• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Idk if it's 20 and I'm only going one day..I'm not going..

15.50 for metro north plus 4 for the subway thats 20

then 20 to get into the place?

40 dollars to not even enter?

Idk if thats lunch money but if it is then you guys must eat caviar daily.

Eggm

Smash Hero

15.50 plus 4 for the train thats 20

I'm one of 5 kids and eat like mac n cheese and tuna most of the time. But i've had a job since I was 15 and never had been down to my last 10 $ lol, you guys are doing something wrong if you can afford this tourney its way cheaper than most other super pro tournaments like this. Your loss white mike. Its suppose to snow like craaazy tonight, go shovel a few driveways for 10$ each. I used to do that with my dad when I was younger we made like 500$ in a day.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

15.50 plus 4 for the train thats 20

You do realize that you get to play with the best in the world.. and also it's one time opportunity to do that. Every tournament, everyone pays probably at least 100$ during 2 days for food, etc.

Also it's about competition, having fun like CRAZY, and trying to win. I don't know if you want to do that.. well if not then this is probably not for you.

Edit: Darc, we must fight!!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Its not dumb the guy is closing down his whole store Sunday for the tournament, he needs to make some type of income. I doubt that he's going to make terribly much since not everyone is staying for both days. Either we don't have Sunday at all or people man up and still show up even if its an extra 10 dollar (OH NO 10 DOLLARS). <_< Grow up people. My 14 year old sister makes that much an hour babysitting.
The point isn't that people aren't coming to the second day because of $10, it's that they aren't going to the second day REGARDLESS, ie they have prior obligations. In that case, regardless of whether they are willing to pay $10 or not, they can't come, but they're being forced to pay $10 anyways for a day that they CAN'T come to.

However, businesses do that all the time. Restaurants do it with meals, like buying an entree and then asking to not have part of it, like the potato or something. You won't get any discount for not eating the potato, you still have to pay the same amount. Hotels do this. EVERYONE does this. You get charged for a service you don't use. Sorry, but this is the way life works. It sucks, but the tourney is going to be awesome and I think it's worth $40 even if you don't come the second day. If you're are really worried about $10, i'm sure there's MANY opportunities to save $10. Choose not to rent a movie. Don't eat out sometime over the next few days. Don't buy a beer. It's pretty easy to save $10 over the course of the week.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Tuna is ****ing awesome
Agreed. Its tasty healthy and super cheap.

The point isn't that people aren't coming to the second day because of $10, it's that they aren't going to the second day REGARDLESS, ie they have prior obligations. In that case, regardless of whether they are willing to pay $10 or not, they can't come, but they're being forced to pay $10 anyways for a day that they CAN'T come to.

However, businesses do that all the time. Restaurants do it with meals, like buying an entree and then asking to not have part of it, like the potato or something. You won't get any discount for not eating the potato, you still have to pay the same amount. Hotels do this. EVERYONE does this. You get charged for a service you don't use. Sorry, but this is the way life works. It sucks, but the tourney is going to be awesome and I think it's worth $40 even if you don't come the second day. If you're are really worried about $10, i'm sure there's MANY opportunities to save $10. Choose not to rent a movie. Don't eat out sometime over the next few days. Don't buy a beer. It's pretty easy to save $10 over the course of the week.
Awesome post.

It's like I'm payting 10 dollars for nothing, I'm sorry but that doesn't sit well with me.

And no I don't have a job, I'm lazy as ****.

:]
You don't sit well with me stay home.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hmmm ... i didn't think people would have problems ... imo this is super cheap ... most tournies are charging ******** amounts for a pro tourney like this ... i mean i am for the people ... i hate how everyone just points out the bad things

look ... 40$ for both days ... i'm sry if u aren't going to come to the second but thats the deal i made to the venue and its my job to advertise accordingly ... =\

also look at the pros people ... i'm not taking out of each pot .. which would be double **** for u guys ... cuz if eggm enters singles and doubles i will be ****** him twice ... so its really the same thing and this way the pot is left untouched and its a bigger prize this way and we can have this amazing turnout right??? =\

i could have made this a 50 or even higher tourney but i asked for the least possible pay and dead serious when people complain and i knocked off 30$ a head it pisses me off crazy !!!! =[

i'm even working twice as hard ... and asked help from my sister and GF!!! so i can run this **** in one day ... sheesh

i swear all everyone is doing is complaining i haven't seen a thank you =[

thanks eggm tho for understanding how a buisness works ... i tried to explain this multiple times but i mean theres only so much i can do people sheesh

EDIT i just saw the post chred ... thats exactly it !!! i could have said its a 2 day even venue is 20$ case closed but no i broke it down for ya so u can understand and its a problem now wow ... i give up ... i guess i gotta stop being nice ... =[

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I just hate when I complain about the price of the tourney and people who are helping run it get mad anal about it.

I know it's not your fault guys and it's how life works, but I can't get the money so I'm not going.

If people wanna get tight for no reason then they really need to take it easy.

Definitely not that serious Eggm.

Frames

DI
well 20 for venue may seem dumb but i dont mind it if the venue needs it then we should all do it its the responsibility of the community to support these tournaments so they can keep happening and if you have to pay an extra 10 dollars to keep tournaments of this caliber going, then where do i pay, cash or check *****es

Eggm

Smash Hero
You're ****ting me right?
It's like I'm payting 10 dollars for nothing, I'm sorry but that doesn't sit well with me.

