• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Re-re-Revival (Monster Smash) Toronto, Ontario November 6th, 2010*

Gichan

Smash Champion
omg ambrose I'll ****ing RAAAPPEEE you please don't even, but I can't deny taco bell.

loonies?!! What are you joe? scurrreedd like a *****? Yo tin MM this guy $5 so he can't mm anyone else for a loonie, fraayyyyyy.

Tin has a point about how people say they are bringing their whole city and one guy shows up, happens ALL the time. Classics, riddlebox and hollow corex looool.

When the **** did I say melee was allowed? Let alone TWO set-ups?! Yeah right! But I'll give you guys ONE tv after pools are done. I would just like to remind you melee enthusiasts that this is a BRAWL REVIVAL and since melee is always active I don't see why we have to sacrifice a set-up for that game. Remember mad respect for melee and I always allow it at my tournaments but there aren't that many tvs coming to this tourney so please keep that in mind. This is NOT an attack to melee or the scene just don't be offended if I don't allow the game played in the beginning of the tournament.

Some of you guys should show up as the human centipede.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
omg ambrose I'll ****ing RAAAPPEEE you please don't even, but I can't deny taco bell.

loonies?!! What are you joe? scurrreedd like a *****? Yo tin MM this guy $5 so he can't mm anyone else for a loonie, fraayyyyyy.

Tin has a point about how people say they are bringing their whole city and one guy shows up, happens ALL the time. Classics, riddlebox and hollow corex looool.

When the **** did I say melee was allowed? Let alone TWO set-ups?! Yeah right! But I'll give you guys ONE tv after pools are done. I would just like to remind you melee enthusiasts that this is a BRAWL REVIVAL and since melee is always active I don't see why we have to sacrifice a set-up for that game. Remember mad respect for melee and I always allow it at my tournaments but there aren't that many tvs coming to this tourney so please keep that in mind. This is NOT an attack to melee or the scene just don't be offended if I don't allow the game played in the beginning of the tournament.

Some of you guys should show up as the human centipede.

When the **** did I say I was bringing my whole city...I said 2-3 people that don't even play casually, and even then I said chances are they may not even want to come in the end. No one here plays brawl competitively except Pho and during the summer I did bring him every **** time. Definitely happens ALL the time. I don't owe you ****, so trying to convince a few people to come to try and have a good time at your tourney shouldn't be something worth laughing about. You can un-confirm me; sorry Jasuke.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Go ahead and explode cause it wasn't like I was trying to attack you or HC just something funny to point out, it just so happens I remember you and HC at the time.

It was an exaggeration and I guess I should apologize so I'm sorry. Hopefully you come around to the next one.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
Uh, Gi.

I specifically stated Melee will be played AFTER a majority of brackets is complete, which obviously entails the completion of pools, the fundamental aspect of a tournament running smoothly and on time.

Don't worry, I know how the protocol goes. <3

Gichan

Smash Champion
nice marik good to know.

And as for side tournies, if you guys want B+ over PM then for sure let's do that.

Soooo

Brawl
Brawl doubles
Brawl +
Brawl -

BUUTT you guys need to bring the haxs or else it can't be done.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
this tourney looks like its gonna be ****, i hope noone flops singles and doubles ends up being stacked like we predict

*** man ambrose is even coming LOL

JERK.ownz.you

Smash Apprentice
...Jerk, truce?
m.. yeah i guess... was fun talking **** :D
i still can't go though 'cause i'm stranded in woodbridge for a reason that will go unnamed (ceremonial thing). If a new tourney comes up I'll be there to back my **** up in brawl... after not playing for 6 months i think i still have it in me.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
nice marik good to know.

And as for side tournies, if you guys want B+ over PM then for sure let's do that.

Soooo

Brawl
Brawl doubles
Brawl +
Brawl -

BUUTT you guys need to bring the haxs or else it can't be done.
Realistically, we're only getting 3 events done if we're luck. One of te hacked versions is going to be on laggy TV's, and thats if we're running 3 events...

Good luck tho :ohwell:

Hey, just want to remind people that Wednesdays at York have started up again. I should be there every week at 5 with my Wii, unless I post otherwise.
Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193843

I might start coming on Thursdays if that works for the majority of people too.
How's monday & friday for you?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
+1 recording setup & laptop with ALJ Tourney Maker (which is >>>>> tio)

also +1 or 2 power bars

Also my brother may be interested in selling prints here, if that's cool with you Gi, and if he gets enough time to make them lol. He's in Ottawa at the animation festival for this week, but I'll see if he'll put up some samples when he gets back.

Gichan

Smash Champion
**** yes ceX! Of course I'll support that. He's welcome to come.

And yes Tin brought up what I wanted to pwn you guys with at the event that we may end up using lcds for hax games, maybe though I don't know yet.

If anyone's got component cables for wii PLEASE bring them cause we may end up using them.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
We probably will use the LCD TV's for hax games

people, don't count on using the CRT's for them. If we do, thats bonus.

This also limits the amount of games people can bring seeing as we would need to use a lot of TV's, LCD's or not. This means that the only games being played here should be Brawl, Brawl+, and I guess Brawl- (I don't see how it will fit tho). Since there are already 360's at the venue, setting up SSF4 (which is already there) and Blazblue: Continuum shift shouldn't be to hard to do, but that means absolutely nothing else.

I personally don't think people should get there hopes up for Melee at this tourney since its trying to run 4 events.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I already stated there will not be ssfiv, BB, or melee at this tourney in terms of tournaments. Friendlies set-ups is fine.

and for melee players, you can decide if you want a melee set-up right off the bat on an lcd.

For Brawl and brawl pools I will be running only on crts. Hax may be on lcds.

Gichan

Smash Champion
oh yeah they would, at least ****ing 8 tvs would be incredible but we haven't had raidos confirm any set-ups and I still have to go with ambrose to get my tv from just for kicks so we have a chance.

JERK.ownz.you

Smash Apprentice
Hey, just want to remind people that Wednesdays at York have started up again. I should be there every week at 5 with my Wii, unless I post otherwise.
Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193843

I might start coming on Thursdays if that works for the majority of people too.
Where at York? I go to U of T but i have days off on thursday and i'd be happy to start playing again.

So where exactly is this place?

Top Bottom