correlate here with 6 letters. Every name is in Japanese, so either Random block in SSB4 is infact 6 ?'s, or this is legit hinting something... what do you guys think?

I Think We're Just looking Too Much into it.....
We've all become insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Can't wait to see who the mystery character is!

*crosses right fingers for ridley*

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Wouldn't Ridley's Japanese name be Ridorī ? Still 6 characters as well

MYUUTSU, aka Metwo's Japanese name is 7 characters =/

Guess I just destroyed my own theory

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Hello~ can anyone answer my question? When is that "Something to look forward to tomorrow" smash event going to start?

I can read the hiragana under the ??????? box
Hokanimoda which can mean "But also other..."

I have no clue what the kanji and the katakana says.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Someone just told me that in Japanese Random is "Randamu", which does not correlate here with 6 letters. Every name is in Japanese, so either Random block in SSB4 is infact 6 ?'s, or this is legit hinting something... what do you guys think?
I wouldn't have given much thought if there was not that difference in colors in this square. You have different shades of grey and black. It could still be the paper but well, we hold on what we can.
Do we have any other pics from this "paper" ?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Hello~ can anyone answer my question? When is that "Something to look forward to tomorrow" smash event going to start?

I can read the hiragana under the ??????? box
Hokanimoda which can mean "But also other..."

I have no clue what the kanji and the katakana says.
It says that there are other participating characters yet to be revealed.

I don't think it's specifically referring to the event.

Top Bottom