And no I don't have a job, I'm lazy as ****.

:]

15.50 for metro north plus 4 for the subway thats 20

I just hate when I complain about the price of the tourney and people who are helping run it get mad anal about it.

I know it's not your fault guys and it's how life works, but I can't get the money so I'm not going.

If people wanna get tight for no reason then they really need to take it easy.

Definitely not that serious Eggm.
Just say "I'm not going" Instead of all that bolded stuff and no body will get "tight". Instead of making it sound like hes stealing and scaring other people off from coming. don't hurt the tournament by posting that bolded stuff just say I'm not coming anymore it got a little to expensive for me in your first post and nothing would have happened. Alukard and me are excited about this and we don't want any negative energy in the thread like your posts were bringing up.

Scar

#HarveyDent
a 20 dollar venue fee is pretty average for a national tourney

anyways alukard can you put somewhere in the first post that pre-registration is important for singles and teams but team name doesn't matter

thx

Alukard

Smash Hero
i mean i tried to make it as epic as possible ... and now we have almost every freaking pro coming to this ... and 40$ for everything in two days is too much ... i think its pretty good ... because i been advertising this for weeks ... so i thought this way its 40$ ... people can get 10$ a week right ?? and then everyone can be happy ... lol

i mean theres only so much i can do lol

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Oh ok Eggm, I'll make sure not to express my opinion.

In regards to my first post, I actually thought you were mistaken, which is why I said that.

Plus I doubt my posts are going to change ANYONES mind, I just wish I heard about this venue thing sooner.

I was really excited for this and now I can't make it.

Doesn't matter, wouldn't wanna be at a venue with a douchebag like you anyway.

Spife

Smash Master
Yes it is!!!

:colorful:
We hang out at this tournament, who ever you are.

And alucard, I trust that you're not lying when you say you knocked $30 off per person, so I just wanted to say that's ****in' awesome. The venue seems pricey but I've never been to a high class tournament like this so what the hell do I know?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Word well if anybody can come just realize that no one can spend the night cept the people I'm housing
Let me know what time, I'm probably going to end up in NY...11 or 1 AM on Saturday, lol. Message me on aim.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I haven't been following the posts. Is venue fee going up? If so, change first page please.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Well since we will probably only 3 in the car now.. how about our car? =P
kage i'm talking to jesus right now ... just make sure u guys follow the rules and all that jazz lol

but hit me up on aim please so i can finalize stuff for you

pockyD

Smash Legend
The venue fee is going to be 10$ per day and you have to pay for both days. Even if you don't come the second day. From what I understand.
that makes so little sense i almost passed out

if it's really like that (which is ridiculous), just say venue fee is $20

Alukard

Smash Hero

because i wanted everyone to understand how i run my events ... i just dont say

75$ venue both days blah blah blah crews included ...

then come the date ... omg omg omg its only regional crews ... sry but thats stupid imo

White_Mike

Smash Lord

THANK YOU...that's what I was saying.

Just say it's 20 and be done with it..that's my only gripe with everything.

I am sure this tournament is going to be AMAZING and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alu for doing such a good job.

And even though I don't know Jfox I know he is doing a **** load of work so props to you as well!

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so its done now? =] ... lets stop turning this into hate stuff when the tourney is going to be amazing and everyone is going to be happy and stuff of the sort =D

Roman.

Smash Champion
how's it going to work though?

i mean you can't just charge everyone on day 1 $10 since they might not come on day 2

all i can think of is if you come on day 1, you pay $20 and get like a stamp/bracelet and hope to have it for day 2 so you don't have to pay $20 again

Alukard

Smash Hero
i love you mike ^_^

so yea ... is anyone else other then jfox with his cam going to record live faces and attempt to make a montage ???

also is white mike going to be the only one taking pictures ??

EDIT ... roman i will have name tags and i will give them out according to u coming into the venue and i will also make a record on who paid and who didn't on paper =]

White_Mike

Smash Lord
how's it going to work though?

i mean you can't just charge everyone on day 1 $10 since they might not come on day 2

all i can think of is if you come on day 1, you pay $20 and get like a stamp/bracelet and hope to have it for day 2 so you don't have to pay $20 again
I think Alukard could just have a list of the people that paid day 1 and use the powers of the mind and recognition to see who has already paid when they return the next day.

Because it would be tough wearing a bracelet for that long.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i mean granted u aren't going to have the same name tag the second day cuz of change of clothes etc.

but me having u marked down on my paper will ensure the pay =]

and it is 20$ on the initial day and the next day u just have to come up to me again to verify on the list thats all =]

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
edit:

sorry. mistaken.

we'll see how it works out but i may only enter doubles.

now that i see where mike was coming from, going from the original idea of a 1 day event and a ten dollar venue into forcing a 20 dollar venue on everyone is kinda doo doo. i actually planend on only coming day 1 to save $$

alu edit your first post to clear confusion please.

honestly i think you should just cut day 2 completely so we can just pay ten if you're worried that day 2 ppl wont commit enough attendance. forcing all the people who only play on day 1 to cover the costs for the select few attending day 2 is ehh

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
by the way, i might be able to drive a couple of people to the venue from Long Island, not 100% sure yet, but contact me before hand and i'll have confirmation by...thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom