• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Plumber's Crack - Mario General

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
:cool:Take in the Mario in the back of my post. I wish he was bigger.

Dunno when I can say I'll be going to TX. The farthest I've been from home, for smash, was Nashville TN for KiT. I've got a ways to go before I start really traveling OoS. But, I'd love to start doing it more. I just need to get my situation solved. Maybe I'll meet you down the road, some where

And yo, my mario is rusty x_x
I feel like I'm half as good as I used.
I feel your pain, i stoped playing mario for a month wow i need to get it back

Last edited:

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
smh stopped using mario

never heard of it

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
I've only stopped for a while so that I can learn or to be exact better my gano skills but I'm getting right back on Mario but gano will always be my boy, but you can't count the plumber out. Mario's number one

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So, I ignored someone, and one of the threads is completely hidden from my view now. They didn't even make the thead ether
Wdf

Also
Ganon is sauce and mario is meatballs
MAJE DA RIcE CHOSE

Oh
And who do you guys secondary and y

And is mario cool enough to not have a Skype group :cool:

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Ike main yo.

Honestly if you see my posts around the boards in any capacity it's not exactly a secret.

Mario's awesome though and I feel like he can probably cover my bad MUs. Better than Wolf, anyway, after using Ike's Aether his recovery is too beans for me. Sorry, buddy.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
I 2nd Marth

just cause his range is cheap and his spike is awesome

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
I mean Mario and also the reason I use him just because I like how you have all the tools to almost adapt to any situation. if you need to play defensively he can do that. If you need to space he can also do that dough not as effective as other characters but he can still do it. But I'm secondary is ganon. Got to love the Sparta kick lo

Hybrid Fury

Smash Rookie
Mario has been my main since Smash 64 and he still remains to this day. Returning Mario to familiar Melee settings and removing the nearly useless FLUDD, was a nice move, but I seriously miss his old meteor smash. Yes, it was slow and hard to land, but it was oh so satisfying when you did it. Now, when his forward air connects, it launches them ala Dr. Mario. It feels easier to land, and it's still awesome, but... It's no meteor smash.

Scatz

Smash Champion
No true secondary as of now since I've barely been playing the game, but soon to be Yoshi & Mario co-main and Pikachu, Falco, Bowser. All my secondaries might not happen though.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I seriously miss his old meteor smash. Yes, it was slow and hard to land, but it was oh so satisfying when you did it. Now, when his forward air connects, it launches them ala Dr. Mario.
Fair still spikes. It has 2 different KB types. One is away and the other is the metro.

So far, I have Tink/pit as my secondary, but one day guys, I'm going to do it, it won't be 20xx forever
Gotta live that **** up

But anyway, I always loved Tink after WW and pit is my sorta Marthish counter/character I mained in brawl for the time I played it, besides, he's hella fun to play. He does make some of my unfavorable or hard to work with match ups much better and I get the surprise factor in my scene.

Oh
And if ftilt was made to look like a spartan kick, I would stop using all my kill move choices and only use it lol

Last edited:

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
I believe most of us has used mario since 64. His jyst that much fun and really great character competitively. I use mk to handle marth

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
That moment where you see people rocking the same name as you, and they main the same character. Makes you wanna MM just so you can say, "You ain't me."
I guess it's a good thing I slapped that trademark on it :p
I just wish you could use that in game

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
So, I ignored someone, and one of the threads is completely hidden from my view now. They didn't even make the thead ether
Wdf

Also
Ganon is sauce and mario is meatballs
MAJE DA RIcE CHOSE

Oh
And who do you guys secondary and y

And is mario cool enough to not have a Skype group :cool:
SKYPE GROUP SKYPE GROUP SKYPE GROUP SKYPE GROUP LEMME GET MY TINFOIL HAT SKYPE GROUP SKYPE GROUP

I might be down if I could remember my skype password and find my makeup kit so I could get all dolled up for the Mario mains.

But srsly sounds like a fun tiem.

Attachments

GeZ

Smash Lord
I figured out my password, so now I just need to understand how this flimbabbing thing actually works. How do you skype group?

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
lol wow ppl really make pm character skype groups?

GeZ

Smash Lord
Yeah, I guess. I was complaining about it in another thread but I guess I am the cancer now :T

Oh well.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I knew you come to the other side.

I'll make the group in a sec, ether add anthonyvolke or say wat yo name b or PM me

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I can't seem to get any vertical momentum with the Mario Tornado (same with Luigi). I can do it from the ground, but if I try from the air it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Then why can I do it starting from the ground? I thought it was something to do with fastfalling. I will try mashing harder and see if that works...

TheGrifBaller

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGrifballer
3DS FC
2122-8174-1282
try practicing on FoD (fountain of dreams) by jumping off and seeing if you can mash back to the stage

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Why FoD over other stages? I tried today and got a little bit better results, but it isn't that big of a deal. I am not really considering maining mario anyways, I am just sweeping through all the chars and seeing which is for me and had some trouble. Thanks anyways!

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
I feel kinda dumb asking-- What are some good ways to practice Uair combos? I appreciate you guys' help earlier in the thread about the move's autocancel frames. Just interested to know-- how do you know the move has successfully autocancelled? Is there anything else I should know about uair combos into kobe finishers?

I can combo inconsistently with the move, but it's kinda tricky trying to find that 'click' where I found the secret to getting it right. Are you supposed to uair as soon as you jump, or 'delay' the move until the right moment? And earlier you mentioned that you have to hit with the front of the hitbox. I'm guessing the initial kick? (Sorry, I'm overanalyzing from looking at the hitbox thread in this same section). :yeahboi:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I feel kinda dumb asking-- What are some good ways to practice Uair combos? I appreciate you guys' help earlier in the thread about the move's autocancel frames. Just interested to know-- how do you know the move has successfully autocancelled? Is there anything else I should know about uair combos into kobe finishers?

I can combo inconsistently with the move, but it's kinda tricky trying to find that 'click' where I found the secret to getting it right. Are you supposed to uair as soon as you jump, or 'delay' the move until the right moment? And earlier you mentioned that you have to hit with the front of the hitbox. I'm guessing the initial kick? (Sorry, I'm overanalyzing from looking at the hitbox thread in this same section). :yeahboi:
Just try it as you play players, CPUs or in training.
To know if you got the auto cancel, just do a empty sh. You see how you landed? That's what it'll look like if you get the auto cancel.
When to hit with uair depends.
Yes, the first kick. The second can be used to gimp.

Antarctica

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-4587-9922
I played as Dr.Mario for as long as I can remember. It isn't until recently I started playing Smash again on Project M and I got back into shape in about a week. Mario is just a well-rounded character and his jump height is easy to control. Problem is I have a hard time adapting to other characters after getting so used to playing Mario. Funny title btw I like it.

-confetti for first post on Smashboards-

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Then don't play other characters, Mario is capable of overcoming any MU (except Mewtwo, I am completely convinced that MU is unwinnable for Mario).

Antarctica

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-4587-9922
Then don't play other characters, Mario is capable of overcoming any MU (except Mewtwo, I am completely convinced that MU is unwinnable for Mario).
Yeah I just feel like I don't want to be too dependent on him because I get creamed if i'm up against Game N Watch or Shiek. I usually have a hard time against Wolf, Shiek, and GameNWatch as Mario and idk if it's just my incapability to counter them or if it's just a matchup issue playing as Mario. I feel like having a secondary main would at least help me in that aspect but I just can't seem to outfit any playstyle as well as Mario's unfortunately.

P.S. I hate Fludd in the Brawl version.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Mario beats G&W, and Wolf is even, Sheik beats him, but not hard enough to warrant a character switch imo. I think you just need to practice the MUs some more, once you get a feel for them you'll see that Mario is perfectly capable.

Last edited:

Antarctica

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-4587-9922
Mario beats G&W, and Wolf is even, Sheik beats him, but not hard enough to warrant a character switch imo. I think you just need to practice the MUs some more, once you get a feel for them you'll see that Mario is perfectly capable.
Ill definitely focus Shiek and Wolf against Dr. Mario then. I almost always use side-A while i'm running as initiator and follow up with down air or down-B.

Usually goes something like this as my main combo with Dr.Mario
side A (while runing)-> down A/down B -> up A or side smash

Sorry for not understanding the abbreviations just yet but i'm guessing MU means match up? I hope so Lol. But yeah that's my usual combo and I veer from it in certain instances if need be. I play very aggressively with Dr.Mario and am almost always the initiator in fights which is something i'm also trying to change at the moment too. Also thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Dash attack is an ok approach option, but it can be very punishable if you whiff or if they shield it, and Mario Tornado should never be used offensively, it's very easy to SDI, it's best saved for recovering.

Top Bottom