• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Some good player should come to Easton sometime
I'm not good...but I'll make there...eventually, xD.

Cool meat riding bro.
You know what...nevermind...it was over. Because someone from WC actually handled it in a civil manner withough trying to pull a prick move. Go ahead and have your miniscule laugh. If it makes you feel better, go ahead.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Seriously, M2K is a great player and I think the entire world still knows that he is the best but what happened in the grand finals was just disgusting. He basically threw in the towel. A weak competitive attitude. Regardless of how bad you're playing at the game any given day or how much you think you cant win a match giving up like that is just....weak.

There were plenty of people who came from out of state and out of country to go to this tournament to compete, give it their best, and watch the best give their best as well. Chu and Azen hadn't played Melee in forever and still placed extremely well. Chu was the one who actually came closest to knocking MaNg0 into losers. HAX shocked us all with the Raynex three dairs, and Kage almost shocked us with taking PC out on Corneria and PC was forced to laser camp a Ganon! PC Chris even commented in the finals as well giving "WTF?" looks to M2K during the finals.

Now I personally do not know if M2K and MaNg0 split, they both agreed to play and have fun, or whatever the case was but the bottom line is this: if they did agree to split they should have at least both tried and at least had fun with it. I've already seen posts and youtube BS saying how dissapointed people were at the outcome. They were not "pissed off" but extremely upset. I'm not trying to attack MaNg0 or M2K in any way shape or form. It was a disapointment though. Definitely. I wanted to see you do well M2K because after that **** you pulled on Dashiz...I was expecting a sick finals!

Spife

Smash Master
i am a ****ing beast at this game
True, but I did 1 stock you in 1 friendlies while you had no idea what you were doing.
No johns.
LOL I MAIN LINK.
best part of that match though was "you can't play Link in tournament", good **** meeting you Hax

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
the reason i gave up is cuz i didn't have good tech skill so there was no chance to beat puff since i can only beat puff with fox right now, so I just tried other matchups but I still think I played poorly (for me) anyway. Sorry :( I suck

no we didn't split I just sucked and was being stupid

cykofox

Smash Ace
I bet $100. no lie that i have the best fox controller.

im serious. the shoulder buttons don't even have the click anymore and the controlstick is perfeect..

m2k watch ken vs mango evo vids. lolzzz

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
the reason i gave up is cuz i didn't have good tech skill so there was no chance to beat puff since i can only beat puff with fox right now, so I just tried other matchups but I still think I played poorly (for me) anyway. Sorry :( I suck

:(

I've definitely been ignored..... T_T.

I'll remember that if you need to borrow another controller :p

Btw if you see spamerer give him that controller I told spam I was gonna give it to him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Mew2King doesn't really know how to lose. Someone like Mango, who presents him a match-up he doesn't like and can beat him, shakes him up so much on the inside. He doesn't really show it.

If you literally never lost in tournaments for a very long time to the point where you were used to taking 1st in everything, and then lost, imagine how you'd feel. I know it sounds dumb to say to feel bad for him, but try to keep this in mind. Mango gets in his head too much.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord

It's all good man. I wish I could play as poorly as you. LOL

WTF at 1:02? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW-diM94E8A&feature=channel_page

I was about to tear that place apart if you finished that somehow. I wish you lived closer to me so I could learn from you.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
*** u scar u made my pool lame wit u in it and lovage a fast fox zomg im maining ganon i dont want to play fast anymore lol its too hard

thats all i ahve to say until shoutouts

its too late and im too drunk lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no tec zero your controller is okay but it's not as good as say RayenX's controller and I didn't get time to get very used to it. I forward Bd off by pressing forward too far and I wasn't good with the lasers yet. It's my fault for not practicing fox much with it and instead mostly practicing sheik/marth but I do think that is a factor. The main problem I have with yours is it's hard to do running up smashes with X + upC for some reason. I just full jump without doing an attack sometimes. I clearly need this controller for me to do well in melee xD. My old one wasn't just having joystick problems. Sometimes when I l-cancel it makes me light shield, and the C stick often makes me Uair/Dair when I try to Fair/Bair. Cactuar and RayenX had the same problems when they tried it.

edit - PoF - I was going to finish it with F throw to dair. I don't know why I wavedashed for no reason LOL I should have just dash grabbed I was being stupid I guess

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
no tec zero your controller is okay but it's not as good as say RayenX's controller and I didn't get time to get very used to it. I forward Bd off by pressing forward too far and I wasn't good with the lasers yet. It's my fault for not practicing fox much with it and instead mostly practicing sheik/marth but I do think that is a factor. The main problem I have with yours is it's hard to do running up smashes with X + upC for some reason. I just full jump without doing an attack sometimes. I clearly need this controller for me to do well in melee xD. My old one wasn't just having joystick problems. Sometimes when I l-cancel it makes me light shield, and the C stick often makes me Uair/Dair when I try to Fair/Bair. Cactuar and RayenX had the same problems when they tried it.
Well I wasn't really talking about how good it is....

