• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Waiting for Play Asia to get Freeloaders in so I can order one. Says they come in stock "March", how vague, I just hope it's not March 31st!

kooky

Smash Cadet
could it be that nintendo will release brawl in europe earlier than planned because they fear that everyone imports brawl and they don't sell that much copies of PAL brawl? Or ist that too optimistic?^^

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Thats way too optimistic. If Nintendo really cared about PAL sales why not release it earlier in the first place? Nintendo really don't care about the PAL territories at all and nothing that happens in them is going to make them release Brawl any sooner or later.

kooky

Smash Cadet
well i thought they were holding the release back because they have to produce more wiis^^

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
So guys is Play-Asia the best place to get a copy of Brawl to the UK or should I be ordering from somewhere else..?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
So guys is Play-Asia the best place to get a copy of Brawl to the UK or should I be ordering from somewhere else..?
Isn't Play-Asia/ Yes-Asia backed up with orders of Brawl, and won't be sending a lot of them of until march 31st?

Gamestop's a good option. I sent them an E-mail, and they said International orders would be sent March 10th, as they're sure they won't have issues with lack of copies.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Isn't Play-Asia/ Yes-Asia backed up with orders of Brawl, and won't be sending a lot of them of until march 31st?

Gamestop's a good option. I sent them an E-mail, and they said International orders would be sent March 10th, as they're sure they won't have issues with lack of copies.

errm where'd you get that info from O___o?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Dark Google said:
Gamestop requires you send a bank statement to them for International Orders though. D:
I ordered from Gamestop and didn't have to send a bank statement O.o

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
"Address verification for International orders.
It is very difficult to obtain verification information from banks outside of the US and Canada. For your protection, in most cases you will be required to fax or e-mail us a copy of your most recent credit card statement. If you are ordering from outside the United States, please contact your credit card issuing bank and ask them to release address verification information to GameStop.com. Without this verification, we will be unable to process your order.
"

That's what it says under 'See Details for International Street Addresses Only'

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
I sent an e-mail to PlayAsia concerning the "March 31st" delivery thing. This was their response:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com. I am sorry that from most current information, the estimated shipment dayfor your order #9852391 is before the end of March. Please do not worry.We will try the best to get more stock from supplier to satisfy ourcustomer as more as possible. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, JoePlay-Asia.com
Not sure what to make of that but they seem to imply that it is to be shipped BEFORE the end of March...so maybe the 31st thing shouldn't be taken at face value?

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
It is very difficult to obtain verification information from banks outside of the US and Canada. For your protection, in most cases you will be required to fax or e-mail us a copy of your most recent credit card statement. If you are ordering from outside the United States, please contact your credit card issuing bank and ask them to release address verification information to GameStop.com. Without this verification, we will be unable to process your order.
"

*Is now confused....* :dizzy:

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Brought this up yesterday on a different board...

Oh yeah, I just thought of something; wouldn't we have to remove the Brawl disc once we're finished playing while the console is still on? Otherwise the disc would be loaded directly from the Wii Channel when you turn the console in, which would brick the Wii...:S

But I just now remembered that the Wii was bricked from an update, so even if you started up the Wii with the Brawl disc in, it wouldn't be bricked unless you went into the Disc Channel, pressed Start and accepted the disc's request to update, right?

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
"

Wait a sec just saw this part.. "in most cases" so maybe nothing will go wrong? :laugh:

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
Righto. Just don't complain when it's March 16th and they still havn't shipped your game out. :p

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Wait a sec just saw this part.. "in most cases" so maybe nothing will go wrong?
Some banks don't grant access to international companies some do. Gamestop will E-mail if they need verification, if they don't E-mail you asking for verification you most likely won't need to go through this.
It'll probably be best to be safe and just call your bank, and ask them to give address verification information to GameStop

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Some banks don't grant access to international companies some do. Gamestop will E-mail if they need verification, if they don't E-mail you asking for verification you most likely won't need to go through this.
It'll probably be best to be safe and just call your bank, and ask them to give address verification information to GameStop
Ah I see now, I will get on with doing that.

Hmm know I ordered some other games from VideoGamesPlus and thats in Canada and I didn't need to do anything...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I've ordered multiple times from American sites, and never had to do this. It's a bit annoying.
I many cancel my order. Something tells me Gamestop will most likely take a while to verify the Card statement, and send it out like 2 weeks after.

I don't know any other sites that could be good though.

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
Anyone know anywhere else I can order it if Gamestop doesn't work? Play Asia is looking to take too long ...

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Try Barnes and Noble, that's where I ordered after I got the verification trouble at Gamestop. They have a deal with Gamestop to handle all their games so in essence it's still been ordered with Gamestop without the credit card troubles. Right now it's listed to be shipped on the 9th.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Try Barnes and Noble, that's where I ordered after I got the verification trouble at Gamestop. They have a deal with Gamestop to handle all their games so in essence it's still been ordered with Gamestop without the credit card troubles. Right now it's listed to be shipped on the 9th.
OOOO I'll cancel my old one now and make a order on that site. :) Thanks.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
If your order already got through there's no reason to cancel it. The verification they talk about on the FAQ occurs during the ordering process so if you got through that and got your order though you should be fine.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
If your order already got through there's no reason to cancel it. The verification they talk about on the FAQ occurs during the ordering process so if you got through that and got your order though you should be fine.
O_O I was about to cancel it, (I found out how to do so) right about when I was going to hit send, I got mail saying I got reply on Smash Boards. lol you was right on time!!! :rotfl: Thanks alot.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Aw man. I just cancelled with Gamestop =[
I didn't get asked about a bank statement. ugh. lol.

Daaarn =[

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Already ordered at Barnes and Noble. lol xD
Oh well, it's essentially the same as ordering at Gamestop though eh? Except the massive increase in shipping cost of course O.o

Just afraid that Barnes and Noble won't get priority with the games, and not have enough copies.

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the extra shipping was quite annoying. But heck, it's worth it if it;ll get me Brawl.

It says the shipping date is the 6th, what about you guys?

Top Bottom