• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Player Compendium~Player Contact List & Match Maker

dandan

Smash Lord
why exactly is the keyboard not practical, there are a lot of very good keyboard players.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Because it takes longer to get good with keyboard than it does with controller, and unless you've played keyboard for a long time controller is always better. The keyboard also has some annoying drawbacks (tilting from a stand), which can be counteracted but are still incredibly annoying.

Of course you know all this lol, why wouldn't controller be better than keyboard?

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

dandan

Smash Lord
never said it is better or even equal to pad, just saying it is not impractical

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Today I stumbled onto this website, I myself am good but I'd like to play others to see exactly how good. I play on the 64, so please don't tell me about emulator tournies. I'd like to know if there are any in the new england area since I'm from Rhode Island. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
on the smashboards homepage, there is a tournament section. under this section, u will see a regional zones section. look in there for tournies goin on around the new england area. also, look in the competitive events subforum of the smash 64 forum. i believe there are some players that are getting together to play on console pretty soon for the Apex tourney coming up.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Smash 64 players in Denver, CO. Where u at?!

So, thanks to my job, I'm going to be in Denver, CO from 8/15/09 through 8/20/09 and would be down to play some smash :p. I did some research (both in the regional zone section and in the smash 64 player compendium thread) but didn't find any smash 64 players in that area. Are smash 64 players extinct in Colorado?

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Wow I am going to be in Denver for that exact same week before I go back to school in DC. I live there but I'll be in Texas until around Aug 15th. We should definitely play though. I have some other friends there I can get together too (although they are not exactly amazing xP). Where exactly are you going to be?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Today I stumbled onto this website, I myself am good but I'd like to play others to see exactly how good. I play on the 64, so please don't tell me about emulator tournies. I'd like to know if there are any in the new england area since I'm from Rhode Island. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
you are better off getting over your fear of emulation play...come join us~

DMoogle

A$
How does that prevent you from playing on a server? Aren't there South American servers?

Anyway, I suggested a server primarily for finding people who want to P2P, not for playing.

You can post in the Social Thread too if you want.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Wow I am going to be in Denver for that exact same week before I go back to school in DC. I live there but I'll be in Texas until around Aug 15th. We should definitely play though. I have some other friends there I can get together too (although they are not exactly amazing xP). Where exactly are you going to be?
im gonna be in Aurora (i thinks thats how u spell it :p) east of downtown Denver close to the airport. send me a pm with ur info if ur down.

DMoogle

A$
You could've at least tried to post in the Compendium thread. :ohwell:

I finally have some console matches with a Smashboards member lined up on Tuesday. :)

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
Ontario Players?

I've bin looking for some strong competition in Ontario for a while now. Anyone around?

Leave your name and contact info, looking for some console matches.

Or, if you are just coming through Ontario and are looking for some matches, let me know.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
You could've at least tried to post in the Compendium thread. :ohwell:

I finally have some console matches with a Smashboards member lined up on Tuesday. :)
yeah, i guess i couldve done that XD

anyways, i think i might have found some Colorado players. Norcal's finest vs Colorado. Mad hype!!!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I've bin looking for some strong competition in Ontario for a while now. Anyone around?

Leave your name and contact info, looking for some console matches.

Or, if you are just coming through Ontario and are looking for some matches, let me know.
There should be a few people relativity close to you...i know a few off hand but i dont know exactly where they live....i know Ybomb is around :p

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,not too late to submit,is it?

Name:Titaniachkt (mogul/no)
Server: Galaxy, p2p (willing to host), Sonic Cage Dome.
Emulator: p64k, mupen64k++ if so desired
Contact Preference: (PM, MSN, Server)
Times: (Varies greatly; pm me or something)

Nobody's ever in my area :'(

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
STOPxBANNINGxME
Banned (6 Points)

Off-topic I know, but it made me chuckle :D

Danger1214

Smash Rookie
Any takers?

My buddy Mike and I play Smash on the N64 and are looking for people to play against in the area around Orlando Florida. Pretty much we need a challenge ... haha. Anyone interested?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Name: Fynal
Emu: PJ64K
Server: Galaxy 64
Time: (local time GMT -5) 3-4pm every weekday, randomly (a lot) in evening/weekends

Agony

Smash Rookie
Just signed up!

Name: Agony
Emu: p64k, but mainly interested in offline play.

Battlecow

Play to Win
...right

assuming the meaning of protégé has recently become "some guy i know and beat most of the time, then call him fat, tell him to get better and go do something else"
u mad?

seriously though, take it to PM's. Or better yet, real life.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Having a protege would be fairly cool, even though I'm at the stage I could use a mentor lol.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Maybe once Dsc gets good with his controller he just got.
Robsta is 30 in real life it'd be weird lol.

Top Bottom