I'm talking about how its MINE rofl.

Yea that controller although not that new wasn't really broken into. My brother only used it occasionally when I had people over at my place.

In any case you still should have tried vs Mango :(. Your fox is still so amazing to watch.

Anyway... give that to spam.

Banks

Smash Hero
edit - PoF - I was going to finish it with F throw to dair. I don't know why I wavedashed for no reason LOL I should have just dash grabbed I was being stupid I guess
a fsmash would have been good imo

yea i give marth advice to m2k, what of it

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Mew2King doesn't really know how to lose. Someone like Mango, who presents him a match-up he doesn't like and can beat him, shakes him up so much on the inside. He doesn't really show it.

If you literally never lost in tournaments for a very long time to the point where you were used to taking 1st in everything, and then lost, imagine how you'd feel. I know it sounds dumb to say to feel bad for him, but try to keep this in mind. Mango gets in his head too much.
No one really thinks that m2k is necessarily worse than mango, but if mango does beat him he deserves your respect also. I mean we can't say it was a fluke since it's been many times now, and mango does have secondaries now. No one thinks though that anyone else out there could take out m2k at this point in time besides mango.

Yes I do agree coastal pride is silly, but at the same time, we all have pride in where we're from and who we play with.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
dammit looking back at the vid i was only like 1 frame off xD
You and your ****ing knowing frames. LOL

Link to your percentage guide that you wrote? I'd like to take a look at that stuff. :)

(theres that meat ridin.) LOL

I like m2k
epic shoutouts loll
Thats what the results thread is for. pre shout outs are....meh. Semi

Cia

das kwl
i'm ridiculously tired. shoutouts to come w/ results thread.

MELEE IS ****IN AMAZING. Brawl players will NEVER ever have as much fun as we did this saturday.

<3 everyone

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I bet $100. no lie that i have the best fox controller.

im serious. the shoulder buttons don't even have the click anymore and the controlstick is perfeect..
Nope, you don't have the best one. M2K sold his soul to Cactuar's controller. It has to be the best Fox controller

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
anyone know a good place to eat food at near 5pointz?

Jackson Ave/Davis St (23rd st) in Queens

I can't wait to play more Melee with people tomorrow =D

for those who I'm meeting up with, it'd be nice to record some matches so if you have the capability that'd be tight so I can learn to undo my scrubby ways XD

did I mention that my Ness counters all the Foxes at this tourney?

...and by "counters" I mean they all somehow lost at least one stock during our matches XD [except HBK I think >_>]

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Also, RE: Vids and Results:

TOs put a lot of work into these things. At the end of them, they are tired as hell and the last thing they want to do is continue working late on a Sunday night to post a tio file on AiB or split matches into games and then post them on youtube. I'm sure results will be up tomorrow and vids will trickle in during the week, but give Scar, Alu and JFox a well earned break, this tournament kicked ***.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
i realize M2K gave up in the grand finals because he couldn't beat mango's Puff....but mango didn't go Puff, he went FALCO! And M2K had just gotten done ****** DaShizWhiz (no offense brotha, you tha man!)who i'm pretty sure most people would agree is the best falco out there, so why didn't M2K go Marth and do the same thing to Mango. It's not like DSW has less tech skill than Mango in terms of falco, one grab equals death no matter who's behind the controller. So what gives M2K? Did Mango say he'd switch to Puff if you went Marth or something?

Milos

Smash Lord
no tec zero your controller is okay but it's not as good as say RayenX's controller
raynex said my controller is better than his lol

it's seriously the best controller try it next time you're at my house

lol thanks for the shoutout you wouldn't have had a place to stay :p

im jk

mango may be better than you right now, but seriously, you're jason zimmerman, by genesis it's a wrap

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
i realize M2K gave up in the grand finals because he couldn't beat mango's Puff....but mango didn't go Puff, he went FALCO! And M2K had just gotten done ****** DaShizWhiz (no offense brotha, you tha man!)who i'm pretty sure most people would agree is the best falco out there, so why didn't M2K go Marth and do the same thing to Mango. It's not like DSW has less tech skill than Mango in terms of falco, one grab equals death no matter who's behind the controller. So what gives M2K? Did Mango say he'd switch to Puff if you went Marth or something?
I think he said before that they decided playing for fun.

Also, are you sure Mango's falco is worse than DSW's?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I still don't understand why it takes so long for results to get put up....

Copy/Paste!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom