• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
One problem with the Freeloader I've heard though:

People have been saying that it could completely destroy your Wii, and you won't be able to play any games except the imported game?

In what instance could this happen?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
One problem with the Freeloader I've heard though:

People have been saying that it could completely destroy your Wii, and you won't be able to play any games except the imported game?

In what instance could this happen?
Sounds like something people that really don't want people to buy stuff like this would say.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I understand there is a possibility of your Wii getting bricked if you install firmware updates from one region on a Wii from another region. However, it seems the Freeloader has the option to block such updates, so I'm not to worried.

It's all conjecture at this point though, since I haven't heard of anyone who actually already has their Freeloader and has tried what does and doesn't work.

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
Has anybody else ordered a copy of Brawl from Play-Asia? If so can you let me know what the dispatch date on your profile says. Cheers.

It's saying on or before March 31st even though I opted for fast-track delivery so I'm wondering if this is an estimate or due to high demand.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I really hope Wifi is unhindered, There's a certain Aussie lass I want to play against once she is able to manage getting this.

And to prevent this from being a useless post, a short summary of the 12 pages so far:
-Freeloader bypasses the region coding on a game, shouldnt modify the wii's coding
-Future Wii updates may prevent use of this, but updates are optional so just say no kiddies
-Getting updates (from other regions, may have misread this) with this in the wii may brick it. Watch out.
-Main site doesnt switch to New Zealand or Australia, but there's another site that does
-Wifi should be possible, but thus far untested.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Hey everyone could someone help me out here?

I'm trying to buy the Freeloader but when it says ship to what do I put in "em First, MI:"

Because I have noooo Idea. :confused:

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
This was posted by someone in another forum.

"I have actually had a LONG conversation with one of the codejunkies technical experts over the phone yesterday, when I ordered freeloader (the phone call at their expense - they called me back!)

This is what freeloader does, confirmed by codejunkies staff, who actually investigated my questions when I asked about it, TESTED it, and then called me back:
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL REGION-CODING.
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL WII UPDATES ON A FOREIGN-REGION WII GAME DISK (INCLUDING SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL).
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES THE NECESSITY OF CHECKING FOR GAME UPDATES; THUS ALLOWING THE GAME FILES TO BE PLAYED SAFELY WITHOUT ANY RISK OF BRICKING YOUR WII CONSOLE.
• CODEJUNKIES STAFF HAVE CONFIRMED TO ME, BY PHONE, THAT IF A WII FIRMWARE UPDATE SOMEHOW BLOCKS THE WII FREELOADER, THEY WILL SEND YOU AN UPDATED WII FREELOADER FREE OF CHARGE WHEN ONE IS CREATED, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF YOUR ORIGINAL COPY OF WII FREELOADER.
• YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR WII CONSOLE SAFELY BY EITHER OF THE TWO NORMAL METHODS (1: WHEN NINTENDO SENDS YOU A WII-MAIL, 2: BY THE "UPDATE WII SYSTEM" OPTION IN THE WII SETTINGS) WITHOUT RISKING INOPERABILITY OF YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE. "

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=215974

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone could someone help me out here?

I'm trying to buy the Freeloader but when it says ship to what do I put in "em First, MI:"

Because I have noooo Idea. :confused:
First Name, Main Initial - e.g. Ganon D. Orf = First name and main initial would be "Ganon D"

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, aswell as the one my friend ordered off CodeJunkies, we also ordered a "Next-Day Delivery" one off eBay. They say they're getting them early this week, so I should be playing Brawl in a matter of days.

Oh yai! :3

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
This was posted by someone in another forum.

"I have actually had a LONG conversation with one of the codejunkies technical experts over the phone yesterday, when I ordered freeloader (the phone call at their expense - they called me back!)

This is what freeloader does, confirmed by codejunkies staff, who actually investigated my questions when I asked about it, TESTED it, and then called me back:
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL REGION-CODING.
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL WII UPDATES ON A FOREIGN-REGION WII GAME DISK (INCLUDING SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL).
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES THE NECESSITY OF CHECKING FOR GAME UPDATES; THUS ALLOWING THE GAME FILES TO BE PLAYED SAFELY WITHOUT ANY RISK OF BRICKING YOUR WII CONSOLE.
• CODEJUNKIES STAFF HAVE CONFIRMED TO ME, BY PHONE, THAT IF A WII FIRMWARE UPDATE SOMEHOW BLOCKS THE WII FREELOADER, THEY WILL SEND YOU AN UPDATED WII FREELOADER FREE OF CHARGE WHEN ONE IS CREATED, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF YOUR ORIGINAL COPY OF WII FREELOADER.
• YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR WII CONSOLE SAFELY BY EITHER OF THE TWO NORMAL METHODS (1: WHEN NINTENDO SENDS YOU A WII-MAIL, 2: BY THE "UPDATE WII SYSTEM" OPTION IN THE WII SETTINGS) WITHOUT RISKING INOPERABILITY OF YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE. "
This is comforting. Don't think I'll update my Wii until I get PAL brawl though, just in case.

Don't think I have any worries about it not working anymore. Only worry now is that Gamestop doesn't have enough copies to ship xD but that shouldn't be a problem

Oh well, Should be playing Brawl in less than 2 weeks hopefully.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Ive ordered a freeloader and A brawl copy from Play-Asia (US Version)
Is that the best place to order Brawl to the UK?

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Also I don't get why everyone is so worried, the Freeloader will probably work. I am around 93% Sure of this... Also keep posting news about what Code junkies say about the Wii can't block it; Cause that will definitely boost everyones confidence of the Freeloader working up. :colorful:

TwilightSky

Smash Cadet
I would rather wait for the Australian release date. At least I get the box and instruction booklet, its like collectibles. Anyway I already have reserved my copy for $10.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
So if it "IGNORES ALL REGION CODING", does that presumably include online features too?

(PS. I hate all caps messages)
I have no idea about that... but even if it does work everyone that tries to even go online to play US people is going to Lag, Depending how fast your connection is and stuff.

Fox Illusion

Smash Cadet
So if it "IGNORES ALL REGION CODING", does that presumably include online features too?

(PS. I hate all caps messages)
From another forum...

ratboyds wrote:
This is definitely good news. we knew they wouldn't let nintendo block them so easily, and I like the replacement disk idea Very Happy (as i have now ordered one)
The question still stands though - will brawl go online through a PAL wii.

I phoned first thing yesterday (29th Feb.) morning. By using wii freeloader, they have used a japanese version to go online through BOTH american AND european wii consoles. I made sure to ask this and other VERY specific questions, to make sure I am right when answering these questions.
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...c.php?t=7337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
i dont know if this has been covered or not coz i kinda ignored a few pages, but since brawl is a dual layer disc, will that affect the freeloader in any way?

I also have ordered brawl and a freeloader, so i hope it works, otherwise im gonna have to import an american wii.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Another question... if you Import the NTSC Brawl, that does mean you will play with NTSC people right?

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
When will play-asia have freeloaders to buy? I want my brawl :p!
So yeh, gonna import it. Hopefully i have the stuff soon, and i'll be playin' brawl on march :)

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
When will play-asia have freeloaders to buy? I want my brawl :p!
So yeh, gonna import it. Hopefully i have the stuff soon, and i'll be playin' brawl on march :)
To be honest, it'll probably be easier to buy the Freeloader from the official site (links are in the OP) or eBay, I spose.

Top Bottom